Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Go 2 - Power

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 16,500  ·  Replies: 164 
> Maximum Tune Players, Why are they always mocking us?
shaojie
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 03:02 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,432

haha no worries i guess our forum members don't really mind about that...as Kenji said these are two very different kinds of racing games so i wouldn't be irritated by die hard fans making comments on other games...i admit i am a die hard fan of ID but i will never get drawn to a debate with those kids. i think Wangan feels more unrealistic to me but again games are never realistic right? happy.gif

oh well let's leave it to own their personal preferences. since both ID and Wangan are nice in their own ways...on the other hand it shows that these two games are really on par to draw their own crowds right?so unless some mario kart players tell me that mario kart is better than ID5 or else i will just continue playing ID5 grin2.gif
Heron
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:53 AM

逆天改命

Member No.: 32,391

Mario Kart is the fun kind of game. Cannot be compared to ID and WMMT which are kind of technical.

Anyway, I miss Bunta too. It was a huge challenge trying to take Bunta out with my Levin. Which I still can't in v3...T_T. Akina DH was especially a pain.

Let's see, what they can implement...

- Race titles. I mean, White Comet of Akagi was cool. Not to mention Akina's AE86 or Emperor.

- More songs. I wanna listen to 'Stop your self control' storming down Akina's DH.

- Dynamic stories. Wangan has an engaging story (for me at least) and one could do the same with IDAS.

- Tracks. Lake Akina was a fine addition...but now I miss Usui. Wouldn't mind Real Usui, Akina Snow, Tsuchizaka, Syomaru and the tracks I didn't get to play in Special Stage.

And I think the online system will bring more things. Like Auras, Racing stickers and for me a chance to see how lousy I am compared to the rest of the crowd in SG...=)
-ShinRei-
  Posted: Apr 13 2009, 05:41 PM

The Legendary R Master

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 29,882

@Heron

You mean something like Subtitle Texts when the Character is saying something on Battle?And the Screen stops for awhile for a Story? grin2.gif
stormfox
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 05:51 PM

Underdog Nutcase

Member No.: 32,096

QUOTE (-ShinRei- @ 9 minutes, 57 seconds ago)
@Heron

You mean something like Subtitle Texts when the Character is saying something on Battle?And the Screen stops for awhile for a Story? grin2.gif

i think that is a bit hard?

ID is not like WMMT where you can 'pause' near an onramp and a new opponent appears and the race 'resumes' (or starts depending on how you see it)....

i would hate for the race to pause in the middle of struggling the fast swiinging corners of Happo, Nagao, Tsukuba and just start right off. the rhythm will be gone! ermm2.gif

hmm.. same as Heron...
online Race rankings to see how crap i am compared to the masses... crying2.gif

but will online or will we not... that is still a question in the air. I wish they had released more details sad.gif the wait is killing me slowly...
-ShinRei-
  Posted: Apr 13 2009, 05:53 PM

The Legendary R Master

Let's just hope for a Patch laugh.gif
Heron
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 05:55 PM

逆天改命

@Shinrei: Not really. I hated that in WMMT since it disturbs the flow of the game. What I meant was something like different opponents on different tracks after you have completed the first round of CPU opponents.

Like you first met Iketani in Lake Akina. Maybe once you completed it Iketani will be seen on Myogi or even Akina. Kenji will be racing in Lake Akina. Something like that. More dynamic. Or even have some swaps in the opponent list. That's good enough.

And they do talk already, and I find that less annoying than the subtitles in Wangan. Like Takumi will say the point of attack will be the 5 consec hairpins. That's good enough IMO.
-ShinRei-
  Posted: Apr 13 2009, 05:58 PM

The Legendary R Master

Yeah, I'm thinking..If there are Texts like those in MT I would surely crash, especially if the Texts are as long as the Celsior Guy laugh.gif

Yep, that's good already Heron, then people would face opponents in different order wink2.gif
Jerry Liu
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:00 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Member No.: 29,300

Speaking of which, I hate that while you're playing Story Mode in Maximum Tune, they would have text of the characters' dialogue, especially Gochan when he takes up the whole screen. Like anyone is gonna read any of that...
-ShinRei-
  Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:02 PM

The Legendary R Master

Oh yeah, Gatchan or Gochan or whatever the name is, it's the Celsior Guy.. laugh.gif
Heron
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:03 PM

逆天改命

Yes, before I forget...the thing they definitely can implement...

- A way to use the points being accumulated on my card. I got 1 million points and there's a limit to the number of cosmetic changes you can make to one car. Seriously.

I do not know whether online allows usage of points but the points are bugging me. A lot. At least in v2 one can use the points for 4 course.

4 course was kinda fun too. Maybe they can consider a 7 course with 60k points?
shaojie
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:05 PM

IDW Expert Member

perhaps they can allow players to use points to accquire new rides instead...instead of sucking my pockets dry... grin2.gif
zero-g
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:06 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 29,653

points will be consume every 1000pts whenever u participate events held by SEGA last month...
shaojie
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:10 PM

IDW Expert Member

??i don't really get you zero-g... blink.gif
stormfox
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:13 PM

Underdog Nutcase

QUOTE (zero-g @ 7 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
points will be consume every 1000pts whenever u participate events held by SEGA last month...

IF we get events tongue.gif

but 1k... is peanuts too.. haha. Heron will still go crazy over whats left of the points
shaojie
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:16 PM

IDW Expert Member

i thought there's events in SG...looks like SEGA doesn't bother much about other countries... sad.gif

1k is too little...and perhaps it reflects on the quality of the event? ermm2.gif
-ShinRei-
  Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:18 PM

The Legendary R Master

There are events on HK right? ermm2.gif
Heron
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:20 PM

逆天改命

@Stormfox: Yeah...I still remember in v3 when I was playing TAs and battles and wondering what's with the points. 4 million, if I remember? And that was from v1 to v3.
shaojie
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:23 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (-ShinRei- @ 4 minutes, 45 seconds ago)
There are events on HK right? ermm2.gif

oh man if HK have events i got nothing to say...

at least somebody hold a national championship or something...? i heard the annual competition in jap is hot rolleyes.gif
zero-g
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:28 PM

IDW Expert Member

err guys im referring to the events in ID5 japan haha sorry happy.gif

last month events in japan is to win a sponsor stickers (TRD, NISMO, etc..)
-ShinRei-
  Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:29 PM

The Legendary R Master

For their D5 Car?Cos as I remembered, there are some pictures of that in the Official D5 Website ermm2.gif
zero-g
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:32 PM

IDW Expert Member

yes if u have seen the promotional video or pictures, thats the one

and include the background frame for ur avatar which is held last year december in japan i think
Heron
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:36 PM

逆天改命

It's sad that other countries don't get such events. Even a sticker would be fun. Seriously.
shaojie
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:41 PM

IDW Expert Member

yup jap events are cool...i remember they hold annual championships for ID

i saw on of the youtube videos on a web cam interview with one of the winners...they were asking how did he get so good with ID then that guy turned his cam sideways to reveal a ID4 machine at the back of his room...omfg

for me i will be satisfied if we are able to get the same machines as japan's...(those machines with real car chasis)... thumbsup.gif

as well as national championships...hehe
-ShinRei-
  Posted: Apr 13 2009, 06:47 PM

The Legendary R Master

Own a D4 Machine..Like SWK? ermm2.gif Now it's getting more like SERIOUSLY.. sad.gif

This post has been edited by -ShinRei- on Apr 13 2009, 06:48 PM
stormfox
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 07:08 PM

Underdog Nutcase

honestly.. ID5 Game Events for Car stickers... we dont know yet.

cos Events come with network connection.
same case as Online battles. no one knows yet

(no.. i'm not talking about holding and organising events. i mean Event mode in the game)

This post has been edited by stormfox on Apr 13 2009, 07:08 PM

7 Pages  1 2 3 4 »