Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Ghost In The Resonance

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,657  ·  Replies: 3 
> Japanese Horror Films/Ghost Stories, Give me suggestions of movies to watch/stories to read.
Cecilia
  Posted: Oct 18 2014, 08:27 PM

Easy to please. Since day one.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 31,385

At about ten years old, I became obsessed with Greek Mythology and Ancient Egyptian and Roman culture. At about 12, I discovered Japanese and Chinese ghost stories and folktales. Now that I'm older, I absolutely love foreign horror films.

Netflix had Ju-On 1 & 2 available to watch so I devoured them, back to back. Unfortunately, their list for the Ju-On stops there, but they did have the Grudge 3, so I gave it a chance. Well, I wasn't that disappointed as my expectations for it were pretty low after having seen the previous Grudge films. Yes, even though Takashi was involved in the productions. (I'm not saying they're bad, I just didn't like them all that much.) It was slow and the horror didn't build up quite the same way it did in the Japanese films. The Grudge 3 was missing the spooky charm I loved from the other films. (Also, I love watching the goings-on in the backgrounds) Japanese culture fascinates me to no end since it has many parallels to Mexican culture.

I remember seeing this image in a book I borrowed from the school library 17 years ago!
user posted image

"The corners of her pretty mouth turned down and her hair fell out..." Still remember bits and pieces of the narrative also.

Thanks for reading! happy.gif
APX
Posted: Oct 18 2014, 09:24 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

I'm pretty sure I know the name of it.. Kappa? Or something, but it interests me that they have a story or demon story about a creature snatching up little kids who get too close to certain rivers or swin in it alone. And how they have cermonies to give offerings to it.

But then again, I have a fascination with demons/gods of all countries. biggrin.gif
Cecilia
  Posted: Oct 18 2014, 09:27 PM

Easy to please. Since day one.

Member No.: 31,385

QUOTE (APX @ 3 minutes, 31 seconds ago)
I'm pretty sure I know the name of it.. Kappa? Or something, but it interests me that they have a story or demon story about a creature snatching up little kids who get too close to certain rivers or swin in it alone. And how they have cermonies to give offerings to it.

But then again, I have a fascination with demons/gods of all countries. biggrin.gif

Please, feel free to share those as well! I would really appreciate it.
Shirogane
Posted: Nov 1 2014, 09:21 AM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

Late to the party, but here's what I could think up.

• Kaidan Shin Mimibukuro (Tales of Terror)
  • Honto ni Atta! Kowai Hanashi
  • Honto ni Atta! Noroi no Video

You could find most of these subbed online, if memory serves me right.