Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Live with You

Important Rules
user posted image

• Post everything about Initial D Extreme Stage in this section.
Do not create new threads that have already been covered by pinned threads. This may result in a verbal warning.
Do not post fake times in the time attack thread. If we find out about it, it will result in an actual warning.
• Bring about your discussions on personal opinions (cars, courses, etc.) in a civil manner. Flaming and/or baiting will not be tolerated and may result in a verbal warning. Subsequent offenses will result in an actual warning.

ATTENTION: Initial D Extreme Stage works globally online, but only on the Japanese version.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 5,281  ·  Replies: 12 
> PS2 Initial D games?, For US PS2 Consoles
TruenoJoe
    Posted: Jun 24 2010, 11:11 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,813

Hey does anyone know of any Initial D ps2 games for the US consoles? Because I really can't seem to find one or else I wouldn't be asking. I found some Japanese versions but I wouldn't be able to understand the stuff and I want to understand it completely to fully enjoy the game. If worse comes to worse and there isn't a US version tho, what would I need to play the Japanese version (I don't want to add a mod chip and physically modify my ps2)?

Thank You in advance guys!

This post has been edited by TruenoJoe on Jun 24 2010, 11:12 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 25 2010, 08:01 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

There aren't any Initial D games for consoles which are in English. Specifically for the PS2 there is only Street Stage which will require you to physically mod your PS2 if you want to play it on your system, even then the game is in Japanese-only. There are guides available online that can help you play the game though.
TB_InuYasha_X
Posted: Jun 25 2010, 08:55 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 30,206

Get a slim top or fat ps2. Do the swap magic trick, you should youtube it.

It's pretty simple and that's what I used to do until my ps2's motor died in it and I haven't fixed it yet. Swap Magic allows you to play any ps2 game. Japanese / European discs and burned discs at the same time. It tricks the playstation into thinking that the discs are legit.
TruenoJoe
    Posted: Jun 25 2010, 11:09 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 35,813

wow sounds cool. Thank you guys!
RIT_ninja
Posted: Jun 29 2010, 08:54 AM

ざけんなよ!

Member No.: 13,218

if its swap magic, I recommend the phat ps2 cuz the slim's laser gets damaged more using swap magic.
I tried both swap magic, phat is a lot easier to do swap magic. Slim was a little complicated because I remember breaking an interior plastic on my slim and having to open up the ps2 (voiding warranty) and duct taping stuff

or you can play it using a ps2 emulator on a high-end gaming computer biggrin.gif

the best solution is to equip a modchip. If you're not familiar with soldering chips, I recommend having someone with experience doing it (or have a shop do it for you if ur in Asia)

This post has been edited by RIT_ninja on Jun 29 2010, 08:57 AM
drifter2be
Posted: Mar 22 2011, 07:51 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 36,959

cant remember the name of the company but I ordered a flip lid for my phat PS2 with magic swap 3.8 for 35 shipped. Burned a copy of ID special stage until my legit copy gets here from Japan. Love playing the game, has been my obsession for the last two weeks.

Also i remember reading a thread on an old forum about the US slim PS2s not being able to play Initial D even with magic swap without burning a patched ISO to DVD.

This post has been edited by drifter2be on Mar 22 2011, 07:53 PM
k0oanz
Posted: Mar 22 2011, 09:11 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 36,392

QUOTE (drifter2be @ 1 hour, 19 minutes ago)
cant remember the name of the company but I ordered a flip lid for my phat PS2 with magic swap 3.8 for 35 shipped. Burned a copy of ID special stage until my legit copy gets here from Japan. Love playing the game, has been my obsession for the last two weeks.

Also i remember reading a thread on an old forum about the US slim PS2s not being able to play Initial D even with magic swap without burning a patched ISO to DVD.

Do you use the controller when you play IDSS on the PS2 or a wheel? Nice to meet you happy.gif

-VIRUS-
Posted: Mar 23 2011, 05:23 AM

Team Kenagi 4 life/ Team Amaya

Member No.: 6,643

you can soft mod your ps2 with the fat ps2. mcboot is the easiest way. u just need a harddrive and a ps2 network adaptor. then u can use hd loader to load the game up. i use it cause i didnt want to open my ps2. plus u really dont have to worry about swapping with swap magic. but swap magic is also good too.
buntaplaysminecraft
Posted: Jan 15 2012, 05:11 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 37,701

Can someone help me play Initial D: Special Stage on my Fat PS2? I am aware of swap magic but I don't want to break anything since you must use a flip top or swap tool. I wanna use Mcboot but learning how to install it on a PS2 is confusing. Especially to a noob like me. Can any advanced McBoot users or one who is familiar with McBoot help a noob?

This post has been edited by buntaplaysminecraft on Jan 15 2012, 05:29 PM
RIT_ninja
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 10:41 PM

ざけんなよ!

QUOTE (buntaplaysminecraft @ Jan 15 2012, 05:11 PM)
Can someone help me play Initial D: Special Stage on my Fat PS2? I am aware of swap magic but I don't want to break anything since you must use a flip top or swap tool. I wanna use Mcboot but learning how to install it on a PS2 is confusing. Especially to a noob like me. Can any advanced McBoot users or one who is familiar with McBoot help a noob?

I recommend you buying a swap magic that comes with a ps2 phat swap tool
All you have to do is remove the disc tray cover and then you can slide the tool into the disc drive. It's way safer than opening your machine.

Look for some tutorials on Youtube and people will teach you how it's done

If you don't want to keep swapping, you can look up MC Boot and install it with a thumb stick and swap magic. Though the steps are tedious, it's worth the time because it loads up a hack from a memory card instead of having to swap it.

Note: you cannot install MC Boot without a swap magic or Action replay or any disc swapping DVDs

YouTube and Google is your friend to get the best instructions, good luck!

This post has been edited by RIT_ninja on Jan 23 2012, 10:42 PM
buntaplaysminecraft
Posted: Jan 26 2012, 11:35 PM

IDW Member

I think I might buy a Slim PS2 model (pre SCPH 7500x since IDSS wont boot on those newer models) along with magic switch since it is much safer and easier to use and install than both the slide card and flip top.
RIT_ninja
Posted: Jan 27 2012, 12:59 AM

ざけんなよ!

QUOTE (buntaplaysminecraft @ 1 hour, 23 minutes ago)
I think I might buy a Slim PS2 model (pre SCPH 7500x since IDSS wont boot on those newer models) along with magic switch since it is much safer and easier to use and install than both the slide card and flip top.

you have to open you slim ps2 if ur installing the magic switch
The only way that you won't void your warranty is to buy a phat ps2 and get the slide card
buntaplaysminecraft
Posted: Jan 27 2012, 07:33 PM

IDW Member

Well, that depends on what model slim ps2 you have and what version of magic switch you buy.

This post has been edited by buntaplaysminecraft on Jan 27 2012, 10:39 PM