Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - ON THE SPEEEEEDWAY

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

29 Pages  « 26 27 28 29  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 76,085  ·  Replies: 716 
> My 1990 240sx project..., pray for me...seriously
DALAZ_68
  Posted: May 31 2011, 09:32 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 8,512

QUOTE (sidewaysstarion @ 2 hours, 36 minutes ago)
register it in a smog exempt county, no need to worry about the cops smile.gif

nope, no thanks...rather not, ill just tow it
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Jun 6 2011, 08:23 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

so finally had a chance to vist my buddy Ray at West Covina nissan for some gaskets for the oil pan.

the original Felpro gasket i bought and installed was no bueno, didnt fit at all, gapping at the half moons on the front and back was horrible and was a leak waiting to happen, so went to nissan got the 2 half moon gaskets, and per OEM spec, RTV'ed the rest of the pan

that got done but since i was doing it, i didnt bother actually taking pics...lol

we got around to installing the first half of the intake manifold, with now that the secondary butterfly system is actually been completely deleted and the holes in the manifold welded shut...
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

next up was checking the injectors, lucky me
comparison of the old and new
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

stock left is 370cc, on the right Denzo 560cc

as you can see here is the issue
user posted image

the cap on the 560's was to wide...yeah, i nearly :trogdor:

with the genious of my Luis, he had a brilliant, yet risky move
Lathe the f**kers down
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 768 x 1024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

the difference was around .12 or less...so with a quick lathe and sanding...
user posted image

on the right the finish lathed injector, on the left the unlathed injector...perfect fit...

next issue was the ever so popular Nismo FPR, this is the SR model Type A i believe, which is the only bolt on available for the CA...and as you can see the curvature is different
user posted image

so what we did, was hack the curve off the old FRP, and just hooked up a piece of high pressure hose, and clamped it nice and pretty...
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 768 x 1024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

so now all i need to do is get new O-rings and seals to finish up the fuel rail and finish installing the intake...the exhaust manifold is just waiting on some aftermarket gasket for the block to manifold and itll go on...

so yeah, nothing crazy, but its moving foward even more...its getting closer and closer...
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Jun 12 2011, 11:06 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

yay for more progress...

got the seals and O-rings i needed fro Ray at West Co Nissan...

got the fuel rail and injectors installed and ready to go in no time once i got to my mechs house
user posted image

Luis got me some baller metal multi-layered gaskets for the exhaust side
user posted image

with that we got the manifold bolted down and ready to go
user posted image

shitty comparison of the original T25 (which by the way is smaller than a stock t25 on an sr) and the new T28
user posted image

got the new A/N lines bolted up and tightened down...
user posted image

Mech got down on the grinder and finished porting out the intake manifold
user posted image

all pretty
user posted image

cleaned and ready to mount
user posted image

and officially bolted back together
user posted image

user posted image

need to buy some clamps and hoses for the VC's and shell be buttoned up and ready to drop back in,

next task is putting the Transmission back together, new seals, ball for the clutch fork, spring, retainer, and all that jazz...

awesome.gif

This post has been edited by DALAZ_68 on Jun 12 2011, 11:06 PM
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Jun 20 2011, 10:48 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

not exactly a big update but it is to me

first and formost i finished getting all the hoses and clamps installed that it needed in the har to get places that would be a total PITA if the motor was in...

user posted image

user posted image

test fitted the new o2 sensor to the new Turbo elbow that completes my 3'' exhaust system finally
user posted image

and finally got the car moved to get the engine/trans finally dropped...this week is looking promising... awesome.gif
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Aug 2 2011, 11:10 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

so its been a good minute since i updated this...but after a good amount of delays, work, money, and other BS, we finally got the engine finally back into the car...

user posted image

had to buy one of these from Nissan since my swap didnt come with the plate cover

user posted image

a nice specially home made tool for pulling that damn bearing...worked beautifully
user posted image

Stage2 Spec clutch, ARP flywheel bolts and JUN lightweight flywheel
user posted image

finally, as of 11P.M. the motor and trans are finally back in the chassis
user posted image

fab work still left, wiring, need to pick up the single piece driveshaft and wiring...but the milestone of getting this thing in is finally behind me smile.gif
Steve
Posted: Oct 7 2011, 08:36 AM

IDW Saiyan

Member No.: 1,205

Very nice dude. I'm liking where you're taking this. Keep us updated!
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Oct 31 2011, 11:16 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

QUOTE (Steve @ Oct 7 2011, 08:36 AM)
Very nice dude. I'm liking where you're taking this. Keep us updated!

well the car is finally back home after motor rebuild, goodies added, and tuned... 250hp on Dynapack...

car feels amazing...now saving money for event and most likely a new engine harness since mine is total sh*t... facepalm.gif
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Nov 27 2011, 01:36 AM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

cars been running great...just running it around the neighborhood scaring everyone and just keeping the optima charged...

finally bought my harnesses from wiring specialties to get rid of all my wiring issues i have with my current harness...cheers...ill post once it gets here... smile.gif
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Dec 15 2011, 06:28 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

got these from a buddy for helping him on his car

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 539. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

waiting on the rest for a complete set up...

gonna powder coat em and re build em... awesome.gif
Jardim
Posted: Dec 17 2011, 09:20 AM

Willing to throw 5's on the blunt your smoking.

Member No.: 15,519

Should be sufficient for the lightweight S chassi.
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Dec 17 2011, 12:40 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

QUOTE (Jardim @ 3 hours, 19 minutes ago)
Should be sufficient for the lightweight S chassi.

they tend to be...just waiting for everything else bmc, ebrake assembly... gonna rebuild and errthing...
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Jan 19 2012, 03:19 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

got my fresh wire harnesses today

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 711. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 711. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 717. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

i cant wait to install this thing!!!

awesome.gif awesome.gif awesome.gif awesome.gif awesome.gif awesome.gif
awesome.gif
Ayako Watanabe
Posted: Jan 19 2012, 09:40 PM

Living In A Amish Paradise

Member No.: 2,415

I take it the new wiring harness has less crap and more necessary stuff, so to speak of course laugh.gif
HorizontalMitsubishi
Posted: Jan 20 2012, 10:53 AM

Part of the Tessou Signature Series

Member No.: 2,022

so wait, does this mean your ecu is going to see more then 9 volts at idle?
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Jan 20 2012, 12:43 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

QUOTE (Ayako Watanabe @ Yesterday, 9:40 PM)
I take it the new wiring harness has less crap and more necessary stuff, so to speak of course laugh.gif

no...its a OEM style replacement...my old one is just hacked to shit so i wanted a fresh piece of ass to make this work better

HorizontalMitsubishi - thats what im aiming for here... awesome.gif
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Mar 29 2012, 09:54 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

did some work on the car last 2 weekends

got the dash off and removed all the heater core/ac stuff...soooo roomy got my buddy mike to install an amp, hooked an aux cable directly to it and boom phone to amp, amp to speakers, no stereo needed just waiting on my bud luis to make my speaker holders for the rear
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 767 x 432. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

all the wiring we hacked out...lol
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 767 x 432. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

i gotta tell yah...this harness came out so horribly...it didnt come out in 2 pieces like it should (lower and upper) it came up all entangled horribly...made me just cringe...
user posted image

just a close up on the ecu plug
user posted image

got the Taurus fan mounted and working, dual speed, first on ign second on switch...

gotta clean up the wiring under thedriver side fender...

cant wait, almost ready
Jardim
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 11:29 AM

Willing to throw 5's on the blunt your smoking.

Member No.: 15,519

Damn thats a lot of wires, what are you looking at interior wise? just a dash and your seat and a steering wheel? or everyday comfort items?`
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Mar 31 2012, 01:46 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

QUOTE (Jardim @ 2 hours, 16 minutes ago)
Damn thats a lot of wires, what are you looking at interior wise? just a dash and your seat and a steering wheel? or everyday comfort items?`

car is track only...all ac/heater stuff is gone, all thats left is dash, gauges, amp/speakers, bucket driver seat, s14 pass seat, and steering wheel, including seat belts, everything else is gone...need some carper on the driver side to help make it look cleaner...not comfy but deff reliable...
sideways
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 05:16 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

Gotta love the Gonz. Will be exciting to see that thing back on the road
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Apr 17 2012, 11:19 AM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

QUOTE (sideways @ Mar 31 2012, 05:16 PM)
Gotta love the Gonz. Will be exciting to see that thing back on the road

road no...track yes ...im eager as hell since its pretty much done...

got some of the last stuff done

with the help of my pops and his OG belt driven dremel, he took my gauge holder and grooved the holes for the angled pods

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 577. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

once it was done i hit it with some high heat flat black

user posted image

more dremel work on the rear c clamps (came with the autometer angled pods) and drilled out the holes to match my gauges (STRI gauges)

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 577. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

added a bolt going reversed way with butterfly nut and will use a piece of metal or plaxtic to help brace it to the black of the dash and the other for the back of the center console

user posted image

once installed
user posted image

user posted image

simple and clean awesome.gif
HorizontalMitsubishi
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 11:54 AM

Part of the Tessou Signature Series

Member No.: 2,022

I love it, are you planning on putting a radio in that thing?
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Apr 20 2012, 11:47 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

nah...got an amp hooked up to speakers, and Aux cable to amp...just gonna use my phone for music awesome.gif
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Dec 30 2012, 06:21 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

Its settled, if i dont have money to drive this fucken thing next year its getting sold... Its deppressing, but no money means no fun, and rhis whole star station forbsmog is gonna make it impossible to register again...so cheers and heres hoping

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
DrunkByGreenTea
Posted: Jan 11 2013, 02:43 AM

IDW's Know It All

Member No.: 5,846

you sure? seems like a waste considering all the work you put into it...
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Jan 11 2013, 06:56 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

QUOTE (DrunkByGreenTea @ Today, 2:43 AM)
you sure? seems like a waste considering all the work you put into it...

trust me, if anyone understand that more than anyone, its me...but its just a realization of my current situation... facepalm.gif

29 Pages  « 26 27 28 29