Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Sileighty Toujou

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,105  ·  Replies: 38 
> Initial D Time Tracker, Record your times!
Agent556
Posted: Jul 30 2011, 12:08 AM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,133

submit them anyway, just to be in the records lol. everyone had to start somewhere anyway
trap15
  Posted: Jul 30 2011, 12:38 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 37,648

Yes, all records are appreciated, no matter what the time is. A trial run is useless without any users, and it can't get better without the trial run.

It also helps to get a lot of records to see how scalable my implementation is.
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 30 2011, 02:36 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

I submitted all of my ID6 records even if most of them are terrible. I just have fun posting them in a format I guess and it would be helpful to the author:

Also trap, what do to think of the day/night indicator I suggested? I really think you should implement it as day and night is a factor during runs because affects lighting. It doesn't necessarily have to be a category like dry and wet (which are huge gameplay category differences). It can just be used to indicate what chosen circumstances the runner chose to run in. In addition, I think an auto/manual transmission indicator would be nice as well since not necessarily everyone uses manual even if most do.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 30 2011, 02:41 AM
trap15
  Posted: Jul 30 2011, 02:46 AM

IDW Member

Those both sound like good ideas. I'll add them to my TODO list, and probably get around to them in a few days; feel free to poke me if I haven't done them by Tuesday, either in this thread or PM, to make sure that I get them done.

I can get a bit forgetful/lazy/procrastinating sometimes tongue.gif
Lunar
Posted: Jul 30 2011, 07:37 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 6,456

Hey trap,

Just wanna say congrats on your work...the database is constantly improving now ..

It is much easier to input times now, and the edit feature sure is a helper lol
Plus, it is convenient to add videos or picture links ...very well done...

I added quite a few more times today, which I had way back when from Special Stage and ID3...

But as another suggestion, in order to be more convenient to know who's the fastest on one specific track, or overall...
If you can make the page default to one track, just like the old IR.
example:
When you entered the Ver.3 IR back then, it was defaulted at Myogi CCW Dry and it would always display the fastest time first regardless of car model, or date set. This is more convenient to quickly know who's the fastest on the track.

Your database right now automatically is defaulted to ''Car Descending'' and random tracks,(should possibly be defaulted to ''Time Ascending'') so it's kinda confusing to search and we gotta specify the search terms every time.

I dunno if that made any sense, but anyway, the database is already looking very fine...keep up the good work lol

This post has been edited by Lunar on Jul 30 2011, 07:41 AM
trap15
  Posted: Jul 30 2011, 08:51 AM

IDW Member

Thanks for the suggestion Lunar smile.gif

I wasn't on the Initial D scene back when the IRs were up for those, so I hope I can make it similar (though I guess I can just look at the IRs for Ver.5 and 6).

You can get somewhat close to what you're looking for by doing the Top 10, but I definitely see what you mean and I will try to do that along with SonicSP's suggestions within the week.

Thanks for the support and thanks for using EvoD smile.gif
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 30 2011, 10:05 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I think your doing a good job so far. Let's hope we can get more people to use it. happy.gif

I also would like to report an error I think I keep getting lately. If I overwrote a record using a different car, sometimes the record would show the new record but using the old car. This has happened to me twice already, specifically involving my ID6AA Nagao's DH records. The first time I overwrote it yesterday with a faster time using a GC8, the new record showed an 86T instead (which was the car that held the previous record). I managed to edit it no problem of course. Today I improve the record using an 86T and overwrote the old one but it appeared mentioning the GC8 using the new time I inputted (which was done by an 86T). Humans make mistakes, but I am quite sure I entered the car names correctly. Both cases, I had no problems editing it to put the correct cars after the initial error.

I'm not sure whether the problem is on my end or whatever but it happened to me twice in a short period so just thought I should mention it.

=========

Not a full suggestion, just an opinionated observation. I have been adding links to one or two of my times (working on the others; pictorial evidence for ID6 while videos for Street Stage) and I find that you check them by clicking the time. Maybe you would like to try another method to show the link, like a click here or something? Because the first time I checked it I spent 30 seconds looking for the link after adding the link. Just saying that I think the visual placement of it can be improved somehow though I have no full good ideas yet.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 30 2011, 10:19 AM
trap15
  Posted: Jul 30 2011, 12:16 PM

IDW Member

Oh! I never thought about that first case. I'll remedy that situation immediately (I know the exact cause smile.gif)

And I'll add that second thing to the TODO list as well. I put it on the time because I didn't want to take up any more horizontal space, but you do make a good point. I'll try to think about how to fix that.

EDIT: The problem is fixed.

This post has been edited by trap15 on Jul 30 2011, 02:17 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 30 2011, 10:57 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Another suggestion.

1) For Extreme Stage (PS3), you may want to add a "controller" indicator option because the game supports both the Six-axis controller as well as a few Logitech steering wheels. I assume times are going to be different based on controller used. It does not have to be a category, just an indicator. I do not know whether Special Stage for PS2 supports any wheel or not but if it does you may want to add that option for it as well.

2) How about adding one or two more link slots per record? Sometimes one may want to put of evidence to help increase validity somehow.

========

Possible Bug

Whenever I go to page with my phone, I always have to manually log in again. I do not know whether the problem is the site or my end but it is a bit unusual because my phone is already automatically logged in in other forums or places that I go including idforum.net.

It happens to my desktop occasionally as well.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 30 2011, 11:37 PM
Agent556
Posted: Jul 31 2011, 12:23 AM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

Member No.: 2,133

IMO, the full tune box should be automatically checked, since most people usually set their times with full tuned cars as opposed to stock or mid-tune
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 31 2011, 07:25 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (Agent556 @ 7 hours, 2 minutes ago)
IMO, the full tune box should be automatically checked, since most people usually set their times with full tuned cars as opposed to stock or mid-tune

Not with Street Stage. I do most of my runs without a FT car because upgrading cars in that game is a random luck based process.

EDIT

Sorry, I misunderstood the post. Thought you were suggesting taking away the checkbox completely. A check of the FT checkbox by default sounds like a good idea.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 31 2011, 08:11 AM
trap15
  Posted: Aug 17 2011, 02:35 AM

IDW Member

Sorry I haven't been around lately. I accidentally spilled Smirnoff all over my laptop and I've only recently gotten in fixed.
I'll hopefully have all the changes done sometime soon.

Sorry for the delay.
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 17 2011, 04:01 AM

Nagao Fanboy

It's cool, just glad your still working on it since have not heard from you in awhile.
trap15
  Posted: Aug 23 2011, 10:12 AM

IDW Member

Eegh, looking at my CHANGELOG, I see how long it's been since I last worked on this. Super sorry about that!

I just finished adding up a bunch of new features for you all, here's an excerpt from the changelog about what I've done:

23 Aug 2011
----------------
* Made FT checkbox on by default. Thanks Agent556.
* Moved URL links out of the time field into their own. Thanks SonicSP.
* Swapped Inbound and Outbound. Thanks Agent556.
* Modified ordering style on the main index. Thanks Lunar. Sorry it's not exactly what you said,
  but this should be close enough to satisfy most people.

Lunar, I don't think I got it perfectly on-spot with what you said, but it should be pretty close. I'm thinking what you're looking for is something like the Top 10 list I have.

This post has been edited by trap15 on Aug 23 2011, 10:13 AM

2 Pages  1 2