Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Go Go Girls - One Night in Arabia (B4 ZA Beat Remix)

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a topic. Posting a repeated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Advertising without any actual participation in the forums is consider spamming. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
• Post Initial D / Automotive related merchandise here. Unrelated threads will be locked and the topic starter could receive a verbal warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 1,751  ·  Replies: 7 
> How Bizzare. New Initial D swag on the horizon, Radioshack scores rights for ID cars
Josh
  Posted: Jul 19 2003, 03:42 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 557

I'm not sure if this is good news or not, but word on the Tiny RC forums is that Radio Shack will be making Initial D vehicles as part of their ZipZaps micro rc line (they're like Bit Char G's, but a lil bit bigger, same engines and innards pretty much though.), I have an article that comes straight from the horses mouth right here http://www.radioshacksucks.com/ubb/Forum1/...TML/003458.html I found this really odd, I know its just Tokyopop trying to push their wares, but still, I can't wait for these lil suckers, being that I can't get my hands on the Initial D Bit Char-G set, The announced cars so far are on that link, but if you don't wanna click it:

Starters: (Car and controller), Ryosuke's FC3S, Keisuke's FD3S

Extra body/accessories set: Night Kids team: R-32 and SiR II body sets, and the last set announced so far is Takumi's Trueno and Itsuki's Levin (o_O why?!) complete with the fastest engines availible. Oh, another sweet thing is these cars are supposed to have working headlights/taillights, so that could be neat. Theres also some mumbo jumbo about a new steering system, so thats cool. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up on this new stuff, I'm a mini rc enthusiast and I must say that Radioshack's cars suck, they make good engines and whatnot, but the steering gets wacky after a while, so that new steering may be a Godsend. Anywho, thats all for now, keep an eye out for em sometime between Sep 10-12th, I know I better start saving my pennies happy.gif.

-Josh
Tai-Mai-Shu
Posted: Jul 19 2003, 06:22 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 187

Argh, I bought those Bit-Charge G ones and i thought i wasted my money. Those mini-rc cars keep turning left or right when I tell it to point straight in a direction, even though I tried to straighten the alignment numerous times to the point of using tape.

I'm not even going to bother with Zipzap versions. It already hurts enough that they're trying to start the Initial D craze, but with zipzaps??

Josh
  Posted: Jul 19 2003, 08:28 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 557

Seriously? I had a problem with my Bits steering mechanism fouling up after a while, but I solved it by buying a bunch of Shen Qi Wei (known as "Rally Racers" in the US) clone cars, these things are fast right out of their lil plastic bubble thing, and I've never had a single problem with em, I've heard you can do upgrades to the steering via some magnets or something..anyway, I may be telling you something you've done billions of times, but drive your car in a straight line (well, try to..), watch which way its turning, and adjust the steering to the opposite way. But if that dosen't work, yeah, I hear ya, drat..I wish I had that Initial D set =/, just for the Trueno and Yellow FD bodies.
S15-guy
Posted: Jul 19 2003, 09:59 PM

dampachi!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 177

i have a bit, it rocks, and I never had a problem with it, did you get a REALY bit, or a clone?
Tai-Mai-Shu
Posted: Jul 20 2003, 05:28 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 187

I bought a clone AND a the Bit-Charge G ones

I bought the clone set first that was made from China. It had almost the same packaging but the car name brands were misstype with intention like Naissin and Hodna.

The clones failed just like I said in my previous post. Pissed off I went and got the real deal thinking it would be better.

I spent 45 dollars on getting a genuine Bit-Charge G model and I ended up having the same problem , just with a more shinier box and Initial D shells. It still couldn't steer straight and kept on doing donuts when I wanted to go straight in a line cause the damn thing would curve.
Woffle
Posted: Jul 21 2003, 03:15 PM

/b/lackup

Member No.: 382

i got a bit char-G and itz fun the only thing i dont like about it is that i do donuts evry time i tap the steering
Alex
Posted: Jul 24 2003, 12:43 AM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

my old bit was a fake. Bit Char-A R34. it sucked. i had the same turning problem. always wanted to go left for me. and the charge lasted about 3 minutes. 3 minutes total. if i was using it for the entire time it would loose power after like 1.5 minutes. damn peice of crap.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Toshi
Posted: Jul 30 2003, 08:10 PM

Crash Test Dummy

Member No.: 309

man those things are too damn expensive and they break easily