Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Burning Desire (New Generation Remix)

Important Rules
user posted image

• Post everything about Initial D Extreme Stage in this section.
Do not create new threads that have already been covered by pinned threads. This may result in a verbal warning.
Do not post fake times in the time attack thread. If we find out about it, it will result in an actual warning.
• Bring about your discussions on personal opinions (cars, courses, etc.) in a civil manner. Flaming and/or baiting will not be tolerated and may result in a verbal warning. Subsequent offenses will result in an actual warning.

ATTENTION: Initial D Extreme Stage works globally online, but only on the Japanese version.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,350  ·  Replies: 5 
> Online Problems, Whats going on actually....?
KC Lee
  Posted: Jul 29 2009, 09:50 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,608

I just got my copy few weeks ago from today. The game was alright and its what i expected.

I know everyone has wrote forums of online problems but mine is really more specific. So here is the details:

No matter what, whenever i tried to race people online, they always disconnect about 30 sec. to a min. after the start of the race. I also know that my PS3 is on NAT Type 3. I think thats really the problem of why i cant have a decent race or connection even with anyone in the US with Initial D extreme stage copies.

I have seen tutorials of making it NAT 2, however, i can't seem to establish or even make a static IP since all the tutorials are required for that. Even though i tried, it won't connect. Basically it can only connect with the Dynamic default IP address which is not the 192.168.1.(whatever number goes here by choice).

I even chatted with my ISP representative and they told me i have to purchase it, which is pretty stupid if you ask me since there are also tutorials to make a static isp. -__-;;;

I use a Netgear WGR614v7 router and my ISP is from FastAccess DSL from AT&T.

I know that some of you may not be able to help 100% but any opinion or advice is more than welcome.

I really want to get full potential out of this game before the next ID game comes out.

Again, i really appreciate any advice or opinion on this topic ^^
MzdaspD
Posted: Jul 29 2009, 10:37 PM

RE雨宮~wtfbbq!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,047

that's weird because my internet connection is NAT3 as well but I get good connection on the playstation network on all my games including IDES

*EDIT* One thing you could try is to forward your port to the ps3 network. I just checked and noticed i was on NAT2 but before when my network was NAT3 I could still go on IDES. I heard that NAT3 is mainly for audio devices but i'm not sure

This post has been edited by MzdaspD on Jul 29 2009, 11:31 PM
KC Lee
  Posted: Aug 1 2009, 02:09 PM

Shmuck

QUOTE (MzdaspD @ Jul 29 2009, 10:37 PM)
that's weird because my internet connection is NAT3 as well but I get good connection on the playstation network on all my games including IDES

*EDIT* One thing you could try is to forward your port to the ps3 network. I just checked and noticed i was on NAT2 but before when my network was NAT3 I could still go on IDES. I heard that NAT3 is mainly for audio devices but i'm not sure

tried porting. Do all have to be open to play well? because one of the port is conflicting with another service.
Dark Genshii
Posted: Aug 1 2009, 08:11 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 16,315

See if your router has an option to allow your PS3 to access the internet directly. This way, you won't have to worry about ports.
I'm not sure what it may be called on your router, but on mine it's called a "Demiltarized zone".
MzdaspD
Posted: Aug 1 2009, 09:57 PM

RE雨宮~wtfbbq!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,047

QUOTE (KC Lee @ 7 hours, 48 minutes ago)
tried porting. Do all have to be open to play well? because one of the port is conflicting with another service.

is your ps3 turned on when porting? make sure your ps3 is turned off
KC Lee
  Posted: Aug 3 2009, 07:07 PM

Shmuck

QUOTE (MzdaspD @ Aug 1 2009, 09:57 PM)
is your ps3 turned on when porting? make sure your ps3 is turned off

tried that too but didnt work at all.....still having people disconnected from races.