Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Manuel - Sun In The Rain

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 18,072  ·  Replies: 218 
> My build up thread, 1987 Turbo II
backalleyracer
  Posted: Mar 14 2008, 01:51 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 7,122

Ok so i am making this thread because i am doing a lot of shit to my car and i would like to share with you guys, besides that, i am making a good amount of money so the progress moves along very nicely, i add something to it at least once a week, i end up ordering a lot of stuff and i am just play the wait game most of the time,

at this point though, i have to many parts and not enough time, let me start off

The Car

1987 Mazda Turbo II
175,357 miles on chassie

The motor was rebuilt by the 2nd owner( i am the 4th) about 2,000 miles ago. The story is that the guy he sold it to( 3rd owner ) ended up HATING the red interior, so he switched EVERYTHING to black interior parts, but he had to sell it because someone broke into his house and he needed money fast, My good freind ( the 2nd owner ) knew i was in the market for one and he told me about it and i picked it up very quickly

The motor actually has S4 NA rotor's because they are higher compression, and GSL-SE corner seals, it also has a HKS F-CON piggy back fuel system, a HKS Old school boost gauge(the face matches the lighting on stock FC gauges) and HKS boost controller. That is what it was when i bought...a lot has changed in 2 weeks....

when i first got it

user posted image

First thing i did was some maintenance

user posted image
user posted image

i picked up some Tein Flex type coilovers for $300 by trading my suspension for his

user posted image

my old suspension parts...

user posted image

Racing beat sway bar

user posted image

Cusco lower arm bar

I put my koyo radiator in, turbo and NA can use the same radiators !!

user posted image

Did some nice grounding with help from a freind

user posted image

Replaces thermostat housing

user posted image

put this in...

user posted image

but made a huge mess...

user posted image
user posted image

final pic of the engine bay

user posted image

now i was done for that night

user posted image

more to come
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Mar 14 2008, 03:31 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

Good stuff. Keep it up. As for the mess you made, arent there small hand operated pumps you can pick up at your local hardware store to get the gear oil in without spilling it all over the place?

Ayako Watanabe
Posted: Mar 14 2008, 04:18 PM

Living In A Amish Paradise

Member No.: 2,415

Get that motor cleaned gently man gently lol

But its nice to see a Build-up RX7 thread around here. I was planning to get myself a nice FC along the way after I finish with the Cavalier, should be some good fun when I'm done.

backalleyracer
  Posted: Mar 14 2008, 05:23 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (WRX DEMON Type R @ Today at 3:31 PM)
Good stuff. Keep it up. As for the mess you made, arent there small hand operated pumps you can pick up at your local hardware store to get the gear oil in without spilling it all over the place?

as for that, the cheap ass pump i bought was well...shitty to say the least, it ended up leaking a lot and it was tough to get a good suction out of it, and ended up making a huge mess, not to mention i did change the fluid with just car lifted about 1 foot of the ground...

here is more...

a few days later i took it to one of my local meets on thursday and it was kinda funny but i got pulled over RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE MEET, because my car didnt have plates yet....

user posted image

the next few days...

I put the coilovers on a few days later and I also put on my work emtion Cr kai's( 17x9 +17 offset)

I did find something cool under the stock wheels, the car had some 10mm wheel spacers in the front, so i put those in the back and I had 5mm wheel spacers so i put those in the front

so it ends up making the wheels..

17x9 + 7 in rear
17x9 + 12 in front

heres some pic of them on

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Jardim
Posted: Mar 14 2008, 05:42 PM

Willing to throw 5's on the blunt your smoking.

Member No.: 15,519

all i have to say is
GOOD JOB =)
All you need is new paint and u will be straight
DK_2
Posted: Mar 14 2008, 05:52 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

Oh man those rims are sexy. happy.gif
HorizontalMitsubishi
Posted: Mar 15 2008, 11:13 AM

Part of the Tessou Signature Series

Member No.: 2,022

how much did you pick the car up for?
backalleyracer
  Posted: Mar 15 2008, 12:20 PM

IDW Goldmember

picked up the car for $2800
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Mar 15 2008, 03:01 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,634

All you need now is S5 tail lights. >_>

Seriously.

Does anyone like S4 tail light?

I'm on the market for another FC. Sucks for me, 'cause I live in the middle of nowhere on the east coast. Not much of anything around here. Hell, I've never seen another boosted FC aside from mine around my city. A couple NA ones though, mostly verts.

Anyway, what are your plans for that lil' puppy? Drift? AutoX? Or just dickin' around?
RSMi5FiT
Posted: Mar 15 2008, 05:30 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,611

coming along nicely i see thumbsup.gif
HorizontalMitsubishi
Posted: Mar 15 2008, 06:35 PM

user posted image

so whats with the blue jumper wire?
DeeBo
Posted: Mar 15 2008, 10:43 PM

'Murican

Member No.: 10,506

Nice man! Once you get it built up more you should bring it to my house. smile.gif Being in Vegas that is! tongue.gif

Oh yeah, I was thinking about getting a rotary... is it worth it? lol
DALAZ_68
Posted: Mar 15 2008, 11:17 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

Member No.: 8,512

well played sir..;happy to see another build thread on this site...
and a ROTARY no less...very nice job on doing maintenance first...a lot of people forget to do that first...

GL with the build fo sho happy.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
backalleyracer
  Posted: Mar 16 2008, 12:02 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (sidewaysstarion @ Yesterday at 6:35 PM)
user posted image

so whats with the blue jumper wire?

the guy i brought it from had a amp or some other stereo equipment but took it out before he sold the car to me, the wire actually goes through the steering rack hole and under the carpet, so it would be a little annoying to take it out, it is not hurting anything so it just chills there for now

Anyway, what are your plans for that lil' puppy? Drift? AutoX? Or just dickin' around

ok, don't take this the wrong way or anything guys, but i plan on going as far as I possibly can with drifting, aka, formula d, nopi, d1 ect..

i have been drifting for 4 years now with many different cars, i am not the greatest by any means, but i am not going to set my goals for anything less

and oh yea, my friend gave me a apexi turbo timer for free, a bov and is going to give me a external wastegate too

btw i seem to have forgotten to show the inside of the car....

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I also ordered an Intake and some block off plates, they came in the other day and i put the intake on, the block off plates are going to have to wait untill next weekend ( also pressure washed engine bay a bit )

user posted image

This post has been edited by backalleyracer on Mar 16 2008, 12:29 PM
MAD MAX
Posted: Mar 16 2008, 01:08 PM

Rotary Enthusiast

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE (Yoshida Seiji @ Yesterday at 6:01 PM)
All you need now is S5 tail lights. >_>

Seriously.

Does anyone like S4 tail light?

I'm on the market for another FC. Sucks for me, 'cause I live in the middle of nowhere on the east coast. Not much of anything around here. Hell, I've never seen another boosted FC aside from mine around my city. A couple NA ones though, mostly verts.

Anyway, what are your plans for that lil' puppy? Drift? AutoX? Or just dickin' around?

I don't mind the S4 tails but the S5 looks a 1000 times better I agree. The problem is that I can't stand the look of an S4 body with S5 tails for some reason. I own a 87 GXL and I really don't plan on switching for S5 tails.

Now for the principal subject: Very nice thread/build-up man. I'm really happy to see someone else with the FC bug on this forum. Now that I see you working on your FC makes me really want to get mine out of storage ASAP!!! (Damn Quebec winter) mad.gif

What happened to your silver N/A, you still have it?

BTW: Your HKS boost gauge is damn nice.

This post has been edited by MAD MAX on Mar 16 2008, 01:08 PM
backalleyracer
  Posted: Mar 16 2008, 01:19 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (MAD MAX @ Today at 1:08 PM)
What happened to your silver N/A, you still have it?

i tore it apart, sold most of the parts off of it, kept some, and sold the shell to a friend

I have a shit load of pictures of me tearing it apart, but it doesn't really have anything to do with this thread so i am not going to post them
HorizontalMitsubishi
Posted: Mar 16 2008, 01:35 PM

user posted image

thats what im wondering. also i have the exact same boost guage and boost controller you do. lol
backalleyracer
  Posted: Mar 16 2008, 03:01 PM

IDW Goldmember

if your talking about the wire that is grounded to the strut mount, that wire was connected to the factory radiator and was used as a low coolest sensor, the koyo does not come with that, so i just grounded the wire

if you are talking about the looped pink wire, that i for the fuel pump, i looped it in so that way i do not hit factory fuel cut, its more of a safety than anything else, i did that because after i did the grounding i was hitting factory fuel cut, so i rigged the fuel pump so it doesn't do that
HorizontalMitsubishi
Posted: Mar 16 2008, 08:26 PM

QUOTE (backalleyracer @ Today at 3:01 PM)
if your talking about the wire that is grounded to the strut mount, that wire was connected to the factory radiator and was used as a low coolest sensor, the koyo does not come with that, so i just grounded the wire

if you are talking about the looped pink wire, that i for the fuel pump, i looped it in so that way i do not hit factory fuel cut, its more of a safety than anything else, i did that because after i did the grounding i was hitting factory fuel cut, so i rigged the fuel pump so it doesn't do that

blink.gif ohmy.gif what does the fuel pump have to do with fuel cut? fuel cut is when the ecu stops pulsing the injectors, it doesnt shut off the fuel pump. do you have an hks fcd? it looks like you do. you should check the settings on it.
backalleyracer
  Posted: Mar 16 2008, 10:58 PM

IDW Goldmember

the fuel pump stays on, so even over revving still sending fuel, like I said, more of a safety then anything else

i actually learned that trick from a very experience rotary builder/tuner and he mentioned he does that in tuning
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Mar 17 2008, 02:49 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,634

Man, good luck in the future with what you wanna do. Seems we got the same idea goin' on. I've been at it for about three years myself. I'm putting together my third FC right now as well. 91 TII chassis harhar.

As far as S5 lights on S4 bodies. I feel you man. I tossed S5 lights on my 87, bwahahaha. I think it looks all right though.
DALAZ_68
Posted: Mar 17 2008, 04:27 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

may i suggest :

ne radiator hoses... cuz that upper one looks old int he pic... and plumber clamps to go with it aswell ermm2.gif
backalleyracer
  Posted: Mar 17 2008, 06:15 PM

IDW Goldmember

i have samco hoses, just lazy...and their blue...dont really match much...my hoses dont leak, so no problem

update

So i have a PFC Hks F-CON fuel management system and i ordered a HKS GCC (graphic control computer ) the other day. Well i went down to the store where i ordered to check up on it, it seems to be on its way and will hopefully be here this week. However, the funny story is, that when he called HKS to check the status on it, they said that they do not make that item anymore. At first i was scared, but then he told me that I would be getting the last one they have available !! Quite lucky i am.

This post has been edited by backalleyracer on Mar 17 2008, 06:57 PM
DALAZ_68
Posted: Mar 18 2008, 04:36 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

QUOTE (backalleyracer @ Yesterday at 6:15 PM)
i have samco hoses,

good choice...

im just saying...rotary and heat...

i remember i thought my hoses were fine til one popped in the Mt areas...just shoot some high temp paint on those hoses of ur choice and pop em in...

then again laziness does beat me too ...lol

Tomo
Posted: Mar 18 2008, 07:00 PM

Retired old man

Member No.: 9,983

looks good. Keep up the good work.

9 Pages  1 2 3 »