Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Sound Files Vol.1) worry

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

24 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 47,203  ·  Replies: 584 
> IDAS4 Cars Evaluation, Advantages and Disadvantages
Alv
Posted: Sep 9 2007, 10:09 PM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 25,662

my review on my cars

evo 9. 7-7-7-7-7
-bad handling
-average startup speed (depending on how u shift)
-freaking big arse to block ppl's view.
-pretty good battle car

*big arse means easy to hit as well
*the tail slides.

rx8. 6-6-5-5-5
-a very good balanced car. wat else could i say more?

evo3 0-0-0-2-7
-ahhhh a very very VERRRY fun car to drive.
-rocks on uphill
-strong 3rd gear (might be just me)
-MFS ROCK TO THE MAXX!
-bring ppl uphill night....it irritates ppl!!

*UGLYYYY!! >< ugly ugly arse and rear spoilers!
*might suck in wet... might..
Pen^2
Posted: Sep 9 2007, 11:36 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,699

@jnry3
Isn't Itsuki launch like rocket and leave every car behind? I've seen some japanese battle videos and EvoIX beat S2000 at start.

@Glocker
How's ur Altezza? wink2.gif
Glocker
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 05:26 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 25,591

QUOTE (Pen^2 @ Yesterday at 11:36 PM)
@Glocker
How's ur Altezza? wink2.gif

Not bad, it is EFFING quick on the straights but on corners it's abit bleargh. I guess the body's too heavy for touge racing; you have to be mindful of its huge arse and its tendency to swing out after every corner. It likes to be friendly with the guardrails. A tap of the brakes + fast countersteering usually saves the day. It's alot harder to push the limits with this car than others like the FD or the S2000, eventhough Odie said 2'59 Akina DH is possible. I'm wondering how cuz I'm still stuck at 3'10, but broke it with lesser tuned FDs and S2000s. Stick with your GC8V; it's alot more reliable, and use the Altezza as your fun car.

The V3 'tezza used to suck on wet everywhere except Akina, but it's alot more stable this time. The wet physics just lowers the threshold of grip on your car, so you understeer at a lower speed than dry. Counter this with slightly heavier braking and you should be fine. Slightly lower speed exit is no major hindrance to the Altezza, which can bolt out of corners in all top 3 gears. Truly frightening acceleration, t'is car.
Pen^2
Posted: Sep 12 2007, 11:31 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Today tried some LOTS with my Altezza today on Akina vs Wataru & Takumi.
OMG, now I understand why Glocker said "bleargh", on most hairpins I suffered huge, and I mean huge speed loss. I was shocked myself and almost lost to Takumi.

But I really believe that the acceleration on straight is really good. When battling Takumi I couldn't even pass him on the long straight and I thought I was going to lose. But to my surprise I overtook him just after the left gentle turn before the final right turn before the finish line. Back then, my GC8V could get closer but couldn't overtake him at all, yet it was HT.

So my current review for this Altezza:
- crazy acceleration
- oversteer
- slow on corners

@Glocker
Yes GC8V is still my main TA car and Altezza is going to be my fun car. But I'm expecting it to be a battle car rather than just a fun car. Can I ask ur opinion about this car on battles? Especially about the start-up. Sorry, too lazy to use PM ^^;
Kenji
Posted: Sep 12 2007, 05:41 PM

Diesel freak!

Member No.: 25,899

Nissan Silvia Q's [1-0-0-0-0] << LOOK at the tuning first...

Pros:
Strong powerband, acceleration in stock form is linear
Preety nice acceleration in lower gears
Lower gears are strong
It's quite stable... only suffered minor understeer in Akina and Myogi
Very easy to turn
You can rev pass the redline a little, [6000 redline, max rev is at around 6300]

Cons:
Struggling for grip in some corners
Tail sliding too violent, Iroh is the killer map
Weak 4th gear [only 142 in Tsukuba]
Doesn't do well in wet maps too...
Bus engine sound after muffler conversion... >.<
No "PSSH"

Gonna FT this car and test it out...since most of the cons can be fixed/improved after tuning...

This post has been edited by KenjiDc2 on Sep 12 2007, 05:43 PM
Glocker
Posted: Sep 12 2007, 05:44 PM

IDW Expert Member

@Pen^2

If players at your arcade don't ram at start-up, you'll win on most maps that has a long start stretch like Myogi/Akagi/Akina/Irohazaka DH, even if you are on the left (right for Akagi DH) lane. You'll probably get to the first corner of Tsukuba IB/OB like 0.8m-0.5m ahead before he pulls ahead of you due to first right corner. Tip: for Tsukuba IB, if you're on the left lane, use the gutter on the 2nd corner (left) to pass him.

As a battle car on whole, if you can clear corners as fast as your opponent, you'll leave him in the dust when you hit the straights. And its huge rear is a plus for blocking. It might as well have one because it's not a forgiving car; any slight mistakes and the race is in very real danger of being over.

This post has been edited by Glocker on Sep 12 2007, 05:45 PM
Kenji
Posted: Sep 13 2007, 04:34 AM

Diesel freak!

Member No.: 25,899

QUOTE (KenjiDc2 @ Today at 9:41 AM)
You can rev pass the redline a little, [6000 redline, max rev is at around 6300]

I made a mistake this morning when posting.
Apparently, the Silvia Q's redlines at 7,000 instead of 6,000 and the maximum rev permitted is 7,350 rpm.

Apologies to all~
the man who waiting ..
Posted: Sep 16 2007, 05:19 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 26,311

QUOTE (DamienWolf @ Aug 29 2007, 09:38 AM)
I have 2 FT cars and handled a few more so anyway I'll share what I know.

S2000

Pros:

- Its a 6 gear Trueno.
- A good all-rounder car.
- Command it and it will follow you. Turns like a dream.
- I feel a lot more stable using the S2K than my 86 at times.
- Sexy.

Cons:

- Torque. Also sluggish accel at low RPMs when you gear change.
- Not very wall-ram-friendly
- Also since its a 6 gear car, there are more chances to botch up gear changes (like shifting up while turning)
- Very very slippery on wet.

AE86 Trueno (Racing Engine)

Pros:

- Its not top car for nothing.
- Godly acceleration.
- Also turns really well
- Great anywhere
- Rapes the wall like it wants a death warrant (sorry, lame joke)

Cons:

- Slippery car
- You have to keep the butt in line because it always swings out.
- Startup sucks.

RX7 FD

Pros:

- Rotary. 'Nuff said.
- Great battle car.
- Can go everywhere AND wet.
- Great Torque. Accels really fast even after gear change or wall taps.
- Sexy.

Cons:

- I find this car very heavy.
- Sometimes hard to use.
- Doesnt turn as well as Trueno and S2K. Which means different timing on turning (or at least more effort on your part)

Then ae86 racing engine acceleration is faster than other cars?
Bruce
Posted: Sep 16 2007, 07:48 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 25,939

QUOTE (Pen^2 @ Sep 12 2007, 11:31 AM)
Today tried some LOTS with my Altezza today on Akina vs Wataru & Takumi.
OMG, now I understand why Glocker said "bleargh", on most hairpins I suffered huge, and I mean huge speed loss. I was shocked myself and almost lost to Takumi.

But I really believe that the acceleration on straight is really good. When battling Takumi I couldn't even pass him on the long straight and I thought I was going to lose. But to my surprise I overtook him just after the left gentle turn before the final right turn before the finish line. Back then, my GC8V could get closer but couldn't overtake him at all, yet it was HT.

So my current review for this Altezza:
- crazy acceleration
- oversteer
- slow on corners

@Glocker
Yes GC8V is still my main TA car and Altezza is going to be my fun car. But I'm expecting it to be a battle car rather than just a fun car. Can I ask ur opinion about this car on battles? Especially about the start-up. Sorry, too lazy to use PM ^^;

It most lightly Altezza takes the lead, next thing you do just drive wat you drive, without trouble, your opponent view will block and having trouble to drive and make mistake.( This aren't my style but i race with someone in tsukuba with this trick with 100% power, he just keep ramming me and get 50m advantage in the end, this trick may only useful in boost off).
If playing boost on, you should stay back and overtake him, even they keep blocking you, Altezza may still have chance(make him panic!), i overtake someone in the last bridge at iro fear2.gif (just wat takumi did, but i at the back all the time)

Using Altezza in Tsukuba is really useful in practice, you need the handling your steering well, not too close not too far, i just having problem in the last 2 cp.

This post has been edited by Bruce on Sep 16 2007, 07:50 PM
Pen^2
Posted: Sep 17 2007, 08:59 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Thx for the review Bruce, make me wanna FT my Vios, err, Altezza more and more ASAP smile.gif

Anyway today I watch a newbie battled, S15 vs GC8V on iro dhd. I was kinda shocked that S15 lost the start-up, it was even on the right lane and no ramming involved. The S15 tuning was 5 engine, 1 exhaust, and maybe 3 ECU, I don't remember about the suspension and body. Too bad I didn't have the chance to ask the GC8V tuning, but I guess it's about they're similar since they are friends who are both new and play together. One more thing, both are using AT transmission, so I don't think the S15 miss-shift.

Could it be that S15 has a really slow startup for a 6 gears car? Quite strange since back in v2&3 S15 start up faster than GDB and Altezza.
Bruce
Posted: Sep 17 2007, 07:42 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Pen^2 @ Today at 8:59 AM)
Thx for the review Bruce, make me wanna FT my Vios, err, Altezza more and more ASAP smile.gif

Anyway today I watch a newbie battled, S15 vs GC8V on iro dhd. I was kinda shocked that S15 lost the start-up, it was even on the right lane and no ramming involved. The S15 tuning was 5 engine, 1 exhaust, and maybe 3 ECU, I don't remember about the suspension and body. Too bad I didn't have the chance to ask the GC8V tuning, but I guess it's about they're similar since they are friends who are both new and play together. One more thing, both are using AT transmission, so I don't think the S15 miss-shift.

Could it be that S15 has a really slow startup for a 6 gears car? Quite strange since back in v2&3 S15 start up faster than GDB and Altezza.

Manual shift should be more faster, btw many kids nowdays like to ram at the start, i just let them go anyway, i prefer the back. They even like to turn left and right, man!(kids!) did they know they actually losing speed?
Glocker
Posted: Sep 18 2007, 01:45 AM

IDW Expert Member

@Pen^2: No intake mods mean low acceleration. So if you wanna tune your engine, remember to tune it in step with your intake, otherwise you'll feel very little improvement.

Actually, Tsukuba is probably the best place for battles for every car, even against S2000s. Especially if you drive an Altezza. Even they pull away from you from the start due to the extra 1kph, the Altezza's acceleration is MORE than enough to make up for it once you've hit the long straights. Also, it's a big car, and it effortlessly muscles little coupes like S2000 off their lines. Think Tomo's nudge technique. Opponent blocking every step of the way? Tsukuba presents a huge ass ton of overtaking chances thanks to the extra space provided by the gutters, especially around the slight corners most people ignore or miss out. All you have to do is race Sudou Kyoichi style and overtake them when their speed is like 5-10kph below you.

Another racing strategy is to take the lead and start a huge lead outright. It's utterly demoralizing to lose sight of the opponent, and even if you make some mistakes later on, chances are it's already too late for them to recover. Remember, whoever hits the straights first usually can extend the lead, and having the Altezza as your car means you'll beat them on straights.
Bruce
Posted: Sep 18 2007, 06:04 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Glocker @ Today at 1:45 AM)
@Pen^2: No intake mods mean low acceleration. So if you wanna tune your engine, remember to tune it in step with your intake, otherwise you'll feel very little improvement.

Actually, Tsukuba is probably the best place for battles for every car, even against S2000s. Especially if you drive an Altezza. Even they pull away from you from the start due to the extra 1kph, the Altezza's acceleration is MORE than enough to make up for it once you've hit the long straights. Also, it's a big car, and it effortlessly muscles little coupes like S2000 off their lines. Think Tomo's nudge technique. Opponent blocking every step of the way? Tsukuba presents a huge ass ton of overtaking chances thanks to the extra space provided by the gutters, especially around the slight corners most people ignore or miss out. All you have to do is race Sudou Kyoichi style and overtake them when their speed is like 5-10kph below you.

Another racing strategy is to take the lead and start a huge lead outright. It's utterly demoralizing to lose sight of the opponent, and even if you make some mistakes later on, chances are it's already too late for them to recover. Remember, whoever hits the straights first usually can extend the lead, and having the Altezza as your car means you'll beat them on straights.

Y can't they let Altezza install turbo shifty2.gif
venth85
  Posted: Sep 18 2007, 06:25 AM

Hello again~~

Member No.: 21,309

QUOTE (Bruce @ Today at 6:04 AM)
Y can't they let Altezza install turbo shifty2.gif

coz in 4th stage Anime , the Altezza got no turbo installled laugh.gif
Pen^2
Posted: Sep 18 2007, 12:35 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (Glocker @ Today at 1:45 AM)

Another racing strategy is to take the lead and start a huge lead outright. It's utterly demoralizing to lose sight of the opponent, and even if you make some mistakes later on, chances are it's already too late for them to recover. Remember, whoever hits the straights first usually can extend the lead, and having the Altezza as your car  means you'll beat them on straights.

I used to believe that intake improves acceleration, until I saw my friend's 3-3-3-2-2 FD lost to a 7-0-0-0-3 Trueno at start-up, the 86 was even AT.

For the battle strategy, I think I choose the 2nd one since taking the lead and blocking was my style since v3. Thx 4 the detailed tips though, but for now I don't have enough confidence to battle until my Altezza is FT.

Edit:
Forgot to ask, Glocker, have u ever battled other 6 gears cars such as R34, GDBF, S15, etc? Did u still won the start-up?

This post has been edited by Pen^2 on Sep 18 2007, 01:24 PM
Alv
Posted: Sep 18 2007, 04:49 PM

IDW Prime Member

try not to battle until ur car is at least half tuned. its irresistible i know.. but just my 2 cents. lolz. and yes... 86 and fd have a pretty fast start up for a 5 gear car.
LLP
Posted: Sep 18 2007, 06:41 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 25,529

yeah right.....i see many ppl in sunway LOVES to ram me at start up..although i dont really like it.....especially at a nice narrow road called Irohazaka.....nvm...i just let them go and i overtake them when they are slow evilbrows.gif
Alv
Posted: Sep 18 2007, 06:50 PM

IDW Prime Member

i dunno about you guys, but as for me, ramming need skill as well, if u ram without brains u end up raping the wall yourself. even it's "ungentlemen" like u guys said so, but it's still a way or technique to use in battle. i did explain my point of view in m'sia idas4. it all depend on how u think of it.
xyeohts
Posted: Sep 18 2007, 07:16 PM

Inhale Exhale.. Fumes

Member No.: 25,770

hmm anyone got an FT Altezza who wanna give a review on it? appreciated if it happens...

how about a FT Roadster?
Bruce
Posted: Sep 18 2007, 08:05 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (xyeohts @ Today at 7:16 PM)
hmm anyone got an FT Altezza who wanna give a review on it? appreciated if it happens...

how about a FT Roadster?

My altezza is 4-4-4-3-3 now, still got half way to go rolleyes.gif .

LLP@yeah me too, even my Altezza have good start-up, i still let them go.
venth85
  Posted: Sep 18 2007, 10:21 PM

Hello again~~

It mentioned that AE86T is slow at startup, but from my previous battles using my FD, the AE86 always manage to get in front...can someone confirm this??
Pen^2
Posted: Sep 18 2007, 11:41 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

@xyeohts
I think glocker's Altezza is almost FT, and he did already give some comments on his ride.

@venth85
Yes, I've seen 86T beat EvoIX on the start-up at akina dhd before, I was like jawdropped back then. Then I thought it must be the tuning. But seeing 3-3-3-2-2 FD lost start up to 7-0-0-0-3 86T make me really confused.
venth85
  Posted: Sep 18 2007, 11:53 PM

Hello again~~

QUOTE (Pen^2 @ Today at 11:41 PM)

@venth85
Yes, I've seen 86T beat EvoIX on the start-up at akina dhd before, I was like jawdropped back then. Then I thought it must be the tuning. But seeing 3-3-3-2-2 FD lost start up to 7-0-0-0-3 86T make me really confused.

not only Akina, I mostly experienced that on Tsukuba Outbound
Glocker
Posted: Sep 19 2007, 12:02 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Pen^2 @ Yesterday at 12:35 PM)
I used to believe that intake improves acceleration, until I saw my friend's 3-3-3-2-2 FD lost to a 7-0-0-0-3 Trueno at start-up, the 86 was even AT.

For the battle strategy, I think I choose the 2nd one since taking the lead and blocking was my style since v3. Thx 4 the detailed tips though, but for now I don't have enough confidence to battle until my Altezza is FT.

Edit:
Forgot to ask, Glocker, have u ever battled other 6 gears cars such as R34, GDBF, S15, etc? Did u still won the start-up?

Having owned an FD before...and lost it ( crying2.gif ), it has pretty shitty startup. I can't believe its 2nd gear is so crap. Timing of the shifts is also really important. I can go a bit over the redline in 1st gear, and if I don't shift at the exact moment before it hits the rev-limiter I'd lose start-up. And no, I've yet to lose start-up to S2000s, Evo9s, S15s and GDBs. Haven't battled an R34 yet. The only one I lost start up to was an RX-8, but he had higher tunes than me at that time.

Don't worry about battling; an Altezza is a match for many cars out there, be they FTed or not. Today I battled a full-tuned Levin and FD; won twice, lost twice against the Levin and won twice against the FD. I matched them at start-up, so it was all about who's got the right lane (in the case of the Levin). However, my 'tezza isn't FTed yet, so there's more potential to be unlocked. Just 3 more steps of body and 4 of ECU to go! Btw, after adding that roll-cage, my speed increased to 147 in Tsukuba. Awesome!

@Bruce:

LOL I dreamt last night that the Altezza had Supercharger, Turbocharger and 2JZ engine mods. Do you play boost on most of the time?

?wha?
Posted: Sep 19 2007, 05:07 AM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

My experience with a FT FD....

Don't like it. doesn't drift like crazy like a MR. I guess its just me and how I drive.... like there's no tomorrow going sideways biggrin.gif

24 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »