Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Phil - Crazy & Ready

Important Guidelines
Please READ this topic before starting a topic for your team in this sub-sections. When you do start the topic, make sure you are the founder / leader or just someone people can contact about joining your team. And please remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

(The information you submit here will appear in the link below)
h t t p : / / i n i t i a l d - a r c a d e . c o m / t e a m s . p h p

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 9,454  ·  Replies: 52 
> TEAM: DK REVOLUTION, www.freewebs.com/dkr3volution
CLL_DK:01
    Posted: Feb 20 2007, 08:10 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,312

MALL:HOLYOKE MALL

I started this team once I had started to get bored of the game itself. There are only 2 members at the time but I have many new members that are to join soon in the arcade. Somehow starting this clan led me to find out how much more there still was to Initial D. Like TST, Eraser,5 in-4 out. It happened when I challenged my friend's RX-7 with my AE86 Trueno(my main card: Battle Lvl:11, Racer lvl:13). We were on Akina and something strange happened. When I was taking a right Hairpin it was as if the car locked itself into a right turn, and it drifted through it so naturally and fast> never again was I able to do that. Until I researched what happened, and Found out that I somehow managed to Eraser without even realizing it. So now I have been tring to better myself at these advanced techniques. My best time on AKINA DH is "3;05;089" with my Trueno.

The Members..so far

CLL** Trueno GT-APEX
Battle Lvl: 14
Racer Lvl: 12 or 14

A.K.A

DK:01 Mazda RX-7 (KT's RX-7)
Battle lvl: 5
Racer lvl:5

RICHY Trueno GT-APEX
Battle Lvl:12
Racer Lvl:12

DK:03 Nissan 180 sx
Battle lvl:???
Racer lvl:???
[COLOR=green]

SHNBI/ACE Mazda RX-7 [FD3S]
Battle Lvl: 11
Racer Lvl: ??

DK:04

( I noe we sound noobish, but I'm not BSing you guys. It would be great to have new members to the clan. Plus you have my word that I do not suck at ID..many of the racer (players) that I have beaten have great respect for me. And you have to admit that "3;05;089" on AKINA DH DRY is respectable for someone who is only 15 and did not use any advanced techniques whatsoever(except for feint).)

If you are interested in joining this team please let me know. Thanks for your time

This post has been edited by CLL_DK:01 on Mar 11 2007, 01:56 PM
shiube
Posted: Feb 20 2007, 03:15 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 21,976

truly its not that great especially if its a trueno. i cant say much im 16 i drive a trueno and get a 3'11, but i dont practice that course but when i start 2 i can easily beat that time, but a trueno is supposed to get a 2'56, and it seems like i strayed away WELCOME TO ID WORLD
    Posted: Feb 20 2007, 04:19 PM

IDW Expert Member

thanks for the reply, but actually the best time for a Trueno on AKINA DH DRY is "2;54;697" by CKF (although CKF uses the TST and Eraser techniques, and that makes a huge difference). i'm not saying that i'm "all that" but I do believe I'm pretty good at the game. and trust me i'm well aware that there are better trueno drivers than me out out there that could easily beat "3;06;186", but there are also 3x the amount of people who can easily beat my time, that struggle or cant even come close to "3;06;186". And thats the truth, and also the positive way to look at it. Dont worry i'm not new to "INITIAL D WORLD" i've been playing since ver.2..but i recently discovered these ADVANCED techniques. And thats what i've been trying to focus on lately....

so once again anyone in the MA, or even NEW ENGLAND AREA (NY, MA,NH,CT...) who is interested in joining please let me know.
TruenoDriver99
Posted: Feb 20 2007, 06:28 PM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 19,641

I want to join this team cuz i can go to CT and try to beat some of them players down there and maybe take some records hopefully or place. Heres a suggestion i think you should make any car acceptional bcuz i bet mose of these players have an FD like me and dont want to buy another of the same car.

This post has been edited by TruenoDriver99 on Feb 20 2007, 06:40 PM
    Posted: Feb 21 2007, 06:27 AM

IDW Expert Member

well..TruenoDriver..the whole unique thing about DK REVOLUTION is that its a RX-7 tean only..but maybe since it's local..i can make execeptions? yea...screw what i said b4 about the RX-7s being the only car allowed in the other thread (of course ur card name would still have to be DK:03). but yea, since it's a local team...any is allowed from now on.ok?oh yea..and what place in CT do u go to that has initial D? i've been to the west farms mall in CT, but i think that they dont even have an arcade there dry.gif .
TruenoDriver99
Posted: Feb 21 2007, 08:45 AM

IDW Prime Member

The place i go to is called DANBURY MALL in DANBURY. I go there like every summer cuz my cuzin lives near there. They have people that go shifter crazy. I wouldnt be suprised if most of the machinese are broken.
  Posted: Feb 21 2007, 08:47 AM

IDW Expert Member

shifter crazy..lol...Danbury Mall..ok
SXE10
Posted: Feb 21 2007, 09:40 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 8,263

They have people that go shifter crazy.

I can attest to Rich's claim. The machines at Danbury Fair Mall were recently repaired, but the left side shifter has a tendency to double shift on you. I despise those kids who shift so rough! mad.gif I always tell them that they don't need to eraser so hard. But do they listen?? No...
Excel
Posted: Feb 21 2007, 02:26 PM

Snake is Sony's lone hero

Member No.: 4,625

Holyoke, eh? I haven't been there in quite some time, how are the wheels there? Anyways, look on youtube for a video by bokudarisen, he does 57'8 with an 86 with only fienting(no 5 in 4 out, eraser, or TST). Even without feinting, you should try and aim for 3'01 or 3'02ish. Maybe you could ask Ken(the asst. manager, I think) for advice, he used to be the best in the area at that game back in the day.

Unless they reset the times, I think I have a few records there(card name is usually EXCEL). Maybe you'll see me there sometime, but I seldomly play anymore - the gas pedal died on the good machine at my home arcade and I'm usually too lazy to take the bus to Holyoke).

This post has been edited by Excel on Feb 21 2007, 02:28 PM
TruenoDriver99
Posted: Feb 21 2007, 05:55 PM

IDW Prime Member

Hey excel ya ur still like # for sumtin. I forgot its either akina dh on one machine or Akina snow Dh. I thot it was u every time i go lol. Ya ken is still there. He dont play anymore just works there. I know him. Hes pretty cool. Everything down here is in good shape. One of the wheels the middle part is loose but dont worry about it flying off when ur driving. Hope you come down here one day and give me some tips. and Cll u should make me DK:03. I also think you should put the type of car under each name.
Excel
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 12:16 AM

I'm tellin ya man, just tell Ken you're friends with me and he'll give you some tips. Trust me.
Tomo
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 12:54 AM

Retired old man

Member No.: 9,983

or tell me a few days in advance and I'll see if I'll make the trip out to good old holyoke mall with the lady so she can shop somewhere new and I can play somewheres else ^^
    Posted: Feb 22 2007, 06:08 AM

IDW Expert Member

grin2.gif well excel, i believe i have raced u before.....a while bak ago, but i rember u. yes, u do have a few records i believe. i have also seen the bokudarisen video where he does 2'57'XXX on AKINA. i believe he does feint,(In the title of the vid, it says he uses 5in4out, and no eraser or TST) because otherwise it is highly difficult to cut the corners faster than 32KM at without feint or 5i4o. So i guess what i mainly have to focus on is fainting, because i've pretty much learned 5in4out and it improved my old time (3'06'789) by about roughly a second (new time: 3'06'189) . so yea..i'm pretty sure when i get feinting i'll be able to cut the corner sharper and at higher speeds...but my main concern are the 5 consecs. I believe after the 5 consecs the best time gains 4 secs on me. every other checkpt b4 the 5 consecs, i'm only millisecs behind the best time...So i have to work on getting faster at the 5 consecs, cause i can only hit them at like 112-121MAX. bokudarisen hit them from like 125-132KM...but he gutters the car really good. oh yea and excel, i'll probably go to the Holyoke Mall on like Fri or Sunday..i'll let u neo later on today or tommorow....trueno driver, u already are DK:03 and i will list what cars we have once i make the site.

This post has been edited by CLL_DK:01 on Feb 22 2007, 06:10 AM
TruenoDriver99
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 08:53 AM

IDW Prime Member

Ok just wanted to make sure. Tomo where do u play currently? Ken is stil good. Ill ask him for some tips eventually when i go.
Tomo
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 10:48 AM

Retired old man

Member No.: 9,983

i play in albany NY, but holyoke is less than 2 hours away.
Excel
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 11:43 AM

You should definately learn feinting... Of all the techniques, feinting will cut the most time off. Although you should also note there is no replacement for the basics, you can 'learn' all the techniques you want but if you don't know the basics it won't do anything for ya.

I think you should try to get 3'03 or 3'04 before learning how to feint.

Don't hold your breath waiting for me... I rarely play anymore... Theres a very slim chance I might go on Sunday if you go - always up for meeting new people - but even then... I guess it depends on the bus schedules and what not.
    Posted: Feb 22 2007, 03:24 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Excel @ Today at 11:43 AM)
You should definately learn feinting... Of all the techniques, feinting will cut the most time off. Although you should also note there is no replacement for the basics, you can 'learn' all the techniques you want but if you don't know the basics it won't do anything for ya.

I think you should try to get 3'03 or 3'04 before learning how to feint.

Don't hold your breath waiting for me... I rarely play anymore... Theres a very slim chance I might go on Sunday if you go - always up for meeting new people - but even then... I guess it depends on the bus schedules and what not.

well i went to the arcade today and I went from 9th place on TA, to 8th place, then to 4th place all in one day (today)..i believe my old time was 3'06'18X (from yesterday), now today i went from that to 3'05'105(but i used feint drift today)..not bad huh...i've managed to get through AKINA with about only 2 minor wall contacts.. and 91% accel. like i said before my main weak spot are the 5 consecs..but i have improved, now the best time only gets 2 secs on me there, instead of 4. I guess i just need to get faster there and use the gutter better (i'd say that now i take the 5 consecs at about 116-121km MAX. so i am improvin, so thats good.. i'm sure i'll be able to beat 3'02'XXX by the summertime (hopefully even get 3'00'XXX flat. but yes, i guess for now i'll aim for 3'03'XXX-3'04'XXX for now wit jus the basics...but sometimes i cant help but use feint on most corners...but is it really necessary or do u guys think i can get 3'03'XXX-3'04'XXX w/o it.??anyway i guess i take a run down AKINA w/o feint and see how i do now since i have gotten better wit the basics.thanks for the help grin2.gif
TruenoDriver99
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 05:08 PM

IDW Prime Member

Man CLL pwned me today on Akina with his 86 trueno and mine. Like 4 times in a row. I only get a 3'08 sad.gif
Excel
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 05:15 PM

You can get a 2'59 without feinting if you really practice.

I did 2'59'2(with feint) at my home arcade about 2 years ago using some random guys 86(he was on vacation in the area) in about 10 tries.

This post has been edited by Excel on Feb 22 2007, 05:17 PM
TruenoDriver99
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 06:04 PM

IDW Prime Member

Well it also depends on the skill level of the driver. Say you got 2'59 in 10 tries but u have obviously done feinting before those 10 tries so u know how to do it properly. I as a noob dont even know how to feint so i can barely get a 3'08 most of the time. I sometimes oversteer or understeer. I know i have to get the basics down but i think i have gotten it down pretty good.
Excel
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 07:46 PM

You will get it in time, just gotta practice. Anyone can be good in ID as long as they practice.
    Posted: Feb 25 2007, 07:14 AM

IDW Expert Member

well guys..i went to the danbury mall, and i got to play intial D yesterday...well, first off like one of u had said the shifter on the left machine has a tendency to double shift on you, the right side machine has an unalligned steering wheel.but get this i somehow got a slighty better time over there..with the unalligned steering wheel on Akina DH DRY TA..i think i got like 3'05"0XX..but yea,,,,a time like that got me third place on TA down there...on the ledt machine i got second place...with a time of 3'09'XXX..yea i noe thats a horrible time, but it looks like i did better than the locals did wit a broken shifter..lol,,, and Excel..i have a few questions to ask u about akina TA..i just need to noe, what is a good speed to take the 5 consecs at. What is a good speed to take the hairpin wit the gutter that comes up right before the 3rd chkpt...and how fast should i take the very last curve wit the gutter before the end of the course...i believe i take the 5 consecs at like 117-121km max wit some gutter, the take that hairpin wit the gutter before the chkpt at about 132-135km MAX, and the very last curve..if i sucessfully gutter i can take at about 162km...so any advice. Yes, i have watched Christina AKINA DH DRY vid on youtube, there are some spots where i am remarkably faster than her, but then she is faster then me i some normal hairpins and in the 5 consecs...also in the hairpin before the chkpt.., advice..please grin2.gif
Excel
Posted: Feb 25 2007, 10:08 AM

Do you know what your check point times are? Those would be helpful to know, then I can tell where you are messin up on. You're consec. hairpins sound good enough...
CoastalmixX
Posted: Feb 25 2007, 10:18 AM

The Solution

Member No.: 2,428

So... what does DK stand for?
SXE10
Posted: Feb 25 2007, 12:05 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 8,263

Hey CLL_DK:01, give a holler the next time you plan on coming down to Danbury. Always looking forward to meeting new players. happy.gif Yeah, all the records are gone since the machines were reseted recently.

This post has been edited by SXE10 on Feb 25 2007, 12:11 PM

3 Pages  1 2 3