Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Never Throw Away

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,957  ·  Replies: 45 
> Working!!, "I like small things....."
r3d$unz
  Posted: Apr 21 2010, 04:43 PM

GRRRR...YO! Apachai daio~!!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,533

Set in a family restaurant in Hokkaido, the northern prefecture of Japan, 16 year old high school student Takanashi Souta works part-time along with his strange co-workers: Taneshima Popura, a high school girl who's a year older than Souta who's easily mistaken for a elementary/middle schooler, and Shirafuji Kyoko the 28-year old store manager who doesn't bother to do any work at all.

it's only on it's 2nd episode and already I'm really liking it, the interaction between the characters is a lot of fun to watch. Anyone else following this?

This post has been edited by r3d$unz on Apr 21 2010, 04:44 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Reomaru
Posted: Apr 21 2010, 04:49 PM

Eurobeat Music

Member No.: 27,840

i wanna see episode 3 now
i love yachiyo <3
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 21 2010, 09:20 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

I am following it too... I am really enjoying the series and am also reading the manga as it comes out... Good times...
Posted: Apr 25 2010, 09:21 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

im also following this and im enjoying watching the series. it just so funny to see all these exceptional people interact with each other. i dont think theres any normal other than the 2 managers or the customers in the anime series so far.
imprezagc8
Posted: Apr 25 2010, 08:31 PM

da true Hawaii GC8

Member No.: 14,482

seems funny. i'm not to sure what to expect next tho
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 26 2010, 12:01 AM

Someone made a speedsub of the latest episode and for the most part it seems to have been a decent job... With this episode it seems they have surpassed the first volume...
bROCKoLEE
Posted: May 1 2010, 12:47 AM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

Saw the first episode and I'm liking what i see. The show really reminds me and feels a bit like REC, coincidentally the heroines of each show look like each other too tongue.gif.

The manager reminds of a another character from a different series that i can't quite put my finger on at the moment, but they're definitely very similar to each other lol.
junetrish024
Posted: May 1 2010, 07:33 AM

The 5a.m.-coffee-drinking- Evo.IV-driver

Member No.: 20,298

Watched EP1... Liked it but don't want to hang myself too much so I'll wait til the whole season ends then watch it top-to-bottom...
BOZZ
Posted: May 1 2010, 09:52 AM

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ 9 hours, 5 minutes ago)
Saw the first episode and I'm liking what i see. The show really reminds me and feels a bit like REC, coincidentally the heroines of each show look like each other too tongue.gif.

The manager reminds of a another character from a different series that i can't quite put my finger on at the moment, but they're definitely very similar to each other lol.

Yeah, that's the final I get from the manager as well... hehehe...

Working is definitely the most enjoyable series of the lot that are running at the moment...
bROCKoLEE
Posted: May 2 2010, 06:41 AM

whut?

Now i know who the manager reminds me of!

A slight cross between the big sister in Ichigo Mashimaro (that "what a pain" type attitude) and Melissa Mao from FMP (the aggro part of her personality tongue.gif).

Saw eps 2 and I'm starting to realise what a bunch of misfits this restaurant is being run by ahha laugh.gif

EDIT:
The main character is such a pedo! lol tongue.gif

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on May 2 2010, 06:42 AM
BOZZ
Posted: May 2 2010, 08:23 PM

I dunno about him being a pedo... I think he literally just likes small things...

SPOILER

Episode 5 was pretty awesome! I really like Inami... fun character...
r3d$unz
  Posted: May 2 2010, 09:20 PM

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 56 minutes, 39 seconds ago)
I dunno about him being a pedo... I think he literally just likes small things...

SPOILER

Episode 5 was pretty awesome! I really like Inami... fun character...

SPOILER
bROCKoLEE
Posted: May 4 2010, 05:53 AM

whut?

Yea I know and do realise he did say that and all, but you can't deny he's behaviour does get downright creepy and borderline pedo at times tongue.gif

Still stuck on eps 2 so i havn't seen the explanation behind he's behaviour yet. Inami is okay don't love her, don't hate, her jokes were a little overused in eps 2 i felt though.
?wha?
Posted: May 4 2010, 06:37 AM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

Ep 5 is released subbed, though it looks like 5 different groups or something are subbing it at the same time.

Gotta love Jun and his saucepans biggrin.gif
Godot
Posted: May 4 2010, 07:55 AM

Aka FC3SSavannaIII

Member No.: 17,363

Just watched Ep 4, XDD and Inami sure loves to beat the living crap out of Souma XDD.
bROCKoLEE
Posted: May 9 2010, 11:25 PM

whut?

Saw eps 4 and his 2nd sister, Izumi needs more screen time haha laugh.gif

And it looks like the whole restaurants is pretty much run by a dysfunctional bunch of people tongue.gif. Only normal person (so far lol =P) is probably just Jun and i hate to admit this, but the loli-senpai as well lol.
Chidoki
Posted: May 9 2010, 11:27 PM

Fictional Compiler

Member No.: 3,699

I did start to watch this show a week ago when i saw this thread...funny part is all the otaku friends I work with also happened to be watching this show and none of us knew we were all watching it until someone brought up the topic. I'm currently on episode 4.
BOZZ
Posted: May 10 2010, 10:17 AM

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ Today, 3:25 AM)
Saw eps 4 and his 2nd sister, Izumi needs more screen time haha laugh.gif

And it looks like the whole restaurants is pretty much run by a dysfunctional bunch of people tongue.gif. Only normal person (so far lol =P) is probably just Jun and i hate to admit this, but the loli-senpai as well lol.

The latest episode will definitely fill your craving... smile.gif

About Souta...

SPOILER

r3d$unz
  Posted: May 11 2010, 09:37 AM

This is becoming my favourite anime of this season so far (not like theres much competeton) Though I do feel the need for the introduction of more males to balance out the mostly female cast laugh.gif
BOZZ
Posted: May 11 2010, 11:48 AM

Heh, yeah there aren't really a whole lot of male characters in the series.... but the ones that are there are still pretty awesome...
bROCKoLEE
Posted: May 19 2010, 05:20 AM

whut?

Well there's the actual Boss who pops in every now and then. Although he's more like an actual human beat-stick than a proper boss relatively speaking tongue.gif
Posted: May 19 2010, 08:12 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ 2 hours, 51 minutes ago)
Well there's the actual Boss who pops in every now and then. Although he's more like an actual human beat-stick than a proper boss relatively speaking tongue.gif

though id say he's really lucky to be the only normal person in the anime so far. Takanashi isnt exactly normal himself with his thing for small cute items/people.
BOZZ
Posted: May 19 2010, 09:29 AM

Anyone with me on the latest episode sort of being a let down...?
Posted: May 19 2010, 10:01 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

i wouldn't say ep 7 was a let down. it was still rather enjoyable with that character. it didnt do as well as previous eps but it wasnt anything close to a trainwreck.
BOZZ
Posted: May 19 2010, 11:32 PM

QUOTE (207 @ 1 hour, 31 minutes ago)
i wouldn't say ep 7 was a let down. it was still rather enjoyable with that character. it didnt do as well as previous eps but it wasnt anything close to a trainwreck.

True, but it just wasn't as funny and the parts that were came across as a bit awkward... Episode 6 by far is the best due to Inami's nervous reaction to Souta's oldest sister... that stuff was pure gold!

2 Pages  1 2