Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Back on the Rocks

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 4,762  ·  Replies: 74 
> Just something I can't take...
Integra
  Posted: Feb 22 2003, 05:25 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 264

It's come to the point were people are starting to make FF cars, like Honda, seem like the crappiest, good for nothing car ever made. And it's come to seem that you think if a car can't drift in a race its already lost, and last but not least, if your car is FF it can only go down a straight line. Well I just want to refresh everyone's mind that none of that is true. Belive it or not but drifting is not the fastest way down the hill, it may the flashest but definitly not the fastest. Also FF cars can drive down a mountain will racing just like anyother car can, it can also look flashy like a drift(please dont stop reading here and say that FF cant drift because iam not saying they can I just said "They can also look flashy like a drift") And FF car's have made great reviews and even won best car reward in japan. If you want proof buy Best Motoring Tape 1. This site banners it, it should also use some of its information.

And Back to that topic of a FF can look flashy like a drift. A FF can do a powerslide that looks just as good as any drift. The Drift king does it and it looks outstanding. And even when i do it it looks good and it gives you the same rush as a drift does.

I'am not dissing FR's in any way with this post. Iam wanting to get one and i may get a S14 or Trueno soon. I just dont like the fact the you guys are giving FF's a bad name.
TRD 4A-GE
Posted: Feb 22 2003, 05:41 PM

Unregistered

true.. but most of the members here are FR drivers..

although some claimed that they own FF cars, but they've never try hard enough to see the capabilities of the FF. (Don't get me wrong , i own both FF and FR... FF is not that bad after all, provided you have the skill)

Anyhow, no one can really define the definition of "Drift"...for me, it describes the type of movement more than its action..

karasac
Posted: Feb 22 2003, 06:25 PM

Rotary Disciple

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 11

u obviously havent read all the posts, cuz some of us do think FF's r good cars, we just prefer FR's

thats all i have to say about that
Integra
  Posted: Feb 22 2003, 06:54 PM

IDW Member

Karasac, I have actually read some of the post. And I have seen most of you diss them, including you. When one of these topics came up, I didn't see you defend them, I saw you laugh at it and agree. And thats all I have to say.
|\\|Marcoze
Posted: Feb 22 2003, 07:12 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 254

FF cars are GREAT for a daily driver. just think, for a new Civic, you gan get 40+mpg highway. FF cars are also VERY good in the snow and rain, because most of the weight is over the driving Wheels. now, i have a 1400 Horsepower 72 nova, and the gas for that is 6+ dollars a gallon, and i can get .4 MPG with that. so having something like a 40+mpg FF Civic would be a warm welcome. (note that i am getting a FC or a AE86 soon, but thats for beating)
Hachi-Roku
Posted: Feb 22 2003, 08:29 PM

Unregistered

FF's are good and are perfect for people who aren't looking for high performance vechicles and really only want to get from point A to point B (aka. the average driving Joe). But even the average driver, like myself, will notice how FRs give better driving performance. I have an '88 Camry FF and she's been great for 15 years now (it used to be my dad's). But every once in a while I drive his '95 Volvo 960 FR and it undoubtedly gives a smoother, quieter ride and its turning is far superior to an FF car. Plus the feeling of the car pushing to accelerate instead of pulling is nice. I'm not saying FR is better than FF, but that if someone really wants a high performance vehicle then he will more than likely perfer the FR drivetrain.
TRD 4A-GE
Posted: Feb 22 2003, 08:41 PM

Unregistered

no point comparing two different types of car. Of course, even a Volvo 960 FF (if it exist) will have a better performance and ride compare to 88 Camry.

i dunno where you get the idea that the turning of FR is more superior.. do you know why FF car is designed and being marketed? Find out urself....

Personally, the feeling of cornering in FR is the best, due to the rear wheel steering which "keep on pushing u in the corner" like what u've desribe...
S15-guy
Posted: Feb 22 2003, 08:50 PM

dampachi!

Member No.: 177

I think you could atribute the quiter and smoother ride to the fact that the Volvo, is seven years younger, and being a volvo, would have better ride quality anyway
Jayson
Posted: Feb 22 2003, 09:33 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 32

Shmuck, as your title says.

I don't want to explain everything because your a shmuck, but FR/MR/AWD is the superior drive train to pick for racing. There's a reason you'll never see an Integra Type R in the JGTC, it wouldn't win, ever. FR has so many pluses that an FF doesn't have.

Can FF's go fast and be competitve? Yeah, on an amature level. on the professional level, FF would never keep up (not counting rally in here BTW)

I know drifting isn't the fastest way down a mountain, no one on here has never said that, they all know that taking the line is the best/fastest way.

FACT is, FF isn't a good set up for competitive racing, and thats how I rate cars.
DriftMethod
Posted: Feb 22 2003, 09:51 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 237

I haven't dissed FF's on this board, but I am a repeat offender for doing it elsewhere. I know a lot of people with FF cars that are faster than me in a straight line or on a track. I completely understand how FF's can offer certain advantages, but just not the ones I want.

One of the things that turns me off to FF's are the connotations associated with these cars. Maybe it's just the people I've met personally, but when I see someone with a nice FR, they seem more approachable and willing to talk about their car. A lot of people with FF's get mad, want to race or think you're going to steal it if you even look at their car.

Also, FR's to me are more of a pure drivers car. How many people do you know with an AE86 or S13 who bought it to impress women?

Last, without getting into the whole drifting debate, FR's are better suited for drifting.
]{aya
Posted: Feb 22 2003, 11:01 PM

Old HOT PINK Schmuck

Member No.: 47

QUOTE (Integra @ Feb 22 2003, 05:22 PM)
The Drift king does it and it looks outstanding. And even when i do it it looks good and it gives you the same rush as a drift does.

true ....it looks, only looks ...power slide is slower than drift ...the best way to run a FF is grip racing, maybe it looks dull but like ryosuke said in the battle against the 32 : 'he doesnt give any chance for overtaking... ' i like the FR layout because you can drift ...i also like the MR layout because of its extreme balance... i like the 4WD layout because its all-mighty and powerful ...and i like the FF layout because everybody thinks its lame so you can prove them wrong ...i really like the DC2 and EK9 (Type-R) tongue.gif
Jayson
Posted: Feb 22 2003, 11:10 PM

FD owns all
]{aya
Posted: Feb 22 2003, 11:15 PM

Old HOT PINK Schmuck

Member No.: 47

...yes jayson ...yes
Jayson
Posted: Feb 22 2003, 11:21 PM

happy.gif
CapSule
Posted: Feb 23 2003, 12:34 AM

Grip Silvia S12

Member No.: 249

Sorry Integra boy but I just don't like the way a FF car work with downhill or Uphill racing. sleep.gif
Jayson
Posted: Feb 23 2003, 12:36 AM

w3rd
CapSule
Posted: Feb 23 2003, 02:27 AM

Grip Silvia S12

and one more thing, I think Drifting is a fast way to get though corners cause it keeps your speed though it all.
killerenergy
Posted: Feb 23 2003, 09:22 AM

Hi!

Member No.: 152

uh, wrong forum?
CapSule
Posted: Feb 23 2003, 10:04 AM

Grip Silvia S12

Wrong Forum?
Integra
  Posted: Feb 23 2003, 11:56 AM

IDW Member

Capsule's have you ever driven an integra on the uphill or down hill? You can't tell how a car performes just by watching it, unless you have the trained eye and hearing, so unless you've driven one on the uphill and downhill dont say you dont like it on the uphill or downhill cause you know nothing on how the car will perform. But if you have driven it then just ignore what i just said.
CapSule
Posted: Feb 23 2003, 11:59 AM

Grip Silvia S12

heh heh, I have . . . happy.gif
Integra
  Posted: Feb 23 2003, 11:59 AM

IDW Member

And yes Drifting is a fast way around a corner, but i whouldnt say the fastest. You can only go full speed on the exit of the corner, But with properly tuned car you should be able to grip at a higher speen through the whole corner.
Integra
  Posted: Feb 23 2003, 12:03 PM

IDW Member

Jayson, you say that FF's can't be a good race car on a professional level. But infact the FF whould be a supreme choice for AutoCross. Since it pulls from the front it can cut the corner quicker cand faster than a FR. The only Challange whould be a AWD, that has the benefits of AWD. And AWD isnt the best, in Best Motoring Video 3. The drift King does a battle in the up hill and down hill against the Kings FR's and this other guys AWD. and the Drift King won the championship.

SO what iam trying to say is that each drivetrain has thier supiorty in diffrent races, but to say that the FF has no chance at a professional level is nothing but a lie and a misconception.
Jayson
Posted: Feb 23 2003, 12:43 PM

Well, I never see FF's raced in a professional, so that must say something
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Feb 23 2003, 01:05 PM

IDforum OG member

Member No.: 141

I completely understand how FF's can offer certain advantages, but just not the ones I want.

i like that... happy.gif
every car has it's advantages, fwd, rwd, and awd...
it just depends on how you plan to use the car, that's how you decide on what drivetrain to buy...
some cars are good, cause they're cheap and affordable laugh.gif even if IS front wheel drive
there's some good points to some cars, and they have they're purposes that's why they're produced...
ff's are not exactly a preference in racing in a track [that include curves]
but it's got it's pros... regardless of it's cons

3 Pages  1 2 3