Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Dave Rodgers - Space Boy (New Generation Remix)

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a topic. Posting a repeated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Advertising without any actual participation in the forums is consider spamming. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
• Post Initial D / Automotive related merchandise here. Unrelated threads will be locked and the topic starter could receive a verbal warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

16 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 202,332  ·  Replies: 391 
> Initial D model kits, show them off
Möbius
Posted: Jan 5 2007, 08:26 PM

IDW Top Poster

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (DAKMOR @ Today at 10:30 PM)
AND PRICE!

They are a bit pricy, but they are really good. wink2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
StRikEOnDriFteR
Posted: Jan 5 2007, 09:39 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,737

so what kind of paint should I use for the brakes and all that kind of stuff? spray or some kind of bottle paint?
Import_Lexus
Posted: Jan 6 2007, 03:31 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 22,550

QUOTE (StRikEOnDriFteR @ Yesterday at 9:39 PM)
so what kind of paint should I use for the brakes and all that kind of stuff? spray or some kind of bottle paint?

usually for really small parts like brakes or taillights, headlights i just use bottle paint. Once again tamiya would be a good choice. wink2.gif

* plus if you use spray paint on really small parts your just going to waste most of the paint on the outer surface so yeah. Just use the spray paint for like the body of the car and interior if you would like.
DAKMOR
Posted: Jan 6 2007, 03:53 PM

SIBC FI 6.2L V8

Group: Banned
Member No.: 22,266

It is usually best to brush paint or marker(if you have those) small parts and parts that'll need other colors applied to them. But I seem to spray the biggest portions of the mdoel, and then paint over anything as needed, like gas caps, or pedals, I'll never have black pedals, never!!!!!

I'm not to good at all this, but I do enjoy it very much. Paint the disc steel or leave it chrome if it came chrome, or even aluminum. The caliper should be either a gray-like steel or some other color, like red or black.
Akira
Posted: Jan 7 2007, 07:13 AM

t3h_n00berer

Member No.: 3,280

QUOTE (marcopreto @ May 24 2006, 10:44 AM)
Hi:

It's finally finished! I had some troubles when painting the body, and the final paintjob has some (not so few) flaws!

Here are some pictures!!!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Hope you like it!

Now, I'm working on takumi's ride, the tofu shop ae86. I'm also using the fujimi kit, but this one is far poorer in detail (mainly in the undercariage).  I'm try to detail it somehow!

Here is a photo:

user posted image

By the way, anybody has photos from the front and rear suspension of these toyotas? They would be very helpfull if you could share them!

Thanks

Marco Preto

And THAT's how's it's done folks!!

I'm still doing some painting and building a new desk for model building, when I do I'm gonn a hit up this thread soo hard. XD

Did Mako and Saykuki's Sileighty havea sunroof? if so, nice job, if not, NICE JOB!!

This post has been edited by Akira on Jan 7 2007, 07:14 AM
Möbius
Posted: Jan 7 2007, 07:30 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (Akira @ Today at 10:13 AM)
And THAT's how's it's done folks!!

I'm still doing some painting and building a new desk for model building, when I do I'm gonn a hit up this thread soo hard. XD

Did Mako and Saykuki's Sileighty havea sunroof? if so, nice job, if not, NICE JOB!!

Did you see his in progress EG6 in the sticky? dribble.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Akira
Posted: Jan 7 2007, 08:01 AM

t3h_n00berer

I jst did, and I concur, THAT is the thread to eb hit up! XD
I don't know cause I have other forums that I go to for modelling.
97 LT1
Posted: Jan 8 2007, 09:54 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 22,582

You should get a couple of these and paint them to match Mako and Sayuki to finish off your Sil80.

http://www.fastwomen4u.com/cgi-local/ASI_S...ept+18fastwomen
DAKMOR
Posted: Jan 8 2007, 01:33 PM

SIBC FI 6.2L V8

marcopreto
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 02:17 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 6,599

Thanks you for all your kind words!

Akira, regarding the sun roof on the sil-80, I'm not sure if their car had it, but the fujimi kit instructed to include it (and I thought it would look nice)!

If you think my models look good, that is because you haven't seen the models of many other (much more talented) modellers.

I think I've said it before, but the guys at www.spc.org.uk forum are some of the best i've ever seen.

Unfortunately, i don't have any update pictures of either the "tofu shop" AE86 nor the civic eg6!

Here is a pictures of my modeling desk (it's always cluttered like this!!!)!

user posted image

Cheers

Marco Preto
Akira
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 04:11 AM

t3h_n00berer

I dunno I've seen quite a bit, I think you've managed to capture the right kind of look for an anime car.

I'm a regular at starship modeler and fichtenfoo.com, and if anyone here is even slightly into modeling or likes gundam or armor models, stop by both forums and take a look.

I'm gonna stop by spc now that you've recommended it, but still once I get my rig set up I'm gonna start on a lot, because I've got every tool and supply imaginable, all that's needed now is work. wink2.gif
Gizmo
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 11:17 AM

W00t!

Member No.: 6,139

Akira
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 02:14 PM

t3h_n00berer

Nice job there as well, shame about the hood.
havign trouble I see getting it back together?
I like the color red, but the metallic one you used not too much, makes it seem smaller almost.
97 LT1
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 02:21 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 22,582

I used to read some of the Scale Modeler magazines [specifically the car ones] a while back, and they would always show pictures of submitted models and from conventions and stuff. The craziest detailed models I've ever seen where the Factory Stock models. These guys would run brake lines, fuel lines, electrical wires [more then just spark plugs and battery cables], open all the doors and trunks, wire led's into the lights, put in factory paint marks [for muscle cars] and everything. Some of them you could not tell if it was a model or a real car. Race car builders are just as crazy, they will put AN fuel line fittings, every little screw and bolt, and everything.
DAKMOR
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 05:18 PM

SIBC FI 6.2L V8

Mmmmmm, 4th gen!

Anyway, yeah, I have seen a few die cast cars made to look just like the cars of their owners. Rediculous detail, some even used the actual carpet from the car and put it in the car.

These people sure put alot of effort into this stuff, and I don't think it is just a hobby for them, it is something more.
Gizmo
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 06:30 PM

W00t!

Member No.: 6,139

QUOTE (Akira @ Yesterday at 11:14 PM)
Nice job there as well, shame about the hood.
havign trouble I see getting it back together?
I like the color red, but the metallic one you used not too much, makes it seem smaller almost.

n00bish mistakes smile.gif

No trouble getting it together what so ever.

Cant wait till my next build, Rally AW11 rolleyes.gif
YoruichiSan
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 08:27 PM

IDW Banned Member

Member No.: 22,938

i'm going to the hobby store soon to buy myself a model, i dont think they'll have iniital D ones, but i saw a R32 model. How much do you reckon it'll cost me?
DAKMOR
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 01:08 PM

SIBC FI 6.2L V8

$20+
Akira
Posted: Jan 25 2007, 11:41 PM

t3h_n00berer

They're imported here.. if they were so cheap IU'd buy, but they're 30-40-sometimes 50 bucks up'ere in Canada. sad.gif
bearbox
Posted: Jan 25 2007, 11:58 PM

AURIS

Member No.: 14,488

QUOTE (YoruichiSan @ Jan 24 2007, 03:27 PM)
i'm going to the hobby store soon to buy myself a model, i dont think they'll have iniital D ones, but i saw a R32 model. How much do you reckon it'll cost me?

in australia, initial d models are around 45-50 and the others range from 40-60!
Kaizoku23
Posted: Feb 6 2007, 11:58 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 21,548

Wow. Your models are all very well made. I have made alot of Gundams in my day and looking at your models makes me want to try a kit out. Judging from the picture of the 86 the car model looks very thin and hollow, do you use epoxy? Also do you think its easier than Gunpla?
marcopreto
Posted: Feb 7 2007, 02:54 AM

IDW Expert Member

Hi:

If you're referring to the Fujimi Initial D AE86, the kit is indeed very poor in detail!
After I've bought it I found out that it is a very old mold!!!

Aoshima has a much better offering! If only I knew that!!!

I've used plastic card and epoxy putty for the reconstruction of the underside.

That model is on stand by, collecting dust on a shelf!!! sad.gif

If you decide to have a go on one of these models (and I hope you do) be careful with the one you chose! Fujimi Initial D models can be great, or a real pain (like that ae86)!

If you have the chance, look inside the box before you buy it! If you don't have that possibility, use a trick I found recently; http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/ has an extensive list of models, and you have access to most of the instruction diagrams - that way you can get a good idea of what's inside before spending your money!

Cheers

Marco Preto

This post has been edited by marcopreto on Mar 12 2007, 02:03 AM
marcopreto
Posted: Apr 17 2007, 02:17 AM

IDW Expert Member

Hi to all:

My Tofu shop AE86 is still on standby sad.gif

I'm still figuring out how to make the rear suspension elements in a neat and simple way!

In the mean while I've started to make Kai's SW20. I'm using a fujimi kit, but not the ID one (I've bought this kit recently as it was selling half its price).

I'm modifying it to look closer to Kai's car, but the wheels are not exactly correct, although I think they'll look good.

I'm also using a bucket seat for the driver, and I'm modifying an old seat to make a TRD seat for the passenger.

Here are some pictures of what has been done:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Cheers

Marco Preto
gian7675
Posted: Apr 17 2007, 05:01 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 2,356

Great models bro!

I really love the sileighty smile.gif I can't help but think that Sako & Mayuki are just beyond camera range and are ready to hop in on the sileighty smile.gif
NjzxNismoKing23
Posted: Apr 20 2007, 01:39 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 24,081

these models look real nice der pretty hott i think ive seen sum models up by my own mall at like 30 buckz

16 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 »