Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - LET'S ROCK!!

7 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 98,934  ·  Replies: 156 
> [FANFIC] Hero of Midnight, a fanfic by me, chapter 17 is up! [04.08.-08]
Force Fed Mopar
Posted: Jan 14 2007, 01:36 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,033

Ahh, well I guess the Cappuccino was in 4th Stage - which I haven't seen yet sad.gif Haven't read the Wangan's either, so I'm really out of the loop. Anyway, good work so far, keep it up!
outlaw-2
Posted: Jan 20 2007, 08:16 PM

Always Lurking...

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,050

Lol, Fin, you can use my characters instead if you haven't seen wangan midnight. It should bring some life back to the highway racing. tongue.gif
FinToy-83
  Posted: Jan 21 2007, 03:40 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,568

Allright. I'll see what I come up. luckily I haven't started writing the wangan-part of the chapter yet happy.gif
HashiriyaR32
Posted: Feb 26 2007, 05:56 PM

Unlimited Request Works

Member No.: 18,031

ROFL, Clarksonism in Chapter 4 (KP60 on Wangan)!!

And w00t2.gif @ Katashi's AWD AW11.

This post has been edited by HashiriyaGC8 on Feb 26 2007, 06:17 PM
FinToy-83
  Posted: Feb 26 2007, 09:16 PM

IDW Banned Member

happy.gif I'm glad that someone noticed! quite a few people know about that very rare AW11. want to see pictures of it?

I'll finish chapter 8 soon. I've been in worklife practise for 2 months now, and it ends this week. then I'll have strenth and time to write properly again. smile.gif
HashiriyaR32
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 04:47 AM

Unlimited Request Works

I would love to see pics of the actual AWD AW11.
FinToy-83
  Posted: Feb 27 2007, 06:08 AM

IDW Banned Member

prepare your tissues.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

more info and pics HERE.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 08:43 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Aha! Which just happens to be...

user posted image

...right? happy.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Rudy
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 08:48 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 08:50 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Midnight Dorifuta @ Today at 11:48 AM)
JEEZUS. And I never knew about that one why!?

No idea, considering you're the first person to have seen the image I posted, back when I was showing you Sega GT 2002's cars... laugh.gif
Rudy
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 08:58 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
FinToy-83
  Posted: Feb 27 2007, 09:48 AM

IDW Banned Member

Nice to see that I could bring you something new. it's MR2 group S, but initially it was designed for Group B. then, both group got trashed and this beast never saw rally action.
HashiriyaR32
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 01:05 PM

Unlimited Request Works

Does the wangan KP60 use a 6-speed sequential transmission?
FinToy-83
  Posted: Feb 27 2007, 01:29 PM

IDW Banned Member

It uses 6-speed Getrac, similar to the ones in R34 and 3000GT/GTO. Gear ratios were altered to suit the new engines potential.

This post has been edited by FinToy-83 on Feb 27 2007, 01:30 PM
HashiriyaR32
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 01:51 PM

Unlimited Request Works

I didn't think a conventional h-pattern manual transmission would be suited for the engine.
FinToy-83
  Posted: Feb 27 2007, 01:55 PM

IDW Banned Member

well, remember what Ryuu said?

"...We have to see how the drivetrain can handle the stress.” there's a drivetrain upgrade coming later, and who knows, when that ordinary H-pattern box will surrender. after all, it wasn't designed to last the cars lifetime, like Bugattis 7-speed DSG-box.. whistling.gif
FinToy-83
  Posted: Mar 2 2007, 02:11 PM

IDW Banned Member

Chapter 8: 8000RPM Samurai's have returned!

Ryuu looked at the engine of his car. He had swapped the old supercharger to new screw-charger, that got it's power from electric motor instead of the actual engine of the car. Improvements had been easily felt through the rev range, now that superchargers pulley wasn't draining power from the engine. Ryuu smiled and shook his head. He could only wonder what Akira would come up next in order to pull more power out from the already powerful 20-valve engine. He still had some money left from his last victory, and he was wondering if there would be something else he could do to this beast of a car. “Hmh.. time to call Akira and his crazy old man.”

After the call Ryuu decided to go for a little trip to the mountain passes. He didn't go there so often at bright daylight, since there was more traffic. He drove slowly, paying attention to scenery and other road users. Occasionally, when he spotted empty road ahead, he floored it, grinning as he felt the instant surge of power that pressed his back to the seat. He cruised along the roads, just driving, letting the rhythm of the corners and hairpins become his rhythm.
He drove a while like this, before pulling over on a small resting site. He took a folded beach chair from the car, set it up and relaxed, watching how the clouds chased each others on the sky. He actually dozed off for a while, until he did wake up into a feeling that he was being watched.

He opened his eyes and noticed that someone had stopped his car next to his. He hadn't heard it's arrival. The driver of the car had got out, and was looking at his Starlet. He coughed politely, causing the young man straighten up. “Ahem.. do you like of the view?”

Driver of the another car stuttered apologizes. “Oh.. S-sorry about that. Are you possibly Ryuu Masaru, the owner and driver of this car?” He asked from Ryuu, who stretched and got up from the chair. “It depends of who's asking him.. Though, your car speaks for you. You're Takumi Fujiwara from Project.D, are you not?” Ryuu said, nodding towards the famous panda Trueno. Takumi nodded silently. He was slowly getting used to the fact that he was well known around the neighboring regions.

“Ok.. So, how come you're here? Aren't you guys still searching challenges among the Purple Shadows?” Takumi looked puzzled, then shook his head. “No, according to Ryosuke we've beaten all teams in that area. We're scouting this area now. Last night, strange old man in powerful, black MR2 came in and offered us advices how to compete against you, after beating Keisuke in uphill with ease.”
Ryuu covered his shock. Katashi had visited the Project-D and given them advices how to beat him? “I see.. I think I know that old man.. Wasn't he bit egoistic, annoying know-it-all-type?” Takumi nodded, smiling a bit. The guy had been quite much like his old man. “That's the guy. You know him?” Ryuu sighed. “Well, he has helped me a lot while I was building this car.” Ryuu said, walking to his car and opened the hood. “Does it look familiar, Fujiwara?”

Takumi walked to Ryuu, looking at the engine bay. “Oh..? It's quite much similar to mine, yet so different.” Takumi pointed at the super- and turbochargers, and both manifolds. Ryuu knew that Takumi had high-revving engine, and that combined with light AE86 chassis was quite intimidating combination. “You know, you're going to race me sooner or later. I know that you guys are incredible, and now that Katashi has been talking to you, it's going to be a really tight for both of us. Though, I'm not concerned of Keisuke's FD, but you.. You will be the tougher one.
So.. I ask you this one thing: When the time comes, go all out against me. I don't care about winning or losing.” Takumi nodded. “I will do that anyways. Only one person has beaten me this far, and that's how it'll stay if it's up to me.” Ryuu lifted his eyebrow. “You were beaten once? By whom?” Takumi looked away, muttering. “Some shitty old man in Impreza.. But, I have to go now. Ryosuke-san is waiting be back.” Takumi said, walking into his car and driving away. Ryuu looked after him. “Huh..Did I hit a nerve or something?” Ryuu wondered as the Trueno vanished from his sight. He closed the hood, sighing.

He stayed there for a while, wondering about this weird meeting with Takumi. He folded the seat, putting it into the car, before starting the engine and leaving the resting site at high speed. He was confused, and he didn't like it. He managed to scare more than few other drivers as he headed back to home.
His phone rang just as he was eating. It was Akane.

“Hi there, Ryuu-kun. I just wanted to tell you that my sisters cars have been repaired finally. We've already challenged Cheetah Brothers and the race is early tonight. Can you come up there and cheer to me?” Ryuu mumbled something, his mouth still full of food. He heard Akane giggling at him as he swallowed and took a sip, before giving a clear answer. They chatted about this and that, before Akane let him finish his meal.
After washing the dishes, he walked out. For a while he watched at the drifting clouds, before walking into his garage, that now had two almost identical KP60 Starlets. He walked to the red one, opening the door and squirming into the tight bucket seat, strapping himself into it. Then he turned the ignition on, adjusting the ECU to low boost. After that he started the engine, and drove out from the garage, and straight on the road, tires chirping as he floored the throttle, heading to the Hideaki's. He wanted to know what Katashi had been thinking.

Katashi was sitting on a bench outside his house, reading a magazine as Ryuu arrived. He glanced up, blowing smoke from his nose as he saw Ryuu's expression. Ryuu got out from his car, walking straight at Katashi. Just as Ryuu was going to explode right on the face of the old man, Katashi just looked at him steadily. Ryuu opened his mouth, stuttered and shut it. He tried again.. and again, before sighing and sitting down and looking at Katashi apologetically. “I guess you had your reasons.. if you care to tell me what they are, I'll try to understand.” Katashi smirked, blowing a smoke ring into his face and finishing the article he was reading.
“Indeed, I do have my reasons. You, kid, are too good. You've achieved amazing victories against cars that have more power, better aerodynamics and drivers that have been racing on those passes for most of their lives. You've gained too many easy victories in a short period of time, and it has made you cocky. And that is the most difficult opponent to beat. You have three more teams to defeat, and then you're the local Touge-king, until someone faster comes up.” Ryuu shook his head, sighing. He felt that Katashi was right.

“Some of the races have been easy lately..” Ryuu admitted. “Either the top teams have felt their position so secure that they didn't expect someone to challenge them and.. or then I'm just surpassing their skills.. or cars. The last one was more difficult due the moist weather. But why did you talk to Takahashi Brothers?” Ryuu asked, looking at the retired professional, who kept blowing rings of smoke.
“Because when you reach the top spot, Project.D will challenge you anyways. I gave them enough knowledge to make the race interesting, no more, no less..
They know the power figures, and I also hinted about the weight. That Ryosuke-guy looked clever, so I'm pretty certain he'll come up with something smart to make you sweat. Win or lose, that matters not.. but what you learn from either situation might solve some problems in your future quite nicely, young man. After all, this brings you closer to your dream.”

Ryuu nodded. “Err.. Oh, yeah, I had something else to tell as well. The new screw charger system works without a flaw. Just minor adjustments were needed to remove the on/off style behavior.. Ah, right.. Where's Akira? Last time I talked him he was mumbling something about walking in the city searching of something to work on.”
Katashi grinned. “You've been a bad example to him.. or should I say good? He's going through second hand car shops. He's planning to build himself a car.” Ryuu snorted. “So that's what he's up to.. I wonder what kind of car he's going to buy?”
Katashi shrugged. “He was talking something about a sleepers and wagons. I guess he's going to find a some old van for mobile loveshack... well, at least I'd get one for that reason only.” old man said with straight face.

Ryuu laughed. “I'm sorry, but I can tell that he hasn't inherited your pervy mind.. and if he has, he's hiding it well.. oh?” Ryuu looked over his shoulder as he heard slightly familiar engine sound. It was definitely a stock engine, and the car.. “ Isn't that Akira.. driving that.. no way.. isn't that TE51 Corolla Levin from late 70's?” Ryuu asked as Katashi jumped up, tossing the magazine away. “God damn it son, I knew you wouldn't buy a pussywagon!” Old man ran to the car, opening the door and pulling his embarrassed son into a hug. “Agh! Dad! Not in the public place!”
Ryuu walked to the old classic. He looked it's round shapes and smooth paint. “It must have cost a lot.. it's in perfect condition.” Akira had managed to struggle out from his father bearhug, and Katashi used the chance immediately, sitting on the drivers seat. “ Ahh.. this brings back memories.. You know, I actually made your mom pregnant in a car like this, son.”
Ryuu laughed at his friends face, that was almost as blazing red as the cars paint.

They left Akira's father in the car. “Man, I never thought that you liked classics. I thought you'd get an MX-5 instead. What are you going to do to it?” Ryuu bombed his friend with questions.
“Well, I was considering a Capuchino with some wild engine, like R26B.. but I realised that I couldn't drive such monster.. so I bought this instead. It has 2T-G twincam with dual carbs, and factory rated it at 124bhp, which is just the same as 4A-GE's output. I guess I'll go for normally aspirated setup first. But suspension will be modernized as soon as possible. That body roll almost made me sick.”
Akira nodded. “That's a wise way to start. I'm sure your father will teach you some neat tricks so the ricers won't be in your face.” Akira grinned at that remark. “Seriously speaking.. I heard that The Three Katana's are back, faster than ever.

Ryuu nodded. “I know, Akane called me up there to watch the race. And I'll probably search for the third team. This time I'll challenge them. And your dad mixed the deck totally last night. He gave some vital knowledge about my car to Project.D's Ryosuke Takahashi. And today, I met Fujiwara in a resting site, and he told me about your dad's visit into their practice. Somehow he seemed to be slightly nervous about your dad.”
Akira grunted. “He has a damn good reason to be nervous. Dad went there with THE Car. Even I am afraid of that black beast.”
“He drove all the way there with Kuro-Ken? He's crazier than I thought. Did he..?” Akira nodded before Ryuu finished his question. So, Katashi had raced last night, and obviously he had won.

“What about Kohaku? Has he heard anything about third team? I could have some use for any information you or him can get. Though, I have a hunch that they or he/she might have rather special ride.” Akira nodded. Top notch drivers usually had something rather unorthodox machines at their disposal.
“I'll ask him if he can find out something about the top three.” Ryuu nodded, then remembered to ask: “Oh, by the way, Akane's racing with her sisters tonight against Cheetah Brothers. Wanna come and watch it with me? And later I'm going to Wangan again, just to see if there's something interesting..” Akira hesitated. “Well, I'd rather check the engine and take a long test run, just to see if there's possible weak spots..”
“Oh come on.. Your old man can do it. It might have stains on the backseat when he returns it to you, but..” Ryuu smirked as Katashi yelled “I heard that, smart-ass!” from the car. Akira laughed. “You're probably correct about the stains.. but yes, he can do it. After I've done it.” Ryuu sighed and shrugged. “Whatever makes you tick, buddy. You got my number if you change your mind.”
Akira nodded and walked to his car, sitting on the passenger seat. He hardly had closed the door as Katashi already floored the throttle and lifted the clutch. Tires squealed just a bit as old classic dashed away. Ryuu chuckled and walked to his own car, strapping himself into the bucket seat. For a moment he considered using full boost mode, but then his common sense kicked in, and he drove away, heading to Akane's apartment.

~15 minutes later~

Ryuu parked his car behind 3 familiar Hondas. He got out of his car, looking at the S2000's, that had been out of the game for a while due their crash some weeks ago. They had received new aero parts and carbonfibre hardtops. Ryuu also spotted few subtle badges from Amuse, and suddenly it struck him. These two S2K's looked exactly like Amuse S2000 GT1's. Ryuu wondered, if there was as much punch under the bonnet as in the original monster of a car.

He hardly had reached the door as Akane and her sisters had surrounded him and pulled him in, giggling and babbling excitedly into each others mouths. Ryuu had to raise his voice to get the girls calm. For a while they talked about cars. Hotaru and Emi told that their cars were look-wise and suspension wise as close to the original Amuse GT1 as they could, but their engine specifications hadn't changed much. “Mostly because we didn't have afford. If you hadn't beaten us when you did and if we wouldn't had crashed, we both would have near 500 bhp under bonnet..”
Ryuu could only shrug at that. “well, I did spend the money well. I have two cars now, the blue one that you saw earlier, and now that red one, which is my weapon for Wangan.” Emi and Hotaru looked at him. “Are you serious? You took that shoppingbag to Wangan?” Ryuu looked at Akane, who just smirked. “Sisters, you're speaking of a shoppingbag that did reach over 230mph top speed on it's first run ever.” Emi and Hotaru stared at her, then at Ryuu who just scratched his head, looking bit embarrassed. “Well.. that is true.. it has over 920 bhp at maximum boost. It's aerodynamics need some work, nose started to lift at 250mph..”

Emi and Hotary mock-pouted. “That's unfair.. we were so happy of our repaired cars and now you just tell us that you have trouble at supercar speeds! You really know how to ruin a girl racers day.” Ryuu chuckled, then took a sip from his lemonade, and almost chocked when Akane told her sisters about their night together. He knew that he was in a deep trouble when he saw the menacing grins on Akane's sisters faces.
“Four times, and that's when he was drunk? My my, I wonder what he can do when he's sober..” Hotaru whispered loudly to Emi. Ryuu's face was burning from sheer embarrasment. Akane told her sisters to quit teasing his boyfriend, which made them giggle. Ryuu sighed. He was sure that they would deliver many low blows at him when Akane wouldn't be nearby.

Hours flew by as they talked, and finally they decided that they'd better get going. Emi, and Hotaru had literally been sitting on the edge of their seats already, and they were already in their cars when Ryuu and Akane got out from the door. They shared a small kiss, before Ryuu let her to sit into her NSX's bucket seat.
“Drive carefully.” Ryuu said, getting a sigh and playful roll of eyes from her. “I'll call to Akira and ask if he has changed his mind. You three go ahead, I'll meet you at the pylon.” Akane nodded, closing the door, and then, Three Katanas left him in a cloud of tyre smoke.
“Show-offs..” He sighed and dialed his friends number.

Akira didn't answer. After three attempts, Ryuu gave up and got into his car, heading to the pylon. He still had difficulties to remember that this cars idle was around 2k rpms. “Geez.. this car just doesn't have any 'economical' tendencies..” Ryuu grunted as he nearly had stalled the Starlet in the lights. Some idiot in a Lexus laughed at him, and as a result, red Starlet blasted past him, accompanied by the scream of JGTC-spec rotary engine. Yuppie in the Lexus didn't laugh anymore. “F-fast.. Starlet..”

In the meanwhile, Daichi was driving to WTCR-magazines office. He had agreed of meeting with Kohaku, who had acquired some new info about the top three. Of course, that task had originally been Akira's task, but he had simply dropped it to Kohaku, just like big brothers tend to do from time to time.
Kohaku was at the door with a bunch of papers as Daichi drove on the parking lot. “Yo! Long time no see, Koku,” Daichi greeted the young reporter, who nodded. “I found some stuff about the top three. It's more than few months old, but it's better than nothing. Come in, I have more stuff on my desk.

Kohaku went thru the papers on his desk, digging up some pictures about few cars, that were associated with the top three. “Whoa.. Talk about exotic machinery.. is that a Lotus?” Daichi asked, andd Koku nodded. “We're quite sure that it's first gen Exige, better known as Lotus Motorsport Elise. That's number one's car. This is number two's ride.“
Daichi frowned, thinking that the picture had failed slightly. “Is that Capucchino?” Kohaku shook his head. “No, it's Vitara X90. AWD model with 1.6l 16valve engine. Quite similar to Ryuu's KP60 in terms of power and handling. It looks weird because of the high roof and short rear-end, but believe me, you don't want to race it on downhill.”
Daichi rolled his eyes, and snorted as he saw the third picture. “You must be kidding.. out of all cars, number three of this area drives AMC Pacer?” Kohaku laughed. “Look closer.. it's Gremlin X, big bad brother of Pacer. The word is that it has highly tuned, normally aspirated Toyota V8 under the bonnet.” Daichi shook his head. “These guys are crazy.. I can understand the Lotus, which is perfect car for Touge, but these two others.. AWD Kei-class car and V8-powered American shitbox?”

“That's exactly what other teams said some months ago.” Kohaku's boss said from the door. “No-one thought that these guys with their weird, foreign machinery could be threat on Touge, but they learned the lesson quite quickly. These three have clearly different strong points. Lotus is fastest in the corners, outhandling anything that locals were throwing at it. X90 out-accelerated them at the exit of the corners, and Gremlin shred them into pieces on straights.”

Daichi frowned. “They've been unbeaten this far? Damn.. Ryuu's going at them next. This will be interesting. What about the boss of the Wangan?” Kohaku picked up new pictures. “You're looking at Mercedes Benz CE600'93.. or that's what it used to be. Now it's more like aerodynamic dragster, pushing out over 1500bhp and delivers them to all four wheels. “

Daichi whistled. “Woah, that's pretty impressive. I bet his tyres don't last longer than one run but it also seems that he has afford to do it. But I heard that he's not the fastest or most powerful out there.” Kohaku looked at him. “Damn.. Ryuu's going to need third car at this rate if he wants to have even slightest chance of winning on Wangan.”

In the next chapter Akane and her sisters will go head on with Cheetah Brothers! Which team will win, Rotary Revolutionists or V-Tec warriors?

This post has been edited by FinToy-83 on Mar 2 2007, 11:10 PM
Meteor
Posted: Mar 2 2007, 07:46 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Yet another great chapter.
Force Fed Mopar
Posted: Mar 8 2007, 05:15 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,033

Ditto^^ You're pretty good at writing this stuff, keeps me wanting to hear more. +1 for the Gremlin X smile.gif I'd have liked it better if it had a new Hemi, but Toyota V8 is a cool twist from the ordinary.

Keep it up!
FinToy-83
  Posted: Mar 9 2007, 08:32 AM

IDW Banned Member

Thanks! I used Toyota V8 because I think it's easier to get in Japan than any american Hemi-V8. besides, I think it's just an adaptation of certain Mustang.. shifty2.gif though, I still consider that thing as an abomination, rape and blasphemy. dry.gif
Sanae
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 12:32 PM

IDW Okamisan

Member No.: 19,388

What to say other than I love this story the more I keep on reading it? Can't wait to read the next chapter (also because I want to see the girls in action again!)

Great work, now though, I better get back to writing the next chapter of my own story, or else...wink2.gif

Take care,

Sanae.
FinToy-83
  Posted: Mar 9 2007, 12:48 PM

IDW Banned Member

Thank you, Sanae. your stories have been the moving force behing my little fic, so you should thank yourself, not me happy.gif
FinToy-83
  Posted: Mar 27 2007, 11:57 AM

IDW Banned Member

TEASER TIME!!

the actual chapter will be released next weekend.

Akane had let her sisters to pass herself, giving them a chance to execute the tactic she had created. As soon as straight opened in front of them, She barked an order, and both S2000's formed a line, taking the left side of the road. Nori instinctively took that side as well, and on that instant, Hotaru's S2000 passed Emi's car and managed to push it's nose next to Nori's RX-7. Hotaru grinned triumphantly at Nori, who was astonished. “Where did she come from?! I could had sworn that she was behind me!”, Nori thought.
“Well done, Hotaru! Now, your turn, Emi!” Youngest of the triplet made room for Akane's NSX, which glued it's nose to Nori's rear bumper. Emi dropped behind the NSX, ready for quick attack as soon as the next straight would open up. At the vacuum of JGTC-kitted car she could easily keep up with the faster cars, and then sling her car past their opponents. “Piece of cake, sisters. Let's aim for 1-X-3-X-5 situation. That should guarantee victory for us!”

This post has been edited by FinToy-83 on Mar 27 2007, 11:59 AM
Sanae
Posted: Mar 27 2007, 01:03 PM

IDW Okamisan

Member No.: 19,388

ARRGHH!!! You evil, evil man! crying2.gif

Now I'll have to be on the edge of my seat till the weekend! If I die of inanition it'll be your fault... tongue.gif

FinToy-83
  Posted: Mar 27 2007, 01:30 PM

IDW Banned Member

shifty2.gif now now, who has been doing nothing else but cliffhangers lately, hmm? payback is sweet, isn't it.. wink2.gif

7 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »