Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Bust the Future Wall (into the rockin' beat)

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,608  ·  Replies: 17 
> Parts and stuff and stuff..., It affects my bnr32 performance...
cheongzewei
  Posted: Nov 25 2011, 04:48 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,033

Hello everyone.
Just want to share what I've felt today.

So I just got a fully tuned bnr32. My pride and joy, the car which I still suck at and trying to master.

Since I was FT, I decided to go on a shopping spree..

2nd wing.
Side mirrors, 4th (aka last)
wheels 2nd from top wheels. (who's that guy anyway?)
Exhaust, 2nd from top.

I didn't notice it at first, thought it was my silly driving or the rain, but after trying it out on a dry track...
2nd wheels made my car SLIDE like mad. Brake to early turn in... hit inner wall. Brake a little later, entire body bang outer wall sideways.

It was so ridiculous! I then changed my wheel to first wheel, and the car felt much grippier (much better in fact) However... in usui uphill, that c121 turn, I could drift without breaking, lol.. (off gas, turn, on gas in one second) Perhaps that's normal... well nv mind.

However, since after getting the exhaust, My car start up has FALLEN like mad. It's so slow..... I went to legend 3rd npc (that guy with the s15/s14) and that car accelerated faster then me for 5 seconds.

I'm going to change it soon... see how it fairs with different exhaust.

~GAREN~

Ps: any advice on driving a bnr32 would be appreciated... my akina time only 3'21'6 sad.gif Keep on crashing into corners if I go faster.. Terrible at akagi as well... before the giant u turn to the right.
DigiBunny
Posted: Nov 25 2011, 07:39 AM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

Hold on there. What you think is causing this performance drop may not be what you have in mind.

I see a few variables that are in this situation. Namely:

1.) Which Dry track did you go to? Somewhere you know very well?
2.) In Legend, the computer adapts to your fastest time when you cross the finish line. If you run really fast times, then so will it.

The main flaw I'm seeing in your experiments is that you're not keeping things constant. If you wanted to test the difference between two parts, you should at least keep the map, direction, and weather conditions the same.

There's also the FT part to consider. a Fully Tuned car is different from one that isn't. The fact that you're also crashing into corners tells me you're just not cornering correctly at all. If you were just nicking them because you made a mistake in your entry, I could understand.

I think at this point your focus should be on improving your driving, not the car or it's parts.

This post has been edited by DigiBunny on Nov 25 2011, 07:45 AM
cheongzewei
  Posted: Nov 25 2011, 09:26 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Went to tsubasi dry downhill/uphill. Though I don't know it very well, I do know how much it drifts in this map when in full tune before purchase (was a map where I practice to beat a npc I couldn't beat)
And especially in usui uphill, though that's only in one single corner...

The game modes are... original, another, and legend.
I went to original, the 3rd npc, right after 2 lake akina npcs...
Imagine your startup being slower then that guy, lol.

And perhaps.... though after trying it out for a bit, the way for 'drifty' bnr to clear corners was to just let go of the gas. This doesn't give me drift 'gold' though.

This post has been edited by cheongzewei on Nov 25 2011, 09:27 AM
jon360x
Posted: Nov 25 2011, 01:46 PM

Project-SS Trueno Driver

Member No.: 37,105

Saw your driving yesterday at Sunway. I drive AE86. level 75. I am 676767 small brother.

From what I know. BNR32 is a very hard car to drive for those who don't know how to drift properly yet. Try not to gas off alot and brake.

In initial D 6 AA

Its all about timing your drift right and executing it right.

Your execution should be timed before the start of the corner early before you enter it. Full turn your wheel. then let go gas. Tap the brake. Tap the gas. Let the car slide awhile. Then floor the gas on your way out.

Different corner has different method to drift into it. Also your steering.
Car parts does not affect performance at all supposedly. Although I do feel AE86 harder to drift with other tires except takumi's one. Or its my problem anyway. Car parts should not affect performance at all ._.

If we see each other next time I can show you how to handle the R32 (but I'm not very good myself oso with R32)
DigiBunny
Posted: Nov 25 2011, 03:18 PM

Reading is magic!

The third NPC is Iketani. He's scripted to be faster than you, and then he slows down later.
cheongzewei
  Posted: Dec 18 2011, 02:03 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Bumping this thread.

I've just tested, after swapping back and forth from first wheel with nismo white wheels....

First wheel has better grip, but nismo white has slightly better startup, and is slidier!

That's about it... (method of testing, usui c121 corner, first wheel requires breaking, nismo white requires gas off, gas on)
yakiniku
Posted: Dec 19 2011, 10:04 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 36,472

And just for your info, both methods are wrong to take the C121...So I guess you need to head back to the drawing board...No offense but you gotta drift to clear C121...
venth85
Posted: Dec 19 2011, 10:44 PM

Hello again~~

Member No.: 21,309

QUOTE (cheongzewei @ Yesterday, 2:03 AM)
Bumping this thread.

I've just tested, after swapping back and forth from first wheel with nismo white wheels....

First wheel has better grip, but nismo white has slightly better startup, and is slidier!

That's about it... (method of testing, usui c121 corner, first wheel requires breaking, nismo white requires gas off, gas on)

You were doing it wrong, you need to drift the C121, and exit at least 160+ km/h speed. And I swapped parts a lot, still can drive different cars with the same method.
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Dec 20 2011, 06:59 AM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

C121 needs at least 170+km/h exit regardless of which direction you are entering from.

And yes, again, you MUST to clear the drift C121. Regardless of which rim you are using. Attempting to grip through the corner will not be fast.

This post has been edited by Phoenix_Cypher_K1 on Dec 20 2011, 07:00 AM
cheongzewei
  Posted: Dec 21 2011, 08:38 AM

IDW Jr. Member

................ Yes, i do get the gold drift boost, bah let me go into detail.

first wheel
Usually at that corner, i enter at 180 or so from the most outside lane, turn, off gas, tap break, gas, and exit at 170 or so. I remember clearing the corner at 180 with the first wheel after entering 200+, though I can't really duplicate it.

Nismo white
enter, 180 ++, turn, let go of gas, car will suddenly 'steer further in' instantly full gas. No breaking at all. Clears it at 175, and taps the outer wall, 150~160+. Breaking, not gassing fully slams it into the inner wall. though.... that might be human error, but since i usually full wheel lock at that corner...

Edit:
No tune evo 10 is hilarious at this corner, no break, just full gas turn can pass.

Hmm....
Can you guys tell me how do you clear the corner? Also, with which cars?

This post has been edited by cheongzewei on Dec 21 2011, 08:39 AM
yakiniku
Posted: Dec 21 2011, 10:56 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 36,472

How do you enter C121 at 200km/h++? I've been playing for months and even GKRTS can't do that....

I think what you're experiencing is a placebo effect. Where do you usually play btw? That is if you're in Singapore....
Randy
Posted: Dec 21 2011, 06:39 PM

The Aspiring Sprinter

Member No.: 32,890

@cheongzewei

...I think I just literally headdesk all over myself on the rims detail....

I think you may need to clear your eyes just yet before you start posting up long yet ridiculous details. How in the bloody hell do you even enter a corner of C121 at 200KM/H for crying out loud...The closest I can ever do was around 175km/h or at best 177 something. facepalm.gif And that was EVEN when I was lucky enough.

I mean...200km/h? Dude...SERIOUSLY?! facepalm.gif Not even BOOST ON battles gave me that kind of boost when I tried chasing from behind 500 meters backward!

Also, I've driven a BNR32 so I can tell you this. They're stubborn and hard to control once a drift is initiated. Just don't steer around too much during a drift motion and you'll clear it just fine.

And those rims detail honestly...they don't do jack...if anything else, the only feel of your car's handling is slightly different, but they do NOT affect the performance of your car. They're there generally for VISUAL purpose only. So try not to go all logical detail on that part. This is ID6AA you're talking about here, dude. Once you initiate a DRIFT on corner, get the Gold sign and clear a corner, you get more boost. END OF STORY.

Rims, body, even freakin rear wings, they don't do JACK. They're just there for visual purpose only. It's the performance tuning that counts the most.

So there you have it.

Oh, and Gold Drift can only help you save the boost IF you managed to clear the corner without any HIT on the walls. Even a gentle tap on the rail during the drift will kill off your boost since speed penalty is SEVERE.

So, anything else you thought you might wanna ask again?

This post has been edited by Randy on Dec 21 2011, 06:42 PM
venth85
Posted: Dec 21 2011, 06:46 PM

Hello again~~

Member No.: 21,309

QUOTE (cheongzewei @ Today, 8:38 AM)
................ Yes, i do get the gold drift boost, bah let me go into detail.

first wheel
Usually at that corner, i enter at 180 or so from the most outside lane, turn, off gas, tap break, gas, and exit at 170 or so. I remember clearing the corner at 180 with the first wheel after entering 200+, though I can't really duplicate it.

Nismo white
enter, 180 ++, turn, let go of gas, car will suddenly 'steer further in' instantly full gas. No breaking at all. Clears it at 175, and taps the outer wall, 150~160+. Breaking, not gassing fully slams it into the inner wall. though.... that might be human error, but since i usually full wheel lock at that corner...

Edit:
No tune evo 10 is hilarious at this corner, no break, just full gas turn can pass.

Hmm....
Can you guys tell me how do you clear the corner? Also, with which cars?

I would like to see a video how you enter at 200 km/h whistling.gif or maybe you mistaken Akina lake for Usui? awesome.gif

This post has been edited by venth85 on Dec 21 2011, 06:52 PM
Randy
Posted: Dec 21 2011, 06:52 PM

The Aspiring Sprinter

Exactly what I thought...perhaps someone needs a translator along the game's course? troll.gif

This post has been edited by Randy on Dec 21 2011, 06:53 PM
DigiBunny
Posted: Dec 21 2011, 08:19 PM

Reading is magic!

Harsh, Randy.

How about this. cheongzewei. If you're so keen on giving us some kind of results from the difference between rims, know that we're not stopping you. However, you'll need to come back with more consistent results.

Give us an average of your times on Usui using a certain wheel, say five times or so, and then switch wheels.

From there, we can determine the amount of human error your experiment is dependent on by how far apart your times are within one wheel's runs.

If we can't see much of a change between the average time difference between the wheels, or your time variance between runs is unusually large, then I think we can say that your results are questionable and do not yet deserve merit.
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Dec 21 2011, 08:54 PM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

You saying you are entering C121 at 200km/h makes me wonder if we
a ) talking about the same corner?
or
b ) talking about the same course?

This post has been edited by Phoenix_Cypher_K1 on Dec 21 2011, 08:54 PM
•keL•
Posted: Dec 22 2011, 07:06 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 36,647

QUOTE (Phoenix_Cypher_K1 @ Yesterday, 8:54 PM)
You saying you are entering C121 at 200km/h makes me wonder if we
a ) talking about the same corner?
or
b ) talking about the same course?

none, he's talking about another game with the same course name; 'Usui' biggrin.gif
Randy
Posted: Dec 22 2011, 07:45 PM

The Aspiring Sprinter

QUOTE (•keL• @ 39 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
none, he's talking about another game with the same course name; 'Usui' biggrin.gif

Oh you...

user posted image

Anyway, getting kinda off topic here now...should stop for now.

ALSO!

Re-reading the posts, I've a feeling that this guy might be trolling us...troll.gif

Since WTF is there an UPHILL for Usui? LMAO

And he couldn't even bother to spell Tsubaki properly... whistling.gif

This post has been edited by Randy on Dec 23 2011, 01:21 AM