Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Go Go Girls - One Night in Arabia (B4 ZA Beat Remix)

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 6,614  ·  Replies: 16 
> How to version 8?? Tips, how the game works etc.
Spartan_Ace
  Posted: Jun 18 2016, 10:04 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,575

Sup everyone. I just started to play initial d 8 and I have no clue how the game physics work. I've played every version, but the last one that I was decent at was version 3 which is a lot different from version 8. Any tips, how to keep speed in turns or techniques that anyone wants to share?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SonicSP
Posted: Jun 19 2016, 04:24 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

Well, first question is what Spec is your car? Because discussions of techniques wouldn't be very fruitful before you've reach ExSpec/FullSpec. That's when they "real" physics of the game begins and it is very different from the physics of lower Spec cars.

Until then, the best advice I can give is to try your steering as straight as possible because the more you turn the higher the speed losses are. Just let go of the Accel at corners and use the natural speed loss to help you tackle corners.

The one technique that might be useful right now is the basic BC, which is basically just tap brake, then press accel again.

Once you reach ExSpec/FullSpec, there will no longer be any speed loss on turns and you'll have to use wheelwork/footwork to tackle corners.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jun 19 2016, 07:05 AM
Spartan_Ace
  Posted: Jun 19 2016, 08:12 AM

IDW Member

Cool thanks for the reply. Was watching videos on YouTube and was telling myself wtf. They're not losing much speed. Had a feeling it had to do with the cars tuning. But yeah it did help not to slam the wheel when turning. Just having a good entering speed and line while letting off the gas to coast it through works best.

Also the car I'm trying to fully tune right now is the rx7 (kt and kyoko's)

This post has been edited by Spartan_Ace on Jun 19 2016, 08:59 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Jun 19 2016, 02:08 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Alright once you've tuned your car to ExSpec or FullSpec (the former for the online version, the latter for the offline version), come back and post here and we'll help you out. Right now, if we explain it might just confuse you since you cannot try them out for yourself. It should take you around 50,000 points to tune your car to that level.

Also, personally I recommend playing Auto for maximum performance. The auto shifter is quite fast when shifting and since you will lose a lot of torque in the engine when you turn, you'll need to shift a lot and on time to maximize performance. It's especially important in lower specs where there is much more shifting due to the power and speed loss. However manual shifting can add to the fun so you may stick to it if it helps you enjoy the game more. This is more of a maximizing performance type advice.

I also would not recommend spending your hard earned points on any external parts such as aero kits, wings, exhausts, etc since they do not do anything in regards to performance and are purely aesthetic. 50,000 is a lot of points at your level and it will take you aehile to get there. Just focus on tuning the internals until you get your car to ExSpec/FullSpec before you work on any of those. That way, you can reach and start practicing the real physics sooner.

Good luck. If you have any other questions at all, we'll always be happy to help.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jun 19 2016, 02:17 PM
Sunny
Posted: Jun 19 2016, 05:39 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 45,957

Yup! Everything that sonic said. Low Spec (Literally Spec 1-5) and FullSpec(exspec ofc) cars act totally different. You'll notice when you turn sharp (or at all) in low spec, you lose speed, in FullSpec, you dont lose speed at all in a turn (Well technically you do, but its so small literally like 1%).

Focus on getting full spec and after that, you can start applying the techniques they use in the videos. I recommend learning how to position yourself (a good line) and understanding to brake and turn early. It'll all make sense once you start time trialing.
Spartan_Ace
  Posted: Jun 20 2016, 03:24 PM

IDW Member

Right on. yeah the cars act and look totally different. cant wait. Looks super fun and reminds me of version 3 in terms of how fast it looks and feels.
Spartan_Ace
  Posted: Jul 10 2016, 05:47 PM

IDW Member

Almost fully tuned! I think I got about 5 more parts?? maybe lol late post. I kinda forgot. Ill post on here again the day before I go out there again.
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 20 2016, 04:36 AM

Nagao Fanboy

The last three parts are around 12,000 points, which is always the hardest.
Spartan_Ace
  Posted: Oct 6 2016, 10:23 PM

IDW Member

im at ex spec now?? all the parts are so expensive!!! haha after all these crazy expensive parts, ill be fully tuned?? Also do yall know where a id8 machine is online?? if so, how do u get initial d coins? I have so much bad luck with the avatar wheel. I keep gettin shirts. I have the racing suit I want. The last 5 spins ive had have been all shirts hahah
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 7 2016, 01:06 AM

Nagao Fanboy

If you're at ExSpec you're mostly fine. There's barely any difference anyways.

And all the online machines are in Japan or Asia. If you have a JPN card, Japan's like the only place where you can play them. If you have an EXP card, it would be Malaysia/Singapkre/Taiwan/Hong Kong.

You get Dcoins by buying them basically on an online machine. You can only use them at an online machine too since it requires the Internet to work.
DK_Brawler
Posted: Oct 7 2016, 01:22 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 39,567

QUOTE (Spartan_Ace @ 2 hours, 59 minutes ago)
im at ex spec now?? all the parts are so expensive!!! haha after all these crazy expensive parts, ill be fully tuned?? Also do yall know where a id8 machine is online?? if so, how do u get initial d coins? I have so much bad luck with the avatar wheel. I keep gettin shirts. I have the racing suit I want. The last 5 spins ive had have been all shirts hahah

Do not get any EX Spec parts if you want to save money. Online is only available in All.net enabled machines which are paid in South East Asia countries. D coins are online only.

And D.Net colors are for D.net members on online machines.

I'm not a mod but please don't spam the forum, I'd recommend asking questions in the Introduction to D8 thread. The D Coin is also mentioned in there.

Introduction to IDAS8 Infinity

If you have an EXP card, it would be Malaysia/Singapkre/Taiwan/Hong Kong.

Don't forget Korea tongue.gif

This post has been edited by iDucKy on Oct 7 2016, 01:34 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 7 2016, 01:32 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I thought of Korea but I almost never meet them online I was wondering whether they are still online anymore. Keep running into players from the others on a regular basis.
Saint
Posted: Oct 7 2016, 07:31 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 5 hours, 58 minutes ago)
I thought of Korea but I almost never meet them online I was wondering whether they are still online anymore. Keep running into players from the others on a regular basis.

I bumped into them occasionally, mostly from Gurofunit (or something).

And don't forget Indonesia too. Lol. Bumped into one before, just once.
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 7 2016, 09:09 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (Saint @ 1 hour, 38 minutes ago)
I bumped into them occasionally, mostly from Gurofunit (or something).

And don't forget Indonesia too. Lol. Bumped into one before, just once.

No D8 machine in Indonesia is still online I believe. If you look at Sega's official shop list, it would just write "No Shop" there.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Oct 7 2016, 09:12 AM
Saint
Posted: Oct 7 2016, 12:12 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 3 hours, 2 minutes ago)
No D8 machine in Indonesia is still online I believe. If you look at Sega's official shop list, it would just write "No Shop" there.

I thought that was an Indonesian I raced last year. Hmmm... maybe it wasn't. Oh well.
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 7 2016, 09:44 PM

Nagao Fanboy

They were definitely there last year, it was only fairly recently that they stopped having online I believe.

That list on Sega's site is updated often. For example, when CYC Queensbay lost its online some weeks back, it got removed from the shop list in Malaysia. So some of the arcades in Indonesia did have D8 online once, they just don't have it anymore.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Oct 7 2016, 09:46 PM
Spartan_Ace
  Posted: Oct 11 2016, 03:06 PM

IDW Member

LOL ok. thanks.