Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Melissa White & Ace - Switch!

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 21,921  ·  Replies: 69 
> Inital D Arcade Stage 4 BREAK!, ID4.1 gets a name
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jan 10 2008, 08:44 AM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,284

Thing is this patch is announced for the Japanese versions and not ours yet. So we probably won't get an answer for that question anytime soon.
BDDEE@
Posted: Jan 10 2008, 09:03 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

i hope to god that if and when we do get it...there will be rank levels and aura
thatll be sweettttt
toookoooldrew118
Posted: Jan 10 2008, 05:00 PM

Project Legacy Captain

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,395

why did they even release it to the world without ranks and auras
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jan 10 2008, 08:00 PM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

QUOTE (toookoooldrew118 @ Today at 9:00 AM)
why did they even release it to the world without ranks and auras

Because Sega didn't include the online battles (needed that to rank up/aura), and it was definitely laziness on their part not to fix the ranks and auras to be able to be acquired thru In-Store.
hongaun
Posted: Jan 10 2008, 08:44 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 27,407

u mean only battles through online mode is counted for auras acquistion? no wonder nobody plays in store battles then.
initialv
Posted: Jan 11 2008, 07:32 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 9,434

w0rd.. you got that right hongaun
hopefully if they implement auras/etc .. mayyybe just maybe id4 will gain popularity again
Cappuccino, 2 sugars
Posted: Jan 14 2008, 03:10 PM

Laugh Now, Laugh Later

Member No.: 28,161

im getting closer and closer to my aura...my precious w00t2.gif

i can only imagine how difficult it would be to impliment a worldwide network so everyone had online...
toookoooldrew118
Posted: Jan 14 2008, 03:16 PM

Project Legacy Captain

Member No.: 25,395

i doubt they would do that. but if they did do something like that i think it would be by nation like how japan is right now. the world is a little too big in my opinion. and there would probly be lag and other issues.
n3muru_zha1
Posted: Jan 14 2008, 05:44 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 26,858

well..please...jus giv me the aura...depending on the winning percentages or the amount of the battles also can.... crying2.gif

i hope they can hav new courses and LOTS...feel boring sometimes jus to play the 6 courses... laugh.gif
Fuzz
Posted: Jan 15 2008, 03:00 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,618

they'll just implement online battles in small regions around the size of japan, depending on the connection between those areas.
flowisode_zero
Posted: Jan 19 2008, 02:37 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 25,033

I could see online battles working between southern Cali, Vegas, and here in Phoenix. Its a pretty short distance and we have 2 locations with ID4 with a third location that has it on order. Im just not sure if 2 of the places are willing to set up for online play.
hongaun
Posted: Jan 21 2008, 09:10 PM

IDW Regular Member

flowisode: was this on the english or jap cabs?
flowisode_zero
Posted: Jan 22 2008, 02:53 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 25,033

Every arcade here in Phoenix has English cabs. I think you read my post wrong based on your response. Im speaking hypothetically, that it could work between these distances.
gamer539
Posted: Jan 23 2008, 04:47 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 22,398

I live in California, and I've been thinking of getting a card. Should I wait for the update to come out before buying a card or would all the old cards be able to transfer over?
Fuzz
Posted: Jan 23 2008, 04:55 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,618

The data will be able to transfer over
hongaun
Posted: Jan 27 2008, 05:29 PM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (flowisode_zero @ Jan 22 2008, 06:53 PM)
Every arcade here in Phoenix has English cabs. I think you read my post wrong based on your response. Im speaking hypothetically, that it could work between these distances.

Yes, i totally missed your point. laugh.gif
Come to think of it. What type of connector do the cabs use for their network connection? BNC ? Rj-45?

if it uses rj-45, *maybe we could hook up an "internal" ID.NET server.... tongue.gif. fear2.gif fear2.gif fear2.gif though it sounds far-fetched...
Odie
Posted: Jan 27 2008, 06:59 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 17,323

But how would you get the server? With just the RJ45 ethernet link, no matter how far away it will still treat it as in store.

We tried doing that with the Japanese machines in HK connecting it over to Japan but they refused connection and there is no way of making our own server without the software from Sega in the first place.
RooP
Posted: Jan 27 2008, 07:28 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 28,314

sounds like battlenet to me. LOL

i personally feel online within our own country is still feasible. but thru out the world would definitely need the software from sega and server config.

and another thing, i dont really think the japanese side would like our "invasion" to their online battle areas.... of which they had already done so with the IR website already...XDDD

fear2.gif fear2.gif
shyguy_01
Posted: Jan 27 2008, 09:04 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 27,964

if its anywhere else that gets online other than japan, i can see HK getting it smile.gif since there are many arcades with ID4, and the place is not as big as North America
hongaun
Posted: Jan 29 2008, 09:20 PM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (Odie @ Jan 28 2008, 10:59 AM)
But how would you get the server? With just the RJ45 ethernet link, no matter how far away it will still treat it as in store.

We tried doing that with the Japanese machines in HK connecting it over to Japan but they refused connection and there is no way of making our own server without the software from Sega in the first place.

Did you manage to find out why? I guess they blocked out of japan ip addresses. judging from ur postm the cab connects to the network via normal ethernet interface.
Does ISB connect via the same interface too for english cabs?
Is it possible to change the network settings on the cab via its bios system menu? maybe can try use some japan proxies and see if it allows the connection.

too bad there's not jap cabs here in malaysia to test this out crying2.gif

and hope some arcade operators are reading this and willing to help out.
jiahao1001
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 05:08 AM

SooKooBah Fan ^.^

Member No.: 26,189

Well new cards are fine but please no error 403 those kinda BS... it really stinks if those kinda programming errors still happen
Odie
Posted: Feb 14 2008, 02:28 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 17,323

It's not a programming error.. it's a hardware design flaw in the card mechanism.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 20 2008, 07:28 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

So I'm browsing the IDAS4 Japanese site looking for character kanji when I stumble across the news postings on the front page. Considering I've not heard about this nor seen it mentioned on the forums... figured I'd point it out. If you guys already know, then please excuse my rudeness.

Looks like I was beaten to it somewhat, as the IDAS4 Announcements section has a topic about this. Guess it should be merged. I'd like to note that "Kai" does not translate to "Break," however. Kai is an add-on to something to specify that it is "new." For instance, in Gundam, when a new version of a mobile suit design is made they tack "kai" onto the end.

So check this out. Back at the end of December, Sega announced that they were working on a new version of IDAS4 called "IDAS4 Kai" which would mark a milestone in the IDAS4 development. Here are a list of changes, right from the Japanese website:

-Three new cars added. Altezza, RX-8, Eunos Roadster.
user posted image

-(For Initial D.NET only?) Custom Paint. Under the section for new cars is a paragraph mentioning subscribers to INITIALD.NET. It says that aside from colors that come stock from the factory on the car in question, they can make their car whatever color they want. AWESOME. Too bad we international folks are going to get shafted AGAIN! pinch2.gif

-BGM Select. ABOUT TIME! I wanna use Forever Young ALL THE TIME.

-Retuned Physics. It doesn't go into detail about what exactly is changed, but they mention that the entire handling feel of the game has been redone, and the car balance has been reworked as well (they actually say battle balance, but I assume that means car abilities). Maybe this will get some of the players who hated IDAS4 to try it one more time.

And the last post on the page, dated March 12th, says that the final release date for this update is March 24th. Three more days! I really hope that they worked on an International patch at the same time as the Japanese one... and I hope my local arcade updates!!

EDIT: Forgot to put the link to the main page for those who wanna see for themselves:

http://initiald.sega.jp/ind_ac4/index.html

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Mar 20 2008, 07:33 AM
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
razorsuKe
Posted: Mar 20 2008, 08:21 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 12,243

LoL man

First topic in Current Events:
https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=33054&st=0

tongue.gif

We know kai doesn't translate into break, but that was the english title or something.
And those 3 cars are already in the English version.

Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 20 2008, 08:32 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Read the bolded part of my post, I already saw that thread. tongue.gif Just didn't notice it at first because "Break" didn't make sense, haha.

Oh well, at least I'm the first to post the release date. laugh.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project

3 Pages  1 2 3