Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Norma Sheffield - If You Wanna Stay

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

8 Pages  « 6 7 8  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 71,285  ·  Replies: 189 
> IDAS5 Beginner's Guide, No clue as to what you're doing? Ask here!
Subbz
Posted: Mar 8 2011, 09:54 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,042

I was wondering, how do you do the gutter run correctly? How do you approach the gutter and what do you do once you get the tires in?
DigiBunny
  Posted: Mar 10 2011, 02:53 AM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

There's more than one kind of gutter.

Akina's are just sections where the car feels like it's more responsive and there's a slight resistance to get out of the gutter. As long as your tires go in and you're not banging the sidewall, you're doing it right.

Tsukuba's grippy gutters need you to just slip your tire(s) in at normal cornering speeds. The shortcut gutters need to have a speed of 85+ or so, or else you fall in.

Treat Nagao like Tsukuba's shortcuts.
jon360x
Posted: Mar 10 2011, 09:43 AM

Project-SS Trueno Driver

Member No.: 37,105

nice guide... I'm not a beginner anymore so, let me put some questions here. I've learned the grip style racing... actually its the only easy and safe way to drive in IDAS5 IMO. so how do we do drift then??? I tried a few times but my Drift line is out... and I spin my rear end of my 86 too much... so I've been researching on how to drift for about 3 weeks now.. I've also watched how N-Dreamroad-S (an IDAS5 Japanese racing team lol.) drift... and they are really good... here is an example video of one of the top 10 Akina DH drivers for IDAS5 in the world drive..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOtOzeAcMI4&feature=channel_video_title

Observe how he drift... I've never been able to do that yet...
Subbz
Posted: Mar 10 2011, 11:06 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 8 hours, 12 minutes ago)
There's more than one kind of gutter.

Akina's are just sections where the car feels like it's more responsive and there's a slight resistance to get out of the gutter. As long as your tires go in and you're not banging the sidewall, you're doing it right.

Tsukuba's grippy gutters need you to just slip your tire(s) in at normal cornering speeds. The shortcut gutters need to have a speed of 85+ or so, or else you fall in.

Treat Nagao like Tsukuba's shortcuts.

Thanks for the response. But I need a little more detail. For akina I need to know if you need to go full throttle once you hook the tires in and would you need to countersteer as well? For nagao, since the gutters are deep and can't really be hooked into what's the best way to use it as a shortcut?
DigiBunny
  Posted: Mar 10 2011, 03:45 PM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (Subbz @ 4 hours, 39 minutes ago)
Thanks for the response. But I need a little more detail. For akina I need to know if you need to go full throttle once you hook the tires in and would you need to countersteer as well? For nagao, since the gutters are deep and can't really be hooked into what's the best way to use it as a shortcut?

Once you hook the tires, you can just floor it like normal; except on hairpins. No countersteer, no nothing. I mean it's there to increase traction anyway.

As for Nagao; speed and lining are your best friends. Just don't fall under the preset speed while over the gutters. I'm no longer sure what that speed is anymore though.

@jon
Tap the gas and countersteer hard to slide, brake into the corner to correct your speed, then accelerae out. Youtube has a specific guide uploaded.
•keL•
Posted: Mar 10 2011, 09:01 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 36,647

QUOTE (Subbz @ 9 hours, 55 minutes ago)

if im not wrong for Nagao and Tsukuba gutters,
you cannot fall below 84kmph, that's the borderline for getting into the gutters
jon360x
Posted: Mar 11 2011, 11:07 AM

Project-SS Trueno Driver

Member No.: 37,105

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ Yesterday, 3:45 PM)
@jon
Tap the gas and countersteer hard to slide, brake into the corner to correct your speed, then accelerae out. Youtube has a specific guide uploaded.

Link for the specific guide uploaded???
Subbz
Posted: Mar 12 2011, 12:33 PM

IDW Expert Member

Thanks for the tips. I also noticed that my tire wear gets really bad towards the end of naval uh. After a couple of tries I was able to figure out how to conserve my tires. Man I'm really liking what they did to this game. It's a lot more realistic compared to 3 smile.gif.
JuicyDragon
Posted: Mar 20 2011, 08:46 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,149

one simple question, i've been playing ID for quite some time. but i only recently started looking at forums and so.. WHAT is "boost"?!
DigiBunny
  Posted: Mar 23 2011, 06:57 AM

Reading is magic!

Please look at the front page video for total beginners to see what boost is.

*mumbles something about the value of reading*
wangzp
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 06:26 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,584

THE pic don't show up`
imprezagc8
Posted: Aug 5 2012, 04:12 PM

da true Hawaii GC8

Member No.: 14,482

this may seem like a stupid question but how do you change your avatar? i just started playing maybe a month ago and i have never got to change it.
Newneo5879
Posted: Aug 11 2012, 08:07 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 37,996

QUOTE (imprezagc8 @ Aug 5 2012, 04:12 PM)
this may seem like a stupid question but how do you change your avatar? i just started playing maybe a month ago and i have never got to change it.

rolleyes.gif I think this is not a stupid question.. i'm facing with this puzzle when i start play IDAS5 a year later. Actually we can't change any avatar or Level if your arcade machine in level 1.1. Or if your arcade machine not in online . So forget it to change you avatar or increase you level. facepalm.gif facepalm.gif
imprezagc8
Posted: Aug 13 2012, 02:34 AM

da true Hawaii GC8

Member No.: 14,482

so only 1.2 you change your avatar?
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 15 2012, 09:30 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

As far as I know, the version that allows you to change your avatar offline is with version JPN 2.0 or EXP 2.0. I think anything less requires you to play online for that to happen. Tuning in version 2.0 is also ALOT faster and cheaper.

When IDAS5 was dominant in my place, they were only around 2 arcades that has EXP 2.0 machines. The rest stuck with 1.0, I guess it was too expensive to buy a new one. Fortunately updating IDAS6 versions is a lot easier.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 15 2012, 09:31 AM

8 Pages  « 6 7 8