Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Victoria - Stay

19 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 101,691  ·  Replies: 459 
> [FANFIC] Battle of the Masterminds
thx712517
  Posted: Mar 30 2008, 05:31 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,877

Ryosuke was beginning to get goosebumps. He had only been in the presence of someone who so effortlessly made him feel inferior like this once before in his life, and that was the ailing legend that lay in the hospital, Fujiwara Bunta. Ryosuke was taken aback by the overall demeanor of Kichirou, and realized that he couldn’t stop watching him. Once Kichirou reached the front door and placed a hand on the door knob he turned back and made eye contact with him, giving a slight grin, as though he could hear Ryosuke’s internal dilemna being spoken out loud. Ryosuke took a slight step backward as he began to feel the immense aura that radiated so vibrantly from Kichirou, the intensity of it burning him from the inside out. Ryosuke finally turned away from the awe-inspiring driver and clumsily entered his white FC and tried to crank it, but it wouldn't start on the first few tries, and he felt the blood rushing to his cheeks in embarrassment. He had parked next to Kichirou’s own gleaming red metallic FC, the old car sporting paint from the newer FE3S. It was almost as if car and driver alike were both afraid and understood the magnitude of their next opponent. Ryosuke felt so many emotions all he could do was sloppily engage reverse and clumsily shift gears with his trembling hand, forcing his shaking legs to work the pedals.

“I can’t do this,” Ryosuke thought hopelessly as he drove towards his home that now seemed a lot further away than usual. Kichirou finally entered the tofu shop after watching the effect he had on his challenger. He kicked his shoes off at the door and proceeded into the living room of the shop, where his wife was sitting at the table taking a lunch break.
“Was that him?” she asked. She didn’t even have to see what was going on to know what had transpired or what the situation was. After being in love with Kichirou for so long, they had a connection on a different level that normal people could not even begin to comprehend. Stronger than Kichirou's bond with his car.

“Yeah that was him.”
“Is he what you thought he would be?”
“Everything. He wants us to compete in a series of races, to see if he truly belongs on my team or not. If I win he’ll race for me,” Kichirou said, taking a sip from her cup.
“You know, normally I’d say that wouldn’t be too hard for you, but I know this guy is special. But I know you’ll do your best…you always do,” she said, smiling warmly up at him from her lunch.

Kichirou stood there for a moment, taking in the beauty of the woman he so dearly loved and cherished. She had light fair skin, and long straight red hair that beautifully fell about her shoulders. She had a graceful figure. To Kichirou she was his angel and she very closely resembled one as he stared into her deep blue eyes. She was his inspiration, and the entire purpose to his life. Without her he meant nothing. Racing was where he belonged and what he was good at, but that would mean nothing without her by his side. That was why he had to quit and he knew it. Their first child was due in eight months and he could no longer afford to be as careless as he had been in the past, risking his life to run a faster time. He had a family that needed him now, and he wasn’t going to let them down or worry them with his antics. He had served more than enough track time and had left many records shattered, enough to know that his name would not be forgotten for a very long time. He was ready to retire now, and return to what truly meant the most to him. And to do that, all he had to do was defeat Takahashi Ryosuke. The only one truly capable of being a worthy successor to the legacy he had worked so hard to build, save for the son of Fujiwara Bunta.

He walked around beside her and sat down close to her for a brief second before laying flat on his back with his head in his hands staring up at the ceiling fan as it whirled round and round. It reminded him of a rotary engine in a small way, the continuous revolutions that were sheer perfection every time.
“Are you sure you’re okay with working here babe?” Kichirou asked from behind her as he laid there still watching the fan.
“Of course, don’t forget that I’m a friend of Bunta’s too.”

Kichirou smiled at the thought of his past, how simple everything was, when they were both so young and they had their entire lives ahead of them, but now Bunta’s was on the brink of being snatched away from him. It was that thought that made Kichirou even more determined to hold on to what meant the most to him. He looked down from the fan to his wife who was just finishing wiping the corners of her mouth with a napkin. He just to loved to look at her and take in her effortless beauty. She turned her head to look down at Kichirou who was grinning ear to ear without even realizing he was.

“I love you Sora,” was all he could manage to say. Sora smiled a big grin and laid down beside him, with her leg over one of his and her head and arm on his chest.
“I love you too” she said once she was good and comfortable.
“You know, I think Bunta would enjoy seeing you again. We should go see him tomorrow and close early. I think Takumi is missing him too,” Kichirou suggested.
“That would be great. I haven’t seen Bunta in ages. I hate that it has to be on such bad terms…”

“I think you would brighten his day up. You certainly brighten mine.” Kichirou said. Sora then sat up and gave Kichirou a deep kiss before finally settling back down to a well needed rest. After a short nap, Kichirou found himself in a mild argument with the Fujiwara prodigy.

“I don't want to go,” Takumi said, unable to lift his eyes from the floor. Kichirou sighed, shaking his head. He put a comforting hand on the young man's shoulder and bent down to make eye contact.
“My father died when I was your age. He died of a drawn-out disease, wasting away. I remember him being this strong man who could lift me off the ground and throw me over his shoulder like it was nothing. The last time I saw him he was a crippled, wrinkled-up frail old man that I could have tucked under my arm without any effort. What I miss most is the fact that I didn't spend as much time with him as I could have. I'm not saying your father is dying, Takumi, but I am saying he's very sick and he probably won't be the same ever again. You're old enough to know this, old enough to understand. If you want to stay here that's fine, I'm not going to push you. When it was me, all I wanted to do was run away. But think of what it would mean to him for you to come visit.”

“So you came?” Bunta said, opening his eyes slowly to look at his son. Takumi nodded, unable to speak.
“Good. Now get out of here and go do something worth doing. Go charge the battery on the Impreza, or the Trueno. Kichirou told me you aren't driving it at all. Why?”
“Too tired, I can't keep it on the road,” Takumi said slowly, afraid to meet his father's eyes as he laid there in the hospital bed, shorn of his hair and a sickly pale color.
“Go home, get some rest, and take Kichirou for a drive in the AE86,” Bunta ordered, closing his eyes and breathing with some effort. Tatsuya placed his hand on Takumi's shoulder and propelled him from the room and into Sora's arms where he began to cry. Kichirou walked into the room and spent some time in quiet conversation, and when Takumi's eyes had dried, Sora changed places with Kichirou. Takumi heard his father laughing in the other room and wondered what had made him do so, but Kichirou took his arm and led him down the hall.

“I'm going to be riding as passenger on your delivery run tomorrow morning,” he said. “Your dad wants me to. Did he tell you why?” he asked. Takumi shook his head.
“He's probably up to his old tricks. He's a wily fox, your father. Did he tell you about how he brought that AE86 home from the dealership and beat the pants off of a heavily-modified 911? The ink was still drying on the contract.” Takumi chuckled.
“That sounds like him. He didn't tell me though. Do you have other stories about him? He doesn't really like talking about his past,” Takumi admitted, looking back at the closed door of the room where Sora and Bunta's laughter intermingled.
“I'll tell you some more once you show me that insane drift of yours,” Kichirou said, returning to the room. Takumi wandered around the hospital for a while, hands in pockets as he shuffled about. He accidentally bumped into an older man in a white coat, who dropped his clipboard on the floor. Takumi bent down and picked it up, and realized with shock he knew the man.

“God Hand!”
“Dr. Toshiya when I'm in here,” he replied, taking the clipboard and smiling. “What brings you here, young Fujiwara? Tonsils? Moping?”
“Lung cancer,” Takumi replied, and Toshiya's smile slipped away.
“So that Fujiwara is related to you. I was hoping it wasn't, which is why I haven't visited him yet. I'm sorry to hear that, Takumi. I'm busy right now, but let me know the next time you're coming by and we'll have a talk. I'm eager to see if you've tried my one-handed steer yet,” Joushima said before disappearing around the corner.
“What kind of hospital is this?” Takumi asked, wondering out loud. “God Hand, Blackbird, and my shitty old man in the thick of it. I'd almost expect to meet Ryosuke here,” he said, turning around to head back to his father's room and walking square into Intern Takahashi.

“I was surprised to find your father in my ward,” Ryosuke said, leading them back to the proper door. He glanced in, unsurprised to see Kichirou talking to Bunta, before focusing on Takumi once more.
“I'm doing what I can to help him. Just do what he says and don't argue,” Ryosuke commented cryptically before disappearing almost into thin air.
“Gee, I'd almost expect a billion yen to fall into my hands,” Takumi said hopefully, looking around from left to right, before sighing and walking into his father's room, much happier than he had been before.
“Perfect timing, Takumi,” Bunta said. “Kichirou told me about your friend's challenge. I want you to keep me up to date. You can keep using the Impreza if you're feeling tired. Once you're ready, drive the Trueno.”
“I will,” Takumi said, bowing his head to his father and leaving the room with Kichirou and Sora. As they headed back to the tofu shop in the Impreza, the only car the three of them could fit into, Kichirou cleared his throat and looked at Takumi.

“I was telling Sora about the pretty view from Mt. Akina. Would you mind taking us up there for a few moments?” he asked. Takumi saw the gleam in Kichirou's eyes and understood what was wanted from him. He glanced in the rearview mirror at Sora though, and wondered whether a pregnant woman, even just one month pregnant, should be thrown about.
“Just drop me off at the shop, I can't leave Natsuki all by herself,” Sora said, catching Kichirou's eyes. With the Impreza lightened by one body, Takumi shifted into first, blipped the throttle twice, and took off toward Mt. Akina, Kichirou in the passenger seat, ready to observe.
red comet 7
Posted: Mar 30 2008, 05:36 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 24,875

Ok yall ready for an update? Heh heh heh...
DK_2
Posted: Mar 30 2008, 05:54 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 25,400

ahahaha. nice one. haven't seen Takumi so emotional... AHA. Everyone is at that hospital! AHA. MOAR perhaps? Great update! happy.gif
thx712517
  Posted: Mar 30 2008, 06:05 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

I defeated the Pontiac Solstice GXP by 6.314 seconds. How's that for a hell of a good job? We'll see how he does next time, in his proper class.
DK_2
Posted: Mar 30 2008, 06:08 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

HAHA. I'd say he got pwn3d? Knowing he had a 120HP advantage?
RickyDGreat
Posted: Mar 30 2008, 06:49 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 4,705

This is great keep up the good work fear2.gif
red comet 7
Posted: Mar 30 2008, 07:53 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 24,875

sometimes too much power can bite you in the ass! wink2.gif
xmark
Posted: Mar 30 2008, 08:18 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 18,639

Nice update... Those are great doctors and racers in one hospital... Wangan and Touge alike...

Balance is the key, sometimes you need to lower the power to gain more speed... Its nice to hear that you beat a much more power car THX...

Meteor
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 12:25 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Another excellent update!

What a coincidence. Tatsuya, Joshima and Ryousuke. All in the same hospital.

I defeated the Pontiac Solstice GXP by 6.314 seconds. How's that for a hell of a good job? We'll see how he does next time, in his proper class.

Nicely done my friend. Nicely done. smile.gif
sometimes too much power can bite you in the ass! wink2.gif

I get the feeling that this wasn't simply a matter of not having a balanced car. 5+ seconds sounds like a gap too big for something like that. I think it was just a person of lesser skills losing to a person of greater skills.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Mar 31 2008, 12:27 AM
VTiRoj
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 02:08 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Member No.: 15,576

If I'm ever sick, I am going to that hospital. laugh.gif

One handed stitching perhaps? laugh.gif

Pretty emotional chapter, although its nice to see Bunta can still talk. Sora seems pretty nice. whistling.gif
thx712517
  Posted: Mar 31 2008, 03:52 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (VTiRoj @ Today at 2:08 AM)
If I'm ever sick, I am going to that hospital. laugh.gif

One handed stitching perhaps? laugh.gif

That is the greatest line EVER.
VTiRoj
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 04:18 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

QUOTE (thx712517 @ Today at 11:52 AM)
That is the greatest line EVER.

Haha! Why thank you thx. grin2.gif
RickyDGreat
Posted: Apr 2 2008, 07:00 AM

IDW Expert Member

any updates? oh wow new 20 character limit fear2.gif
DK_2
  Posted: Apr 6 2008, 08:13 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

wth.
no updates in the past week? T_T
Pikachu_Fragger
Posted: Apr 6 2008, 11:38 PM

Cock Blockula

Member No.: 27,803

QUOTE (DK_2 @ Today at 8:13 PM)
wth.
no updates in the past week? T_T

It was probably finals week or something. I'm sure we'll get an update soon.

... we WILL get an update soon, right guys?

... Guys? blink.gif
thx712517
  Posted: Apr 7 2008, 04:55 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (Pikachu_Fragger @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM)
It was probably finals week or something. I'm sure we'll get an update soon.

We have a winner. I'm this close to getting A's in ALL my classes, I know you guys will understand.
RickyDGreat
Posted: Apr 7 2008, 07:19 AM

IDW Expert Member

Make all A's and then give us a A++ follow up fear2.gif
Meteor
Posted: Apr 7 2008, 08:04 AM

Best of luck with your grades. smile.gif
thx712517
  Posted: Apr 8 2008, 01:41 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Just a little bit to tide you over.

Ryosuke yawned loudly, stretching his arms and legs almost to the breaking point as he squirmed around in his bed, thrashing under the covers until eventually he sat up, rubbing his sleepy eyes, forcing himself to wake up. He remained there in the bed for a while, yawning pleasurably and blinking his eyes, until finally he swung his legs over the side of the bed, wrapped the blanket around his shoulders, and thrust his feet into a pair of slippers. Still yawning he stumbled downstairs, trekking across the halls to the kitchen, where he opened the fridge and stared blankly at the contents inside. When his mind finally registered what was available, he grumbled at his parents and their new obsession with Western cooking.

Taking out a pair of eggs, a few slices of bacon, and a strange piece of bread called a bagel, he began to cook his breakfast. The first step was to toast the bagel, and while that was working he took down the flattened wok his parents called a frying pan and set it to the stovetop's flame. He couldn't understand the obsession his parents had developed with Western food, or why they would stock the fridge to reflect that, but he was hungry and food was all that mattered. After tossing a small pat of butter into the pan and letting it melt and coat the metal, he cracked the two eggs into the pan and whisked them around with some milk. Treading back to the fridge he pulled out a block of cheese and he got a grater from the drawer, and in a few seconds he had grated the fresh cheese into the pan. An onion was soon diced up and added, along with a few other vegetables, and as a final touch, he sliced up a piece of ham into small cubes and threw that in as well, topping the whole thing with cheese again and some black pepper. He let it bubble and chuckle to itself on the stove while he took the bagel out of the toaster and gave it a light coating of cream cheese. To complete the Western-style breakfast he retrieved some orange juice from the fridge, poured himself a glass, and then set his place at the counter, pulling up one of the stools to do so.

As he munched his omelet and bagel, taking occasional drinks from the cup of orange juice at his hand, Ryosuke looked over the paper, but soon picked up a specialty magazine about the RX-7. It had been some time since he had last truly worked on the Mazda, and some new parts had hit the market as the FC3S had grown in popularity, no doubt helped by his very own car sitting outside. Indeed, there was a reprint of the article that had made him and Keisuke famous, and he read the familiar words with pride as he chewed his breakfast.

After cleaning up the kitchen and cleaning up himself, Ryosuke went downstairs again in the early morning fog, feeling refreshed at the cool misty touch on his skin, and got into the FC. He started the car up and let it idle until it was warn, then he pulled out of the driveway and headed off to get some gas. Today was the first day of races, and it would be important to be at his best.
“This is going to be a good day.”

This post has been edited by thx712517 on Apr 8 2008, 02:06 PM
VTiRoj
Posted: Apr 8 2008, 04:07 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

and a strange piece of bread called a bagel

laugh.gif

Seems Ryousuke won his battle with morning tiredness. laugh.gif

Looking forward to more tasty chapters! laugh.gif
thx712517
  Posted: Apr 8 2008, 08:29 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important battle of the day. It looks like I'm going to make a B in one of my classes, so that takes some of the pressure off. I should have an update by tomorrow evening for the first battle between Kichirou and Ryosuke, possibly in the same place where Takumi and the Roadster battled it out. Oh, I think I'm set up on XBox Live now, and my gamertag is THX71257.
Meteor
Posted: Apr 8 2008, 09:26 AM

It's not the main course, but a little appetizer beforehand doesn't hurt laugh.gif

Restaurant D anyone?

BTW
He couldn't understand the obsession his parents had developed with Western food, or why the would stock the fridge to reflect that

Forgot the "y".

This post has been edited by Meteor on Apr 8 2008, 09:29 AM
thx712517
  Posted: Apr 8 2008, 02:06 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Posted: Today at 1:41 AM

Does that give me a little slack?
Hannah
Posted: Apr 8 2008, 02:38 PM

Remember Me
Group Icon

Group: PONY FANATIC
Member No.: 8,296

QUOTE (RickyDGreat @ Apr 2 2008, 10:00 AM)
any updates? [FORBIDDEN WORDS!]

You better come up with something to say and edit it in quick, man. There's a stick-ass, trigger-happy, Nazi-like moderator who I shall not name that abso-f**king-lutely loves to whip out warnings for that dumb shit like he's passing out radio station T-shirts at a Saturday night event at the local drag strip. -cough- >.>

That said, this fic is pretty amazing, as I believe I've previously stated. I do wonder what you two think of mine, though. tongue.gif

edit: God damn it, Paula, log yourself out when you use my computer! This is Dori talking on my own behalf.

This post has been edited by Paula-tan on Apr 8 2008, 02:48 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Meteor
Posted: Apr 8 2008, 05:42 PM

Does that give me a little slack?

I apologise if what I said came out wrong. I was just pointing out a small mistake.

19 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 »