Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Highway Obsession

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 8,573  ·  Replies: 62 
> Paul Walker, Dead at 40, :(
Varcion
Posted: Dec 1 2013, 12:05 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,579

Every1 was shocked at the late Thanksgiving party that I was at earlier. A complete "WTF?" moment.
Gunma's 34
Posted: Dec 1 2013, 12:41 AM

The R34's chosen one

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 27,787

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 5 hours, 34 minutes ago)
Not buying anything until the hype settles and we get an official report. Everyone's just reblogging TMZ (which is the sad state of journalism these days, but that's another thread).

At first, 50% of his fanbase claimed it was a hoax because TMZ (myself included)

Then minutes later, the LA local police report came in, ABC, NBC news reported, His official twitter and FB were updated - and it sealed the deal.

Not one of the greatest racing movies of all time but he's iconic around the world both in and out of the racing culture.

I believe he was responsible in extending the JDM hype to the Western side of the world's younger/new generation - that was his greatest and inhuman achievement.

He'll be missed.

-------------

On the topic of TMZ though, just my two cents, but due to past news resolutions of celebrities dying but were hoax's, it really didn't do much credibility, at first, to TMZ - like the classic childhood story of the Boy who Cried wolf.
sideways
Posted: Dec 1 2013, 02:13 AM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

Ive had the pleasure of meeting Paul a couple of times at the track during the Red Line time attacks- He was a *very* cool guy to chat with and extremely nice to his fans (myself included). Not much else I can say that hasnt been said already sadly.
Nerubian
Posted: Dec 1 2013, 03:12 AM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

I don't know what to say. He was such a great dude. sad.gif
I'll miss him.
Perry
Posted: Dec 1 2013, 03:41 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

It just makes you realize accidents can happen to anyone. When it's your time to go, nothing can stop it. Maybe there's a meaning to all these, maybe there isn't. Only God knows.

It makes you realize how fragile life can be. One moment you are laughing and having a great time doing a great service for the community; next moment you are without a heartbeat. Poof. Gone.

We need to live with no regrets because we never know when our time is up.

Sorry for the downer post, was feeling a little depressed by the news. Still trying to sink in...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Lonely_Driver
Posted: Dec 1 2013, 05:57 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,019

this is terrible news. read it last night and hoped to hear it was a hoax today sad.gif

RIP Paul Walker
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
takumi-kun
Posted: Dec 1 2013, 07:31 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 22,640

i dont know if anyone has posted this yet but im definitely getting one

http://www.overnightdecalsfromjapan.com/r-...ed-to-roww-org/
Fast
Posted: Dec 1 2013, 07:44 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,986

RIP. May he get to chase 10 sec. timeslips in heaven.

This tragedy is also a testament to how dangerous Porsche Carrera GTs are. It has a very tricky clutch to engage, goes from 40-80 in a blink of an eye and the handling can get murderous when at the limit and when you're not ready to catch it. The Stig himself spun it 5 times before getting a clean timed lap on the Top Gear test track.

Paul's death, in a few ways, parallels the death of James Dean. Dean was also a Hollywood heartthrob, an auto racing enthusiast, was killed whlle in a Porsche 550 Spyder and died way too young (even younger in Dean's case @ 24).

This post has been edited by Fast on Dec 1 2013, 09:44 AM
Spaz
  Posted: Dec 1 2013, 09:07 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

This is actually hitting me fairly hard... I have a handful of good friendships that I can say may not exist if it weren't for his influence in others' lives. People are always so quick to judge outpourings like this with comments like "You didn't know him, why does it matter?", when they don't realize the impact that an individual like Paul can have. But I can safely say that through those friendships, he DID affect my life.

The other side of it too is my own recent accident, having been in a high speed, single car collision where I was effectively along for the ride, it's really, really eye opening. Even last week, I'd have been one to tell you that it's by pure luck (with a dash of my ability to keep calm under pressure) that I'm sitting here typing this, and now seeing the finality that those same speeds can inflict upon us is just cause to think... And thinking doesn't help.
JKaiba
Posted: Dec 1 2013, 12:28 PM

Alias The J'

Member No.: 16,596

I introduced him to my wife and she asked for a photo with him less than an hour before it happened. My last words to him were "I'll be seeing you; Please take care Paul.." user posted image

Feeling a little haunted. wavecry.gif
MidnightViper88
Posted: Dec 1 2013, 04:33 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

QUOTE (JKaiba @ Today, 4:28 PM)
Feeling a little haunted.

Not being callous, but I don't know why you should. Cherish that last photo as an opportunity to have even met such a cool guy. Appreciate the fact that was how he lived and remember him by the memory he left with you two. You got a personal privilege that not many people in the world got to have. Honor him that way.
RalliKai
Posted: Dec 1 2013, 08:45 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

I really didn't follow him outside of his movies so I didn't know just how big of an enthusiast he was until this happened. It was interesting learning what he did for the community as a whole. I found this on another forum and it struck me alittle hard.

user posted image
razorsuKe
Posted: Dec 1 2013, 09:48 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 12,243

You hear nothing but good things about Paul, including random acts of kindness:

QUOTE (http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/30/showbiz/actor-paul-walker-dies/index.html?hpt=hp_t2)

Walker's generosity

Tales of the actor's philanthropy are not new. CNN confirmed one story from a decade ago when Walker noticed a young U.S. military veteran shopping with his fiance for a wedding ring in a Santa Barbara jewelry store.

"The groom was just back from duty in Iraq, and he was going to be deployed again soon and wanted to buy a wedding ring, but he said he just could not afford it," saleswoman Irene King told CNN. "I don't think the soldier realized how expensive those rings are, about $10,000."

Although Walker noticed them, the couple apparently did not know who he was, King said.

"Walker called the manager over and said, 'Put that girl's ring on my tab,' " she said. "Walker left all his billing info, and it was a done deal. The couple was stunned. She was thrilled and could not believe someone did this."

King called it "the most generous thing I have ever seen."

It's kinda hitting me hard too, so sudden...
Though if you read up on his past achievements, he led a great and fulfilling life smile.gif
Shirogane
Posted: Dec 1 2013, 09:56 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (razorsuKe @ 8 minutes, 11 seconds ago)
You hear nothing but good things about Paul, including random acts of kindness:

QUOTE (http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/30/showbiz/actor-paul-walker-dies/index.html?hpt=hp_t2)

Walker's generosity

Tales of the actor's philanthropy are not new. CNN confirmed one story from a decade ago when Walker noticed a young U.S. military veteran shopping with his fiance for a wedding ring in a Santa Barbara jewelry store.

"The groom was just back from duty in Iraq, and he was going to be deployed again soon and wanted to buy a wedding ring, but he said he just could not afford it," saleswoman Irene King told CNN. "I don't think the soldier realized how expensive those rings are, about $10,000."

Although Walker noticed them, the couple apparently did not know who he was, King said.

"Walker called the manager over and said, 'Put that girl's ring on my tab,' " she said. "Walker left all his billing info, and it was a done deal. The couple was stunned. She was thrilled and could not believe someone did this."

King called it "the most generous thing I have ever seen."

It's kinda hitting me hard too, so sudden...
Though if you read up on his past achievements, he led a great and fulfilling life smile.gif

Damn, and an expensive charity deed, too.
Makes you wonder what he'd do for a homeless kid... sad.gif

Anywhoo, me and my friends went on GT5 for a bit of a Walker Tribute cruise. Odd, but it happened. Except I was the only bloke who went with a modified GT-R.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tQVvWYnG4 )
But she looked 18 of..
  Posted: Dec 1 2013, 11:19 PM

I put the F U in FUN

Member No.: 1,546

I'm more saddened by this news then I probably should be. I don't usually think much of it when a celebrity passes away but it seem's many people were shook up at Paul Walkers unfortunate passing. All I've heard is that he was a genuinely cool guy and down to earth guy. Sideways/Matt being one of the people I've spoken with over the years telling me stories about meeting him here and there. Paul also did a lot of charity work including being the founder of Reach out World Wide, which I personally wasn't aware of until recently.

https://www.roww.org/about_us.php

Vortrex
Posted: Dec 2 2013, 04:27 AM

1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86

Member No.: 38,745

This was the most unexpected thing I could ever imagine. Without Paul Walker and his Skyline. I would have never loved cars and I wouldn't have seen Initial D...
I made a facebookpost for him:

When he was racing in Fast and Furious I really liked him. And when he drove the Skyline R34 GT-R the first time in 2 Fast 2 Furious. I was sold.
It was the beginning of my car life, dat sound I will never forget!
http://youtu.be/hWcID2JgztU?t=1m14s

R.I.P. Paul Walker 1973 - 2013

My condolences to him and his family.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 396. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Jericho_MPM
Posted: Dec 2 2013, 05:45 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 31,630

He was a very nice guy indeed.

Also if anyone wants to say anything his daugther has made this page.

https://www.facebook.com/officialMeadowwalker?fref=ts
JKaiba
Posted: Dec 2 2013, 08:36 AM

Alias The J'

I feel privileged to have been able to speak to Paul at all outside of a professional capacity, especially on that last day. In true car guy fashion he put a face to a car in order to remember who I was during that conversation. I'm grateful I was able to talk to him while all was well, to introduce my wife to him and that I had nothing but good things to share since the last time we spoke just after 4 Fast was getting ready to launch, I was losing my job and without a paddle.

I've been getting a lot of questions from everyone about what is going to happen and what to do and generally people looking for guidance. Craig Lieberman I think put it best in his post "If you want to honor Paul's legacy, forget car cruises, tribute pages, etc., donate to his charity, Reach Out World Wide." http://www.roww.org/

I also don't want anyone to forget the other man who lost his life. Roger Rodas. He was one of the owners of Always Evolving, the specialty car dealership and service where the event happened. I only met Roger very briefly before but he was a gentleman through and through and a philanthropist in his own right. He is survived by his wife and 2 kids and my heart goes out to them. http://www.heavy.com/.../roger-rodas-paul-walker-crash.../
Slade
Posted: Dec 2 2013, 12:38 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 3,304

Im so bummed out by this sad.gif .Im going to miss him.Also he was just one of those down to earth guys and didnt seem like your typical actor today.

He was the other half of the Fast and Furious Franchise.I wonder how theyre goinga change the story now or even end the movies after the next one.

Heres a leaked version of Hans Funeral and Roman says he doesnt want any more funerals.Brian say there will be one more for Jason Stathems character.
Fast7

RIP Paul
Spaz
  Posted: Dec 2 2013, 12:45 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

You're lucky to have known him and Roger, J, though I understand that makes the loss that much more difficult for you.

A local auto event group is putting together a memorial charity cruise that they intend to make an annual event... All proceeds every year will be donated to ROWW. It's sad that it takes things like this, but it's always impressive to see how the car community bands together to cope with losses, be they personal or otherwise. It's something that Furious 6 hit the nail on the head with as a strong theme: Family. That's what we are here, and it takes nothing short of that to get us through.
psychoazn
Posted: Dec 2 2013, 03:29 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 1,617

@JKaiba: I was also at the event... I left around 2PM. I was in this car:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1224 x 918. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
JKaiba
Posted: Dec 2 2013, 09:30 PM

Alias The J'

psychoazn: You were parked inside as well weren't you? I'm sorry we didn't bump into each other. PM me if you have FB info so we don't miss each other next time.
Perry
Posted: Dec 3 2013, 10:47 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Jericho_MPM @ Yesterday, 5:45 AM)
Also if anyone wants to say anything his daugther has made this page.

https://www.facebook.com/officialMeadowwalker?fref=ts
Sadly, there’s also numerous people creating fake social media profiles claiming to be Meadow. We would like everyone to know that Meadow does not currently have any public profiles and is not currently active on social media. We ask that her privacy be respected at this time.

- Team PW

Some sick-minded individuals are using this opportunity to create fake profiles and memorial fanpages to get likes. I think it's very disrespectful to monetize on someone's death. dry.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
psychoazn
Posted: Dec 4 2013, 08:29 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 1,617

QUOTE (JKaiba @ Dec 2 2013, 09:30 PM)
psychoazn: You were parked inside as well weren't you? I'm sorry we didn't bump into each other. PM me if you have FB info so we don't miss each other next time.

I wasn't parked inside the buildings... I parked rather discreetly in a regular parking spot, although some people noticed I still had WSIR wristbands on.

Fortunately the car is on the quieter side... I don't like attention >.<
Shirogane
Posted: Dec 4 2013, 09:31 AM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (Perry @ Yesterday, 11:47 PM)
Some sick-minded individuals are using this opportunity to create fake profiles and memorial fanpages to get likes. I think it's very disrespectful to monetize on someone's death. dry.gif

And then came this piece of work. It backfired to the point that the author is on suicide watch. Really? facepalm.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3