Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing move - Break in2 the nite

Rules and Policies
Please remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

AS Section Announcement : This subforum has been renamed to Community and General Chat from the previous name Tournaments / Teams / Locations due to the recent changes in AS section. This section will serve as a general chat forum for the Initial D Arcade Stage community from now on. By general chat, we mean topics that are not related to the game itself such as the latest tournaments, places to hang out, discussion about a certain gamer.. etc. Make yourself comfortable posting here. One last thing, NO flaming and NO spamming.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

6 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 16,539  ·  Replies: 142 
> Expanding IDAS5 Exp Ver 2 in Malaysia
XxKadajxX
  Posted: Jul 20 2010, 12:23 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,567

For a long time now, I had waited for the machines there to be upgraded. Ever since the Arcade Stage 5 Exp Ver2 shown up on Leisure Mall..

And until today, its still the 1st version. I'd asked the arcade owner of Midvalley about the upgrade. He said, the reason he doesn't want to upgrade it it is because there isn't a market anymore.

Simply people start to stop playing IDAS.

I've asked the owner in Sunway and he said; if there is a market for IDAS. He'll definately upgrade.

So for Malaysian players. Mind helping me in my cause? Like try to create a market again and make the owners upgrade their machine.

If not, owners everywhere will start selling away their machines.. Then we won't have ID to play in arcades anymore. T.T

This post has been edited by XxKadajxX on Jul 24 2010, 08:52 AM
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jul 20 2010, 12:57 AM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,284

QUOTE (XxKadajxX @ 33 minutes, 48 seconds ago)
For a long time now, I had waited for the machines there to be upgraded. Ever since the Arcade Stage 5 Exp Ver2 shown up on Leisure Mall..

And until today, its still the 1st version. I'd asked the arcade owner of Midvalley about the upgrade. He said, the reason he doesn't want to upgrade it it is because there isn't a market anymore.

Simply people start to stop playing IDAS.

I've asked the owner in Sunway and he said; if there is a market for IDAS. He'll definately upgrade.

So for Malaysian players. Mind helping me in my cause? Like try to create a market again and make the owners upgrade their machine.

If not, owners everywhere will start selling away their machines.. Then we won't have ID to play in arcades anymore. T.T

I think all of us are trying our best to bring EXP 2.0 here given we (at least I know a lot of players in BTS and Leisure Mall do).

The problem is as much as we want to help, how do you want us to bring the market to Sunway? They are still on 1.0 machines, and none of us who's already playing 2.0 can even go there and play (card is non-backwards compatible). There's not much of a reason to play on a 1.0 machine :/

At the very least get them to upgrade a pair or two first.....

This post has been edited by Phoenix_Cypher_K1 on Jul 20 2010, 01:01 AM
ishida
Posted: Jul 20 2010, 03:45 AM

Puppet Master

Member No.: 35,836

If they don't upgrade , then who would play? because a lot of peoples already play ver2.0... should tell the owners about the reason why they have to upgrade it..... i think they don't understand the reason why nobody plays..... dry.gif
*j*j*
Posted: Jul 20 2010, 05:26 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 26,358

sighhh ... same place old problems ... if the arcade managers/owners doesnt want to come to their own senses and do their own research then what u expect us (players) to do ... mad.gif

go and bang on their tables n shout at them ... Sunway arcade owners were the 1 that was bla bla bla about getting the latest games, etc N now they still hanging on to the IDV5 Exp Ver 1.0 with 6 cabs ...

n they still doesnt know whats happening dry.gif if u happen to talk to them again pls ask them to wake up wink2.gif coz players who's already playing 2.0 CAN'T even go there and play (card is non-backwards compatible). There's not much of a reason to play on a 1.0 machine whistling.gif
ishida
Posted: Jul 21 2010, 02:14 AM

Puppet Master

Member No.: 35,836

ya , that is so true... nobody even plays ver 1.0 anymore since peoples cards are all ver 2.0's... except for people who doesn't know that theres a 2.0 machine... dry.gif
Saint
Posted: Jul 21 2010, 03:57 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

Maybe some of them have troubles/inconvenience going to Leisure Mall or TS, so they stick to 1.0 at their local arcades. I believe they're more than happy to convert into 2.0 if their arcades are willing to upgrade. Avvy, auras and rank ftw!

But then again, it's all business; the arcades need to be convinced of profit if they were to upgrade, which will be reflected from the number of players who come everyday (which I suppose isn't very convincing at the moment lol).

But as mentioned, if they stick to 1.0, they'll remain stagnant, yet if they switch to 2.0, they won't be certain about the profit either. It's a huge gamble to them, considering the cost of the machines/software, so I kind of understand their positions from their point of view.

I think TS and Leisure Mall arcades now have an advantage over other malls', though, because they have steady 2.0 customers (since there're no other 2.0 places in Malaysia!).
nlik
Posted: Jul 23 2010, 06:59 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 19,069

How much does it actually cost to upgrade the cab to 2.0??

It's just a software patch i think. Or is Sega Charging a very hefty price for it?
XxKadajxX
  Posted: Jul 24 2010, 08:25 AM

IDW Member

Here is something really dumb.. For a while now, I've noticed some weird looking machines just outside of Sunway's arcade.

At first it looked like some Dance Dance Revolution Machines but disassembled.

Then until a week ago, I saw about 8!! of those.. war-like, card-moving, strategy, ancient china game!! with two LCD screen as promo!!

WTF!?!?

They can afford to buy those instead for a single software patch for the IDAS machines!!

Dumb peoples..

Btw, I've heard that the software ain't cheap.. But still 8 new mega looking machines with 2 LCD screens!!
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jul 24 2010, 08:37 AM

You can try to ask them to try upgrading 2 or 4 machines to 2.0...it doesn't hurt to try sleep.gif'' if they know TS and LM is having brisk sales in terms of ID.
XxKadajxX
  Posted: Jul 24 2010, 08:51 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Phoenix_Cypher_K1 @ 13 minutes, 26 seconds ago)
You can try to ask them to try upgrading 2 or 4 machines to 2.0...it doesn't hurt to try sleep.gif'' if they know TS and LM is having brisk sales in terms of ID.

I'll probably try, the next time I'm there.. at Sunway. LM is just too congested, too many people are playing there.

So where do you normally play?
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jul 25 2010, 08:46 AM

Times Square...

Well put it this way, last time me and my team used to play at Sunway on Saturday nights because it's the only place with more than 2 machines. Naturally, since now they don't have 2.0...we dont go there anymore.
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Jul 26 2010, 07:34 AM

Point Guard

Member No.: 33,736

QUOTE (XxKadajxX @ Yesterday, 12:51 AM)
I'll probably try, the next time I'm there.. at Sunway. LM is just too congested, too many people are playing there.

So where do you normally play?

I think the people in LM are only there for the 2.0.... to be honest the arcade there is so small sweatingbullets.gif so yeah I think they made the right choice there by upgrading

I'll stop by the TS arcade the next time, never been inside the arcade before. Finally, V5!!! laugh.gif
nlik
Posted: Jul 26 2010, 08:34 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 19,069

IOI mall just got their IDAS 5 exp recently. Only2 machines and probably 2nd hand from another arcade but it's also not v2.0.

This post has been edited by nlik on Jul 26 2010, 08:35 AM
*MOON*
Posted: Jul 26 2010, 10:32 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 35,997

I really hope MV arcade can import V2.0, becoz I seldom play in downtown. But the arcade owner still don't mind doing that, and tell us that they couldn't get the profit!!
lembu82
Posted: Jul 26 2010, 05:00 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 34,806

QUOTE (nlik @ 8 hours, 25 minutes ago)
IOI mall just got their IDAS 5 exp recently. Only2 machines and probably 2nd hand from another arcade but it's also not v2.0.

word says that they are from Sg Wang's Holiday Planet.
So Sg Wang officially no more arcade center?
*j*j*
Posted: Jul 26 2010, 07:38 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (*MOON* @ 9 hours, 5 minutes ago)
I really hope MV arcade can import V2.0, becoz I seldom play in downtown. But the arcade owner still don't mind doing that, and tell us that they couldn't get the profit!!

Holiday Planet > hopeless arcade company ... juz doing this as cover up for their "unlegitimate" businesses ... so forget bout getting the V5 upgraded ... dry.gif

u can look around their other games all of them r old versions n in crappy conditions ... talk about profits my FOOT mad.gif
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jul 27 2010, 02:31 AM

QUOTE (kou yuuzhen @ Yesterday, 11:34 PM)
I think the people in LM are only there for the 2.0.... to be honest the arcade there is so small sweatingbullets.gif so yeah I think they made the right choice there by upgrading

I'll stop by the TS arcade the next time, never been inside the arcade before. Finally, V5!!! laugh.gif

Not really, for an arcade with really outdated games (save for ID5) it has a lot of people, especially on weekends.
Akii
Posted: Jul 27 2010, 03:01 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,416

QUOTE (nlik @ Yesterday, 8:34 AM)

So, IOI ID4 has been converted to ID5? Or is the ID4 machine still there?
BTW, i wonder if the machines are from Sungai Wang, I wonder if it's still uncaliberated. dry.gif

This post has been edited by Akii on Jul 27 2010, 03:07 AM
lembu82
Posted: Jul 27 2010, 03:03 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 34,806

QUOTE (Phoenix_Cypher_K1 @ 31 minutes, 11 seconds ago)
Not really, for an arcade with really outdated games (save for ID5) it has a lot of people, especially on weekends.

yeah, weird market there, id3 rm2/game still got lots of kiddos pump in the tokens there...

guys mind to list out ID5's locations in Malaysia?

KL
Berjaya Times Square's Cobay 2 [2.0]
Leisure Mall's Fireworks 2 [2.0]
Wangsa Walk's Cobay 2

Selangor
Sunway Pyramid's CYC Mega Leisure 6
Mid Valley's Holiday Planet 2
IOI Mall's Holiday Planet 2
The Summit's Cobay 2
The Mines's Cobay 2

how about other states?

Queensbay Mall's CYC Mega Leisure?
Gurney Plaza?
Sunway Karnival?
Kulim Landmark Central's CYC Mega Leisure?
that's for the north, how about south?

This post has been edited by lembu82 on Jul 27 2010, 03:22 AM
Joshima
Posted: Jul 27 2010, 03:46 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 33,827

Well. Im just a info leacher for this past few years from IDAS3 till now. My place here only popular with DXplus. sigh. Ok, lets straight to the point what im going to say.

I live in Sabah kota kinabalu. To be honest, entire Sabah i recon ONLY have Four IDAS5 EXP version...think...2 IDAS5 for entire Sabah. some ppl say that "wow must be alot of ppl playing then" and in the end of the day, only 2 real player playing it. Others just CANT keep up to the IDAS5 physic. After that, they just boo at the game and run off.

Second thing is that the popular place for IDAS5 is away from city around 20KM. Thats the place where me and my friend play. The only 2 players that know the physics for the game. Well the another two of em are crap. With entire arcade store that i think not even more than 50 ppl play per day. I know. Cause i camp there.

And now i did tell the manager bout IDAS5 upgrade would bring more players come to play cause the function almost back to IDAS3 battle lv with aura. well, time to dream bout it then. So think, u guys are lucky out there. having opponent to play with. For me here, stuck with the only known player. Others, i count at least 200m+ after CP3. Sigh.
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jul 27 2010, 05:10 AM

QUOTE (Akii @ 2 hours, 9 minutes ago)
So, IOI ID4 has been converted to ID5? Or is the ID4 machine still there?
BTW, i wonder if the machines are from Sungai Wang, I wonder if it's still uncaliberated. dry.gif

Sg Wang machines have been calibrated for a while already....
LETS*
Posted: Jul 27 2010, 04:32 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 34,407

QUOTE (lembu82 @ Yesterday, 6:03 PM)
how about other states?

Queensbay Mall's CYC Mega Leisure?
Gurney Plaza?
Sunway Karnival?
Kulim Landmark Central's CYC Mega Leisure?
that's for the north, how about south?

Queensbay Mall, Gurney Plaza and Sunway Karnival all have 2 ID5 cabs.
tkrd48
Posted: Jul 27 2010, 05:22 PM

IDAS5 Team GT

Member No.: 34,011

QUOTE (LETS* @ 50 minutes, 38 seconds ago)
Queensbay Mall, Gurney Plaza and Sunway Karnival all have 2 ID5 cabs.

Correction LETS* the Sunway Carnival cab only have 1 cab functioning and to add there 1 more place to play at Village Mall Sungai Petani Kedah have 2 IDAS5 cab....
*j*j*
Posted: Jul 27 2010, 07:32 PM

IDW Goldmember

i m surprised with the numbers of active m'sian idnet forumers here ... smile.gif

looks good up north with the number of arcades that have V5 hopefully all can b upgraded to 2.0 ... as i can recall down south mahkota parade, malacca n city square, JB have V4 cabs dunno if they been upgraded or not ... dry.gif

cheers to all m'isan IDAS players grin2.gif
LETS*
Posted: Jul 27 2010, 09:04 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 34,407

QUOTE (tkrd48 @ 3 hours, 41 minutes ago)
Correction LETS* the Sunway Carnival cab only have 1 cab functioning and to add there 1 more place to play at Village Mall Sungai Petani Kedah have 2 IDAS5 cab....

blink.gif I see...but originally there were 2, now only 1 works right? So far only been to Queensbay and Gurney, not sure about Sunway.

6 Pages  1 2 3 »