Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Fly Me So High

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

8 Pages  « 4 5 6 7 8  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 71,710  ·  Replies: 189 
> IDAS5 Beginner's Guide, No clue as to what you're doing? Ask here!
justxsongs
Posted: Sep 27 2010, 11:14 PM

FUCK

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 32,783

QUOTE (*j*j* @ 6 hours, 25 minutes ago)
when u started drifting > brake till d actual speed > countersteer > wait a milisecond > reacccel .... good luck

Yeah I agreed the way to drift. try to countersteer in fast motion.
It's help to save your boost.

Anyway I figure out how to take the last gutter of the Akina DHD without grinding the wall.
I did some experiments and quite some results for mii.
DigiBunny
  Posted: Sep 27 2010, 11:40 PM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

What would they be? The best I can do is line the car up with the middle and then time my wheel lock.
justxsongs
Posted: Sep 28 2010, 10:55 PM

FUCK

Member No.: 32,783

Press the gas pedal until your wheel lock on the gutter den release the gas pedal.
Fast motion.
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 14 2010, 10:46 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

What does upgrading ECU and body does to the stats specifically?
Randy
Posted: Oct 14 2010, 03:55 PM

The Aspiring Sprinter

Member No.: 32,890

ECU is like Electronic Computer Unit. While I know what it does, I can't really put it into words...sorry. xD

As for the body, it's to improve stability and durability, as well as two stages of weight-reduction upgrade towards the car. smile.gif
DigiBunny
  Posted: Oct 14 2010, 05:55 PM

Reading is magic!

The ECU is what controls the engine, and all the functions related to it, i.e. Boost for turbocharged engines, throttle modulation if you floor it so it doesn't bog, etcetera etcetera.

However in the game, Electronics are supposed to lower your speed loss. Apparently. I really haven't noticed as we WANT speed loss.
diu.
Posted: Oct 28 2010, 09:13 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,054

ok this might of been answered before but what's the difference between EXP and 2.0 time attack wise?
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Oct 28 2010, 09:27 PM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

No difference between the two TA wise - thats why EXP 1.0 TAs are able to be brought forward to 2.0.
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 29 2010, 03:48 AM

Nagao Fanboy

One thing Im confused. How is it that drift style can still be quite fast when your drifting (and in a common example supposedly wear your tires more). Is there something Im missing here? Or it somehow avoids the loss of boost?

Also, when's a good time to start countersteering? I'm just starting out on drifting and Im having a hard time figuring out the point of entry, timing of gas, steering angle and Im crashing into the wall quite a bit.
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Oct 29 2010, 05:44 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 1 hour, 55 minutes ago)
One thing Im confused. How is it that drift style can still be quite fast when your drifting (and in a common example supposedly wear your tires more). Is there something Im missing here? Or it somehow avoids the loss of boost?

Also, when's a good time to start countersteering? I'm just starting out on drifting and Im having a hard time figuring out the point of entry, timing of gas, steering angle and Im crashing into the wall quite a bit.

In normal sense, drift does wear your tires more, but in the game, it saves your boost (don't know why)

When you're drifting, you can step on the gas to the fullest, even to the point of revving.... so it's faster than grip style

If you're drifting and you're really facing the corner, countersteer more, but not too much, practice makes perfect

The point of entry is just the same when you're using grip style

Step on the gas after you starts to drift

If you can't countersteer well, reduce your drift angle

Hope this helps =)

A better way is to look at how people step on the pedals and steering when drifting

This post has been edited by Takahashi Rensuke on Oct 29 2010, 05:49 AM
DigiBunny
  Posted: Oct 29 2010, 06:45 AM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 2 hours, 56 minutes ago)

To not crash, you'd want to start experimenting with slower than normal grip speeds first (About 3-4KPH should be reasonable) and playing with how you hit the gas. I've noticed that one quick pedal tap makes you slide faster than holding it down. Holding it down afterwards actually seems to stabilize you better than staying off the gas.

Countersteer is best applied the minute you start to swing, in varying degrees. I personally have large arcs in controlling the RX8, so I basically yank back and forth when entering a corner drifting.

Wait.
This isn't a Beginner tech!
ishida
Posted: Oct 30 2010, 01:44 AM

Puppet Master

Member No.: 35,836

haha it become more advance than a beginner's guide shifty2.gif ....anyways the best way to drift is when entering a corner as usual, hold the brakes, when doing that, tap the gas while pushing the steering wheel a bit to the side you're going, when the car over-steers, counter-steer....hope this helps... wink2.gif
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Oct 30 2010, 03:57 PM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (ishida @ Yesterday, 5:44 PM)
haha it become more advance than a beginner's guide shifty2.gif ....anyways the best way to drift is when entering a corner as usual, hold the brakes, when doing that, tap the gas while pushing the steering wheel a bit to the side you're going, when the car over-steers, counter-steer....hope this helps... wink2.gif

lol ishida's explaination is much better and simpler than mine

yup, overall is just like that
SonicSP
Posted: Nov 4 2010, 12:06 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Thanks I guess, been working on it a bit.

Just one problem though, what is exactly the benefits of drifting? It slows you down of course, which is always a good thing but shouldn't your tires wear out even more if you drift as opposed to just gripping? (at least........in real life it would)

Then again, in real life there's no such thing as sudden massive boosts of acceleration after exiting a corner either.

I usually touch the wall at some point though, need to work on the line a bit. Also, what should I do after the tap in? Should I brake more or accelerate. I seem to have gotten a habbit of doing brake-tap-brake-press gas recently. I'm not sure how much boost it's cutting me though because of the last part.

Nagao DH Dry personal best only 3:23:047 aprox in a FT Evo III. Average is proximately 25-26. Dunno how to get closer to the people who have 21 or lower frankly........ sad.gif (I swear I saw a 3:05 in Pyramid once IIRC, is that even possible?), there are some points in the course where drifting is very useful and I think that's the part that needs improving. My Irozaka fails however relative to most of the people I see. Guess I need to play more of that to improve that course and drifting there.

==========

Again off topic. I dunno why, but I think I'm feeling a bit unsatisfied with my AE86 Trueno's racing engine (takami pic right?). It feels a bit different from previously before the engine got to step 7, though it's obviously quite powerful. I wonder if I made the wrong choice? I've never tried the other two Step 7s before so I cannot make a personal comparison.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Nov 4 2010, 12:20 PM
DigiBunny
  Posted: Nov 4 2010, 05:55 PM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 5 hours, 48 minutes ago)
Thanks I guess, been working on it a bit.

Just one problem though, what is exactly the benefits of drifting? It slows you down of course, which is always a good thing but shouldn't your tires wear out even more if you drift as opposed to just gripping? (at least........in real life it would)

Then again, in real life there's no such thing as sudden massive boosts of acceleration after exiting a corner either.

I usually touch the wall at some point though, need to work on the line a bit. Also, what should I do after the tap in? Should I brake more or accelerate. I seem to have gotten a habbit of doing brake-tap-brake-press gas recently. I'm not sure how much boost it's cutting me though because of the last part.

Nagao DH Dry personal best only 3:23:047 aprox in a FT Evo III. Average is proximately 25-26. Dunno how to get closer to the people who have 21 or lower frankly........ sad.gif (I swear I saw a 3:05 in Pyramid once IIRC, is that even possible?), there are some points in the course where drifting is very useful and I think that's the part that needs improving. My Irozaka fails however relative to most of the people I see. Guess I need to play more of that to improve that course and drifting there.

==========

Again off topic. I dunno why, but I think I'm feeling a bit unsatisfied with my AE86 Trueno's racing engine (takami pic right?). It feels a bit different from previously before the engine got to step 7, though it's obviously quite powerful. I wonder if I made the wrong choice? I've never tried the other two Step 7s before so I cannot make a personal comparison.

Yeah. I have no idea myself as to why it works this way; however as it turns out the earlier you accelerate, the bigger of a shave off you get in your times. Thus...

Plus I'm pretty sure that in Akina's S curves, no car could floor it or half floor it through those at speeds in excess of 120KPH; gutter or not. So I'm pretty sure logic flies out the window here when we talk about tire boost.

Remember the reason why you tapped the gas to make the car slide. You want to go faster. Thus, get on the gas and ride that slide through.

If memory serves, my RX8 managed to score a good 3'19'xxx at FT. Nagao's just a course wherein you have to look at which sections you can push, which you can't, watch your speeds, and use the gutters without falling in. Iro's really a female dog when it comes to consistency, so that's just something you have to study by taking videos of yourself and making your exit speeds DEAD on every time.

==

Hoo boy! Another Engine mod question.

Your step 7 engine is a step 7 engine, no more, no less. Regardless of how high it revs, it's going to perform the same as the other two that are ( or were, in your case ) available. It's all in your head, mah boy.
SonicSP
Posted: Nov 4 2010, 08:23 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Maybe I'll make another Trueno. I've just gotto satisfy my strange curiousity on this topic. The way I learned about the boost system in this game was to try it out as well. It just doesn't make any sense before it was burned into your brain through experience. I have this strange habit of trying to tune cars now, when I should be should more practice TA runs to imrpove my time. But Exp 2.0 does that to you.

Maybe Ishida can help me out, I think his Trueno uses one of the other Step 7 Engine tunes IIRC.
Bumpercam
Posted: Nov 8 2010, 05:46 PM

Rage Against The Light

Member No.: 36,515

A little beginner's choice question. I've been cycling Akagi, Iroha, and Akina for TAs in an effort to familiarize myself to the game. After that three course... Where to? Nagao? Happo? Or I shouldn't bother until I can break 3:20 in Akina?
tkrd48
Posted: Nov 8 2010, 06:07 PM

IDAS5 Team GT

Member No.: 34,011

QUOTE (Bumpercam @ 21 minutes, 41 seconds ago)
A little beginner's choice question. I've been cycling Akagi, Iroha, and Akina for TAs in an effort to familiarize myself to the game. After that three course... Where to? Nagao? Happo? Or I shouldn't bother until I can break 3:20 in Akina?

Better practice 1 by 1. Make sure you really know the course 1st and have improve you time to move to another course, that my way... How about others opinion???
DigiBunny
  Posted: Nov 8 2010, 07:40 PM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (Bumpercam @ 1 hour, 54 minutes ago)

If you break Akina at 3'20, then it's definitely a good sign that you're getting the physics of the game. However it's by no means necessary to do so. Nagao and Happo are totally different courses with starkly contrasting headache areas, so any training you would do on one course would ultimately only give you a small general heads up on other courses.

I'd say run around everywhere a bit, just so you know which areas are probably bound to screw you over when you run into them. Then practice your manipulation of the physics at a course you're comfortable with.

----

I ran around a bit with Takumi in Nagao. That was rather interesting; I had no idea he actually falls into a gutter halfway through the course.
*VIC*
Posted: Nov 8 2010, 07:50 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 35,152

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 9 minutes, 16 seconds ago)
If you break Akina at 3'20, then it's definitely a good sign that you're getting the physics of the game. However it's by no means necessary to do so. Nagao and Happo are totally different courses with starkly contrasting headache areas, so any training you would do on one course would ultimately only give you a small general heads up on other courses.

I'd say run around everywhere a bit, just so you know which areas are probably bound to screw you over when you run into them. Then practice your manipulation of the physics at a course you're comfortable with.

----

I ran around a bit with Takumi in Nagao. That was rather interesting; I had no idea he actually falls into a gutter halfway through the course.

Is the gutter after the 1st long gutter? Because in the past when I battled him, he just became very slow after a corner with the gutter that is not suppose to be used...
tkrd48
Posted: Nov 8 2010, 07:53 PM

IDAS5 Team GT

Member No.: 34,011

QUOTE (*VIC* @ 2 minutes, 57 seconds ago)
Is the gutter after the 1st long gutter? Because in the past when I battled him, he just became very slow after a corner with the gutter that is not suppose to be used...

I think in the manga, he actually use the gutter, I can enter the gutter but I think will lose boost by doing so cause you have to push the speed to clear that gutter
DigiBunny
  Posted: Nov 8 2010, 08:23 PM

Reading is magic!

It was kinda like the battle with the Cappucino; he misjudged his entry and ended up sparking metal.

Not that I saw any sparks.
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Nov 8 2010, 11:42 PM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (Bumpercam @ 5 hours, 56 minutes ago)

If I were you, I run a few rounds of all the courses, breaking some records, then choose the favourite course and focus on it
DigiBunny
  Posted: Nov 13 2010, 05:35 AM

Reading is magic!

Updated the first page with LOUIS' vid.
DAMN that's inspiring.
SonicSP
Posted: Dec 3 2010, 02:36 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I was wondering, does the rate of deceleration when entering a corner actually affect the rate of acceleration I get after I exit it?

For example, if I were to decelerate 100 kmh in 3 seconds as I enter a corner, would I gain more acceleration than if I were to decelerate 100 kmh in 5 seconds? (assuming plenty of boost left in both scenario)

8 Pages  « 4 5 6 7 8