Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Get Your Engine Going

Rules and Policies
Please remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

AS Section Announcement : This subforum has been renamed to Community and General Chat from the previous name Tournaments / Teams / Locations due to the recent changes in AS section. This section will serve as a general chat forum for the Initial D Arcade Stage community from now on. By general chat, we mean topics that are not related to the game itself such as the latest tournaments, places to hang out, discussion about a certain gamer.. etc. Make yourself comfortable posting here. One last thing, NO flaming and NO spamming.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

14 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 23,584  ·  Replies: 346 
> Rochester, NY Ver.3 - 50 cents!, At new anime store (Hammergirl Anime)!
McMasters
  Posted: Jun 30 2005, 08:05 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,358

Hammergirl Anime (on Jefferson Rd., in Jefferson plaza, by RIT) has IDv3, normally for 75 cents, but it is 50 cents for an opening special - plus, I might keep it on 50 cents permanently if it gets popular.

I'm the owner, and we are looking for some good players so the new folk can watch, battle, and learn. Please don't trash talk / mess with the other person's controls, though - the arcades around here are known at times for really mean kids, and we don't want that at our store, you know? smile.gif

www.hammergirlanime.com

This post has been edited by McMasters on Jun 30 2005, 08:10 PM
KeNgai_rcrZero
Posted: Jun 30 2005, 09:14 PM

Reigning and Defending

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 625

......socal has been .50c ALL ALONG!!!! O_O!!!
Excel
Posted: Jul 1 2005, 10:26 AM

Snake is Sony's lone hero

Member No.: 4,625

Thats good for east coast though... too bad its 6 hours away from me =_=
tehmarken
Posted: Jul 7 2005, 02:05 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 9,892

i love this place wink2.gif
im up here for college, and back in the Dc area every machine is $1 per play, and theres very few v3 around.
not ot mention its a new machine, so ppl need to start setting time attack records!
J2.0
Posted: Jul 9 2005, 09:36 PM

2.0? wtf is that?

Member No.: 6,414

no 50 cent plays here, not even 75 cents. its $1 over here and NY is 4 hours away.
sakuraskyline
Posted: Jul 21 2005, 09:10 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 5,393

yeah 50 cents is VERY good for east coast, maybe next jersey trip, ill come up, and to the guy who said he played in DC, where did you play, and what machines did you know of, theres only a city place and westfield shoppingtown that i know of =((((((
wolfdemon
Posted: Oct 11 2005, 01:48 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 13,269

I love this shop I plat here like four times a week . Real cool place , great place to just chill and watch anime . tehmarken do you play up there alot , what do you drive . My name is Frank (demon) Black FD . But any ways People in rochester need to go here and play , especially you RIT folks

This post has been edited by wolfdemon on Oct 12 2005, 07:59 AM
L.I. Phantom
Posted: Oct 11 2005, 02:18 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 4,651

That's cool. Actually makes me wish I wasn't stuck on Long Island. Every place I see has IDAS at $1 a game (well, the only place that has ver. 3 that is, I only know of one other place on the island that has an ID cabinet, and it's a ver. 2).
EvilTaxi
Posted: Oct 15 2005, 02:42 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 1,231

Mmmmm, anime....
Phantom_R32
Posted: Oct 16 2005, 10:09 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

$.50 here. It use to be a $1.00 till 2 months ago... dry.gif but now it's $.50 w00t2.gif
admiralhonshu
Posted: Jan 12 2006, 11:19 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 3,739

If it is still there, I'll come over to play from Toronto,Canada. wink2.gif
Tomo
Posted: Jan 12 2006, 11:21 PM

Retired old man

Member No.: 9,983

it's still there. i'll be there on saturday for the tournament XDDD
admiralhonshu
Posted: Jan 12 2006, 11:25 PM

IDW Prime Member

Wont be able to make it for the tournament, but I should be there Tuesday. Canadian wants to challenge, Winner beats me on both sides of USUI gets a prize. smile.gif Of course best out of 3. smile.gif

If someone can provide me with a map there, I will be really appreciative. smile.gif

What are the most busy hours there with most racers?

This post has been edited by admiralhonshu on Jan 12 2006, 11:32 PM
Tomo
Posted: Jan 12 2006, 11:39 PM

Retired old man

donno im not a local. I'm from albany which is like 3 hours away rofl but I make it out there once a month or so because I love the store so much XD the machine recs on usui there are pretty bad if i recall correctly, noone really plays it what do you run?
admiralhonshu
Posted: Jan 12 2006, 11:46 PM

IDW Prime Member

Tofu. smile.gif Well I run an 180sx Auto. 2:51 Usui CW

I'll be there tues if someone is there to race. smile.gif

This post has been edited by admiralhonshu on Jan 12 2006, 11:48 PM
wolfdemon
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 06:15 AM

IDW God Member

The big days of racing are usually Fri and Sat . Some times sunday but the shop has a FMA tourny that day so it quiet if you just come in and run some TA . The owner runs a ID tourny each month , it switchs from individual and team each month . Like this month Jan is the the team tourny , next month should be the individual . I think it would be cool if some canadians came down , we have a TOMO coming in all the way from albany just to play .
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 11:50 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Oh man, I play there all the freakin' time! Yeah, this Saturday at 5 PM is a team tournament, and I'll be participating with PARIS and JIN. My card'll be reading KAZUO... it's my brother's FD, but I really needed a better car until I can tune up mine. ^-^;

Unless it snows on Saturday, in which case I may be forced to use my GC8V.

Honshu, man, Tuesday? I'd be happy to race you!

Tomo, can't wait to see you, man! Cool meeting IDForums people at a local IDAS tourney. ^-^

P.S. The Usui records suck? I'll have to TA it, then... o.o;

AFK47 has a Capp now... I have this feeling it's just so he can prove that he's the best. >.>

Yeah, enough ranting. Hammergirl rocks!
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 14 2006, 07:55 PM

ShiMACHaze

Sorry for the double post, but I figured that tournament results should get their own post.

Participants were:
Team Nübs
Team What
Team Warriors
Team Slackers

Team Slackers won. Again. XD; Congratulations to all of you!

Team Nübs (Myself as Kazuo, Paris, Jin) came in last... out of two races, I won the first against one of Team Slackers' guys on Tsuchizaka Outbound (blind attack yo!), then lost to a guy on Team What on Tsuchizaka Inbound. Considering the car I was using was my brother's FD with less than 300,000 points on it... I feel pretty cool about the results.

And now I've got an Initial D hat. XD;;

If I had my laptop I'd report more specifics... but like... bleh... -.-;
Tomo
Posted: Jan 15 2006, 04:03 PM

Retired old man

sorry to correct you, but we beat team slackers =D I was on team what? I think you have things confused, I beat AFK47's rx8 with the my evo V. I didn't know which one you were, not that you said you drove that yellow FD I know now! Next time I will come up and properly introduce myself.
wolfdemon
Posted: Jan 15 2006, 05:20 PM

IDW God Member

Nomake Wan , Tomo is correct What was first , Slackers second , My team the warriors third and Team Nübs fourth . The tourny was great , I cant belive the races that night , it was awesome . I cant wait for next month for the individual tourny . Nomake Wan , Tomo are you guys coming next month , it will be great to have some other people thier . And maybe it will even be snowing at the start of the tourny , I love akina snow .

Tomo you gunna post some of the vids you took ? And thanks on akina UH I think ive got that turn down .
Tomo
Posted: Jan 15 2006, 05:39 PM

Retired old man

let me know what the date is I might be out there for it... ya XLR8 did a GREAT job of not hitting record for 4 races including our Happo OBW and tron vs. me on tsu OB, but I still got some decent stuff on film I'll see when I can get some time to edit and post them up.
admiralhonshu
Posted: Jan 15 2006, 08:19 PM

IDW Prime Member

Wont be able to make it Tuesday, have a doctors appointment for my right ankle, had pulled the ligament, and torn it abit. Looking forward to Friday though since I even booked it off. Hope to see you guys there, when do you guys show up? One thing though I suck! I drive auto.

There is a problem, I dont belong to a team. I suck that bad.

This post has been edited by admiralhonshu on Jan 15 2006, 08:29 PM
Hash
Posted: Jan 16 2006, 06:14 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 15,262

What ever happened to 25 cents?
Stupid inflation, maybe if the goverment lowered taxes, raised the minimum wage and stayed out of other countries problems, then the price of everything will go down....

Wish it was .50 here lol

This post has been edited by Hash on Jan 16 2006, 06:14 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 16 2006, 08:27 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (admiralhonshu @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM)
Wont be able to make it Tuesday, have a doctors appointment for my right ankle, had pulled the ligament, and torn it abit. Looking forward to Friday though since I even booked it off. Hope to see you guys there, when do you guys show up? One thing though I suck! I drive auto.

There is a problem, I dont belong to a team. I suck that bad.

I drive auto as well, and that team was a spur-of-the-moment deal. They needed a third person and I was there. XP

Friday, eh? Cool! I've got classes Monday-Thursday, but Friday is free all day! Heck, I might even be able to bring my bro along if I'm lucky.

Normally I go around 5, though.
Excel
Posted: Jan 17 2006, 05:51 PM

Snake is Sony's lone hero

Member No.: 4,625

How many people usually enter these tournaments, and how much is the pot usually? I might come with Tomo sometime XD. Most likely not gonna happen, but theres a slight chance I will grace you wtih my presence XDDD

14 Pages  1 2 3 »