Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Fly Me So High

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,765  ·  Replies: 6 
> Mythbusters Season Finale -Drifting?
Slade
  Posted: Feb 22 2015, 11:11 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,304

Did anyone else catch the Season Final of Mythbuster this past week. I havent watched them in forever but I decided to DVR it and see what it was all about. They had the finale on Drifting and trying to prove Drifting is not faster then driving real fast around corners and it just looks faster.

Just curious as to what your thought might were if you had seen it?

kyonpalm
Posted: Feb 22 2015, 11:31 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Slade @ 19 minutes, 50 seconds ago)
... trying to prove Drifting is not faster then driving real fast around corners and it just looks faster.

Haven't seen this episode but I have no idea who on earth thinks drifting even looks faster.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Slade
  Posted: Feb 22 2015, 11:41 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 10 minutes, 4 seconds ago)
Haven't seen this episode but I have no idea who on earth thinks drifting even looks faster.

Its what Adam and Jamie were saying while they were drifting thru theyre test tracks. They got a 240 and beat the hell out of it tho and only had 12 hours of practice while trying to bust these so called drifting myths.

Conrad Grunewald showed up to train them a bit and then went thru there test tracks and couldnt beat theyre time of just driving fast thru the course,but he was driving the beat up 240 and not his Camaro drift car which he used earlier.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Feb 22 2015, 01:30 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Mythbusters hasn't been the same since Grant left the show. But whenever I have the free time it is one of the first shows that I try to watch. Maybe next time I have a couple hours to kill then I'll see if I can find this episode to check out.

I have no idea where people would think drifting is fast though... Its more of just for show. derp.gif
MetalMan777
Posted: Feb 22 2015, 05:41 PM

Snooping as usual

Member No.: 32,588

I'm surprised they got rid of Grant. He was the most similar to the big two. Battlebots and all that.
Falbere
Posted: Feb 22 2015, 07:03 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

this belong in off-topic?
also, Grant was the best man... It is like Top Gear without Clarkson.

But anyway, back to drifting being faster: yes, on very poor road condition, like gravel, or snow.

This post has been edited by Falbere on Feb 23 2015, 04:24 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Slade
  Posted: Feb 23 2015, 03:54 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Sorry,feel free to move it smile.gif.

I was just curious if anyone else saw it or had any thoughts on it?

I stopped watching them along time ago,like right around when the show first started,but only cuz my Science teacher proved them wrong and showed how they do all theyre busting the wrong way.