Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Go2 - Gotta Go

Views: 4,225  ·  Replies: 1 
> MySQL Database Data Lost, Data Missing: Apr.12th - Apr.19th
Perry
    Posted: Apr 19 2004, 09:51 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

As unfortunate as it comes, the server crashed around 6:45 PM - 7:30 PM DST (Daylight Saving Time) today. After the server got back on, all the data created after April 5th is lost. That includes membership, posts, threads, PMs ... etc, basically everything created after April 5th are gone. The board is back to how it was when it's April 5th. I sent an urgent email to my host. Here is the reply.

QUOTE (patrickb)
After the reboot, Mango's databases disappeared. Nothing is present in the directory at this time. We are working to restore all users databases from backups, but the backups that are good are from April 5th. Please stay tuned and we will post once this process is complete. I am sorry for the troubles.

EDIT: Apr 19, 2004 11:28 PM EST
All of the databases should be restored now. If you are still missing any of your databases, then email support@surpasshosting.com with the names of the databases you are missing so they can be restored. Again, the only good backups were from April 5th, so all data has reverted back to that date. This whole mess was caused by a file corruption problem on that partition. Once the server was rebooted, it wiped that contents of that partition.

QUOTE (Perry)
Hi, this is rather urgent, so I am going to be short to the point. My website (idforums.net) hosted on Mango server is down today around 6:45 PM ~ 7:30 PM DST (Daylight Saving Time) After the server is back on, I notice that everything has been put back to how it was when it's April 4th. I am just wondering where did those 15 days of data go ? I checked the MySQL database, the tables seem to intact, but everything has put back to April 4th. I really need those data back, they are really important.

EDIT: I just read the thread in the forums about the situation for Mango. (http://www.surmunity.com/showthread.php?t=1984) Does that mean any data after April 5th is lost ? That isn't really good. : ( because there are a lot of data created in the past 15 days since my website is a forums. Posts are made constantly by members and membership is created constantly because lots of people sign up. One last question, though, is there any other way to restore to where it was just before it went down ? Thank you for your attention.

QUOTE (Eric B.)
Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Unless you have downloaded backups of this yourself, there is not away to restore from a more recent date.

Regards,
Eric

Luckily, I made a backup of the database on April 12th myself. So the forums is restored back to how it was when it's April 12th. Still, everything made after that date are gone. So if you signed up after the date April 12th, you'll have to register again. If you have any problems, complaints, questions about this incident, please post them under Feedback & Support forums or the currently pinned thread under Off-Topic Stuff. I hereby apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

P.S. - Estimated Loss: 30 Members, 120 Threads, 1,500 Posts.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Alex
Posted: Apr 20 2004, 12:18 PM

OG Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 111

Perry, you the man for that backup on the 12th, it's almost like you can predict the future, lol. I'm not too worried about 8 days of post loss. But hey, 8 days is just over a week, and in a weeks time, some important posts could have been made, some maybe not so important. But damn, in 8 days, ~30 members joined, ~120 threads made, and ~1,500 posts made?! CRAZY!
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums