Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing move - around the world (Dave Rodgers Remix)

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

21 Pages  « 16 17 18 19 20 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 270,406  ·  Replies: 509 
> Teknoparrot now supports ID4 through IDZ
BB94
Posted: Aug 28 2018, 11:06 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,185

Oh I see, thank you for all the the info, I think having low FPS might just be the reason why I'm having issues with the game, so is there anything I can do to make it run at 60FPS?

This post has been edited by BB94 on Aug 28 2018, 11:06 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 29 2018, 12:51 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

The game isn’t very demanding so most people don’t have an issue at running it at 60. What are your PC specs?
BB94
  Posted: Aug 29 2018, 07:07 AM

Shmuck

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 6 hours, 15 minutes ago)
The game isn’t very demanding so most people don’t have an issue at running it at 60. What are your PC specs?

Here it is: Intel Core i7 (4th Gen) 4700HQ / 2.4 Ghz
My driver: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M - 3 GB GDDR5 SDRAM

I think I may have found what's causing the game to run in slow motion every now and then, it's been running fine ever since I've disabled broadcasting on Steam (my Teknoparrot is linked to Steam for some reason).

As for the car losing lots speed while steering, that's due to my UCR configuration, I had set up 3 different steering options (light, medium and heavy) and I've been using 'heavy steering' all this while when all I had to do was to use 'light steering' and the car would stop losing speed unnecessarily.

So it's all good for now and I'm able to get pass the first 4 chapters in story mode, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will remain this way. unsure.gif
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 29 2018, 09:14 AM

Nagao Fanboy

It sounds like it should be able to run the game fine, CPU is a little older but I think it might still be better than the arcade’s. GPU should be more than adequet. The arcade’s hardware was fairly outdated even when it was released.

I suggest using a FPS counter like FRAPS to see whether you are getting any drop frames below 60. This way we can totally rule out FPS as slowing you down from your “true” speed.

Because even if you can beat the chapters now due to steering changes, there’s a chance that the game is still being slowed down. One of the reasons I didn’t notice the difference in FPS in the video I made was because I didn’t use a counter, even though I knew at that time that FPS is directly tied to physics speed.

Frame dropping on menus is normal but it should be solid 60 during race gameplay under normal circumstances.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 29 2018, 09:16 AM
BB94
Posted: Aug 29 2018, 04:32 PM

Shmuck

Yeah, I'll check that out. I downloaded this FPS counter called 'FPS Monitor' but the numbers that appear in the game are all fuzzy and unreadable, I'll give FRAPS a go when I have the time and I shall get back to you soon!
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 30 2018, 06:10 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Yesterday, 9:14 AM)
CPU is a little older but I think it might still be better than the arcade’s. GPU should be more than adequet. The arcade’s hardware was fairly outdated even when it was released.

QUOTE (Wikipedia)
RingEdge specifications
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2160 (1.8 GHz)
RAM: 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-6400)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS with 384 MB GDDR3 SDRAM (Shader Model 4.0)

Yeah. His specs are way above the arcade. laugh2.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BB94
Posted: Aug 30 2018, 10:42 PM

Shmuck

Yes looks like I'm able to play the game at nearly 60 fps (the number fluctuates) so everything's cool for now I guess.

I just have one question though, is it possible to remove stickers from a car while in-game, it seems like you can only change it but you can't remove it completely.

https://ibb.co/nBbHnp

This post has been edited by BB94 on Aug 30 2018, 10:44 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 31 2018, 10:56 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I think you may be able to hack it away but I am not sure of the exact method. Which stickers are you referring to exactly?

=======
1 FPS still significantly affects your results/games but if you can play the game fine that it’s alright (and it’s better than not being able to play it). Just keep this in mind when you play time attacks and play online as you will be slower than you normally been at 60 of it moves from that a lot.

Different FPS counters also measures things different: with steam for example I occasionally drop to 59 and go up to 61 but with FRAPS I stay a solid 60 all the way so the measuring methods are likely different.

Feel free to ask any other questions if you need anything.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 31 2018, 10:57 AM
BB94
Posted: Sep 5 2018, 07:44 PM

Shmuck

Sorry for the late response, I haven't been playing recently. I was referring to the Akina sticker (https://ibb.co/jP90LK). I got that sticker after completing one of the story mode chapters and the game asked if I wanted to apply it to my car, I didn't know what it was initially but I selected yes anyway. I can go to the shop and replace it with another sticker but I can't remove it, is there no way of doing so?

I'm just playing Initial D casually so I don't need the game to run perfectly, as long as it looks and is playable, it's good enough for me laugh2.gif

FRAPS isn't working for me by the way so I'm using Steam's FPS counter instead. awesome.gif

This post has been edited by BB94 on Sep 5 2018, 07:48 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 6 2018, 02:16 AM

Nagao Fanboy

You should be able to remove it by hex editing the car parts on card save data. I do not know which part to change though, I’ll need to ask someone else.
holnivek
Posted: Sep 6 2018, 11:32 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 46,366

The best thing to do is to change just the sticker and see which byte changed in your card.bin. Setting that to 00 would most likely remove the sticker.

Or you can just recreate the same car and add all the parts back except the sticker.
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Sep 7 2018, 01:27 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 31,903

Finally IDAS5 is supported on TP! But unfortunately it's still very glitchy - audio, visual, crashes and card saves aren't working properly yet. There is hope but I think I'll wait until the issues are sorted first.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDB-NTGwXQk )

SonicSP
Posted: Sep 7 2018, 04:35 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Unfortunately the physics are not the same as the real game due to emulation issues (just like D4). However at least it’s playable from what I hear, so there’s a new IDAS game here.

From what I’ve been reading, it doesn’t seem like the physics will likely to be fixed. Hopefully someday it will though.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 7 2018, 05:10 PM
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Sep 8 2018, 01:30 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 31,903

Ahh that's a shame. The only reason I'm looking forward so much to IDAS5 is the physics.

Here's hoping the Teknogods can work their magic to get it sorted. I've waited this long, I don't mind waiting a bit longer.
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 9 2018, 05:37 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Teknogods have mentioned that they are not going to do it from what I hear, I guess they want to focus on other things. We will have to hope that someone else finds a fix for it.

And yes it is a shame. D5 is not my favorite IDAS but it was my first and its physics certainly is unique. Would love to play it again in its original form someday.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 9 2018, 01:29 PM
dparker
Posted: Sep 21 2018, 10:56 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 50,256

I'm getting the same CG.DLL missing error. Did you ever find a fix for this?
Takeiuchi
Posted: Sep 21 2018, 07:59 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 25,396

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Sep 9 2018, 05:37 AM)
Teknogods have mentioned that they are not going to do it from what I hear, I guess they want to focus on other things. We will have to hope that someone else finds a fix for it.

And yes it is a shame. D5 is not my favorite IDAS but it was my first and its physics certainly is unique. Would love to play it again in its original form someday.

The emulation of physics in IDAS 4/5 is off, a little odd that they're giving up so quick since Lindbergh emulation in Teknoparrot still seems fresh, but how's 6-8's physics emulation (At proper 60 FPS)? I started an S14 in IDAS 8 a little bit after finding my Logitech DFGT and damn, it looks like it's emulating perfect to me and it blew me away, although it's my first time playing anything newer than 3.
This is my first visit since Feb. 28 2009, and it's a real shame too. I live in a small town and there never was any cabs around me for at least 100 miles. I never even got to see an IDAS 4 cab (although I heard I didn't miss much, Extreme Stage doesn't impress me either) A US home port of the games would have been fantastic but oh well.
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 22 2018, 11:11 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Well welcome back then. happy.gif

Other than the framerate being slightly higher (PC 60.00 vs Arcade 59.96FPS, which leads to slightly faster speeds due to the physics engine being scaled to framerate) 6/7/8 runs more or less perfectly to their arcade counterparts.

The only notable difference you will find is on Hakone course in D8 due to it being mostly a straight course and the physics engine scaling up and making you a few seconds faster than arcade. Usually the difference is less than a second for most other courses, if not less than that. You wouldn’t even notice it unless you are measuring really carefully, physics generally is the same assuming you are running and locking it at 60FPS.

That’s because unlike 4/5, the actual games don’t need to be emulated. This is because the arcade 6/7/8 run on Ringedge, which are basically semi-custom Windows PCs. Thus the games takes far less effort and complications to run on our Windows machines. They need to emulate some parts like the card system but the games are already mostly compatible, just needed to be loaded and other things like special shaders for AMD cards (Ringedge used Nvidia).

By contrast, 4/5’s Lindbergh platform is Linux-based so there needs to be a far higher amount of software emulation that adds complications and work needed.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 22 2018, 11:26 AM
Takeiuchi
Posted: Sep 22 2018, 02:39 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 25,396

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 3 hours, 28 minutes ago)
Well welcome back then. happy.gif

Other than the framerate being slightly higher (PC 60.00 vs Arcade 59.96FPS, which leads to slightly faster speeds due to the physics engine being scaled to framerate) 6/7/8 runs more or less perfectly to their arcade counterparts.

The only notable difference you will find is on Hakone course in D8 due to it being mostly a straight course and the physics engine scaling up and making you a few seconds faster than arcade. Usually the difference is less than a second for most other courses, if not less than that. You wouldn’t even notice it unless you are measuring really carefully, physics generally is the same assuming you are running and locking it at 60FPS.

That’s because unlike 4/5, the actual games don’t need to be emulated. This is because the arcade 6/7/8 run on Ringedge, which are basically semi-custom Windows PCs. Thus the games takes far less effort and complications to run on our Windows machines. They need to emulate some parts like the card system but the games are already mostly compatible, just needed to be loaded and other things like special shaders for AMD cards (Ringedge used Nvidia).

By contrast, 4/5’s Lindbergh platform is Linux-based so there needs to be a far higher amount of software emulation that adds complications and work needed.

Yeah that makes sense, I forgot that Lindbergh was running on Linux. I can see why they're not optimistic getting the physics spot on, given how much time has gone into Wine to get windows programs working on Linux. Probably a better use of resources maximizing AMD compatibility for the windows based cabinets.

And given that I've never played a real Initial D cab past 3 (also I'm not very good lol), I wouldn't have (and still won't) notice the difference at Hakone, Let alone any of the more minute differences in the other passes lmao. Seems like a lot of these arcade games have the physics tied to the framerate. Fast Beat Loop Racer was ported to Steam this year, and it'll also do its best Speedy Speed Boy impression if I play it on my 144 Hz monitor without lowering the refresh rate.
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 22 2018, 08:30 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Yup, even as a regular you won’t notice it because the physics are more or less the same, just a slight boost to speed. Things like techniques and all will work the same.

As for framerate physics I think it’s justified for what Teknoparrot are doing since they are porting arcade games that originally run a locked FPS all the time. However I think it’s less justifiable on an official port sanctioned by the developer.

But it happened to GTA V, and Vanquish so unfortunately a common problem even for some bigger more mainstream games too.

Personally I wouldn’t mind installing Linux on my computer if it meant being able to run D5 properly. So hoping that would be an option in the future that someone might consider if it might help with the issue.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 22 2018, 08:40 PM
Initially
Posted: Sep 30 2018, 02:48 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 50,293

anybody know why the cars in my game are very slow, but the game is running full speed? the timer on the side during gameplay is counting down seconds perfectly fine, but both me and the computer drive very slow.

i dont know if what i heard is right, but it has something to do with my computer being 60hz, but not actually running at 60hz or something? i even tried to hook up a hdmi cable to, so that i can try it on my tv, but the cars themselves are still slow.

any ideas on how to fix this? im sorry if this was already answered somewhere, i cant find it.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 30 2018, 04:53 PM

ShiMACHaze

Physics in-game are tied to the framerate directly. If it is not locked to exactly 60 FPS, the physics will either lag behind or become stupid fast. (As a side note, this is also a problem with the game Aero Gauge for N64 if you try to emulate it)

Use a program like FRAPS to monitor your actual FPS to see what you're running at. If it's not 60 FPS exactly, then there's your problem. It's been discussed many, many times in this thread.
Initially
Posted: Oct 2 2018, 07:17 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 50,293

i didnt know it was the fps thing. i couldnt use search for fps since it wasnt 4 letters. fraps isnt showing me the counter, its only able to take screenshots but not record video or tell me what fps its runnin at (maybe because im on windows 10? idk). so what can i do than?

edit
i tried to use rivatunner to see, but after it loads a car in the menu, the fps counter turns into this (upper-left square)
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1360 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

i even tried to make the game have a 60fps limit, than i tried 62fps, i tried v-sync on, but the same slow car speed happened everytime.

This post has been edited by Initially on Oct 2 2018, 07:54 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 3 2018, 04:39 AM

ShiMACHaze

I don't know what to tell you, except that you seem to have other problems on your rig. So for now I'll step aside and perhaps one of the other regulars can jump in. I don't run Windows 10, perhaps someone else here does.
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 3 2018, 11:52 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Run the game through Steam, activate the FPS counter and see whether the FPS counter works.

If your game is slow, a 60FPS cap likely isn’t going to help because likely it’s running below 60 already, which causes the slowdown. For now, try the Steam FPS counter and see what you get since knowing the FPS is important to diagnosing the problem.

If all the FPS counters are failing, it might be beyond our scope to help since it would Be a different problem then most of us are used to experiencing.

21 Pages  « 16 17 18 19 20 »