Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Final Stage) J-Stark - The Jungle Is On Fire

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

6 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 26,596  ·  Replies: 129 
> Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Not your everyday Magical Girl
Saint
  Posted: Feb 23 2011, 09:54 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,067

QUOTE (Anime News Network)
After experiencing a bizarre dream, Kaname Madoka, a kind 14-year old girl, encounters a magical creature named Kyube. Madoka and her friend Miki Sayaka are offered the opportunity of gaining magical powers if they agree to make a contract with the strange little being.

He will also grant them one wish, but in exchange they shall risk their lives by accepting the responsibility of fighting witches. Invisible to human eyes, witches are catalysts of despair in the areas they inhabit. An ally of Kyube, a magical girl named Tomoe Mami, befriends and encourages the two girls to accept the contract. For an unknown reason, another magical girl named Akemi Homura is determined to prevent Madoka from accepting the deal.

I was never a fan of Mahou Shoujo genre, but after reading some reviews over SanCom, I decided to check out the first episode to see how it goes. It's totally different from Card Captor Sakura's type and I was hugely impressed with this anime. Latest episode now is 7. I'm currently on 3rd.

It's pretty dark toned which I find rare in Mahou Shoujo anime that are usually cutesy and happy in nature. In this one, it's different; people do die. user posted image First episode made me curious (opening scene was special imo) and 3rd episode was shocking enough (with a huge WTF) to confirm my interest on this anime.

It's directed by Shinbo Akiyuki and his style was literally swimming in the scenes as well. Kinda mindf*cks at some parts. Song choices in this anime makes it feel darker too. All in all, I enjoyed this anime very much and I recommend it. It's certainly not your everyday Mahou Shoujo.

Kyube's so adorable... :3

This post has been edited by Saint on Feb 24 2011, 12:33 AM
BOZZ
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 07:29 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

I watched the first episode, from what I see online it seems the mascot is pretty popular...?
Saint
  Posted: Feb 24 2011, 08:04 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Yeah, and it 'invaded' Akihabara recently. XD

It's a mysterious being that didn't care about the girls (from what I saw in episode 3), suggesting that it might be evil. Even Homura was trying to kill it in first episode too. It's like there's a sinister plan behind all that contracts it made with the girls.

This post has been edited by Saint on Feb 24 2011, 08:12 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 09:25 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Oh, well now you've given me reason to watch it... ><
Saint
  Posted: Feb 25 2011, 09:35 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Oh another thing to add, is that everyone seems to hate Kyube now for some reason which I don't know yet. Still getting episode 4-6... Horrible line. >.<

File size for each episode is horribly large! pinch2.gif I could have downloaded a 2-hour movie with that size.

Chihiro's size is reasonable, but the subs are... :/ But well, now I think it's worth it to get the larger ones.

Rewatching the 1st episode made me pondering:
SPOILER

The whole plot is pretty interesting.
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Feb 25 2011, 08:44 PM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

^ As for #4, there's a big hint in eps 8.

Latest episode, eps 8 was just released not too long ago and hot damn is the cat out of the bag now pinch2.gif

I've been watching from the get go and this show is definitely not your average run of the mill magical girl show. It deconstructs the whole magical girl genre and flips that shit on it's head much like what Evangelion did to mecha anime. A more nitty gritty portrayal of magical girls, show casing that it's not just all rainbows and lollipops in this line of business.

While at first glance the show may look all cutesey and what not with the first episode or two making it seem that way, the rest of the episodes following are anything but cute and fluffy. What's funny is that the writer Gen Urobuchi (well known for doing these really dark stories) and the Madoka production team even tried to troll people beforehand into thinking that Madoka was going to be another happy go lucky type show laugh.gif

The show's pretty damn gripping to watch and will easily hook in most viewers what with all the twists and turns it throws at you. Definitely a recommended watch especially if you wanna catch up on what's probably the hottest series airing right now.

Some little fun internet tidbits I've run into with this series tongue.gif

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJorRJrfNJI )

We need to go WIIIDDER
|____________________________________|

You'll need to watch eps 5 and 6 if you don't want to get spoiled by these next two laugh.gif
http://kurogane.animeblogger.net/2011/02/10/meduka-meguca/
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/3631/1298166533359.png

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Feb 25 2011, 08:46 PM
Saint
  Posted: Feb 25 2011, 09:40 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

The anime did remind me of Evangelion. Omg look at how it fits with Cruel Angel's Thesis! Excellent AMV. laugh.gif
My Anime List

Scenario writer Urobuchi Gen apologized for intentionally misleading people that Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica is a cute healing anime.

The producers were thinking of hiding Urobuchi's name to preclude people's deduction that the anime will be a darker show, but the premature staff information leak last Spring had ruined the plan.  (Note: the staff information of Madoka Magica was leaked in 2channel on April 1st 2010.)

Still, director Shinbo Akiyuki wanted to surprise the audience, so Urobuchi did his best to mislead people by making comments such as "It's time to recognize me as a healing-type writer." "It's disappointing that my new anime is called 'Chidamari (blood puddle) Sketch'.", "I want to make the audience happy by the anime." However, his efforts were in vain, Urobuchi said.

"Urobuchi did his best to mislead people by making comments such as "It's time to recognize me as a healing-type writer.""
laugh.gif It was exactly that it was dark that I watched it in the first place.

I'm now at episode 6:
SPOILER

I'm loving it, man. Lol.

This post has been edited by Saint on Feb 25 2011, 11:02 PM
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Feb 26 2011, 04:07 AM

whut?

lol and now you know why nobody likes the damn creature pinch2.gif

Found some funny yet difficult and rather spoilerish Madoka flash games

Based off events in eps 3
http://void.heteml.jp/flash/hmhm_jump/

Based off events in eps 6
http://void.heteml.jp/flash/throw_gem/

The fact that the dude actually went through the effect and made these games is so awesome haha laugh.gif
Saint
  Posted: Mar 2 2011, 09:41 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Episode 4 Parody (NSFW)

I enjoyed it all the way up to Homura and Madoka scene. Lol.

----------------

Just done 8th episode.

Magnificent! laugh.gif

SPOILER

Episode 9 is out btw.

This post has been edited by Saint on Mar 4 2011, 07:49 AM
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Mar 5 2011, 08:18 PM

whut?

Same dude who did the previous two flash games, made another two based on eps 8 haha laugh.gif
Sayaka Drops and Typing of the QB. I wonder what's up next lol tongue.gif

Eps 9
SPOILER

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Mar 5 2011, 08:19 PM
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Mar 7 2011, 12:06 AM

Point Guard

Member No.: 33,736

I don't think I like this series much. They were advertising it after Togainu no Chi's ending credits (last year) so I got a little interested and googled it. I just started on the first episode 2 days ago; stopped watching after the opening credits pinch2.gif I think I really dislike all the "magical girl" animes laugh.gif
Saint
  Posted: Mar 7 2011, 02:11 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Nooooo! Watch the first 3 episodes (IN FULL!) before you decide not to watch the series. laugh.gif You're missing out on the hottest anime this season.

user posted image

Front part is meant to be misleading.

Lots of people were turned off because of the synopsis too, but it's worth the watch.

---------------

Inception meets Madoka lol:
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POjj67bIQiU&feature=youtu.be )

"Mr. Cobb has a job offer he would like to discuss with you." XD
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Mar 7 2011, 05:17 AM

whut?

^ haha that parody inception trailer is so great tongue.gif

QUOTE (kou yuuzhen @ 5 hours, 4 minutes ago)
I don't think I like this series much. They were advertising it after Togainu no Chi's ending credits (last year) so I got a little interested and googled it. I just started on the first episode 2 days ago; stopped watching after the opening credits  pinch2.gif I think I really dislike all the "magical girl" animes  laugh.gif

Kickass avi and sig combo! Slam Dunk! FUK YEA!! w00t2.gif laugh.gif
Anyway if you dislike Magical Girl shows because it seems all cutesy and stuff, then i can assure you Madoka stops getting cutesy around the third episode. I admit i didn't really like Madoka all that much myself when it first started either, it was really only after the third episode or so that i started warming up to the show.
Saint
  Posted: Mar 7 2011, 05:44 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Even Hitler watches Madoka:

Note: Don't watch if you haven't reached episode 3 (it's a huge spoiler).

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYtMNFTt-Y0&feature=related )
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Mar 7 2011, 09:10 PM

Point Guard

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ Yesterday, 9:17 PM)
^ haha that parody inception trailer is so great tongue.gif

Kickass avi and sig combo! Slam Dunk! FUK YEA!! w00t2.gif laugh.gif
Anyway if you dislike Magical Girl shows because it seems all cutesy and stuff, then i can assure you Madoka stops getting cutesy around the third episode. I admit i didn't really like Madoka all that much myself when it first started either, it was really only after the third episode or so that i started warming up to the show.

Thank you...... happy.gif I just got a little obsessed over Maki-san lately
So basically it means I just have to survive until Episode 3 laugh.gif
Saint
  Posted: Mar 8 2011, 03:18 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ Mar 6 2011, 04:18 AM)
Eps 9
SPOILER

Just watched 9:
SPOILER

So looking forward to the next episodes. XD

This post has been edited by Saint on Mar 8 2011, 03:56 AM
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Mar 11 2011, 08:59 PM

whut?

Eps 10, yay backstory at last! laugh.gif
SPOILER

Producers also recommended going back and watching the last 10 episodes once again now, before watching 11 and 12 to pick on the little details you might've missed first time around. Probably half truth and half ploy to get you to buy the DVD's/BR's me thinks lol =P

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Mar 11 2011, 09:00 PM
Saint
  Posted: Mar 14 2011, 10:52 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Just watched 10.

Goddamn, it was fantastic! It gets better every episode! w00t2.gif
SPOILER
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Mar 26 2011, 03:21 AM

whut?

I don't think anyone's really watching this apart from me and Saint but for those wondering, there's going to be no new eps for awhile due to the recent Earthquake.
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Mar 26 2011, 07:09 AM

Point Guard

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ 3 hours, 48 minutes ago)
I don't think anyone's really watching this apart from me and Saint but for those wondering, there's going to be no new eps for awhile due to the recent Earthquake.

Looks like most new animes have been put on hold for now..... No new eps for Gosick too.... Damn, I just started to get interested laugh.gif But then I suppose they have much more important things on mind now than releasing new anime eps, so I will just be patient and hope the best for Japan smile.gif
Kiroshino
Posted: Mar 26 2011, 12:29 PM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 34,203

Just watched this with the anime club last night. Overall, it's pretty decent. There are actually quite a few underlying messages throughout it, which makes it fairly interesting. After identifying them, though, the plot is extremely predictable; figured out where the anime was heading by the end of the first episode.

Heard that there won't be another episode until April.
Saint
  Posted: Mar 26 2011, 10:39 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

I'm fine about the postponement; after all, it's a huge tragedy to the Japanese.

As long as they don't cancel it like how SanCom always claim they would, I'm happy enough. laugh.gif Apparently moe otakus can't stand watching this anime. XD

However I find it strange that they release an 'improved' version (graphically) of episode 10 last week, rather than episode 11 itself.
Kiroshino
Posted: Mar 28 2011, 01:50 PM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 34,203

Rumor has it that it might air on Walpurgis Night... O.O

bROCKoLEE
Posted: Apr 8 2011, 07:12 PM

whut?

Something to tide you over while waiting i guess lol laugh.gif

YOUTUBE ( http://youtu.be/woYRiWdvQz4 )

This post has been edited by Perry on Oct 12 2011, 11:34 AM
Saint
  Posted: Apr 9 2011, 10:03 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

I watched that a couple of days ago wondering wth is polysema. Lol.

Then my IQ dropped drastically in 10 minutes. O_< pinch2.gif

6 Pages  1 2 3 »