Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Speedman - Speed Lover (Movie Size)

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

25 Pages  « 22 23 24 25  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 105,564  ·  Replies: 613 
> Initial D anime licensed by Funimation, Funimation to re-dub all stages
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 14 2013, 03:36 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (BURN_BABY_BURN @ 3 hours, 13 minutes ago)
I don't suppose there's any news on a Funi Fifth Stage dub?

It would need to be licensed before dubbing work could even begin. Since no one's announced any international licenses......do the math. tongue.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BURN_BABY_BURN
Posted: Aug 15 2013, 02:16 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,955

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 3:36 AM)
It would need to be licensed before dubbing work could even begin. Since no one's announced any international licenses......do the math. tongue.gif

Oh, right. I just thought with the movie being announced and all they might've started work. Guess not.
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Aug 16 2013, 07:45 AM

Move it, bucko

Member No.: 2,311

I dunno if it's even done well enough for them to do the rest. Even with the relatively short length of Fifth Stage it would cost quite a bit to dub.

Would be neat if they did the new movie but I'm not holding my breath.

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on Aug 16 2013, 07:45 AM
Dr_Jun
Posted: Oct 28 2013, 07:51 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 42,211

Just thought I'd mention, did anyone one else notice that Funimation's english dub uses the original jpn sounds effects while the jpn audio has altered sound effects?? I am re-watching my old jp dvd's and the sound effect are altered on Funi's jpn audio, but the english dub retains the original sound effects??? Bugs me a lot now that I've noticed since it would be nice to have the original audio in its entirety..

Does anyone know why they did this change? Watch the scene were Nakazato chases down Ryosuke in the first stage or when Keisuke and Wataru race in second stage, switch back and forth between sub and dub and you'll see what I mean.
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 28 2013, 08:56 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Dr_Jun @ 1 hour, 4 minutes ago)
Just thought I'd mention, did anyone one else notice that Funimation's english dub uses the original jpn sounds effects while the jpn audio has altered sound effects?? I am re-watching my old jp dvd's and the sound effect are altered on Funi's jpn audio, but the english dub retains the original sound effects??? Bugs me a lot now that I've noticed since it would be nice to have the original audio in its entirety..

Does anyone know why they did this change? Watch the scene were Nakazato chases down Ryosuke in the first stage or when Keisuke and Wataru race in second stage, switch back and forth between sub and dub and you'll see what I mean.

I was just re-watching that scene in both the dub and sub (Nakazato vs Ryosuke) and it doesn't seem different at all unless I am really missing something. Then again, I have noticed weird discrepancies between the dub and sub, for example in Fourth Stage one of the opponents is a rally driver and he says a line about rally racing but in the sub it appears as Ferrari racing.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Oct 28 2013, 09:29 PM
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 29 2013, 08:26 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Today, 12:56 AM)
... for example in Fourth Stage one of the opponents is a rally driver and he says a line about rally racing but in the sub it appears as Ferrari racing.

I suppose "ra ri" and "fe ra ri" sounded close enough. awesome.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 29 2013, 11:07 AM

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 2 hours, 40 minutes ago)
I suppose "ra ri" and "fe ra ri" sounded close enough. awesome.gif

It's just weird how they had it as "rally" in the dub but they have "Ferrari" in the sub.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 29 2013, 01:14 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Dr_Jun @ Yesterday, 8:51 PM)

Can you be certain your JP DVDs are legit?

I can't really help since my DVDs are TokyoPOP instead of FUNimation (except for Third and Fourth Stage) but it would honestly surprise me if they actually made any changes.
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 29 2013, 01:42 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 27 minutes, 50 seconds ago)
Can you be certain your JP DVDs are legit?

Even if they're bootlegs, how can you explain a difference in audio tracks? I would imagine the only way SFX could be changed among the main tracks would be if you had the masters... something I highly doubt bootleggers would possess.

What he's saying is that the Funimation dub contains the same SFX as on the original Japanese release, yet on the same Funimation discs, when you select the Japanese audio, the SFX are actually different and not in fact original. This indicates Funimation as being the source of the changes (why they would do that, I have no idea).

This post has been edited by kyonpalm on Oct 29 2013, 01:46 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 29 2013, 01:46 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 4 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
Even if they're bootlegs, how can you explain a difference in audio tracks? I would imagine the only way SFX could be changed among the main tracks would be if you had the masters... something I highly doubt bootleggers would possess.

Bootlegs could have compression--my old bootleg of Battle Stage was a great example of how bad something can be. Sure, the R2 DVD wasn't too much better, but the bootleg did have some A/V issues. It wasn't a 1:1 copy of the R2...which is I think what you're assuming is what's going on.

It's possible that this person's JP discs are using 2.0ch compressed audio, whereas the FUNi discs are using the remastered 5.1 audio and what he's hearing isn't actually 'changed' sound but rather more sound than you could originally hear. As I've already mentioned, I don't know what his JP discs are and I don't own the FUNi versions of First and Second Stage so I can't confirm that.
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 29 2013, 01:49 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 minutes, 58 seconds ago)
It's possible that this person's JP discs are using 2.0ch compressed audio, whereas the FUNi discs are using the remastered 5.1 audio and what he's hearing isn't actually 'changed' sound but rather more sound than you could originally hear. As I've already mentioned, I don't know what his JP discs are and I don't own the FUNi versions of First and Second Stage so I can't confirm that.

That's one possibility. Hopefully he'll be able to look into this himself and tell us.
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 22 2013, 11:28 AM

I am nearly done watching what's available on Netflix and I am really digging the English audio dub, I watched all of Fourth Stage in English audio, with the exception of minor issues with the script.
E30Six
Posted: Nov 27 2013, 12:15 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 37,622

THIS THREAD HAS DERAILED.

WHERE IS THE LICENSING FOR 5TH STAGE?!
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 27 2013, 12:46 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (E30Six @ 30 minutes, 50 seconds ago)
WHERE IS THE LICENSING FOR 5TH STAGE?!

Nowhere. When it exists, you'll know.
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 28 2013, 12:10 PM

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Yesterday, 4:46 PM)
Nowhere. When it exists, you'll know.

I wonder if it'll ever happen, I can't imagine that Funimation made a lot with their release of Initial D in the first place.
fujito10
Posted: Apr 17 2017, 09:42 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 47,812

Do the sound effects differ in Fourth Stage?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 23 2017, 07:55 AM

QUOTE (fujito10 @ Apr 17 2017, 01:42 PM)
Do the sound effects differ in Fourth Stage?

AFAIK the sound effects are the same, only in the Tokyopop version were sound effects changed.
fujito10
Posted: May 11 2017, 10:52 AM

IDW Expert Member

Tokyopop not only botched what could've been a so-so dub, but they also botched the Japanese audio. That same track was carried onto the Funimation release, where only their in house dub did not alter the true sounds. It's ironic, too, that the Japanese dub is the one all should go after.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 11 2017, 04:41 PM

ShiMACHaze

How so? Can you possibly provide an example?
fujito10
Posted: May 13 2017, 03:50 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ May 11 2017, 04:41 PM)
How so? Can you possibly provide an example?

Here's a clip I found on Youtube that is from the Tokyopop release (all the unnecessary extra transitions), and containing the mangled JP track (the same track that got carried over to Funimation's JP track):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYVJF8Ou2j8

Now here's a link to the same episode from the Funimation release, but contains all the sfx that the true JP track has (I.E., the Funimation dub contains all the unaltered sfx; starts at around 4:51):
http://kissanime.ru/Anime/Initial-D-First-...id=72192&s=beta
(Warning: hide all ads first before watching)

Lemme know if you hear any differences. The trick is to have good ears.
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 14 2017, 10:26 AM

ShiMACHaze

>extra unnecessary transitions
Yeaaaaaaaaaaah I think I'll just go hunting for my DVDs and compare instead. I can't be sure of where that guy got his audio from or how it was ripped.
Tessou
Posted: May 14 2017, 12:17 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

Methinks your ears are fooling you into thinking you found something that isn't there.
AUSyTyIN
Posted: May 15 2017, 04:27 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 48,092

I own official copies of both Tokyopop and Funimation. I could check this out if someone wanted.
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 15 2017, 05:19 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (AUSyTyIN @ 52 minutes, 33 seconds ago)
I own official copies of both Tokyopop and Funimation. I could check this out if someone wanted.

Please do, it would be greatly appreciated. For science! cool.gif
AUSyTyIN
Posted: May 15 2017, 05:50 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 48,092

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 30 minutes, 17 seconds ago)
Please do, it would be greatly appreciated. For science! cool.gif

Will do, and will post up what I find.

25 Pages  « 22 23 24 25