Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Painless PAIN

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 4,253  ·  Replies: 14 
> Arakawa Under the Bridge, Stupidly Hilarious
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: May 1 2010, 01:21 AM

whut?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 6,453

Arakawa Under the Bridge
user posted image

QUOTE (Story Synopsis)
MY WORDS
What if i told you it's about a guy who through a series of stupid circumstances is thrown under a bridge where he endures massive amounts of stupidity from all the wacky nut jobs that also live under this stupid bridge with him. The whole point of the show is that he could just as easily walk away from all this idiocy but he can't because he's too much of a moron to let himself do so. It's literally 5 minute snippets into this one mans world as it comes crashing down upon him over and over again, all because he's too stupid to just up and leave.

WIKI's WORDSLinky
The series tells the story of Kou Ichinomiya, a man who has accomplished many things all by himself. Ever since he was little, his father has taught him one rule: to never be indebted to another person. One day by accident, he falls into a river and almost drowns. A girl by the name of Nino rescues him and in turn he owes her his life. Unable to accept the fact that he is indebted to her, he asks her about a way for him to repay her. In the end she tells him to love her. This is the beginning of Kou's life living under a bridge. However, as Kou starts to learn, Arakawa is a place full of weirdos and all of the people living under the bridge are what society would call, "denpasan" (someone disconnected from society).

Torrents @ animesuki

New show this season packed full of fun and laughter. The show's so whacked out I don't even know how to even begin describing. Closest I can come up with is try to think of that FLCL girl, now almost everybody in this show is pretty much a weirdo like her. With such a dysfunctional cast, hilarity just naturally ensues laugh.gif. Very highly entertaining... well for me it is, your mileage may differ but the show's worth a shot at the very least imo. Especially when you've got characters looking like these dudes:
user posted imageuser posted image
See that "Sister" with all them guns and garness in the 2nd pic? That's Ryosuke. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on May 19 2010, 06:29 AM
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: May 19 2010, 06:10 AM

whut?

Awwww, don't tell me no ones watching this or at least remotely interested?
It's seriously one of, if not, the best show this season imo. Hilarious as hell.

What if i told you it's about a guy who through a series of stupid circumstances is thrown under a bridge where he endures massive amounts of stupidity from all the wacky nut jobs that also live under this stupid bridge with him. The whole point of the show is that he could just as easily walk away from all this idiocy but he can't because he's too much of a moron to let himself do so. It's literally 5 minute snippets into this one mans world as it comes crashing down upon him over and over again, all because he's too stupid to just up and leave laugh.gif

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on May 19 2010, 06:27 AM
mystery_penguin
Posted: May 19 2010, 03:54 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,717

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ 9 hours, 43 minutes ago)
Awwww, don't tell me no ones watching this or at least remotely interested?
It's seriously one of, if not, the best show this season imo. Hilarious as hell.

What if i told you it's about a guy who through a series of stupid circumstances is thrown under a bridge where he endures massive amounts of stupidity from all the wacky nut jobs that also live under this stupid bridge with him. The whole point of the show is that he could just as easily walk away from all this idiocy but he can't because he's too much of a moron to let himself do so. It's literally 5 minute snippets into this one mans world as it comes crashing down upon him over and over again, all because he's too stupid to just up and leave laugh.gif

I watch it thanks to my brother.
I couldn't stop watching it with him, btw
SPOILER

EDIT:
I didn't realize that they were going to put in a plot for this show! (episode 7 ending [called ep 52 in the show])

This post has been edited by mystery_penguin on May 19 2010, 03:58 PM
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: May 20 2010, 02:40 AM

whut?

I was thinking exactly the same thing.
I mean plot progression? With Arakawa?! Blasphemy!! tongue.gif

And yea for those who havn't seen it yet. It's literally been like 60 episodes since it started laugh.gif (It's still seven proper 24min episodes though, so to speak lol).

Hoshi/Star is easily my favourite character, he never ceases to amaze me laugh.gif
SPOILER

Good to see at least one other person around here is watching the show happy.gif Thanks for reminding me I'm not the only crazy one around here penguin tongue.gif
Posted: May 20 2010, 09:57 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

im following this series, it kind of reminds me of seitokai no ichizon but only more bizarre. im not bothering to follow the manga at all so i dont ruin any surprises. hoshi is a good character but i dont know which i like better: star, stella or maria. sister is a bit disturbing but he pales in comparison to porylin (crystal blaze, one of the few series i totally dropped). some scenes are a bit too fast paced like texts similar to bakemonogatari but the rest is is paced just fine.

This post has been edited by 207 on May 20 2010, 10:00 PM
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: May 23 2010, 02:25 AM

whut?

Main reason why i like Sister so much is because he shares the same voice actor as Takahashi Ryosuke, which is just like having your ears cleaned with gold every time he talks. And seriously how could you ever say no to a Nun with Guns?! laugh.gif

Come to think of it Arakawa's got some pretty impressive voice cast working on this show:

Also ran into this little image too that gave me a little chuckle. Those who've seen Clannad, Haruhi and/or know the voice actor for Kyon should find it a little amusing too laugh.gif
user posted image

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Jul 21 2010, 05:00 AM
Saint
Posted: Mar 8 2011, 07:21 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

I just started watching this recently. It's stupidly hilarious! I laughed a lot when watching. XD

Mass in 5 seconds. Lol.
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: Mar 11 2011, 08:37 PM

whut?

"Everyone who's bad raise your hand!"
"I see none, Mass over!"

I like how despite having such a nice bed, she decides to sleep in the beds bottom drawer instead hahaha

laugh.gif

A little best of compilation reminding me how funny the show actually is happy.gif
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTnmpMYdMZ0 )
Saint
Posted: Mar 14 2011, 11:08 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

It cracked me up when Maria tried to provoke Sister laugh.gif :

"Suffocating"
"Sorry"
"Annoying"
"Sorry"
"Cross-dresser"
"Sorry"
"Pervert"
"Sorry"
"Lolicon"
"Sorry"
"Good for nothing"
"I apologize"
"Old hag"
"Sorry"
"Self-centered"
"I'll reflect on it"
"Voodoo"
"Sorry"

"... You're so boring"
"Sorr-.........."

*blood gushes out* XD

Just done season 1. Every episode's been funny. laugh.gif

I kinda enjoy seeing Chief/Mayor in real life. LMAO when he scared the shit out of the kids in episode 8. XD

Just started season 2, now I see Hoshi in real life. Lol. Hope there's another season.

Just realized the mangaka is the same as the one who did Saint Young Men. It's such a small world after all. laugh.gif

-------------

I love the seiyuu lineup in this series; Shiro's voice (same guy as Jiraiya in Naruto) is special and I love P-Ko's voice~ :3 Saito Chiwa (Stella) was also noteworthy.

-------------

Season 2 wasn't as funny though... Their jokes were getting repetitive. Was hoping for some closure by the ending.

My deductions from Season 1 and 2:
SPOILER

This post has been edited by Saint on Mar 20 2011, 06:06 AM
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: Mar 26 2011, 12:33 AM

whut?

Yea i really like how beneath all the insanity and wacky humour, the show still manages an underlying plot, gradually playing it out little by little.

My thoughts on the show:
SPOILER

I'm kinda half-tempted to read Saint Young Men as well, but I'm kinda awaiting the day it gets turned into an anime so i can watch it then. Maybe when my patience runs dry i'll read it lol tongue.gif

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Mar 26 2011, 12:38 AM
Saint
Posted: Mar 26 2011, 11:24 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

As much as I enjoy it so far (still reading due to the shitty Internet line), I don't think it'll be out in anime, because I guess religious fanatics might be offended by it. tongue.gif
SPOILER
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Mar 27 2011, 05:21 AM

Point Guard

Member No.: 33,736

Haha, I'm never a fan of the stupidly-funny kind of anime, but I might give it a shot to listen to Takehito Koyasu..... tongue.gif

*Edit* I've watched the first two episodes... I think I really like Kou a lot, but my fav one has to be Sister..... I'm in love with him!!! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by kou yuuzhen on Mar 27 2011, 11:10 PM
bROCKoLEE
  Posted: Apr 8 2011, 07:19 PM

whut?

So er.... they're making a Live Action drama + movie out of AutB pinch2.gif

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=3556631

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Apr 8 2011, 07:19 PM
Saint
Posted: Apr 8 2011, 07:35 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Ah that would be interesting.

I hope they don't change the characters in it, cos they're the very definition of AutB. laugh.gif

Curious if they're gonna use CGI to animate the mask facial movements.
Saint
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 09:17 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Interesting stuff I found just now:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Arakawa_Under_the_Bridge

No Kappa... :/

Update: Just realized it's been subbed and released. There is Kappa! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Saint on Mar 18 2012, 05:39 AM