Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 10 unique listeners, playing Candy Taylor - Sweet Sixteen Girl

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 78,227  ·  Replies: 144 
> Personal Trackday photos, photos at sanctioned events
Banken
Posted: Jan 21 2014, 04:11 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 22,465

awddrifter, keep that shit off the touge. You'll end up killing yourself or someone else. If you've got the money to buy an S15 you've got the money to pay for legal track days.
Spaz
Posted: Jan 21 2014, 09:29 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (Banken @ 5 hours, 18 minutes ago)
awddrifter, keep that shit off the touge. You'll end up killing yourself or someone else. If you've got the money to buy an S15 you've got the money to pay for legal track days.

He edited the post, so whatever he said is gone. If you could quote things like that in the future, that'd be awesome. smile.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
awddrifter
Posted: Jan 21 2014, 01:57 PM

なんでやねん

Member No.: 377

QUOTE (Banken @ 9 hours, 46 minutes ago)
awddrifter, keep that shit off the touge.  You'll end up killing yourself or someone else.  If you've got the money to buy an S15 you've got the money to pay for legal track days.

Have I ever posted anything anywhere that has shown that I have drifted on the touge? I never have, and I won't. It's simply too dangerous, illegal, and not worth it. I've driven quickly (grip) on the touge a few times a while ago though, but I don't do that anymore. Too many unknowns, too many chances for an incident, and not worth it.

I don't know why you decided to attack me all of a sudden.

He edited the post, so whatever he said is gone. If you could quote things like that in the future, that'd be awesome.

I didn't remove anything about driving on the touge, I only edited my post to add more pictures.

Also, I found someone that will trade me some parts I want for my wheels, so they aren't for sale anymore. Sorry...

This post has been edited by awddrifter on Jan 21 2014, 02:02 PM
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Banken
Posted: Jan 22 2014, 02:47 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 22,465

Your post indicated that you intended to drift on the touge. Don't. It's not an attack.
awddrifter
Posted: May 16 2014, 09:35 AM

なんでやねん

Member No.: 377

^
I don't plan on ever drifting on the touge, so no need to worry smile.gif

I went to Fuji Doripa again about a month and a half ago:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

but... I started to get bored with Fuji Doripa, so I decided to go to Nikko Circuit 3 weeks ago:
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3263 x 1839. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
user posted image
I rode passenger in this Drift Muscle machine for about 10 minutes at Nikko, which was fun:
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3263 x 1839. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

It was my first time ever at Nikko circuit. Until then, I had only drifted at Fuji ~6 times and at Mobara once.
Also, here is an in-car video I took at Nikko:
YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lebA5cYXXc )

On the way home that night from Nikko, I stopped at Daikoku PA. I saw this line of FDs, so I had to stop and chat (and take pics) with them biggrin.gif
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2400 x 1800. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Remember that car above? It's the RE Amemiya "Touge King" from a few years ago on Best Motoring. The owner is in his 20s (that's him in the picture above). I should have asked him what he does for a living!
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_gP61y-_Vk )

Next stop will be Honjo circuit 2 weeks from now, and then after that will be Tsukuba 1000 happy.gif

EDIT: fixed video link

This post has been edited by awddrifter on Jul 22 2014, 05:29 PM
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
D33DO_R32
Posted: Jun 5 2014, 10:04 PM

Hell's Wyvern

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,541

really amazing pictures and driving guys, I hope I can be like you guys one day smile.gif
Spaz
Posted: Jun 6 2014, 08:51 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (D33DO_R32 @ Today, 1:04 AM)
really amazing pictures and driving guys, I hope I can be like you guys one day smile.gif

Track days are a blast, but you definitely pay for it. If you've got the passion though, there's always a way. smile.gif

Me, Grappler, and my father are headed to one this evening, actually. awesome.gif
D33DO_R32
Posted: Jun 7 2014, 11:27 PM

Hell's Wyvern

QUOTE (Spaz @ Yesterday, 8:51 AM)
Track days are a blast, but you definitely pay for it. If you've got the passion though, there's always a way. smile.gif

yes, I hope I will own a car and go do trackday one day when I am successful biggrin.gif

btw nice Evo Spaz

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Spaz
Posted: Jun 8 2014, 06:59 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (D33DO_R32 @ Today, 2:27 AM)
yes, I hope I will own a car and go do trackday one day when I am successful biggrin.gif

btw nice Evo Spaz

It's a great thing to strive for for sure, because it can still be more affordable than you think. There are a few less active members here with what basically amount to a normal car that have plenty of fun on the track. Just set aside some cash for brakes and tires.

And thank you, sir!
chillined
Posted: Jun 14 2014, 10:25 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,552

I'm just going to leave this here...
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 640. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Probably THE worst way to get into motorsports, time attack racing. It was my first time on the track, and it was fun and all, but I got plagued with the infamous GC gas tank slosh... Would stall everytime after a long right hander and hairpin left...

Didn't do too bad, was beating a GD WRX in my class. Decided to reset my ECU and was running 12AFR's (This is a whole another story by the way. Accessport decided to take a dump a few days before by spewing smoke out of the usb and OBD2 ports). Called it a day and took it as a great experience. Best of all? First track day with a car that I completely built, and I got to drive her home smile.gif Can't beat that experience!

Will definitely go to another track day, but I'll definitely need to do a STI (or maybe just any GD) gas tank swap and just give'r.

Oh and by the way? If you want to be competitive in time attack, DO NOT RUN 380 treadwear tires. These Ziex's suck some major dick. lol

This post has been edited by chillined on Jun 14 2014, 10:37 PM
Spaz
Posted: Jun 15 2014, 09:52 AM

Group Icon

LOL, quite a crash course it sounds like! Not quite like MY crash course, but I took it a bit literal. laugh2.gif

Anyway, good to hear that you're having fun with the car finally.
Wufei
Posted: Jul 16 2014, 09:17 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 39,987

QUOTE (chillined @ Jun 14 2014, 10:25 PM)
Probably THE worst way to get into motorsports, time attack racing. It was my first time on the track, and it was fun and all, but I got plagued with the infamous GC gas tank slosh... Would stall everytime after a long right hander and hairpin left...

Didn't do too bad, was beating a GD WRX in my class. Decided to reset my ECU and was running 12AFR's (This is a whole another story by the way. Accessport decided to take a dump a few days before by spewing smoke out of the usb and OBD2 ports). Called it a day and took it as a great experience. Best of all? First track day with a car that I completely built, and I got to drive her home smile.gif Can't beat that experience!

Will definitely go to another track day, but I'll definitely need to do a STI (or maybe just any GD) gas tank swap and just give'r.

Oh and by the way? If you want to be competitive in time attack, DO NOT RUN 380 treadwear tires. These Ziex's suck some major dick. lol

Always glad to see another track guy smile.gif Which track was this? We compete all over SoCal & AZ (and coming to NorCal soon too!)

My car competing in Redline Time Attack & Nitto Tire XS AWD Competition. Follow on Facebook & IG for more! wink2.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 640. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Wufei on Jul 16 2014, 11:28 AM
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Oct 27 2014, 05:37 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 25,374

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 637. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This past weekend... smile.gif
Spaz
Posted: Oct 28 2014, 08:27 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (DeeezNuuuts83 @ Yesterday, 8:37 PM)
http://oi61.tinypic.com/28u0n6f.jpg
This past weekend... smile.gif

Hanging out with Aaron?
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Oct 28 2014, 08:39 AM

IDW Goldmember

I don't know an aaron

case
Posted: Nov 5 2014, 07:51 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 2,933

backalleyracer on here, he works at Exotics. if you'd gone a bit further you'd have been at my old workplace, Dream Racing, lol.

I kinda miss competing in Redline events, but the last time I did I spent way too much on tires and Roger in his Evo always kicked my arse (and not always by small margins). I don't think the 'ole FC will really be competitive in any class, as much as I'd love running it it's just destined for track days.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 6 2014, 08:52 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

QUOTE (case @ Yesterday, 8:51 PM)
backalleyracer on here, he works at Exotics. if you'd gone a bit further you'd have been at my old workplace, Dream Racing, lol.

I kinda miss competing in Redline events, but the last time I did I spent way too much on tires and Roger in his Evo always kicked my arse (and not always by small margins). I don't think the 'ole FC will really be competitive in any class, as much as I'd love running it it's just destined for track days.

Sometimes I get jealous when I hear about all the nice cars that backalleyracer drives. It makes me tempted to hit him up next time I go to Vegas and ask if he can hook a brother up with some discounts because I'm poor as hell.

I never knew you worked at Dream Racing either. Man, I'm friends with some pretty cool people who do pretty amazing things... happy.gif
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Nov 7 2014, 06:11 AM

IDW Goldmember

Mine was at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana
backalleyracer
Posted: Nov 13 2014, 09:24 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 7,122

Yea I don't work at the Fontana track - come to Vegas and see what the cars can do on a better track tongue.gif

and you know for damn sure if you ever wanted to come out here I would hook you up Carol!!

DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Nov 14 2014, 08:15 AM

IDW Goldmember

Do you know any of the guys at Fontana? If so, I knew Kevin Madsen from college. He recognized me when I got there and hooked up some extra laps and stuff.

GoP-Demon
Posted: Nov 25 2014, 06:23 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 43,878

Got an s2k this year and learned how to track.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1445. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1014 x 666. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by GoP-Demon on Nov 25 2014, 06:31 AM
Spaz
Posted: Nov 25 2014, 09:18 AM

Group Icon

Is it March yet?

Ugh, so ready for next season.
MetalMan777
Posted: Nov 25 2014, 08:59 PM

Snooping as usual

Member No.: 32,588

QUOTE (Spaz @ Today, 12:18 PM)
Is it March yet?

Ugh, so ready for next season.

I am so not ready. But when it happens, I will be spending many many many dollars on tires.

This post has been edited by MetalMan777 on Nov 25 2014, 08:59 PM
Rudy
Posted: Nov 25 2014, 11:00 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
D33DO_R32
Posted: Nov 26 2014, 12:20 AM

Hell's Wyvern

hi guys does posting go-karting photos count as track day photos? thanks smile.gif

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »