Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Chris T. - I Wanna Be The Night

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

13 Pages  « 10 11 12 13  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 132,529  ·  Replies: 315 
> Upcoming Anime Season Discussion, Discuss the upcoming anime season
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 04:57 PM

The Watcher

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 35,816

What about upcoming series?

For any fan of AKB48, there you go!
Can't wait 'till the 29'th! And then when the sub'd one comes out! smile.gif

This post has been edited by ATRUM_Neto on Apr 22 2012, 04:58 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 10:09 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

I've heard that Space Brothers has a live action movie set up for release sometime during this season, so I'm pretty excited about that. I picked up this tidbit of information today while browsing around. It is a commercial for MSG... I love MSG! It's so bad for you though... Anyway, Mutta and Hibito are so adorable! happy.gif

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Apr 22 2012, 10:09 PM
RalliKai
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 05:41 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

I am so behind on current anime. Real life being a factor but also not finding many new shows to be all that interesting to me. Eden of the East was the last series I watched in its entirety. Only show I've actually been keen to follow lately has been Gundam Unicorn.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: May 10 2012, 12:52 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Still watching the new Lupin and Space Brothers, and both of them are managing to keep my attention. So I'm really happy with that. Now I can finally say that I have started watching Eureka 7: AO. So far its pretty good, I'm very impressed by the character designs and the soundtrack. The scenery is not too bad either. If you're a fan of Eureka 7, then this is a great show to pick up. It builds off the concepts of the previous show while adding even more to the universe. I'm not going to lie though, it is confusing. You will probably be derping like me by the end of the first episode and wondering what the heck just happened. But with shows like this, they pilot episode is always confusing. Stick with it and I'm positive that it will be worth the initial confusion! happy.gif
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 01:10 AM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

Here's the chart for next season, Summer 2012:
http://thecartdriver.com/charts/

Only Tari Tari, Kokoro Connect and Muv Luv catches my interest. Although it does seem to be the season of the sequels, some of which i do want to watch but havn't seen/completed the 1st season yet. Moyashimon, Horizon and Dog Days (maybe lol).

--------------------------------------

This season though I've just been hoarding a lot of the shows rather than watching them. I'm greedy nature to bite off more than i can chew had kicked in again lol. Which is funny because the bigger the backlog becomes, the more put off i actually get to watch them.... =/

Watching:
- F/Z (Godlike!)
- Hyouka (KyoAni, I'm obligated lol)
- Space Brothers (so good)
- Kuroko no Basket (basketball with actual basketball content and no loli's to turn me off this time lol Still need to finish Ro-Kyo-Bu actually. Either I get suckered very easily by basketball shows if you havn't noticed :3)
- Acchi Kocchi (nice fun and little cute, heart-warming show to watch on the side)

Hoarding for now, but one day I will get to it... One day...:
- Sankarea (premise intrigues me a lot, even before anything aired and when i first saw the chart, but jsut havn't found the time tbh =/)
- Dusk maiden of Amnesia or w/e it's name is (same as above, want to watch but i don't make the time lol)
- Kids on slope/Sakamichi no Apollon or however the JP name is spelt (I know I really should be watching this, because of all the positive feedback I keep hearing)
- Accel World (Jumped on because of hype train and it was the popular show. Apparently main character is a fat wuss who just mopes all day despite being thrown into the dream life. He'd probably get on nervs quick even if i did watch this tbh lol)
- Jormungand (military action and what not that i see and other people got me interested. Apparently tries to copy Black Lagoon and fails at it though lol I guess I can look at it as a Black Lagoon lite when i watch it)
- Medaka Box (NisioisiN, the writer who wrote Bakemonogatari and Katanagari wrote the manga for this as well so through extension I had to check this out too. From what I know, it's a Shounen manga that pokes the hell out of the Shounen genre and all the characters are apparently fighting each other to be the main character lol.)
- AKB0048 (Yes I already this falls under the so bad, it's good umbrella. But for shits and giggles, why the hell not? laugh2.gif I just hope i don't end up hating myself for this lol facepalm.gif )

EDIT: wall of text and badly formatted post because well... not like anyones gonna end up reading it anyway lol derp.gif

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Jun 3 2012, 01:13 AM
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 05:33 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

Interesting, thanks for posting next season's chart. I probably will watch Kono Naka ni Hitori Imouto ga Iru and Yuru Yuri S2. Some others look interesting too... we'll see how it goes.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
flipflip
Posted: Jun 12 2012, 01:53 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,698

I don't have much time to keep really up to date with anime nowadays, as much as that pains me. So much to see and so little time. The only thing I do have time for is Studio 4C's "Peace.Eco.Smile" because each episode is only like...3-5 mins long. It just came out; it's about an alien that crashes into earth and falls in love with a human. So cute, and lovely artwork. Gives me a small anime fix that I need!

You can watch the first episode on Youtube here, it's pretty cute: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nv5GBqdsV8
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 12 2012, 02:15 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (flipflip @ 21 minutes, 38 seconds ago)
I don't have much time to keep really up to date with anime nowadays, as much as that pains me. So much to see and so little time. The only thing I do have time for is Studio 4C's "Peace.Eco.Smile" because each episode is only like...3-5 mins long. It just came out; it's about an alien that crashes into earth and falls in love with a human. So cute, and lovely artwork. Gives me a small anime fix that I need!

You can watch the first episode on Youtube here, it's pretty cute: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nv5GBqdsV8

A bit reminiscent of that Subaru anime isn't it?!
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Jun 19 2012, 04:37 AM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

That's cause Peace.Eco.Smile is being backed by Toyota tongue.gif

Honda has one in the works too with the Aria director. One Off.
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhOgwFCWmMg )

EDIT:
QUOTE (flipflip @ Jun 13 2012, 08:53 AM)

Your link is borked, you've included an extra "idforums.net" bit at the front. I've fixed and embedded it below for ya below happy.gif
YOUTUBE ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nv5GBqdsV8 )

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Jun 19 2012, 04:40 AM
vangore11
Posted: Jun 25 2012, 11:24 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 38,733

Only Tari Tari, Kokoro Connect and Muv Luv catches my interest. Although it does seem to be the season of the sequels, some of which i do want to watch but havn't seen/completed the 1st season yet.
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 15 2013, 09:30 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Looked at the chart for Summer recently, and the following series look interesting...

Danganronpa - The Animation
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi
Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku
Uchouten Kazoku
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya
Watamote!
Gifuu Doudou!! Kanetsugu to Keiji
Kiniro Mosaic

For movies...
Short Peace
Kick-Heart
Kaze Tachinu
Fate/Zero Cafe
Hal

For OVAs...
Corpse Party: Tortured Souls
Mirai Nikki Redial
Ark IX
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!: Kirameki no... Slapstick Noel
Tamako Market 'Occhoko Choi-chan'
Yowamushi Pedal OVA

I'll probably be trimming the series list a lot, since this is probably the most hefty list I've made for myself ever.
Seri
Posted: Jun 15 2013, 09:47 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

DAMMIT CORPSE PARTY. I ALREADY SAW THE SAEKO SCENE IN CH4. So go away.

...Anyway, I'll update this post later.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
IcyYukino
Posted: Aug 14 2013, 01:19 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 41,978

I can't wait for 2nd season of little busters to come out smile.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Sep 29 2013, 07:10 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Alright, I've checked out the charts for the Fall season. So far, I can say that the following titles look interesting and I will look into them more...

Anime
Coppelion
Kyoukai no Kanata
Nagi no Asukara
Outbreak Company
Kyousougiga
Kill La Kill
Meganebu!
Ace Of Diamond
Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono
Gingitsune
Non Non Biyori
Yowamushi Pedal
Noucome
Koroshiya-san: The Hired Gun
Galilei Donna
Pupa

Movies
Takanashi Rikka • Kai: Chuunibyou Movie
Sakasama no Patema
Madoka Magika Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Space Pirate Captain Harlock

OVA/Special
Kill Me Baby
Free!
Lupin III: Princess Of The Breeze
Super Seisyun Brothers
Miss Monochrome

My to-watch list will likely come from this list, in a much more stripped-down form (I can only follow so many series, after all). I don't use the three-episode test. The most I give is two episodes. If it's bad by the first episode, I'm dropping it. If it's mediocre on the first episode, I'll give it one more. I figure that's a fair way to do it.

So what else does everyone like from this upcoming season?
Seri
Posted: Sep 29 2013, 07:50 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

Galilei Donna, for sure. I'll try the others, though.

Ah, and Miss Monochrome.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by Miura Seri on Sep 29 2013, 07:50 AM
jbeavis100
Posted: Sep 29 2013, 09:10 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 38,847

Coppelion, Kill La Kill, Yowamushi Pedal, Galilei Donna, Pokemon: The Origin, (the interest in this one is low but i'll give it the three episode try) Log Horizon, Valvrave Season 2.

I'm super hyped for this one Gundam Build Fighters! Some people may not like the idea but personally I loved the advertisement thing they did before. It's basically a gundam dream match so I'm pretty hype.

Pokemon: The Origin is a no brainer I'm super excited for that one.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 29 2013, 09:25 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

>implying you'll get to see Harlock or Chu2 movies at any point during the next season

YEARITE! Count your lucky stars that Madoka Movie 3 is getting a stateside release. But as for next season, here we go...

TV Series:
Outbreak Company
I have a feeling I'll enjoy the main character, as he appears to always have relevant.

Infinite Stratos 2
I watched S1. 'Nuff said.

Little Busters ~Refrain~
I watched S1. It's key. 'Nuff said.

Hajime no Ippo Rising
ASU WO ASU NO KAZE GA FUKU SA TO
TASOGARE SORA DE NAMIDA KORARETE
YAGATE OTONA NI NARU BOKURA HE
SEITEN NO HEKIREKI

Seriously I've been waiting entirely too long for more of the best sports Anime ever created.

Gundam Build Fighters
It's Gundam. 'Nuff said.

Valvrave the Liberator S2
I just finished watching S1 yesterday FFFUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK

OVAs:
Genshiken Nidaime
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Ilya (x3!)
Kill Me Baby
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Suisei no Gargantia
Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku
Infinite Stratos
KissxPiss

Movie:
Madoka the Movie 3rd

That's it. Sure I'd love to see Harlock and Chu2 but considering how freaking long I had to wait for the live-action Yamato movie I refuse to hold my breath. It'll probably be out in a year. derp.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: Sep 29 2013, 11:41 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 hours, 15 minutes ago)
>implying you'll get to see Harlock or Chu2 movies at any point during the next season

YEARITE! Count your lucky stars that Madoka Movie 3 is getting a stateside release. But as for next season, here we go...

What the hell are you talking about? Going to see them in person? I never said that's what I expect to do.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 29 2013, 03:36 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 3 hours, 55 minutes ago)
What the hell are you talking about? Going to see them in person? I never said that's what I expect to do.

I didn't mean that either. I just think it's funny you listed them as 'next season' when there's 0 chance of you seeing them...as in 0 chance they'll be YARRHARR FIDDLEDEEDEE pirated for your viewing pleasure until the blurays hit, just like with Yamato/Eva/etc. Madoka is the only one that deserves to be in that list since you actually have a chance to see it during next season.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: Sep 29 2013, 03:42 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 6 minutes, 2 seconds ago)
I didn't mean that either. I just think it's funny you listed them as 'next season' when there's 0 chance of you seeing them...as in 0 chance they'll be YARRHARR FIDDLEDEEDEE pirated for your viewing pleasure until the blurays hit, just like with Yamato/Eva/etc. Madoka is the only one that deserves to be in that list since you actually have a chance to see it during next season.

Oh, I get it now. Hey, you never know. Let me keep my delusions.
Kerxn
Posted: Sep 30 2013, 05:12 AM

now clean your screen

Member No.: 3,880

Anime:

Coppelion
Kill la Kill
Yuusha ni Narenakatta
Miss Monochrome

I'll see what I want to pick up according to trends from here. Haven't watched IS or Little Busters so...

Movies:

Chuunibyou movie
Madoka 3

OVAs/ONAs/Specials/Shorts:

Watamote

Yeah... I think that's about it. I still can't into anime so.

kyonpalm
Posted: Sep 30 2013, 08:05 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kerxn @ 2 hours, 53 minutes ago)
OVAs/ONAs/Specials/Shorts:

Watamote

Isn't that October 2014?
Kerxn
Posted: Sep 30 2013, 08:30 AM

now clean your screen

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 24 minutes, 57 seconds ago)
Isn't that October 2014?

Is it? I don't know I was going off a site I looked up. It could be, damned if I know, because I'm still trying to play catch up. I finished Toradora yesterday, ffs.
kyonpalm
Posted: Sep 30 2013, 08:43 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kerxn @ 12 minutes, 19 seconds ago)
Is it? I don't know I was going off a site I looked up. It could be, damned if I know, because I'm still trying to play catch up.

Pretty sure it is. You were on Anichart, right?

QUOTE (Kerxn @ 12 minutes, 19 seconds ago)
I finished Toradora yesterday, ffs.
Kerxn
Posted: Sep 30 2013, 08:51 AM

now clean your screen

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 7 minutes, 17 seconds ago)
Pretty sure it is. You were on Anichart, right?

I have something for you.

Yeah. Also, based Taiga. And yeah I've kinda read that... and pretty much all the rest of the Taiga ones on sadpanda.

13 Pages  « 10 11 12 13