Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Go Go Girls - One Night in Arabia (B4 ZA Beat Remix)

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 10,555  ·  Replies: 61 
> Fast's Car Photography
Fast
  Posted: Apr 12 2012, 07:39 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 23,986

This thread will feature photos I shot during various events. I've always used point-n-shoots and went thru a couple throughout the years. Currently I'm using a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH25 and some heavy-handed Photoshop.

From various CnCs:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by Fast on Apr 17 2014, 06:07 PM
Alastair
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 07:51 PM

SNTS

Member No.: 27,312

Loving all the photo's. The thing that caught my eye was the Porsche. My dad owned a 1600 when I was a little kid, I kinda wish he didn't sell it.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 07:55 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Beautiful pictures Fast! I love them! You're making me wish I went to these CnC meets now. Anyhow, one thing that caught my eye. What exactly is this?

QUOTE (Fast)
user posted image
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 08:04 PM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

Royce? And I wish I could see the rest of that F40.biggrin.gif
Fast
  Posted: Apr 13 2012, 02:46 AM

IDW Goldmember

Thanks for the kind words guys. smile.gif

Honda, I'm not completely sure what that car was but here it is in its entirety.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 640. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 640. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Some more of the F40:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

As for the reason why the tow truck was there....

user posted image

user posted image

RalliKai
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 05:53 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Thanks for starting this thread Fast. Excellent pictures, especially of the F40 and the unnamed silver car but ouch on the final two shots.
backalleyracer
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 01:42 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 7,122

this thread is already full of win
Möbius
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 03:16 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

Wow, great thread! smile.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Fast
  Posted: Apr 13 2012, 07:38 PM

IDW Goldmember

Thanks guys.

Some more of my Cn'C favorites.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 552. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

These are from an annual car show at my college:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

As far as I know, all of the above cars are the real deal. They were brought over by Bruce Canepa of Canepa Design...It felt amazing to be there that day. I was awestruck by all of them but I mostly drooled over the 917. I never thought I'd be able to see a Ferrari 250 GTO before I laid eyes on a McLaren F1 (a car that I've still yet to shoot, let alone see).

Takumi Trueno
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 09:29 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,098

Those are some pretty awesome pics. Keep sharing.
Fast
  Posted: Apr 14 2012, 12:35 AM

IDW Goldmember

From the last Subie meet I attended:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 960. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 544. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 960. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 690. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 573. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 571. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The owner of the Lotus also owns a '10 STI.
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 12:52 AM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

I'll take that Lotus over the Subi any day.
Fast
  Posted: Apr 14 2012, 10:16 AM

IDW Goldmember

Anyone for some older Japanese iron?

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 639. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 639. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

backalleyracer
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 01:43 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 7,122

I very much enjoy old japanese iron laugh.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 04:33 PM

Patient Zero

I'm still curious about that unnamed silver car. I'll ask around and see if any of the people I know can come up with a name for it. Thanks for sharing all these pictures Fast! You're a hero! biggrin.gif

Anyhow, I'm noticing a pattern with all the Subarus. They're all either white, black, grey, sliver, or midnight blue. Do they only come in those colors or what? laugh2.gif
Fast
  Posted: Apr 14 2012, 06:06 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 1 hour, 24 minutes ago)
Anyhow, I'm noticing a pattern with all the Subarus. They're all either white, black, grey, sliver, or midnight blue. Do they only come in those colors or what? laugh2.gif

Good question. It's actually kind of true! laugh.gif

For the longest time, the only other actual color the WRXs/STIs were sold in were red and yellow.

user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 838 x 583. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

But those were a bit on the rare side in regard to sales numbers. That yellow was only available on the Bug-eye body style WRX and none of those colors were available for the STIs.

So that's why you see so many WRXs in blue, white, grey (there's around 4 different greys), silver or black. It wasn't until 2008 you could buy a red STI in the US. Today you can also buy the car in Plasma Blue, which I like to call Blurple.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Fast on Apr 14 2012, 06:08 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 06:45 PM

Patient Zero

Mmmmmm. The STIs look good in different colors. I'm really digging the plasma blue, it looks amazing. Do they also come in a non-metallic blue color, or green? I don't know much about car colors. pinch2.gif

EDIT: Totally just asked my dad about the unnamed silver car. He told me that it might be a Rolls-Royce Phantom III, though he can't pin point the year... Very classy! ATRUM_Neto is right! He gets points for that. I'm inclined to believe what my dad says, if you don't believe me then here's a picture of a Rolls-Royce Phantom III. Just to compare. But I think my dad is right. He knows his stuff. wink2.gif

user posted image

+1 Awesome points to you, ATRUM_Neto. thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Apr 14 2012, 07:19 PM
Fast
  Posted: Apr 15 2012, 10:31 AM

IDW Goldmember

I asked around what that car was and turns out it's 1930's Daimler. I was thinking it was a Rolls but the radiator grille and the pose of the hood ornament had me second guessing for the longest time.

A Rolls-Royce hood ornament AKA The Spirit of Ecstacy:

user posted image

I wasn't able to get the actual name of the car, but the fluting on the grille is a Daimler trademark.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1600 x 1200. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Compare with a Rolls grille:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 680. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 05:38 PM

Patient Zero

Hrm... The Daimler and the Rolls-Royce look really similar. Well looks like my dad was wrong. My bad guys! ATRUM_Neto still gets to keep his awesome point though because we both came to the same conclusion. laugh.gif

On another note, whatever happened to that 'Guess What Car That Is" thread? It seems like a cool thing to bring back especially with all these old cars that you see at CnC meets. I would have some fun trying to guess what they are.

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Apr 15 2012, 05:39 PM
Fast
  Posted: May 6 2012, 12:55 PM

IDW Goldmember

Pics from yesterdays CnC. A little bit of something for everybody. smile.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 540. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 540. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 468. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Pretty sure that last one is not a real Ferrari GTO but a Nissan S30 Z kit car.
Fast
  Posted: Jul 1 2012, 08:08 AM

IDW Goldmember

From yesterdays CnC

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 540. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 540. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 529. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This here GT40 aint no kit. Its the real deal

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 455. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 575. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by Fast on Jul 1 2012, 08:12 AM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jul 1 2012, 08:36 AM

Patient Zero

Oh man..... Lime green car, hot! Ok seriously, since I have the rest of the summer free now I need to get off my lazy butt and go to one odd these CnC meets. I see a ton of nice cars driving around my area but I never get to stop to admire them fully. Another round of sexy pictures Fast. I love them all! smile.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Fast
  Posted: Jul 1 2012, 09:47 AM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 1 hour, 11 minutes ago)
Oh man..... Lime green car, hot! Ok seriously, since I have the rest of the summer free now I need to get off my lazy butt and go to one odd these CnC meets. I see a ton of nice cars driving around my area but I never get to stop to admire them fully. Another round of sexy pictures Fast. I love them all! smile.gif

Do it! Its one of the few things I would wake up early on a Saturday morning for.
Saxifrage
Posted: Jul 2 2012, 01:44 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 36,872

I like the "don't f**k with my STI sticker!"
This is a really good thread. Like the cars! Most I haven't even seen before!
Fast
  Posted: Sep 23 2012, 07:47 PM

IDW Goldmember

Here are a few from this weekend.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 405. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 405. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image w00t2.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3