Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Derreck Simons - Make My Day

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

17 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 66,207  ·  Replies: 408 
> What would takumi drive next after AE86?, AE86 retired..
tUrB0
Posted: Oct 23 2006, 01:52 AM

Tiu lei lou mou chao hai

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 982

he should retire from racing and drive a...........

Toyota Mark X tongue.gif
fuji_tak
Posted: Oct 23 2006, 05:00 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 17,374

I think if it was an european cars old and competitive it will be the peugeaot 205 gti.
FinToy-83
Posted: Oct 23 2006, 01:51 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,568

I think his dad would get something more nimble than 86.. like KP60 Starlet, and put the engine from hachi into it.. it's 200kg's lighter than 86, so it will accelerate faster and handle better in corners. shifty2.gif
freakinbox
Posted: Oct 24 2006, 09:11 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,102

I don't think the point was that he has to give up the ae86. Just realize there are BETTER cars out there.

Remember the ae86 is suposed to be one of the better cars to learn on, which means it's just as good for improving your skill.

But the Imprezza seems to suit him pretty well.
Ramaj
Posted: Oct 24 2006, 10:05 AM

yo mama

Member No.: 19,246

He's gonna switch to the R33 and start driving the wangan line against the devil z and black bird
fuji_tak
Posted: Oct 24 2006, 11:45 AM

IDW Goldmember

No speculations any more laugh.gif
It's clear : How much cars had shuichi shigeno ? a 86 and an impreza. So i doubt seriously that Takumi change his 86 (for Takumi the cars not make the difference, his skills make it). So Takumi will keep his 86 and not switched with the bunta impreza. Bunta said it to Yuuichi "This (the impreza) it's my car, i don't give it to Takumi". The goal of Bunta is to upgrade Takumi skills, developing news technics and make Takumi jump this wall : the 86 limitations face to new cars with lot of elecronic assistance. The goal of Takumi is to crush these new cars (bunta impreza included) with his 86. Go! Go ! Tak (Takumi) (Takumi) (Takumi) ! wink2.gif.
But it's amazing to see Takumi speed in corners (like in Tochigi evo 6 vs 86) with a 86 (no ABS or ESP). But i doubt In real world a 86 take advantage in front of a V6 or a V8 (With two good pilots with same level)

This post has been edited by fuji_tak on Oct 24 2006, 11:46 AM
Orochi Kyouichi
Posted: Oct 24 2006, 05:32 PM

Orochi-blooded Level 99 Legend

Member No.: 16,366

I don't care about Shigeno's perspective on things. I just wanna get on with this topic if you don't mind.

Just for laughs, I would not mind if Takumi ends up driving a Supra (after all, a Supra is FR if I'm not mistaken.) laugh.gif
lingeringsoul
Posted: Oct 25 2006, 12:46 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 3,916

he should drive a tractor...........it'll be cool to see what kind of bullshit the initial D creators can come up with to make takumi win
blackcat
Posted: Oct 25 2006, 01:20 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 20,500

I would say nay to the S2k, good car, similar Front Rear balance, but it is heavy for its size...what, close to 1300kg? Id say he would use a MX5 of some sort. NA most likely, but i could see a NB or a NC for that matter. Racing tuned engine designed to run at high revs.
LS1350
Posted: Oct 25 2006, 02:26 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 15,402

Lotus Exige... or not, not a very driftable car unsure.gif

But it is nimble and doesnt hamper the driver with electronic driver aids... pitty it's not jap cause it'd be cool to see one ripping up the touge cool.gif
fuji_tak
Posted: Oct 25 2006, 03:57 AM

IDW Goldmember

I think if the evo VI guy at tsuchisaka have skills to control all electronic of his evo, Takumi wasn't had a chance to win. It's interesting beacause actually Takumi is against an MX-5 full tuned from inside(lot electronics in) and outside. The MX-5 guy is Omiya and this one know to control them perfectly. It's the longest downill battle i saw and very tough for Takumi.
Chapter 471 is intituled "Omiya awaken" héhhhééé... Poor Takumi. What movement Omiya will give to Takumi for overtake laugh.gif

This post has been edited by fuji_tak on Oct 25 2006, 03:58 AM
freakinbox
Posted: Oct 25 2006, 10:01 PM

IDW Expert Member

Well the idea is something that is in alot of shows. take gundam wing for instance... Tallgesse is this stupid old ass gundam, but the pilot is what makes it amazing and can take on these amazing gundams such as the wing gundam.

The dropped the make this easy with bad drivers against takumi in the show before the 1st stage ended. The idea in the first one is that everyone was like wtf an 86? AHAHAHAH stupid kid is so young. Yet they all lose because his skill is INSANE. He drove EVERY NIGHT for 5 years! BUt no one would think that because of his age. It's true though, if you learn with aid's like traction control and ABS it's ALOT harder and sometime impossible for people to grasp the limits of their cars, I think those things are around for people who can't grasp them. Not everyone can drive. BUt to someone who already knows the limits of their car these aids allow for them to push past the limits they know, not by a whole lot but more than the car could do. As much as we try most of us could NOT beat an abs system for braking power, you can only feel so much through a petal and wheel as to what 4 wheels on the road are doing.

As for takumi having trouble with a heavily modded mx5, I'd expect that. The ae86's biggest strength is in it's weight and how it's balanced through the car, suposed close to 50/50 weight ration which is great! But against the mx5 the lightness isn't such a bonus as the mx5 is also really light, and small giving more room for you to throw it around the road more. Then to give it the electronic aids with someone who can control it. The weakness in the mx5 is the body, roadsters and convertables usually have alot more flex in them than other cars.

BUt I still stick with the Imprezza suiting takumi very well, he looks right inside that car. He'd look wierd in something else. His personailty outside the car is quiet, and he's pretty kind to everyone. Something like the 86 that looks so docile sitting there because you'd never expect it to jump out and kick your ass, or the imprezza which although theirs looks pretty stock, and isn't an sti so is missing the fender flares and such could still kick your ass because of the driver being takumi. He needs something that suits him, something quiet looking...
marlan
Posted: Oct 25 2006, 10:19 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 21,281

My guess, in all reality, should the cats give an expiry date to the 86, they'll make him drive a K-car (Im thinking the Capuccino myself). Like the 86, K-cars are underpowered so, the punch would still hold...
Takumi Fugiwara
Posted: Oct 25 2006, 10:41 PM

Im obessed with tigers (no really i am)

Member No.: 13,147

Takumi will get the Devil Z
?wha?
Posted: Oct 26 2006, 12:58 AM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

i suspect takumi will drive...... a MR2!!!! XD XD

seriously, a car thats drifty, for the insane man. its just that he wont be able to carry tofu anymore... unless its boiled tofu XD
freakinbox
Posted: Oct 26 2006, 08:24 AM

IDW Expert Member

Nissan has a K car, I forget what it's called. That thing looks cool. But on the downhill he'd rape EVERYTHING so the show would get boring and stupid.
arminschnell
Posted: Oct 26 2006, 10:46 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 15,128

QUOTE (freakinbox @ Today at 8:24 AM)
Nissan has a K car, I forget what it's called. That thing looks cool. But on the downhill he'd rape EVERYTHING so the show would get boring and stupid.

what if he had a ae92 SR5??

laugh.gif

sup freakin'

cardo
freakinbox
Posted: Oct 26 2006, 10:57 AM

IDW Expert Member

OMFG CARDO!!!!!!! woot

nah... fwd. even I know I need something better ROFL!
bearbox
Posted: Oct 27 2006, 01:09 AM

AURIS

Member No.: 14,488

I would have to say those new corolla's? remember the AE86 is an corolla in american saying
freakinbox
Posted: Oct 28 2006, 12:16 AM

IDW Expert Member

TRUENO and LEVIN are models for the corolla in other countries that had both. I've seen levins that say corolla on the back smile.gif.

Ae86 is the MODEL of corolla.

And takumi in a new corolla? fwd FTL!! The new ones are more a family car, and aren't anything special. I'd have to say it's easier to add power to a car with 4 wheel independant suspension rather than to a new corolla trying to get handling, I can't remember what the rear suspension is called on them, but it's the single bar. Like a minivan, or older VW. So in reality the new corollas have gone backwards from the old ones.

If he was going to go fwd corolla I would say ae92 or ae111
Indo_drifter
Posted: Oct 30 2006, 09:42 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 18,494

What about cappucino wink2.gif
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Oct 30 2006, 05:57 PM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

^ i don't think so... the old AE86 engine was already underpowered... and then he will switch back to something that's even more underpowered?... ok the cappuccino will suit his driving style, but as project d goes on, there seems to be less emphasis on drifting so i think he won't be that lucky anymore if he drives a capp...
Godot
Posted: Oct 30 2006, 06:17 PM

Aka FC3SSavannaIII

Member No.: 17,363

hmm maybe he will drive a rotary powered 86!
derno if that would happen but things can happen
IE: Bunta and the Ae101
hmm wonder what rotary is gonna be in in a 20b(3 rotors)? or a 28b(4 rotors)
that would be ownage
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
fd_ace:)
  Posted: Oct 30 2006, 10:24 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 18,343

TAKUMI WILL DRIVE A 740 VOLVO!!!

Never see one of it, what is it like? ermm2.gif

The Supra is good.

I'm thinking would he change into 350Z or the NSX..

I saw tokyo drift and 350Z was a very god car for drifting.. grin2.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 08:31 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

740 Volvo = crappity crap crap of crappity crapness. Thus, the comment was a joke. XP
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project

17 Pages  1 2 3 4 »