Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Megamix

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

32 Pages  « 29 30 31 32  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 179,738  ·  Replies: 776 
> Show off your Gundam Picture here!, u can share your gundam modeling photo with us here ^^
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 12:00 PM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

QUOTE (OkamiWind @ Today, 1:47 AM)
Been a while...but nevertheless I finally got another project, this time though...it's an RG.

Spoiled skeleton due to size. (I know I messed up some cutting...hope they aren't too bad...)

SPOILER

Anyone care to guess which RG this is? Why an RG though? Cause I'm training for the RG Wing Zero EW that's why, wanna perfect that beast.

WHY ISN'T IT OUT YET?!

I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark and say that it is Aile Strike Gundam because it looks like it I guess... If it isn't then it might be something from Seed? Then again I should be totally wrong. Also I seriously suggest going back and cleaning up some of those nubs. The outer armor is a really tight fit on it and those nubs are going to get in the way and make a couple of the parts stick out in ugly directions

Now its my turn to photo dump. I finished Shining Gundam and had the chance to play around with some poses. I found that my waist polycap is loose or something because he always seems to want to pop off. The panels on the legs are finicky and there is almost no movement in the head which bums me out. The Shining Finger effect part also doesn't fit properly on the Shining Finger hand which sucks. I love the design, the inclusion of the Shining Sword part is great! It even says G Gundam on the hilt which is a level of detail that I didn't think I'd see on an HG. It was kinda hard to get him into good looking poses. So if I had to recommend this kit to anyone I'd tell them to only get it if they really loved the series and the design. Since I have the 4 G Gundam HGs they'll all be on the same shelf when I finally get them into a permanent display case.

I had to put a ton of work into detailing the pieces and I have some work in progress shots so here I go! This gunpla of mine glows with an awesome power; its burning passion tells me to post-a-ton-of-pictures-on this-thread! SHINING FINGER!

On second thought this is a lot of pictures. I'll spoil them so they don't break the thread from the sheer epicness.

SPOILER

So let me ask you guys for your personal opinion, which one is better in Hyper Mode? Shining or God Gundam? I personally prefer God, but that's because I'm attracted to the backpack design and the halo that I hand made myself.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 760 x 570. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image
OkamiWind
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 01:30 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

Well you're on the right track Honda, it is a Seed gundam but not Strike.

If I maybe so willingly to ask, where exactly do I need to clean up the snubs? Wanna make sure.
Yosuke
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 03:51 PM

Manly News Host

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,046

Shining has the better hypermode by far, as it actually changes into something distinct. I prefer its design more since it actually looks like the "stereotype" it was trying to evoke: a Samurai. Even the head in Super Mode is fashioned after an actually "style" most helmets had for the era.

Then God goes back to looking far more standard Gundam and the Hyper Mode is just the wings opening up.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1000 x 1333. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

but yeah, it will always be my favorite
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 08:26 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (OkamiWind @ 6 hours, 55 minutes ago)
Well you're on the right track Honda, it is a Seed gundam but not Strike.

If I maybe so willingly to ask, where exactly do I need to clean up the snubs? Wanna make sure.

If I were you, I'd clean all the nubs everywhere on the inner frame. But most ideally you'd want to get the legs and the arms. I remember that the armor parts fit very snugly over the frame. If you can't get everything to snap in perfectly then it'll be loose an if it is loose then you'll have a bad time.
OkamiWind
Posted: Dec 22 2014, 09:56 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

The world is worth protecting!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3744 x 2106. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Well...this was a hard one. About 4-5 hours work and this is without the stickers...oh well, at least I can do RGs fairly well I think.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Dec 24 2014, 12:17 PM

Patient Zero

Freedom was my next guess! It looks great! I love the detail on the wings and everything! I can't wait to see the finished product. Remember to be patient when doing the decals. I know I got hasty on a couple parts of my Perfect Strike and now they don't really stick anymore. Also use tweezers because they are super duper small! I remember having to use a needle to apply some of the stickers that needed to go in the small cracks. Ugh, that sucked...

You know... We should have a friendly competition to see who can build RG Wing Zero EW better. I think it'll be fun! Anyway I want to see what your vision of the suit is. tongue.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 31 2014, 11:19 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

While I wasn't able to finish my Powered GM project due to the weather turning shitty the instant I was ready to go for it, I figured I should at least finish my other GM project before the year ended (especially seeing as it's the #1 contributor to mess around my work area, thus making working on my computer difficult). So even though I'm partway through another project, as of 11PM on New Years Eve I've completed something! Yes! So let's begin with the usual, the parts involved!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

There's a lot of grey in this kit. In case you couldn't tell from all the grey, this is the EzSR from Build Fighters Try. Why? Because it's basically Armored Core, that's why. And that's awesome. So we begin with the parts you don't have to repeat several times...

user posted image
Beginning with the torso. Basically just the Ez8, right down to the little anti-personnel machinegun in the chest. Very basic stuff. I think it was only three pieces, jeez.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 395. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Then the waist and hip joints, just to pass the time. See, I was really dreading what came after this because it's my least favorite part about building grunts. Arms and legs are repetetive and annoying to do, and this kit was no exception. It sat like this on my work area for weeks until today when I finally decided to get off my ass and finish it. And finish I did...

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Though it wasn't without trouble. See, this kit is one of those times Bandai cheaps out and does very little new engineering on their Build Fighters kits. It has some incredibly poor engineering that makes it an exercise in frustration to build (fuck you arm covers that don't even peg in properly, fuck you PC11, fuck you ankle covers, etc). It's clear that this is an older kit with some random parts tossed on top.

user posted image
This is what you get after following the initial directions. After this it tells you how to build one of the three suits from the show, but fuck that! What if I wanna do my own thing? What if I just want a beam rifle, some wrist-mounted beam sabers and giant weapons strapped to my back, huh!? WELL I'LL TELL YOU WHAT, I'LL JUST DO IT MY WAY!

user posted image
And personally, I like my way better.

See you in 2015, everybody! cool.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Posted: Jan 25 2015, 03:17 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

I finally gave myself some time to paint the final pieces of my slightly customised nebula Blitz gundam (stock colors). theres maybe 2-5 pieces I need to paint but its done for the most part and need anything above the waist to be assembled. I just hope I have the drive to assemble it within the next 48hrs.

This post has been edited by 207 on Jan 25 2015, 03:18 PM
Posted: Jul 1 2015, 12:55 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

is it common for the painted 144 Quanta full saber base piece to be extremely loose?
im using humbrol paint. when painted, the piece where the 2 side gn blades fit into the part holding the handle leave the 2 give me a huge gap when i assemble the stowed unit. when i remove the gn blades and fit the handle to the rest of the swird i have no gap.

when i add 1 side blade it unseats 1 joint and it gets worse with the second one. i can shake of the handle part of the handle unit if i remove both blades as the 2 joints to lock the handle to sword are 90% pushed out. i have a 2mm gap when both blades are assembled to the entire piece. i thinned out the paint layer on any connecting piece but no luck, the blue grey handles are loose enough that no paint from the handle piece press against them.

all thats holding the full saber kit fully assembled is the fact the outer angled pieces and pegs on the 2 side beam blades.

i got a pic of it to post though ill do so a bit later

that aside, i finished my build of the 1/100 librarian Blitz Gundam with the original black/red scheme, my 144 Arios Gundam and the 1.5 Gundam. i currently have the arm and head to do on my 144 Quanta kit. i do have 144 Portent, 144 green Bawoo, 144 Deathscythe left to start on to finish my backlog.

This post has been edited by 207 on Jul 1 2015, 01:00 PM

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
OkamiWind
Posted: Aug 6 2015, 10:57 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

I will, never kill anyone ever again. I...I don't have to anymore.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3744 x 2106. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This one was done much faster than Freedom...I'd say around 3 and a half hours? It was quicker...but dear goodness do I hate the head stickers...lost most of them...and I haven't done any stickers yet...

Also, if anyone puts g.o.d. in the box (without periods of course)...why does it turn to Rory Mercury?
SgtXDNX
Posted: Aug 7 2015, 01:36 AM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

Dumb filter bollocks, I'd wager.

This post has been edited by SgtXDNX on Aug 7 2015, 01:36 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Aug 7 2015, 09:10 PM

Patient Zero

You traitor! When did you get the RG and why didn't you tell me? I haven't even started on mine yet... laugh.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
OkamiWind
Posted: Aug 7 2015, 11:19 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Got it Wednesday and stuff...yeah...why I didn't tell you? Uh...I dunno.
Posted: Aug 12 2015, 05:53 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

i completed my Portent Gundam a while ago and recently purchased a 144 strike Noir Gundam. i'll likely start on my 144 Bawoo first though.

i did some small color customization to my Portent Gundam but i didnt goo too crazy on it.

This post has been edited by 207 on Aug 13 2015, 08:15 PM

Attached Image
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Aug 12 2015, 10:11 PM

Patient Zero

So Okami, what are your thoughts on the RG Wing? The colors, the build, the wings? I've heard its frustrating because everything is so hard for the model to hold.

Nice paint job 207! I'm not a huge fan of the suit but you made it look good.

OkamiWind
Posted: Aug 13 2015, 03:31 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ Yesterday, 10:11 PM)
So Okami, what are your thoughts on the RG Wing? The colors,  the build, the wings? I've heard its frustrating because everything is so hard for the model to hold.

It was a very nice build and I quite enjoyed this one. The color are a bit subdued than the MG Wing that I have but I do like the darker colors on this one. Overall build...rather easy, I managed to get everything together with minimal effort...with the exception of the stickers...those are a pain, again lost most of the head stickers. I like the wings, they are a bit stiff but it makes for unique customizations for poses.

Everything is so hard for the model to hold? I had no such problems on my end, everything fits rather snugly and nothing is threatening to fall out. Perhaps I have a good one?

Still...now I wanna paint them...I think i'm falling into a slippery slope...

This post has been edited by OkamiWind on Aug 13 2015, 03:32 PM
Posted: Aug 13 2015, 08:05 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ Today, 1:11 AM)
So Okami, what are your thoughts on the RG Wing? The colors,  the build, the wings? I've heard its frustrating because everything is so hard for the model to hold.

Nice paint job 207! I'm not a huge fan of the suit but you made it look good.

thanks THE_HONDA_CG2, i found the plain white fins to be a bit lacking as far as disproportionate colors go. to tell the truth im not too fond of the the overall design but i like her twist on a green gundam. its a design that does grow on me. im tempted to get the Portent flyer for the angel wings but i cant hand paint a color fade on them if i dreamed about it.

too bad i cant match 100% the runners colors. couldn't get a sufficient blue bias on the base green color but i did my best. i like to paint the GM drives if possible, had to put a white enamel and then a pit of clear green Tamiya.

i find it a good kit overall but the leg pegs are very loose. put some clear paint on them to take some slack but its still a bit loose to pivot them.

im dreading my green Bawoo, so many green parts (thruster areas) to base white so i can add yellow, red or black. i have yet to plan out all the parts i need to paint. do the 144 OVA Deathscythe hel and Stirike Noir need much painting?

lol i think the minions have invaded the forums, i put the "hel_l" for the Deathscythe and it says வாழை IE வாழை

This post has been edited by 207 on Aug 13 2015, 08:19 PM

Attached Image
Posted: Apr 19 2016, 08:27 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

these are 2 of my old 1/100 Blitz Gundam kits that i built atleast a year ago. for some reason i didnt take a picture of the 2 for a side by side comparison long ago but i just took one today. the Amatsu frame has a few red highlights on it. the other 1/100 Blitz Gundam is actually a Nebula Blitz model as you can see from the pic but with a few color alterations. im rather proud of my black Nebula Blitz model even if it took months to do with a healthy amount of painting and procrastination. the back back color mods started with the Amatsu frame and i just added a few more when i got around to Nebula Blitz.

i do hate those backpacks to an extent. they are very heavy, take up alot of space and prone to falling onto their backs if i dont lean the model forward. i actually made that short beam dagger out of some red??? florescent plastic guide bars/marker posts you find installed on big truck/vehicles. at the time i was working on such vehicles and there were a few broken pieces. the beam insert pegs came to a close match that so i could make a beam dagger. its a bit crude but it works smile.gif. i havent gotten round to making the 2 long beam sabers but im not sure if i'll get around to it eventually.

This post has been edited by 207 on Apr 19 2016, 08:37 AM

Attached Image
Metamorphic
Posted: May 1 2016, 06:28 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 4,338

My work in progress, battle damaged Wing Zero

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3024 x 4032. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I wanted to recreate the battered look. biggrin.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jul 1 2016, 08:18 PM

Patient Zero

Just wanted to say that this is a very beautiful Wing! Is it the Master Grade or 1/100? I need to practice my battle damage technique. I was wondering how you go about it and what do you use?

I've been pretty slow on the gunpla thing for a while. I recently got back into it because I'm on vacation now. This is what I just finished/currently working on. I got a NXEdgeStyle 00 Raiser and was really excited to have it in hand. Out of the box though it looked likeone giant turd! All the details are molded in, but there are no paint apps and the color is gross to begin with. So I repainted it. By hand. And I'm happy with how it looks. smile.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1440 x 1440. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

And in celebration of America Day coming up. I am finally getting around to doing a custom paint job that I have always wanted to do.

user posted image
OkamiWind
Posted: Jul 4 2016, 06:37 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Anyone who sees me has a date with his maker.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 4032 x 3024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

So being away from building for a while I decided to get this HG Deathscythe to dust off some of the cobwebs of my skills. Overall I think I did ok, as you can clearly see, I messed up the eyes for this model. Looks like my head sticker skills have deteriorated...
Metamorphic
Posted: Jul 5 2016, 04:30 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 4,338

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ Jul 2 2016, 02:18 PM)
Just wanted to say that this is a very beautiful Wing!

Sorry bro been busy ok to answer your question its a RG. smile.gif

Battle damage theres many different ways from real physical damage where you heat nails and needles to create scaring, purely cosmetic methods using brushwork or what I do a blend of both.

What I do is when I airbrush each piece i apply three layers. Undercoat,silver, colour. I then use sand paper to scrape away at the layers. For light scrstches i just scratch enough to expose the silver, for char marks I scratch deeper and fill in the scruffed surface with ink and for gouges I heat a nail and swipe across the plastic.For finer nicks as mentioned use a needle.

THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jul 5 2016, 11:03 AM

Patient Zero

That's brilliant! I love how it turns out. Don't all the paint layers make it hard for the pieces to fit together though?

I've heard that gouging the plastic first then dry brushing in silver and going over it in lining pens is also a way. I've never been brave enough to try on any of my kits.

umustwait101
Posted: Aug 11 2019, 11:49 PM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

Look what Nomake did to me.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

shifty2.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 13 2019, 04:43 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Oh wow, you really ran the gamut on kits. Nice! cool.gif I need to get back to building mine too...
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project

32 Pages  « 29 30 31 32