Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (IRC)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 11 unique listeners, playing (Electrock) m.o.v.e - Blowin' Wind

Automotive Section Rules
Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

16 Pages  « 14 15 16  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 18,192  ·  Replies: 377 
> The SpazEvo IX, Numero Dos!
xiao
Posted: Jun 21 2017, 02:58 AM

moon★bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Spaz @ 7 hours, 53 minutes ago)
YOUTUBE ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=NREIX1FA_w4 )

> Regular Car Reviews thumbnail font ... laugh.gif

Nice lap, looked hella fun man!

This post has been edited by xiao on Jun 21 2017, 06:38 AM
Spaz
  Posted: Jun 21 2017, 08:59 PM

I just wanna go fast
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (Sensation! @ Yesterday, 10:19 PM)
You're making strides. Congrats on breaking the record again!
Damn I so badly want to sponsor you.

I blame the power and the new tires for that. The track was weirdly slippery and didn't have the confident feel it normally does. Others were feeling the same way so I know it wasn't the car. Both myself and the buddy I was racing all weekend feel like the track has 1:40s (and possibly 1:39s) in it for both our cars on a good weekend with ideal conditions and setups.

I'd still like to go as far as I can on the current setup before making any more major changes, but I'll let you know when that time comes.

QUOTE (xiao @ Today, 5:58 AM)
> Regular Car Reviews thumbnail font ... laugh.gif

Nice lap, looked hella fun man!

I just use what looks good! Didn't even realize it until you mentioned it. laugh2.gif

And thanks, it certainly is!
Spaz
  Posted: Jun 25 2017, 07:00 PM

I just wanna go fast
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Last weekend was MAPerformance Proving Grounds at Brainerd International Raceway. I volunteered to work the event with Central Wisconsin Sports Car Club, and did some messing with the setup for the track time I did get, and did still compete in the the Triple Track Showdown.
I started out drag racing on Saturday afternoon. Not my favorite activity but I certainly won't label it as boring like some do. I dropped tire pressures and lowered front rebound to help get the car to hook off the line, which appeared to work. Cut a low 1.8 60', my best yet in the car, and turned a 12.7 at 105 that pass.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 504. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

The autox that evening was mostly dry to chase cones in, but by the time it came for me to run, it had poured. Noting a lack of low speed cornering compliance from the suspension, I set the rebound down to the recommended street setting to allow more roll onto the outside tires. While I'm sure it would have helped plenty in the dry, it was a godsend in the wet. While I took it somewhat easy, even as the surface began to dry along the racing line, the car felt very composed and predictable, which I used to my advantage where possible. Despite being the first time I've autox'd on this suspension, the car felt at home with the way things were set.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 683. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Lastly, on Sunday, it came time for the usual benchmarking on the road course. I set the suspension to the usual settings and took a couple laps to warm up in the morning. The car seemed in order and just flat-out felt great so I decided to leave everything as-is going into the timed runs in the afternoon. I warmed up the tires on my first run, and went for it on the second, which immediately landed me in my goal range with a 1:41.39. I knew there was more in it from there, and went for it again on the second run, but was foiled by the heat in the tires, but ran a weirdly dead consistent 1:41.39. When my 4th run came after the break, I knew I had to make it count. The tires had a little heat in them still so I knew I could push right from the start, and I did. As corner after corner clicked into place I knew I had the lap together as I crossed the line, and there it was on the board; 1:40.96. Not as fast as I could have gone, but damn close.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 566. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Took first in Super Street in the Triple Track Showdown and learn a lot about the car in the process. Overall, a very successful weekend.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CboB237Veoc )

Right now the car is trapped in the garage for a new radiator to hope fully fix the cooling issues from Gingerman (which did not return at BIR) but after that it's all ready for Autobahn in Chicago this coming weekend, and then a nice long mid-season break that can't come fast enough.

This post has been edited by Spaz on Jun 25 2017, 07:01 PM

16 Pages  « 14 15 16