Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Symbol - Forever Love Me

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,390  ·  Replies: 24 
> Steins;Gate, SCIENCE
kyonpalm
  Posted: Aug 24 2011, 10:59 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

WHY IS THERE NO STEINS;GATE THREAD? I AM DISAPPOINT, IDW.

user posted image

QUOTE (Wikipedia)
The story of Steins;Gate takes place in Akihabara and is about a group of friends who have customized their microwave into a device that can send text messages to the past. As they perform different experiments, an organization named SERN who has been doing their own research on time travel tracks them down and now the characters have to find a way to avoid being captured by them. Steins;Gate has been praised for its intertwining storyline and the voice actors have been commended for their portrayal of the characters. A manga adaptation of the story illustrated by Sarachi Yomi began serialization in Media Factory's Monthly Comic Alive magazine on September 26, 2009. A second manga series illustrated by Kenji Mizuta began serialization in Mag Garden's Monthly Comic Blade on December 28, 2009. An anime adaptation began airing on April 6, 2011. A sequel game titled Steins;Gate Hiyoku Renri no Darling was released on June 16, 2011. A second sequel game titled "Steins;Gate 8bit" is set to be released on November 28th, 2011

This is one of the best series I've ever seen, and the story has me really hooked. Is anyone else here following the show? Subs come out every Tuesday, and I watch it the night it comes out.

As for discussion of the latest episode (21):
SPOILER
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Aug 29 2011, 04:58 AM

whut?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 6,453

I was planning on making this thread along with a couple of others when the season started but just went "fuk it, not like anyone's gonna care anyway" lol. And this is why we can't have nice things here anymore tongue.gif

Seriously though, Steins;Gate is pretty damn godlike. People who like sci-fi, mystery type thrillers should definitely check this out.
A lot of people were touting this as being the best show of the season before it even aired. I was a little reluctant in believing it at first, but decided to check it out as it was airing anyway. Halfway through and i finally understood why people were making such statements. Now as it's approaching the finale, all i ask for is just for a solid no nonsense bullshit ending to wrap up a mighty damn good show.
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 1 2011, 08:42 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

So how has the series been so far? I watched an episode when it first started... has it gotten good?
Saint
Posted: Sep 1 2011, 09:06 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

I've been wondering if it's worth the watch as well, and just finished episode 1.

I'll follow this up to episode 5, no matter how bad/good it'll turn out (for me) before deciding to stick to it. Episode 1's okay, just that I kinda hate it when they jumble up the scenes here and there nonsensically (at least in that episode) to make it 'intellectual'. But I do like the idea of time travelling and I suppose such style is normal in that genre.
PandaApex
Posted: Sep 1 2011, 05:33 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,092

I can't wait for the translation project on the VN to be done. Also, most recent episode was a tear jerker. Liked how the ending phased out to drop a bombshell about the current timeline Okabe is in.
kyonpalm
  Posted: Sep 1 2011, 10:01 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (PandaApex @ 4 hours, 28 minutes ago)
I can't wait for the translation project on the VN to be done. Also, most recent episode was a tear jerker. Liked how the ending phased out to drop a bombshell about the current timeline Okabe is in.

Yeah, I liked that too. Definitely one of those "stick around after the credits" things.
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Sep 2 2011, 12:30 AM

whut?

^ I admit i cracked a smile when the ending credits started getting a little "unusual" wink2.gif

But for those on the fence, Steins;Gate doesn't really kick into gear until about 12 or 14 episodes into it. Doesn't mean that the earlier episodes aren't worth watching though since it's all character building up until that one point and it's not like the characters are boring either. Hell the main character, Mad Scientist Hououin Kyouma is blast to watch on his own biggrin.gif
kyonpalm
  Posted: Sep 3 2011, 02:49 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ Yesterday, 3:30 AM)
Steins;Gate doesn't really kick into gear until about 12 or 14 episodes into it.

Woah woah woah what? Just the opposite for me! There were so many interesting developments in the story, it kept me glued to the screen... that is, until
SPOILER
PandaApex
Posted: Sep 6 2011, 12:43 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,092

Episode 23:

Hey tweaked Opening! Aha! Oo snaps! -insert more random comments here-

Can't wait until Episode 24, with the dramatic ending to the series.

El, Psy, Congroo.
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Sep 7 2011, 02:47 AM

whut?

@ KyonPalm, well i mentioned that because eps 12 is when one of the major development occurs and the show starts to head in a slightly different direction than the previous episodes. A slight case of the old bait and switch technique if you get what i mean, as in the real meat of the show really begins from eps 12 onwards and that if you've liked what you saw for 11 eps, then here's a real treat for staying this long.
With that said though, it's not like I'm trying to say that the first 11 eps were weak by any means. Steins;Gate is a pretty damn good show all around throughout all of its entire episode and anyone even remotely interesting should definitely start watching it for sure.

--------------------------------------

Also, on eps 23
SPOILER

El, Psy, Congroo indeed w00t2.gif

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Sep 7 2011, 02:52 AM
kyonpalm
  Posted: Sep 19 2011, 11:36 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

user posted image

Hm... this isn't right, either... but... this place seems eerily familiar. HEY MISTER!
Yes?
Who are you?
I am Mad Scientist! It's so cool!
Son of a b*tch... he looks like me... We'd better get out of here soon.

Quickly - I'm sure it will work this time!
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 12:36 AM

whut?

Shit son, talk about breaking the 4th wall lol tongue.gif

So for those that have seen Chaos;head and this, should i got watch Chaos;Head now? Apparently Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head are meant to be related somehow?

Anyway there's a Steins;Gate movie in the pipeline so gonna be looking forward to that in the meanwhile!
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 01:32 AM

Point Guard

Member No.: 33,736

I watched the first two episodes when they first came out, kinda liked it but then I got busy. Now I'm searching for some series to watch, so I think I'm going to follow this up. A lot to catch up though tongue.gif Usually I'm not a fan of 20++ episode animes, unless if they're outstanding in a way like ID First stage. smile.gif
Saint
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 01:41 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ 1 hour, 5 minutes ago)
Shit son, talk about breaking the 4th wall lol tongue.gif

So for those that have seen Chaos;head and this, should i got watch Chaos;Head now? Apparently Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head are meant to be related somehow?

Anyway there's a Steins;Gate movie in the pipeline so gonna be looking forward to that in the meanwhile!

I hated Chaos;Head. Lol.

Their stories are not related, though.
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Oct 10 2011, 04:01 AM

whut?

^ That's good to know. Saves me the trouble of watching it then haha laugh.gif

QUOTE (kou yuuzhen @ Sep 22 2011, 08:32 PM)
I watched the first two episodes when they first came out, kinda liked it but then I got busy. Now I'm searching for some series to watch, so I think I'm going to follow this up. A lot to catch up though tongue.gif Usually I'm not a fan of 20++ episode animes, unless if they're outstanding in a way like ID First stage.  smile.gif

Oh Steins;Gate is definitely worth watching. I'd gladly put an open recommendation for Steins;Gate any day of the week happy.gif

Also havn't seen this mentioned in the thread yet, but they're also making a Steins;Gate movies that's in the works right now. smile.gif
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/20...-film-green-lit
A little bit of an old news yea i know, but it wasn't mentioned yet so i thought I'd bring it up lol
Kiroshino
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 04:41 PM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 34,203

Spent the whole day marathoning this... regrettably, though not because the series wasn't good, but because I have four days worth of homework that I needed to do but didn't because Hououin Kyouma seduced me. >.<

Yeah, I wasn't really hooked until about halfway through. Before that point, I felt that the characters were too static and predictable. Fortunately, the latter half proved me wrong on nearly all accounts, and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Probably one of the best endings I've ever seen. Got a little repetitive at some parts, but overall, definitely worth watching. 8/10.

Since it wasn't mentioned, Robotics;Notes is getting an anime adaptation later this year. Same branch that made the Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate visual novels.

Oh, and I'll be attending Anime Boston later this week. Get to see concerts from Haruko Momoi and Kanako Ito, both whom worked on Steins;Gate.

This post has been edited by Kiroshino on Apr 1 2012, 04:44 PM
kyonpalm
  Posted: Apr 1 2012, 05:10 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kiroshino @ 29 minutes, 11 seconds ago)
Oh, and I'll be attending Anime Boston later this week. Get to see concerts from Haruko Momoi and Kanako Ito, both whom worked on Steins;Gate.

You lucky guy!
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 05:13 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 2 minutes, 11 seconds ago)
You lucky guy!

Halko Momoi performed at AX one year but I skipped out on it in favor of sleeping in. What a mistake that was...

Still waiting on the first Guest of Honor confirmations to come rolling in...
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Kiroshino
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 05:21 PM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

The line will inevitably be long and probably start very early, considering Steins;Gate is relatively popular and the concerts are scheduled back-to-back in the same room. Not looking forward to waiting all day on Friday. dry.gif

But yeah, I only really go to cons for the concerts and vibe.
kyonpalm
  Posted: Apr 1 2012, 05:24 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

In other news, I love your member title, Kiro. cool.gif
Kiroshino
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 06:27 PM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

It's based on yours, which led to it being an unintentional copy of Nomake Wan's. Tried to differentiate it a bit by adding the divergence number of the world line that I believe matches my avatar. Didn't actually check to confirm.
kyonpalm
  Posted: Apr 1 2012, 06:52 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kiroshino @ 24 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
It's based on yours, which led to it being an unintentional copy of Nomake Wan's. Tried to differentiate it a bit by adding the divergence number of the world line that I believe matches my avatar. Didn't actually check to confirm.

Yep, I noticed it was a copy before you changed it, heh.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 07:46 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Kiroshino @ 1 hour, 19 minutes ago)

I have been meaning to make a new avatar and sig for a while now actually. More at 11.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Kiroshino
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 07:58 PM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

I'm doubting I'll be keeping this combination for very long, since I didn't really identify with any of the characters. Just felt like putting something up.

It's nearly midnight on my side of the US. I'm hoping to be in bed by the time it's 11pm PST... though at this point, it's not likely.

Late to bed and early to rise makes Kiro regret procrastinating and promises he never keeps.

This post has been edited by Kiroshino on Apr 1 2012, 08:24 PM
kyonpalm
  Posted: Apr 2 2012, 02:34 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 6 hours, 47 minutes ago)
I have been meaning to make a new avatar and sig for a while now actually. More at 11.

So have I, but I've held off thinking I didn't want to break the trend we both have. Guess I'll finally do it once you change yours now. laugh.gif