Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Go 2 - Looka Bomba

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

12 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 354,368  ·  Replies: 280 
> Initial D Fifth Stage Episode 13 & 14, Discussion and how to download it
Tessou
Posted: May 13 2013, 10:49 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (eatsuki @ Yesterday, 9:11 PM)
Then he said he will go to Japan next month and drive on mount Haruna and all the other Initial D touge hot spots. Give the man the benefit of the doubt tongue.gif

Everybody that says they're going to go drive on Haruna and "other drift hot spots" that actually does somehow comes back as a self-important douchebag. I would know, I've warned a few of them.

It's a public street, and it's not as exciting as the show/manga makes it out to be.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 13 2013, 12:49 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Aradiel @ 5 hours, 59 minutes ago)
People are so suspicious on the internet. That, and they can't seem to read simple English.

Look at it this way, even Hulk Hogan's son was a professional drifter, or he tried to be. Of course, that didn't end so well.

We have reason to be. This forum is chock full of wannabe kids who wanna look big on the internet. For instance, people who steal pictures of our former Admin's car and claim it's their own. derp.gif So you'll have to excuse us for being skeptical when presented with such... lackluster evidence, shall we say?

Tessou's right, but I would go so far as to say that Initial D ruined them just as much as it ruined the Corolla. I imagine those roads were a little less... 'safety-oriented' before Initial D hit and all the fanboys flocked there. Now they're a shell of their former selves. Sure they look the same and you can still drive them (we have a few members here who have, and took video) but pulling stupid street racer shit on them is out of the question unless you enjoy dying and/or killing others.

So, bottom line? If you wanna be a tourist and check them out, that's awesome. If you think you're gonna be some hot-shit racer and drift them? Save yourself a lot of time and money and just stay where you're at.
Tessou
Posted: May 13 2013, 01:03 PM

Group Icon

I think Initial D's distinct lack of police anywhere has created the sense that these roads are not watched. Speed cameras, plentiful speed bumps on the corners, and other defeating measures have been implemented in the decades since the drift culture caught on in Japan and the authorities got wise to it.

Just look at recent Irohazaka videos, for example. It's nothing like Initial D presents it. Lots of speed bumps, and the guardrails certainly do not end prematurely to facilitate idiots throwing cars around them. There's also the fact that the road is insanely narrow and steep, so every corner is terrifying. You'd be an incredible moron to even try putting a car sideways anywhere on it.
Cyinide
Posted: May 13 2013, 01:36 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,054

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 47 minutes, 33 seconds ago)
We have reason to be. This forum is chock full of wannabe kids who wanna look big on the internet. For instance, people who steal pictures of our former Admin's car and claim it's their own. derp.gif So you'll have to excuse us for being skeptical when presented with such... lackluster evidence, shall we say?

Tessou's right, but I would go so far as to say that Initial D ruined them just as much as it ruined the Corolla. I imagine those roads were a little less... 'safety-oriented' before Initial D hit and all the fanboys flocked there. Now they're a shell of their former selves. Sure they look the same and you can still drive them (we have a few members here who have, and took video) but pulling stupid street racer shit on them is out of the question unless you enjoy dying and/or killing others.

So, bottom line? If you wanna be a tourist and check them out, that's awesome. If you think you're gonna be some hot-shit racer and drift them? Save yourself a lot of time and money and just stay where you're at.

I get what you're saying about what Initial D did to mountain roads, but I'm not quite following you on how it ruined the Corolla. What do you mean by that?
Tessou
Posted: May 13 2013, 02:01 PM

Group Icon

Foisted upon the masses the idea that the AE86 Corolla was the fastest, greatest car on the planet. In real life, it's not so great. The engine was fantastic... in the late 80's. Everything about it is severely outdated now, and all of the cars it went up against in the series would have actually stomped it into the ground.
Seri
Posted: May 13 2013, 02:21 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

QUOTE (Tessou @ 19 minutes, 12 seconds ago)
Foisted upon the masses the idea that the AE86 Corolla was the fastest, greatest car on the planet. In real life, it's not so great. The engine was fantastic... in the late 80's. Everything about it is severely outdated now, and all of the cars it went up against in the series would have actually stomped it into the ground.

Except the Cappuccino.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 13 2013, 02:25 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Cyinide @ 48 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
I get what you're saying about what Initial D did to mountain roads, but I'm not quite following you on how it ruined the Corolla. What do you mean by that?

I'm referring to the tofu tax.
Tessou
Posted: May 13 2013, 02:26 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 minute, 14 seconds ago)

POST OF THE YEAR 2013 RIGHT THERE. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Seri
Posted: May 13 2013, 02:28 PM

Group Icon

Tofu tax indeed.
If not for if Initial D, teens would be using it as a daily... And, yeah...
facepalm.gif

PhoenixANG
Posted: May 13 2013, 02:30 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 41,459

Shouldn't there technically be two more battles after the Inui battle... An underlying premise of the series since the beginning was that Keisuke would challenge Takumi one more time after Project D was finished. I've similiarly gotten the feeling that Takumi wants to take on Bunta one more time...
Aradiel
Posted: May 13 2013, 03:01 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 38,958

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 36 minutes, 11 seconds ago)

I've heard it called the Takumi tax before too. The first time I've seen tofu used though.

As for my comments about the drifter, yes, I was skeptical too. Although I was serious about being a professional drifter not being all that big a deal. Seriously, have you seen Hogan's son drifting? I'm not talking about the crash on the roads, I mean his actual attempts to be a pro drifter. Funny stuff.

You're right about real life being and the show being different. Japan is a generally pretty reserved country, and while I don't doubt that people drive that way on the streets, it's certainly not as common as portrayed in ID. As above, when you try to do stupid shit on public roads, that's what happens. Hogan's son spent some time in jail, and his friend will spend his entire life with severe brain damage.

I've never been to Japan myself, but having traveled to other places I've seen on TV, it's rarely the same. In person things are never as exciting. Although if I do get a chance to go to Japan, driving along some of the famous roads from ID and other anime and TV shows I've seen would be something I'd like to do.

Posting stolen pics is stupid, yes. Posting pics stolen from an admin other people recognize, well, some people take stupidity to a whole other level.
Seri
Posted: May 13 2013, 03:31 PM

Group Icon

I want to drive Sadamine in a black FD3S. It's my dream. *laughs*

Dailoh
Posted: May 13 2013, 04:46 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 41,375

As disappointing as it may be, after so many years of waiting after Stage 4, I cant really complain. Maybe for the epic finale of the 86 vs 86 race, it will be like Stage 3 where it will be a movie.

AND maybe, JUST MAYBE, I think they are going to say that the younger kid might be Takumi's younger brother? Think about it, Takumi lives with Bunta, and the kid lives with only his mother. I think that would be a fantastic ending. Just saying.
Chidoki
Posted: May 13 2013, 05:18 PM

Fictional Compiler

Member No.: 3,699

QUOTE (Dailoh @ 32 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
As disappointing as it may be, after so many years of waiting after Stage 4, I cant really complain. Maybe for the epic finale of the 86 vs 86 race, it will be like Stage 3 where it will be a movie.

AND maybe, JUST MAYBE, I think they are going to say that the younger kid might be Takumi's younger brother? Think about it, Takumi lives with Bunta, and the kid lives with only his mother. I think that would be a fantastic ending. Just saying.

This is like Bunta telling Takumi that he has a brother from another mother. derp.gif
Blues
Posted: May 13 2013, 08:28 PM

Silent Hero

Member No.: 15,805

QUOTE (PhoenixANG @ 5 hours, 57 minutes ago)
Shouldn't there technically be two more battles after the Inui battle... An underlying premise of the series since the beginning was that Keisuke would challenge Takumi one more time after Project D was finished. I've similiarly gotten the feeling that Takumi wants to take on Bunta one more time...

I highly doubt either we happen since neither wouldn't productively advance the plot in any way.

At least in the manga. Maybe the anime but I still doubt it.
pimenta59
Posted: May 13 2013, 08:29 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 40,072

Anyone checked on Perry? How's he doing?
Banken
Posted: May 13 2013, 10:02 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 22,465

QUOTE (Tessou @ 8 hours, 0 minutes ago)

The engine was never the strong point of the AE86... the Civic has always been faster than the 86, sadly. Especially after the B16 came out. Pretty much any VTEC car will be faster than pretty much any AE86, but not always as much fun.

In reality the police very rarely show up at the 'touge' to enforce laws, but most of the really big places (Hakone, and all the roads made famous by Initial D like Haruna and Akagi) have had anti-drifting measures installed to prevent racing (groves in the road, waved asphalt to keep people slow, barriers in between the lanes). But I've been told that when they do show up they just chase the people out.

I can't wait for the HQ to come out... the LQ video kind of ruined 11 and 12 for me because it just made the animation look so bad.
Kureji
Posted: May 14 2013, 03:08 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 39,574

I smell another stage movie coming up
Perry
  Posted: May 14 2013, 04:08 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

(Vimeo Streaming)

(Direct Downloads)
»»» Japanese Audio w/ English Subtitles (MP4 - For Mobile and Gaming Console Use Only)

Thanks for stepping up, FC3SRedSuns/REDSUNS42 Fansubs!! And thank you all for patiently waiting. Episode 13 English Sub is here. Check it out! smile.gif

Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
nasaeepandai59
Posted: May 14 2013, 04:40 AM

The One and Only Monstro

Member No.: 38,928

QUOTE (Perry @ 31 minutes, 51 seconds ago)
(Vimeo Streaming)

(Direct Downloads)
»»» Japanese Audio w/ English Subtitles (MP4 - For Mobile and Gaming Console Use Only)

Thanks for stepping up, FC3SRedSuns/REDSUNS42 Fansubs!! And thank you all for patiently waiting. Episode 13 English Sub is here. Check it out! smile.gif

Thanks a lot for the subs happy.gif
shdin271
Posted: May 14 2013, 05:03 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 41,469

thanks perry
nasaeepandai59
Posted: May 14 2013, 05:23 AM

The One and Only Monstro

Member No.: 38,928

Watched episode 13 and this is what I have to say.

SPOILER

And I hope and pray that they make a movie or OVA.

It would be so nice to watch that in the cinemas.

This post has been edited by nasaeepandai59 on May 14 2013, 05:26 AM
alucard1994
Posted: May 14 2013, 07:10 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 32,424

Yea there are no mountains in Miami i meant next month in going to japan to drift on some of these mountain passes they have.
gamercado
Posted: May 14 2013, 07:24 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 41,091

Thanks for the subs! Can't wait for episode 14!

Anyways, I agree with most of the people here saying that 5th stage is subpar compared to the other stages. I felt like they could have stretched this stage to include probably more episodes.

The biggest disappointment for me was the ending of the Ryosuke-Hojo grudge match. That was sooo anti-climactic (or maybe that cool down period in between episodes ruined the atmosphere for me).

I don't know what to expect in episode 14, but if it shows the ending of the uphill battle + the entire downhill battle, that would be disappointing for me. I almost certainly feel there will be an OVA of some sort, probably another battle stage, to show the extended versions of the battles.
geokilla
Posted: May 14 2013, 07:59 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 25,650

Is it just me or are the character designs a lot better? It's like they saved most of their budget for these two episodes.

QUOTE (gamercado @ 34 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
Thanks for the subs! Can't wait for episode 14!

Anyways, I agree with most of the people here saying that 5th stage is subpar compared to the other stages. I felt like they could have stretched this stage to include probably more episodes.

The biggest disappointment for me was the ending of the Ryosuke-Hojo grudge match. That was sooo anti-climactic (or maybe that cool down period in between episodes ruined the atmosphere for me).

I don't know what to expect in episode 14, but if it shows the ending of the uphill battle + the entire downhill battle, that would be disappointing for me. I almost certainly feel there will be an OVA of some sort, probably another battle stage, to show the extended versions of the battles.

They could've down the same for fourth stage. They cut so much out. I don't understand the reasoning behind it. Someone here mentioned it before they had a reason on speeding everything up.

12 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 »