Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing affectionate

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 1,922  ·  Replies: 10 
> IDS6AA in South Carolina
SonGohanX
  Posted: Sep 18 2014, 06:30 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,716

So, I believe I have the only IDS6AA in the US outside of California. Located in Myrtle Beach, SC. I just received the machine today. Expecting to get some cards in a couple weeks. I may do some live streams for it too.

If you're in the area and interested in playing, let me know.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
OkamiWind
Posted: Sep 18 2014, 09:37 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

Although I ain't from SC, I am glad to see various arcades around the US finally getting Arcade Stage 6 and up.

Sure 8 maybe a way off, but at least you guys have the taste that we Southern Californias have. So power to you guys! Go play!

(The AE86 is never a bad choice....like I needed to say that.)
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 18 2014, 10:47 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

I don't live in US, but would be interested in watching livestreams.

Just for the sake of watching livestream.
Gunma's 34
Posted: Sep 19 2014, 02:40 PM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

It's funny how the Americans are getting the updated IDAS (6 is still quite updated); but have yet to receive the updated WMMT cabs :/ though both now cater to both online and in-store and have nearly the same amenities (less the D.Net subscription, though NBGI has the NamcoID but it's a free subscription).
DK_Brawler
Posted: Sep 19 2014, 03:33 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 39,567

ID7 and 8 won't receive updates though. AAX we didn't get snow courses or new cars. WMMT 4 and 5 requires permanent network connection to run.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SonGohanX
  Posted: Sep 19 2014, 08:55 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 43,716

I believe a ID7AAX just popped up in Chicago, as they are opening a Round 1 there.

Fortunately my ID6 was updated to the most recent version (1.2 +E) before it was shipped over, so I should have all of the unlocks. It's a JPN ver, not an EXP ver. I don't know if that makes any difference.

Everything being geared towards online makes me a little sad, because even if I were to get ahold of a 7 or 8 kit in the future, I believe it would be missing a lot of features.
rallyarmor
Posted: Dec 1 2014, 03:41 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 44,695

QUOTE (SonGohanX @ Sep 19 2014, 08:55 PM)
I believe a ID7AAX just popped up in Chicago, as they are opening a Round 1 there.

Fortunately my ID6 was updated to the most recent version (1.2 +E) before it was shipped over, so I should have all of the unlocks. It's a JPN ver, not an EXP ver. I don't know if that makes any difference.

Everything being geared towards online makes me a little sad, because even if I were to get ahold of a 7 or 8 kit in the future, I believe it would be missing a lot of features.

Based on the recent trend of SEGA and IDAS releases, ID9 should be coming out in about 4 months. Once that happens (and they follow the WMMT method) non-ASIA centers won't even get to play offline. Hopefully that's not the case...

I don't think there was ever a EXP version for ID6. I could be wrong.

Since SEGA is on ID8 now, I doubt any updates after 1.2 will happen so you should be fine.

Minor updates will be sent through AI.net. Major updates will require an Install DVD. If you bought the upgrade kit from SEGA, the major update Install DVD will give you any latest update.
SonicSP
Posted: Dec 1 2014, 06:50 PM

Nagao Fanboy

^Yes there was, we played it for years.
rallyarmor
Posted: Dec 1 2014, 07:47 PM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 57 minutes, 11 seconds ago)
^Yes there was, we played it for years.

Then I stand corrected. I've never seen or heard of SEGA releasing EXP DVDs for ID6 for us USA folks. The only DVD that SEGA released was labeled DVR-5006A for ID6. There was a Malaysian version of ID6...
SonicSP
Posted: Dec 2 2014, 02:46 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Just for clarification, when I said "we" I meant us Malaysians and the other countries that got the EXP version of D6.

I don't recall having heard any arcades in the US having an EXP version of 6 though. I know I've heard of D7 being used in at least one arcade in North America. Upgrade kits are tied to "EXP/JPN" version I think, so I always assumed it was because no arcade bought the EXP before D7.

You're right that there's probably no EXP version of D6 that was used in the US; at least to our knowledge. But Sega did make EXP versions of D6 and the Asian countries outside Japan mostly used this. The only exception is China I believe, which mostly use their own CHN version and servers.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Dec 2 2014, 02:55 AM
rallyarmor
Posted: Dec 2 2014, 07:52 PM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Today, 2:46 AM)
Just for clarification, when I said "we" I meant us Malaysians and the other countries that got the EXP version of D6.

I don't recall having heard any arcades in the US having an EXP version of 6 though. I know I've heard of D7 being used in at least one arcade in North America. Upgrade kits are tied to "EXP/JPN" version I think, so I always assumed it was because no arcade bought the EXP before D7.

You're right that there's probably no EXP version of D6 that was used in the US; at least to our knowledge. But Sega did make EXP versions of D6 and the Asian countries outside Japan mostly used this. The only exception is China I believe, which mostly use their own CHN version and servers.

Yep.
I only have the Japan region DVD for ID6. There are two ID7 versions that I know of: Japan region and Export. The Export version is for China.

Either way, Asia gets all the good stuff Initial D related.