Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Lan Evo Gundan II

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

19 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 148,911  ·  Replies: 468 
> Magical Battle Arena
HashiriyaR32
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 04:22 PM

Unlimited Request Works

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 18,031

Got a list of the voice cast?
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jan 4 2008, 07:43 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (HashiriyaR32 @ Today at 4:22 PM)
Got a list of the voice cast?

Eh... yeah. I'm terrible with Kanji, but here goes nothing..

Nanoha: mi-a
Raising Heart: Sachika Souno (草乃さちか)
Lina: Junka Amaoto (天乙准花)
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Pikachu_Fragger
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 05:21 AM

Cock Blockula

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,803

I can't tell whether this game is like Gundam DX or the Gundam SEED arcade game, or DBZ Budokai played from the third person shooter perspective. I'd still play this though.

QUOTE (Spike Razzor @ Jan 2 2008, 11:19 AM)
Hmmm, looks interesting, I might consider playing.

Wonder where Fragger is? Hes a lurker, but he should of locked onto a topic that had anything to do with CLAMP  XD.

*insert Slowpoke.gif here* Also, fixed.

I *just* saw Nomake's sig, and traveled here. Oddly enough, the gaming chat isn't one of the forums I lurk in. tongue.gif

I WOULD want to see what cards Sakura uses in this game once the full version is out though.

Also, why do I get this odd feeling that one of the girls who will probably show up is SEIBAAAAAA?

This post has been edited by Pikachu_Fragger on Jan 5 2008, 05:26 AM
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jan 5 2008, 07:27 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Pikachu_Fragger @ Today at 5:21 AM)
I can't tell whether this game is like Gundam DX or the Gundam SEED arcade game, or DBZ Budokai played from the third person shooter perspective. I'd still play this though.

*insert Slowpoke.gif here* Also, fixed.

I *just* saw Nomake's sig, and traveled here. Oddly enough, the gaming chat isn't one of the forums I lurk in. tongue.gif

I WOULD want to see what cards Sakura uses in this game once the full version is out though.

Also, why do I get this odd feeling that one of the girls who will probably show up is SEIBAAAAAA?

Nah, it should be Rin instead. wink2.gif

Anyway, I think it's closer to DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi than any of the games you listed. But that's me...

I too want to know about Sakura's gameplay. I mean, anything Sakura does would be using a Clow Card. Her melee would be using the Sword, right? So to do a melee she'd have to use a card... hm. I just wanna know how they're gonna pull off Sakura while making her both true-to-character and not-totally-unplayable.
Pikachu_Fragger
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 08:20 AM

Cock Blockula

If they're gonna use Sakura, they're probably going to use her most used cards.

You're probably right about Sword being melee, and most likely Shield for her guard. Windy or Watery may be her ranged attack. Her Powerup + Guard would probably be The Wood. Dunno about her other attacks though; maybe one of her ultimate attacks would be using both the Light and Dark cards at the same time, similar to how the anime series ended?

I'm pretty sure they'll also slip in the Time card in there somewhere.
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jan 6 2008, 12:41 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Pikachu_Fragger @ Yesterday at 8:20 AM)
I'm pretty sure they'll also slip in the Time card in there somewhere.

No way. The "Time" card would work fine in normal 1P vs COM situations, but remember that the final game has online play aside from its normal 1P vs 2P versus mode. "The Time" wouldn't work too well in that scenario. Kinda like trying to use bullet time in FEAR online.
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 07:15 AM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

Damn! Now I'm addicted! XD

BTW is anyone else having problems pulling off a Starlight Breaker? Do you need to be on low health or in excellion mode or something? I can't seem to get it out no matter what i try crying2.gif

Also i realised(after getting my ass whooped by the computer countless of times lol =P) that it's easier to perform the special moves(powerup+melee/powerup+guard/powerup+range/powerup+dash) if you hold down the powerup button first and then press the other button. Was this common knowledge for you rest of you guys and I've just been a dumbass all along? Cuz before i found out, i was just spamming the buttons at the same time and hoping for the best, to which the computer would normally bust up a can of whoopass whenever the said move failed to perform lol laugh.gif

I especially hate it though when you get hit by a stupid melee charge attack. Sometimes you get stunned for god knows how long and you just sit there saying goodbye to half your life as it disappears like that >< Although i admit, it is fun going Excellion Buster all over em after lol tongue.gif
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jan 6 2008, 07:40 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ Today at 7:15 AM)
BTW is anyone else having problems pulling off a Starlight Breaker? Do you need to be on low health or in excellion mode or something? I can't seem to get it out no matter what i try crying2.gif

Also i realised(after getting my ass whooped by the computer countless of times lol =P) that it's easier to perform the special moves(powerup+melee/powerup+guard/powerup+range/powerup+dash) if you hold down the powerup button first and then press the other button. Was this common knowledge for you rest of you guys and I've just been a dumbass all along? Cuz before i found out, i was just spamming the buttons at the same time and hoping for the best, to which the computer would normally bust up a can of whoopass whenever the said move failed to perform lol laugh.gif

I especially hate it though when you get hit by a stupid melee charge attack. Sometimes you get stunned for god knows how long and you just sit there saying goodbye to half your life as it disappears like that >< Although i admit, it is fun going Excellion Buster all over em after lol tongue.gif

You have to be in Excellion Mode to use Starlight Breaker. To use Excellion Buster ACS you have to be in Excellion Mode and be on your final bar of health.

Yes, and if you didn't figure it out already, you'll find that you only have to hold the Powerup button to charge an attack once it's selected. So you hold powerup, press Ranged, then release ranged so you can navigate freely. Then let go of powerup when you want to fire. Heh.

The melee charge attacks can be dodged either with a good sidestep or a teleport. Just a little tricky to get the timing right.
Pikachu_Fragger
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 02:23 PM

Cock Blockula

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today at 12:41 AM)
No way. The "Time" card would work fine in normal 1P vs COM situations, but remember that the final game has online play aside from its normal 1P vs 2P versus mode. "The Time" wouldn't work too well in that scenario. Kinda like trying to use bullet time in FEAR online.

I'd have to disagree and say it's possible. I think the Time card in this case would work kinda like Hanyuu's "God's World" (ZA WARUDO!) move in Higurashi Daybreak Kai - which also has online play on it. Everyone would get frozen in time, regardless of side (I'm not quite sure if there's team play involved here).

My moonspeak is bad; does the site say when the final release would be?
InitialDRulz
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 02:52 PM

Over One Billion Double Penetrations

Member No.: 2,912

You know, when you get stunned, you just sleep on button bashing and then she'll get back up again, if you just leave your keyboard normally, she gets up WAY later than when you button bash.

I heard that the full version will release in the Summer time in some event.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 05:52 PM

whut?

blah! I still can't manage to get a Starlight breaker out! I pull off an Excellion Buster just fine but not a Starlight Breaker even though it's only a one button difference. One freakin button! >< Maybe it's just my keyboard or something... =/ How do you get guys pull off your Starlight Breakers (the more detailed the better =P)? I've tried everything, even the order in which i press the buttons in and yet it still doesn't come out! It's driving me crazy! >< And yes I am in excellion mode....

I think might go muck around with Lina now and see if i can pull off her equivalent...

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Jan 6 2008, 05:53 PM
InitialDRulz
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 05:56 PM

hmm.

Alright, to do Starlight Breaker is like this

Fill up your freaking red bar that takes forever.

Then hit Excellion Mode.

Now, hit this

S + C, then press A. (you can do S+C+A at the same time, but S+C and then Tap A is easier).

i would make a video of it, but my camera is like wrecked
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jan 7 2008, 12:27 AM

ShiMACHaze

brockolee: The problem is that you're using a keyboard which only supports pressing so many keys at once. If you switch to a gamepad or a different keyboard, the problem will solve itself. I know because back in my MUGEN programming days (and my StepMania playing days) I had the same problem with the Compaq keyboard I was using. I switched to a Dell keyboard we had laying around at the problem went away. Though nowadays I use the Xbox 360 controller instead.

Pikachu_Fragger: Summer Comiket. Which I predict will be Comiket 75. I'm not very savvy with Comiket schedules though, so someone who knows more about it than I do would have to chime in.

Also, that's how FEAR takes care of the issue too; when someone slows down time, everyone slows down and they stay at normal speed. But that's kinda... weak.
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Jan 7 2008, 03:11 AM

whut?

Yup I guess it does looks like my keyboard = fail. I vaguely remember running into a similar problem a while back on a couple of emulator games too =/

But with the time thing, i don't see how else or any other way that you can pull it off aside from the said method...

BTW anyone tried taking on 3 comps yet? Everytime you get hit it's like a guaranteed 10+ hit combo, needless to say i got majorly pwned. Hard. lol tongue.gif

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Jan 7 2008, 03:17 AM
InitialDRulz
Posted: Jan 7 2008, 04:08 AM

Yeah, i play 1v1v1v1 now on CPU level 2. Its pretty easy once you figure out how to block (S+X).

Just a note to all the people who wants a easy match, on the character select menu, you get 4 options.

Option 1: Choose your character
Option 2: What team? (A or B or C or D)
Option 3: Player or CPU
Option 4: Star Rating

Now, on option 4, everyone starts at 5 stars, however, if you turn your opponents down to 1 star, You'll notice that you can annihilate them very easy. 2 of those 6 ball things (S+A) will finish them off (max powered that is)

i beaten it on level 5 CPU 3v1 (i'm the 1) with 1 stars to each of them and 5 stars to me xP. Have yet to done a 2 stars to all and 5 stars to me and win on a CPUlvl5.
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jan 7 2008, 05:33 PM

ShiMACHaze

I put Nanoha (me) down to 2 stars to test out Excelion Buster ACS and it was HARD. Like, it was easy to get down to one health bar but staying alive long enough to pull it off was aggrivating. laugh.gif

But yeah, the character select is very similar to the Gundam Vs series of games.
InitialDRulz
Posted: Jan 8 2008, 04:21 PM

actually, i found it quite easy to pull off with Star lvl 1. all you goto do is be prepared to deflect all those mini-balls that come at you. and then when your about to do the excelion buster acs, go back AS FAR AS POSSIBLE. because if 1 ball hits you while your doing that technique, it just stops.......Still i kick their ass xD
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Jan 9 2008, 06:42 PM

whut?

I normally try to fire off a few shots or stun em first before an Excellion Buster just to make sure it doesn't miss. That whole thing takes away like two whole bars, there's no way you wanna miss or get it cancelled! lol tongue.gif

But then again i normally play 1v1 so maybe that's a different story there. Free for all, i gave up on cuz they kept on spamming starlight breaker or it's equivalent while i couldn't due to my craptastic keyboard lol =P

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Jan 9 2008, 06:42 PM
The New Guy
Posted: Jan 11 2008, 02:37 PM

wandering idiot

Member No.: 24,420

This game is AMAZING I love it, i'm having a little trouble with understanding whats going on but I think i'm getting the hang of it. smile.gif Though it would be nice if were to come to NA.
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jan 11 2008, 06:45 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (The New Guy @ Today at 2:37 PM)
This game is AMAZING I love it, i'm having a little trouble with understanding whats going on but I think i'm getting the hang of it. smile.gif Though it would be nice if were to come to NA.

Never going to happen, for one more reason than why you'll never see the ACE games:

1.) It's a mash of series, meaning acquiring the rights to distribute them all is a pain (same with ACE)

2.) It's a doujin game made by a non-official group. Therefore it will never be ported because it's not even mainstream in Japan.

However, someone on Hongfire might hack a DLL or something when the full game comes out to translate the menus into English. Wait and see.
The New Guy
Posted: Jan 18 2008, 06:23 AM

wandering idiot

Member No.: 24,420

Awwwww crying2.gif oh well, at least thank you for telling all of us what the buttons were without that I think I would of had a really hard time. smile.gif
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Mar 28 2008, 05:38 AM

ShiMACHaze

Well guys, the main page updated! Now we know the attacks for Fate and Sakura, their voices, and that there's ANOTHER yet-to-be-introduced character! So now we have a total of seven characters in the final game. As for updates, they're on this page:

Character List

Fate's voice sounds PERFECT. Sakura's is okay. As for the attacks, they are!

Fate Testarossa
Device: Bardiche Assault
Powerup+Melee: Plasma Lancer
Powerup+Ranged: Harken Saber
Powerup+Guard: Sonic Form
Powerup+Dash+Melee: Plasma Zanber Breaker
Powerup+Dash+Ranged: Jet Zanber

Sakura Kinomoto
Device: Clow Staff (Don't know the correct name...gomen)
Powerup+Melee: THE FIREY
Powerup+Ranged: THE FIGHT
Powerup+Guard: THE MIRROR
Powerup+Dash+Melee: THE CREATE
Powerup+Dash+Ranged: Sakura no Na no Moto ni ("All Those Under Sakura's Name")

Looks like it's gonna be a hell of a game. Oh, and they released a 0.11 patch, too. No clue what changes it makes but I'm installing it anyway. It's available on the download page:

http://fly-system.net/product/mba/dl.htm

Enjoy!

EDIT: Found out what v0.11 does.

-2 new BGMs added!
-Some ad signs added to the city stage
-Character mouths now move realistically to words
-Character eyes now react
-Nanoha's Raising Heart now also reacts properly (shell eject mechanism)

Aside from that I haven't noticed any changes.

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Mar 28 2008, 06:01 AM
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Apr 2 2008, 01:14 PM

ShiMACHaze

A NEW CHALLENGER HAS APPEARED!

user posted image

Kukuri
Device: Battle Magician's Staff
Powerup+Melee: Hebi Ichigo (False Strawberry)
Powerup+Ranged: Puchi Wakusei (Small World)
Powerup+Guard: Nagai Koe no Neko (Long-Voiced Cat)
Powerup+Dash+Melee: Beemu Beemu (???)
Powerup+Dash+Ranged: Koisuru Haato (Heart to Fall in Love)

I haven't played the DS game that this character is from, but there's a movelist with descriptions for her here (in Japanese):

http://senki.kusakage.com/setume/guruguru.htm

Wow. Now I wonder who the other two are? Kukuri was the secret character that was recently added to the roster... the other two have been secret since day one!

QUOTE (Pikachu_Fragger)

user posted image = user posted image ?

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Apr 2 2008, 01:31 PM
HashiriyaR32
Posted: Apr 2 2008, 01:32 PM

Unlimited Request Works

Member No.: 18,031

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, quite interesting.
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Apr 7 2008, 08:48 PM

ShiMACHaze

Okay, turns out that Kukuri is from an Anime, and that the DS game came WAY after. It just happened to be that the site I was looking up her attacks on was about the DS game. Here's a clip from "Mahoujin GuruGuru."

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez6l61qxp6E

I found the link because Fly-System is currently accepting applications for voice actresses to do Kukuri's voice. The script they want the applicants to read has links to clips from the show. Very helpful!

19 Pages  1 2 3 4 »