Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing B-East - Super Eurobeat Presents Non Stop Re-Mix [Project.D Ver.]

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 6,670  ·  Replies: 23 
> Question about Takumi and Natsuki
Snowflake172
  Posted: Jan 28 2017, 03:52 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,542

When Natsuki leaves for uni and she leaves Takumi, I remember hearing somewhere on here that in the manga, before she leaves they had sex. This doesn't happen in the anime obviously and I can't find it in the manga so am I missing something? Is this true or not?
xiao
Posted: Jan 28 2017, 04:39 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Snowflake172 @ 44 minutes, 0 seconds ago)
When Natsuki leaves for uni and she leaves Takumi, I remember hearing somewhere on here that  in the manga, before she leaves they had sex. This doesn't happen in the anime obviously and I can't find it in the manga so am I missing something? Is this true or not?

*spits drink* .....They had sex!!?

user posted image

like ..... in in he car!!?
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Meteor
Posted: Jan 29 2017, 09:38 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

In the manga, Takumi makes a record run on Akina's downhill with Natsuki in the passenger seat. The manga then says that the two of them stayed out very late that night, and it then cuts to the next day.

So, it doesn't outright state they did anything more than go on a late night drive, but the implications are there.
xiao
Posted: Jan 29 2017, 12:32 PM

moon bunny

I betcha Bunta knew next morning exactly what happened when he had to clean the *yoo-hoo* off the Hachi's ceiling though... awesome.gif

...sorry I couldn't resist. facepalm.gif
umustwait101
Posted: Jan 29 2017, 06:43 PM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

I'm sure that they stayed up all night talking about life in Takumi's car. Sex isn't the only possibility out there that requires staying out very late at night. Maybe they watched the stars on the peak of Mount Akina. Maybe it was a cloudless night and a cool breeze was blowing.
xiao
Posted: Jan 29 2017, 07:20 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 36 minutes, 30 seconds ago)
I'm sure that they stayed up all night talking about life in Takumi's car.  Sex isn't the only possibility out there that requires staying out very late at night.  Maybe they watched the stars on the peak of Mount Akina.  Maybe it was a cloudless night and a cool breeze was blowing.

These are high-school kids w/o internet and/or video games in the middle of nowhere hot springs city Nippon .....

SPOILER
char
Posted: Jan 30 2017, 12:51 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 16,876

actually i believe the manga said they went to a 'love hotel'

kyonpalm
Posted: Jan 30 2017, 01:58 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (char @ 1 hour, 7 minutes ago)
actually i believe the manga said they went to a 'love hotel'

This. I don't think it was shown in Third Stage, but yeah, they did it.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Samoro
Posted: Jan 30 2017, 06:26 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 46,822

Itsuki asks about Takumi if he had sex with Natsuki, stay quiet for some minutes before dodge his question.
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 30 2017, 07:46 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

It's implied they did it, but that's about it.
umustwait101
Posted: Jan 31 2017, 09:05 PM

Osaka-kun

I'm sure they had a clean and friendly relationship. There's nothing in the series to imply otherwise. I don't think it even showed them kissing. I don't even remember the series showing them hugging, though my memory may be getting cloudy with age.

I once slept in a love hotel with two friends. We didn't do anything other than sleep, since we were all guys and not homo ones. Love hotels are very affordable. Two high schoolers strapped for cash might consider it since money is a big deal. Mhm. Yup. That sounds about right.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to cover my eyes and ears with my hands now.
Meteor
Posted: Feb 1 2017, 01:03 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

I don't think it even showed them kissing.

It did. Both in First Stage and the manga. It must've been a while since you've last revisited the series then.

Also, as far as Japanese storytelling is concerned, two people heading into a love hotel for innocent purposes happens more in raunchy comedies than it does in more serious works of fiction tongue.gif

You may now resume covering your eyes and ears.
Snowflake172
  Posted: Feb 3 2017, 04:20 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Meteor @ Jan 29 2017, 09:38 AM)
In the manga, Takumi makes a record run on Akina's downhill with Natsuki in the passenger seat. The manga then says that the two of them stayed out very late that night, and it then cuts to the next day.

So, it doesn't outright state they did anything more than go on a late night drive, but the implications are there.

Do you know which manga volume this was in? I've read some of the manga before but I don't remember this part.
kyonpalm
Posted: Feb 4 2017, 11:03 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Snowflake172 @ Yesterday, 8:20 PM)
Do you know which manga volume this was in? I've read some of the manga before but I don't remember this part.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 791 x 1200. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 818 x 1200. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
umustwait101
Posted: Feb 5 2017, 12:14 AM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Yesterday, 11:03 AM)

https://puu.sh/tOiYM/db8ded9af9.jpg

https://puu.sh/tOiZt/5b3bd0956b.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
Snowflake172
  Posted: Feb 7 2017, 12:13 PM

IDW Member

I feel that the stories between the anime and manga are slightly different which is purposely done to give the reader/viewer more than one view on the whole story.

For instance, in the manga, it states that the AE86 would go to the scrap yard after it died at the end of the final race in Final Stage while in the anime, the 86 would still be retired from racing but Takumi will eventually put a new engine in it and continue to drive it. The differences are small but they do affect the readers/viewers perception of the characters a lot. The manga sort of gives direct details as to what happens while the anime leaves an open ended conclusion which leaves the viewer to make their own assumption as to what happens.

This post has been edited by Snowflake172 on Feb 7 2017, 12:23 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Feb 7 2017, 12:31 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

I wonder if that is really it, some of the stuff they didn't include made sense (such as the random cousin of the Takahashi's, Takumi and Natsuki visiting Akagi with a former senior student from their school) whereas others, like Takumi expertedly evading a car crash in the Impreza, seemed like they would've been a neat addition to the story in the animated series.
xiao
Posted: Feb 7 2017, 01:02 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Snowflake172 @ 48 minutes, 4 seconds ago)
I feel that the stories between the anime and manga are slightly different which is purposely done to give the reader/viewer more than one view on the whole story.

I think Shigeno just had a bit more creative freedom in the manga ~ for example that fantasy at the begining when Takumi visualises Natsuki all cheeky~

That's one of the pro's of the manga ... whereas the anime shines in other aspects like Eurobeat & color ~ laugh.gif
Samoro
Posted: Feb 7 2017, 02:08 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 46,822

QUOTE (xiao @ 1 hour, 6 minutes ago)
I think Shigeno just had a bit more creative freedom in the manga ~ for example that fantasy at the begining when Takumi visualises Natsuki all cheeky~

That's one of the pro's of the manga ... whereas the anime shines in other aspects like Eurobeat & color ~ laugh.gif

Plus: The manga had much more fanservice than anime (Boobies and panties).
Tessou
Posted: Feb 7 2017, 02:23 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

Standards are different for manga and anime. It was sanitized for television. Lots of series' do this.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
umustwait101
Posted: Feb 8 2017, 05:03 PM

Osaka-kun

And I was thinking Initial D was above fan service. Seems it only applied to the anime. I disagree that the anime needed to be sanitized, as there's anime even during the time of First Stage that were raunchier.
kyonpalm
Posted: Feb 9 2017, 12:22 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ Yesterday, 9:03 PM)
And I was thinking Initial D was above fan service.

It's a shounen manga from the '90s.
umustwait101
Posted: Feb 9 2017, 12:33 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 11 minutes, 37 seconds ago)
It's a shounen manga from the '90s.

Slam Dunk! also was in that category. As was Rurouni Kenshin... amongst others...
xiao
Posted: Feb 9 2017, 02:29 PM

moon bunny

Young Magazine is basically about titties, bikinis, & delinquent under-powered weenies ~ laugh.gif

This post has been edited by xiao on Feb 9 2017, 02:30 PM