Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Just Flat Out

Rules and Policies
Please remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

AS Section Announcement : This subforum has been renamed to Community and General Chat from the previous name Tournaments / Teams / Locations due to the recent changes in AS section. This section will serve as a general chat forum for the Initial D Arcade Stage community from now on. By general chat, we mean topics that are not related to the game itself such as the latest tournaments, places to hang out, discussion about a certain gamer.. etc. Make yourself comfortable posting here. One last thing, NO flaming and NO spamming.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 16,538  ·  Replies: 142 
> Expanding IDAS5 Exp Ver 2 in Malaysia
hongaun
Posted: Jul 28 2010, 03:08 AM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,407

Well, QBM PG is still running Exp v1. I don't think they are going to upgrade anytime this year, or at all.
*j*j*
Posted: Jul 28 2010, 07:44 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 26,358

QUOTE (hongaun @ Today, 3:08 AM)
Well, QBM PG is still running Exp v1. I don't think they are going to upgrade anytime this year, or at all.

@honguan > hey bro waz up? surprised to find u in here tot u r aredi retired from IDAS laugh.gif
hongaun
Posted: Jul 30 2010, 12:20 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 27,407

Stopped playing long time already. but sometimes go to arcade while waiting for movies. QBM still more ppl play idas3, maybe cuz its cheaper haha. tongue.gif
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Aug 26 2010, 12:54 AM

Point Guard

Member No.: 33,736

Why can't I find the V5 cabs in Times Sq? I went to the arcade place and saw just the V3 ones, the apek there say the new ones haven't arrived... or maybe I went to the wrong place? dry.gif
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Aug 26 2010, 01:03 AM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

QUOTE (kou yuuzhen @ 8 minutes, 59 seconds ago)
Why can't I find the V5 cabs in Times Sq? I went to the arcade place and saw just the V3 ones, the apek there say the new ones haven't arrived... or maybe I went to the wrong place? dry.gif

There's 2 arcades with V3 there....the bigger one has V5.
Saint
Posted: Aug 26 2010, 01:04 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

QUOTE (kou yuuzhen @ 10 minutes, 22 seconds ago)

You probably haven't gone next door. Lol. There are two arcades next to each other in TS. The one you went to is probably the small one, which doesn't have the cabs. Heck, I've never even stepped into that one ever since it opened. laugh.gif

Try again the next time you come here. Go next door!
LETS*
Posted: Aug 26 2010, 03:59 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 34,407

That also happened to me when I was looking for the TS arcade. =.=
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 27 2010, 01:50 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

QUOTE (lembu82 @ Jul 27 2010, 03:03 AM)
yeah, weird market there, id3 rm2/game still got lots of kiddos pump in the tokens there...

guys mind to list out ID5's locations in Malaysia?

KL
Berjaya Times Square's Cobay 2 [2.0]
Leisure Mall's Fireworks 2 [2.0]
Wangsa Walk's Cobay 2

Selangor
Sunway Pyramid's CYC Mega Leisure 6
Mid Valley's Holiday Planet 2
IOI Mall's Holiday Planet 2
The Summit's Cobay 2
The Mines's Cobay 2

how about other states?

Queensbay Mall's CYC Mega Leisure?
Gurney Plaza?
Sunway Karnival?
Kulim Landmark Central's CYC Mega Leisure?
that's for the north, how about south?

One Utama shopping complex (Selangor) has a Cobay arcade that has 2 as well, though they're not 2.0 like the TS ones.
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Aug 27 2010, 07:54 PM

Point Guard

Member No.: 33,736

QUOTE (Saint @ Aug 26 2010, 05:04 PM)
You probably haven't gone next door. Lol. There are two arcades next to each other in TS. The one you went to is probably the small one, which doesn't have the cabs. Heck, I've never even stepped into that one ever since it opened. laugh.gif

Try again the next time you come here. Go next door!

Wait, you mean the next door arcade with the colourful lights??? I thought that part is for kids!!! laugh.gif
Ah well..... looking forward to Ryosuke challenge.. shifty2.gif
Akii
Posted: Aug 27 2010, 07:57 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,416

You mean the event where some random CPU come challenges you before entering the main menu?
Erm... EXP 2.0 dosen't have that feature.
Saint
Posted: Aug 28 2010, 06:41 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

QUOTE (kou yuuzhen @ Today, 3:54 AM)
Wait, you mean the next door arcade with the colourful lights??? I thought that part is for kids!!! laugh.gif
Ah well..... looking forward to Ryosuke challenge.. shifty2.gif

That arcade does provide games for kids as well. After all, arcade's meant for fun, regardless of age.

There's a merry go round machine that was just brought in today. Lol.

If only they are ID cars, instead of horses and carriages... Hmm... :3
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 28 2010, 09:32 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I go to BTS Cobay arcade everyweek (and once today) and I didn't notice the new merry go round.....hmmmmm I should pay more attention.

I did notice the new Taito Elevator themed lightgun game not far from one of the IDA5 and Daytona machines though, which has been for around 8 days or so.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 28 2010, 09:34 AM
Saint
Posted: Aug 28 2010, 09:46 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 14 minutes, 38 seconds ago)
I go to BTS Cobay arcade everyweek (and once today) and I didn't notice the new merry go round.....hmmmmm I should pay more attention.

I did notice the new Taito Elevator themed lightgun game not far from one of the IDA5 and Daytona machines though, which has been for around 8 days or so.

Oh if you don't usually lurk at the DDR (or something like that) games area, you won't have noticed it. It's pretty small and dull in appearance, near the 'balcony' facing the rollercoaster area. Try looking for it. I myself never noticed it until a friend mentioned about it today.
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 28 2010, 04:15 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Oh I see what area your referring to. Yeah, I rarely hang around that part of the arcade, since I usually play Daytona and IDA which is more to the center.

----------

Regarding, the V2.0 issue I may have only started IDA only recently but I see what the issue is about. I wish the One Utama arcade would have upgraded theirs as well since that one is near where I live (and where I practice more often). I wonder if its really that expensive?

The doubly fast upgrade cycle is nice and the avatars too.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 28 2010, 04:16 PM
lembu82
Posted: Aug 28 2010, 05:58 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 34,806

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 1 hour, 42 minutes ago)
Oh I see what area your referring to. Yeah, I rarely hang around that part of the arcade, since I usually play Daytona and IDA which is more to the center.

----------

Regarding, the V2.0 issue I may have only started IDA only recently but I see what the issue is about. I wish the One Utama arcade would have upgraded theirs as well since that one is near where I live (and where I practice more often). I wonder if its really that expensive?

The doubly fast upgrade cycle is nice and the avatars too.

the chance is slim as:
1. they dont even bother to fix the machine, left machine's steering alignment is weird, plus gear box for both machines are not working properly.
2. D6AA will be release soon, why bother to upgrade?
tkrd48
Posted: Aug 28 2010, 06:39 PM

IDAS5 Team GT

Member No.: 34,011

QUOTE (lembu82 @ 40 minutes, 57 seconds ago)
the chance is slim as:
1. they dont even bother to fix the machine, left machine's steering alignment is weird, plus gear box for both machines are not working properly.
2. D6AA will be release soon, why bother to upgrade?

Don't be to happy about IDAS6AA I doubt that here in North region of Malaysia there would only be 2 cab or none, if it were to buy the new cab it would probably be at Gurney or Queen's Bay Mall. Why I say this... cause you could see that they the CYC do not even care to bought the exp 2.0 cab... from what I know the exp 2.0 cab at KL is bought not upgrade... Here what will happen if IDAS6AA came to Malaysia or rather KL, the IDAS5 Exp 2.0 will be replace by it and will be transfer to the north region, so we here at Penang & Kedah will get the IDAS5 Exp 2.0 that is my assumption....
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 13 2010, 10:43 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Interesting.......you have to buy the Ver 2.0 anew???

Ouch, now I an understand the reluctance.......I just with Ver 1.0 upgrade was much faster with the tuning. Oh well, I needed to sharpen my skills greatly anyway since I'm new ID player.

But the feeling of upgrading fast at BTS sure is good. happy.gif

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 13 2010, 10:44 AM
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Sep 13 2010, 06:18 PM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

The 2 EXP 2.0's in Malaysia is actually because the arcades bought new machines, and EXP 2.0 came with it. I don't think they make EXP1.0s anymore.

This post has been edited by Phoenix_Cypher_K1 on Sep 13 2010, 06:44 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 01:45 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I guess I see. So they're just new machines huh rather than an upgrade kit. I'm guessing they just move the older 1.0 machines somewhere.

Good for BTS business I guess that they have it.
XxKadajxX
  Posted: Oct 7 2010, 08:43 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 34,567

ANNOUNCEMENT!!

IDAS6 AA is coming to Sunway Pyramid, Selangor!!

user posted image
lembu82
Posted: Oct 7 2010, 09:03 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 34,806

QUOTE (XxKadajxX @ 20 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
ANNOUNCEMENT!!

http://initiald.sega.jp/ind5/img/news/news10082701.png

how about you do that again when it is really available at sunway pyramid?
no one likes to recommend people to visit butik store that with outdated shirt
CaleX
Posted: Oct 7 2010, 11:32 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 32,651

Wow, its been so long since I posted anything here, and I post very little actually.. laugh.gif

Well, I think the main reason why many arcades did not go for the 2.0 upgrade is because of mainstream players. Just think, lets say you don't know heck about ID5, would you see the diff between 1.0 and 2.0? I don't think so. Yet the arcade has to shell out (from what I heard) a few grand on the upgrade. And yet, most people see it as the same old machine!

ID6AA, on the other hand, its brand new. With the big 6 on it instead of 5, everyone sees it as new. So its most likely that the arcades that has cash will get those quick. Like sunway for example.

Btw, I'm really dissappointed with the CYC arcade at Sunway Carnival Mall in Penang though.. I went there not long after the complex just opened a few years back, and when I saw the arcade it had FOUR cabs of shining new IDAS4. I was like, wow! You don't see many arcades with more than 2 cabs of ID4/5.

Now? Only 1 functional IDAS5 v1 cab? Why CYC? sad.gif
tkrd48
Posted: Oct 8 2010, 12:18 AM

IDAS5 Team GT

Member No.: 34,011

QUOTE (CaleX @ 46 minutes, 17 seconds ago)
Wow, its been so long since I posted anything here, and I post very little actually..  laugh.gif

Well, I think the main reason why many arcades did not go for the 2.0 upgrade is because of mainstream players. Just think, lets say you don't know heck about ID5, would you see the diff between 1.0 and 2.0? I don't think so. Yet the arcade has to shell out (from what I heard) a few grand on the upgrade. And yet, most people see it as the same old machine!

ID6AA, on the other hand, its brand new. With the big 6  on it instead of 5, everyone sees it as new. So its most likely that the arcades that has cash will get those quick. Like sunway for example.

Btw, I'm really dissappointed with the CYC arcade at Sunway Carnival Mall in Penang though.. I went there not long after the complex just opened a few years back, and when I saw the arcade it had FOUR cabs of shining new IDAS4. I was like, wow! You don't see many arcades with more than 2 cabs of ID4/5.

Now? Only 1 functional IDAS5 v1 cab? Why CYC? sad.gif

Cause back in the day of IDAS4 a lot of ppl play it. Now there r very few who still play... That the reason they don't even care to repair it. If the cab is repair it can't play In store battle since the little black box is also broken... Now if you come to Penang the place to play is either Queen's Bay mall or Gurney Plaza...

This post has been edited by tkrd48 on Oct 8 2010, 12:19 AM
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Oct 8 2010, 03:03 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (XxKadajxX @ 6 hours, 19 minutes ago)
ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Three cheers for Sunway Pyramid and IDAS6AA! (Hip hip hooray)x3 !!!

XxKadajxX, so that means you're a player in SP?
stormfox
Posted: Oct 10 2010, 06:00 PM

Underdog Nutcase

Member No.: 32,096

QUOTE (XxKadajxX @ Oct 8 2010, 12:43 PM)
ANNOUNCEMENT!!

oh??

wheres the news from?

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 »