Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Burning Desire (New Generation Remix)

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

94 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 156,678  ·  Replies: 2,340 
> The New Nissan GTR
d3v
Posted: Sep 27 2007, 01:51 AM

DFV! The engine of champions!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,296

QUOTE (MG starion @ Today at 1:48 AM)
this GT-R seams like a Reno with a big engine and a nissan badge, whatever happened to the days when fast cars were based on race cars, if they had planned on entering GT1 with a version of this car then id be interested,

But you don't get Reno's with suspensions by Lotus and engines by Cosworth now do you.
MG starion
Posted: Sep 27 2007, 02:03 AM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,401

thats why i said like wink2.gif

i just dont like these sports car's by the budjet and marketing departments,
d3v
Posted: Sep 27 2007, 05:15 PM

QUOTE (MG starion @ Today at 2:03 AM)
thats why i said like  wink2.gif

i just dont like these sports car's by the budjet and marketing departments,

I don't know how you can call the GT-R a car by the budget and marketing department.

Edit:
It looks like the GT-R has the show all to itself as Honda wont be revealing the production version of it's next gen Acura supercar at Tokyo (instead revealing another concept).

This post has been edited by d3v on Sep 27 2007, 06:20 PM
Tomiya Takato
  Posted: Sep 28 2007, 12:02 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 11,663

25 days more till debut
chain_smoking_gc8
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 10:54 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,715

kind of off topic, but does anyone know if the nismo Super GT team would use the gtr next year or still using the z?
EA11R
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 03:30 PM

coffee break anyone?

Member No.: 15,978

Now, I'm afraid of being called a fanboy, but I think I'll take the latter example. I honestly can't imagine one of the best Japanese cars arriving in America completely unmolested (note, that isn't sexual). I imagine they will dilute it with more comfortable and safe suspensions, oodles of sound insulation, more safety, (higher weight) and engine alterations to please the 'save the trees' crowd. That said, I believe it is already plenty diluted already; high power may be compensating for cornering performance, as in many American or Luxury cars, and, since many cars, GT-R included, gain wieght with every chassis change, I imagine well over 1600kg car for America and exactly 1600kg elsewhere. That said, it will be a nice car, but American availability and the passage of time (Engineers say "More weight? No problem! More power!") will make it much worse than the non-American GT-Rs. Though it will be entertaining to see it with rediculous price increases at the Infiniti dealers, followed by very large price drops as the car stops selling almost completely. Remember, if the NSX taught the world anything, it was this: Americans do not want expensive Japanese cars!
d3v
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 05:58 PM

More unofficial lap timing reports.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/22/round-1...advantage-gt-r/
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/25/but-wai...gunning-for-th/

This post has been edited by d3v on Sep 28 2007, 05:59 PM
Tomo
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 08:40 PM

Retired old man

Member No.: 9,983

did you guys catch this tiny little detail about the GTR?

...that this car WON'T BE AVAILABLE WITH A MANUAL TRANSMISSION?
d3v
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 09:02 PM

QUOTE (Tomo @ Today at 8:40 PM)

DSG style flappy paddle, works fine with me.

Besides, you ahve to remember that my current, most favoritest car in the world, the one vehicle I'd give my soul and a half to have, that stunning beauty queen that is the Aston Martin DB9, works best with a flappy paddle automatic.
DK_2
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 10:30 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

QUOTE (Tomo @ Today at 8:40 PM)

WTF. Even though I won't be able to drive till like 4-5 years from now that sucks.
am3pkcet
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 10:40 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Member No.: 2,853

QUOTE (Tomo @ Today at 9:40 PM)

its not like anyone on this forum could actually afford to buy one anyway laugh.gif
peemyTNBow
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 11:07 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (EA11R @ Yesterday at 3:30 PM)
Now, I'm afraid of being called a fanboy, but I think I'll take the latter example. I honestly can't imagine one of the best Japanese cars arriving in America completely unmolested (note, that isn't sexual). I imagine they will dilute it with more comfortable and safe suspensions, oodles of sound insulation, more safety, (higher weight) and engine alterations to please the 'save the trees' crowd. That said, I believe it is already plenty diluted already; high power may be compensating for cornering performance, as in many American or Luxury cars, and, since many cars, GT-R included, gain wieght with every chassis change, I imagine well over 1600kg car for America and exactly 1600kg elsewhere. That said, it will be a nice car, but American availability and the passage of time (Engineers say "More weight? No problem! More power!") will make it much worse than the non-American GT-Rs. Though it will be entertaining to see it with rediculous price increases at the Infiniti dealers, followed by very large price drops as the car stops selling almost completely. Remember, if the NSX taught the world anything, it was this: Americans do not want expensive Japanese cars!

If americans did not want expensive japanese cars, lexus, infiniti and acura would not be doing so well as they are, and keep in mind that even though the NSX did not sell as much, the 60,000 dollar Supra, and 90,000 NSX did play their part in the USA.

And Current japanese emissions are just as strict or stricter than overall/average USA Standards (California excluded). Most tuned up street cars in japan have had/even more so now JASMA MEMBERSHIP (equivalent of say CARB Stickers). JASMA approved parts are basically street legal modifications so to speak.

I am sure they will make the car with the option of either a V160 GETRAG 6 gear transmission or a new 6 speed all unique to this car.

Even though it sucks that this car is heavy, but Nissan has always been a hard hitter when it comes to japanese performance machines, and i am sure this will do something good. The worse thing that could happen is that this car gets insulted by GTR purists and clumped along with the supposedly "failed" R33 GTR. Large, heavy and powerful, makes for a great highway assualt car, just like the R33 and Supra.

This post has been edited by BmwNeoType on Sep 29 2007, 11:09 PM
am3pkcet
Posted: Sep 30 2007, 01:42 AM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

actually, if the NSX tought us anything, its that people dont want to pay nearly 100,000$ for an underpowered, outdated, decade-and-a-half old car that had long since been surpassed by all of its competition, and was struggling to compete in power with cars 1/3 its price.
d3v
Posted: Sep 30 2007, 01:51 AM

If the NSX taught us anything, it's that the Japanese can go and make something that can threaten the Europeans (*cough*cough*ferrari*cough*) enough to make them stand up and change what they're doing.
am3pkcet
Posted: Sep 30 2007, 01:59 AM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

ferrari were probably shaken up more in the 60s by ford then they ever were by the NSX.
MidnightViper88
Posted: Sep 30 2007, 02:04 AM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

QUOTE (d3v @ Today at 4:51 AM)
If the NSX taught us anything, it's that the Japanese can go and make something that can threaten the Europeans (*cough*cough*ferrari*cough*) enough to make them stand up and change what they're doing.

That argument's only good for, what, the first couple years of the NSX's life?

The old cliché "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" doesn't exactly work for a car that essentially stays on the market for 15 years unchanged in the face of a growing and evolving competition...Honda may have comparitivly made Ferrari look cheap in quality at first, but towards the end of the NSX's life when Ferrari actually came out with newly competetive cars, they made Honda look like a bunch of lazy asses... rolleyes.gif
d3v
Posted: Sep 30 2007, 02:18 AM

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ Today at 1:59 AM)
ferrari were probably shaken up more in the 60s by ford then they ever were by the NSX.

But the NSX was the wake up call that Ferrari couldn't just slap their badge on anything and sell it.

Now if only Honda had continuted developing the car.
Tomiya Takato
  Posted: Sep 30 2007, 02:25 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 11,663

http://rocketpunchautoblog.blogspot.com/20...rmed-floor.html

650 usd$ just for the floormat + fking stop with the arguements already if u wanna argue go and make a topic and argue the fk outta it

This post has been edited by Tomiya Takato on Sep 30 2007, 02:28 AM
MidnightViper88
Posted: Sep 30 2007, 02:37 AM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

QUOTE (d3v @ Today at 5:18 AM)
Now if only Honda had continuted developing the car.

After-the-fact comment, null.

tongue.gif
awdrifter
Posted: Sep 30 2007, 04:03 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 15,255

I can't wait. Definitely going to get a used one in a few years when they are down to the $30k range.
peemyTNBow
Posted: Sep 30 2007, 07:32 AM

Unregistered

They are in the 28,000 range for the 92-93 NSXs. When im looking to buy my next car next year i will consider it. It is not the fastest, but def an overall fun and great car! But i still love the FD, too... we shall see.

The NSX was a fun, reliable, and practical sports car to compete with ferraris who were not exactly practical and reliable. In 1992 when 280 horsepower was a lot, the NSX was not exactly "underpowered". But due to the 280 hp regulation, and the fact that the car was naturally aspirated, its not exactly easy to just bump up the power levels so they developed the chassis and suspension to the point where tuners could just bump up the power and have a great car. I personally believe the NSX is a great value for 80,000 even new. Power is ok, that car has enough road presence alone.

This post has been edited by BmwNeoType on Sep 30 2007, 07:38 AM
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Sep 30 2007, 07:54 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 25,374

First of all, the NSX DID shake things up because it was such a strong competitor to Ferrari and Porsche at the time of its release, as it was easier to drive than both companies' current offerings (348 and 911/964) while being just as good of a performer and competitively priced. And a decent amount of people did want to pay its big pricetag during its first year.

The fall of the NSX occurred because both Ferrari and Porsche struck back quickly with the much better engineered F355 and next-generation 911, respectively... both of which made huge jumps in capability compared to their predecessors. On top of that, NSX revisions came very slowly, and the model was left relatively unchanged over twelve years. Even with the bigger V-6 that it got in 1997 (usually after that period of time, the whole car gets replaced rather than getting a bump in displacement), it wasn't nearly enough.

So it's not that it was a bad car or anything by any means, it's just that Honda was too focused on profiting on the massive sales of Accords and Civics through its constant R&D (good for business) rather than further developing its halo car that feeds the souls of car enthusiasts (bad for image)... consider it the complete opposite of what GM had been doing with the Corvette and the rest of their lineup.
MattW
Posted: Sep 30 2007, 08:59 AM

VOLVO For Life.

Member No.: 23,273

God the new GT-R is ugly.
FinToy-83
Posted: Sep 30 2007, 10:45 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,568

2008 GT-R > BMW 130i 2 door hatch/135i coupe > 2008 Impreza. in that order. wink2.gif
Tomo
Posted: Sep 30 2007, 10:50 AM

Retired old man

Member No.: 9,983

QUOTE (awdrifter @ Today at 7:03 AM)
I can't wait. Definitely going to get a used one in a few years when they are down to the $30k range.

you're going to be waiting at least 5 years to even remotely be close to the 30k range on one of these.

94 Pages  1 2 3 4 »