Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing Mother Ninja - Talkin' bout good days

19 Pages  « 16 17 18 19  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 101,692  ·  Replies: 459 
> [FANFIC] Battle of the Masterminds
fettman53
Posted: Aug 19 2008, 03:18 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,717

^

Yeah, that'd be frustrating.
I'll help out too! wink2.gif
No flaming him for lack of updates! Or you'll be "extinguished!"

I may decide to rewrite my old fanfic to chide everyone over for a while until you and your FC have recovered.

Actually...by then you'll probably already be back...but it's still a neat idea.

Good luck, man!
Sapta
Posted: Aug 20 2008, 11:35 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 26,374

Really good read. Although there's a lot left. Didn't like the idea of bunta being made so human and ordinary. Ryosuke > Bunta? never. And bunta is never afraid of crashing.
red comet 7
Posted: Sep 2 2008, 08:15 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 24,875

ok, well i don't have my car back, i've been bummed out for i dont know how long, and its Given me WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY to much time to think, and after being horded up for freakin Hurricane Gustav with nothing to do, i've sat around thinking about this poor neglected story of mine, and i finally know what direction i'm headed with it, and just believe me when i tell you yall are in for a RIDE of a finale... wink2.gif
Meteor
Posted: Sep 2 2008, 08:33 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

I'm so excited, I think I could make some half-decent fan-art of this fic under request (in MS Paint).
red comet 7
Posted: Sep 2 2008, 08:43 AM

IDW Regular Member

see if you could do one of Ryosuke and Kichirou drifting side by side...

think of it as like the cover of a book.

...if its not to much to ask.
RickyDGreat
Posted: Sep 2 2008, 01:06 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 4,705

Glad your feeling some what better to continue the story, hope all turns out well with your car.

fear2.gif
red comet 7
Posted: Sep 6 2008, 02:58 PM

IDW Regular Member

well here's some of my own art...

what you think?

user posted image
DK_2
Posted: Sep 6 2008, 02:59 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

SEXY.
grin2.gif

any updates within the next few weeks?
Meteor
Posted: Sep 6 2008, 06:06 PM

Damn nice. But I think the bridge of the nose needs a little redrawing (the right line, left from Kichirou's perspective).

But aside from that; damn nice. I also like how you managed to match it with Shigeno's own art style.

*is still working on his mediocre MS Paint art*

This post has been edited by Meteor on Sep 6 2008, 06:06 PM
red comet 7
Posted: Sep 6 2008, 06:42 PM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (DK_2 @ Today at 2:59 PM)
SEXY.
grin2.gif

any updates within the next few weeks?

actually, more like the next couple of days. shifty2.gif
DK_2
Posted: Sep 6 2008, 11:12 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

shifty2.gif

waits patiently...
LOL.

i hope this will count for my HP English reading..
hehe.
this fic is pretty long ey?
xD
red comet 7
Posted: Sep 12 2008, 05:58 PM

IDW Regular Member

damn wisdome teeth getting pulled is not fun...it REALLY slows you down...

while typing the new chapter i ran across this...

and OH the IRONY...its creepy actually....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON7m2r0sQvg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-uowZyoAGQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZhnyZuS2Tc&feature=related
.M.
Posted: Sep 13 2008, 05:58 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 29,224

hey look!! legendary FC!!! looks alot like a certain persons eh? wink2.gif
Spaz
Posted: Sep 14 2008, 06:31 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (red comet 7 @ Sep 12 2008, 08:58 PM)
damn wisdome teeth getting pulled is not fun...it REALLY slows you down...

Yeah, definitely blows.

I passed the entire week following the operation with non-stop Diablo 2.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
94hondaaccord
Posted: Sep 26 2008, 10:03 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 23,746

I hope u feel better. I know how those wisdom teeth can be. Btw, any new updates???
Meteor
Posted: Sep 27 2008, 12:58 AM

Here's the fanart. Done in MS Paint.
user posted image

Yes. I know it's not too impressive.
pnoytecknix
Posted: Sep 27 2008, 05:30 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 17,159

^for ms paint, its not too bad actually. the lights/front are done well enough to see that those are fc's. good job.
DK_2
Posted: Oct 5 2008, 12:01 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

i think i can assume the fic just ended.
O_O
red comet 7
Posted: Oct 5 2008, 06:28 PM

IDW Regular Member

no, it has not eneded.

lets see what's been going on here lately...

School, (0f course), homecoming, interview for UTI, and the passing away of my grandfather from cancer, who is of course the father of my DAD who passed away last year from cancer as well...

sorry for the long wait...i never intended to ever let the story just die like this..
geez i feel terrible for letting you guys down for so long...

so for those of you still interested... i present to you this...

EARLIER THAT MORNING---

Kichirou and Sora sat patiently at the living room table in the Fujiwara Tofu shop living room. The Fujiwara Home was now reminiscent of a stale museum instead of a once cozy home. Kichirou and Sora tried they’re best to keep it as close as possible to the way Bunta left it. But somehow without Bunta the place just didn’t feel the same anymore. The Tofu shop was where the great Bunta Fujiwara had first started his career as a street racing legend. For so many years it had been accompanied by his presence, but now with Takumi gone, what was left of Bunta’s presence seemed to have almost vanished completely. Even though with the Fujiwara’s gone, neither Sora nor Kichirou could shake the feeling that Bunta was still there among them, almost watching them.

Kichirou sat at the table with his legs crossed staring down at the beautiful breakfast Sora had made that sat in front of him when a lit knock was heard on the door.

Kichirou eased up from the table and gave a nervous smile to his wife, who warmly smiled back at him as if to say, “It’s going to be alright”. Sora had a way of making the world just a little bit brighter for everyone around her, which in some cases was the only reason Kichirou didn’t go into depression from losing his old friend Bunta.

Kichirou reached the door and opened it to see Takumi standing on the sidewalk gasing towards his father’s old Impreza. Takumi didn’t even acknowledge Kichirou’s presence for awhile. Kichirou couldn’t say much either, he just looked at Takumi realizing that his entire aura was different. He was no longer the spacey teen-ager that everyone poked fun at for always being totally unaware of his surroundings.
Takumi now had the gaze of a man, his entire posture had changed, the way he carried himself now a striking image of Bunta’ while his eyes told the story of a spirit on a mission. After a few seconds of the two mean looking at the Impreza, Takumi finally turned to Kichirou and for the first time in along time offered a slight smile. One that sent chills down Kichirou spine, the resemblance to Bunta was completely unnerving and unexpected.

“I’m sorry I’m a bit late,” Takumi started, “the cab ride here was a bit longer than I anticipated.”

“You took a cab here?” Kichirou asked, “What happened to the 2000GT and Camaro?!”

“They’re in better hands. I sold the 2000Gt to a museum it was shipped out of Kitami’s warehouse this morning, a car like that doesn’t belong on the streets anymore, it deserves to be treated like the treasure it is, not simply another machine to drift on a mountain pass. My dad’s car was legend, now it can get the recognition and attention it truly deserves. The Camaro I drove to a private party out of town. He bought it this morning as well, he has a passion for American Muscle cars. It wasn’t exactly a car that suits me you know?” Takumi said.

“I must admit Takumi, that was a rather mature decision on your part. Most people would stubbornly hold on to something like your father’s car as a sentimental reminder.”

“I don’t need anymore sentimental tokens, I have the Tofu shop, the Impreza, and even the Trueno he gave to me, and most importantly, the lessons he taught me. So how about that breakfast?”

Kichirou smiled and finally felt some of the weight being lifted off of him, now that Fujiwara seemed to be recovering from his loss after such a long absence.

The two sat down in the living room, while Sora greeted them warmly and helped serve everyone breakfast. Once everyone was settled in well into their breakfast, Sora finally asked what the Tsubasa family had been wondering for a very long time.

“So Takumi, if you don’t mind me asking, where were you all this time?”

Kichirou’s attention shifted from his wife to Takumi.
Takumi wiped his mouth with a napkin, “I’ve actually been spending a lot of time in Tokyo.”

“Tokyo?” Sora asked surprised. “What on earth would you be doing all the way in Tokyo?”

“Well actually I’ve been making a lot of business deals. An old friend of my dad’s got in touch with me after Dad passed away. I can’t say much yet because it’s not fully set in stone, I actually can’t stay here in Gunma for very long. I have to go back to help finalize some of the arrangements.

“Well Takumi, you’re an adult now, and I can only hope that the decisions you’ve made will benefit you in the way you need,” Kichirou replied warmly.

“If there was any decision that I could be the most proud of…it would definitely be this one, this is path for me, I’m sure of it.”

Takumi and the Tsubasa’s finished their breakfast and helped clean up the living room before Takumi began eyeing Kichirou’s FC.

“Tsubasa-san, would it be ok if we took a drive to Mt. Akina before I leave?”
Before Kichirou had a chance to respond, Sora chimmed in as if agreeing to open Christmas presents a day early. “Go Sweetie, I’ll finish up here! You two need some time!”

“You sure?” Kichirou asked.

“Positive,” Sora said quickly while planting a kiss on Kichirou’s lips.

With that settled Takumi and Kichirou harnessed themselves up and began heading towards Mount Akina. The small talk kept the two occupied until the reached Mt. Akina. Kichirou was so relieved to see Takumi’s spirits somewhat raised. It was almost like having Bunta back as they road along in the Red FC talking about old stories and races they had competed in when they were younger.

“Wow, the last time I was here was in the MF12,” Takumi said.

“You know your dad was very proud of you Takumi,” Kichirou said solemnly. “Even though he stayed on your case, he couldn’t miss a chance to tell me how proud of you he was whenever I came to visit him in the hospital.”

“I know he was proud of me. That was all I ever wanted. To live up the legend that he was…”
Takumi trailed off as his gaze stared forward down the road of Akina, before suddenly blurting out, “STOP THE CAR!!”

Kichirou saw it too. They quickly pulled over and turned the hazard lights on and ran to the hairpin that lay just in front of them.

Takumi and Kichirou gazed flabbergasted at the tire marks on the asphalt in front of them. There were to sets. One pair that had settled on the asphalt for at least a few hours, and the other set was still relatively fresh. They walked up the mountain pass eying the tire marks carefully. It was evident that one the earlier tread had come from someone who was making uphill and downhill runs, while the other set seemed to be going just uphill.

Takumi finally broke the weird silence that had fallen over the mountain road. “
“This is my dad’s line in the 2000GT…” Takumi said as if he had punched in the stomach. The guy running up and down hill has it almost identical to Dad’s…”

Kichirou didn’t know what to say. The two continued upward until it finally was evident by the abrubt stop of tire marks and the guardrail that was smashed in that who ever the driver was had botched one of his down hill runs…which in this case was understandable. The line was insane.

“Well looks like someone’s luck ran out,” Kichirou chuckled.

Takumi bent down and peered up the road trying to make sense of it all, when Kichirou’s phone began to ring.

“Ryousuke Takahashi Calling…” the phone read.

“Hello?”

“Tsubasa-san, I hope I haven’t caught you at a bad time,” Ryousuke’s voice echoed out of the phone, enough so that Takumi could hear it.

“No, no you’re fine, how are you?”

“I’m doing well but unfortunately, I have some bad news. I’m going to have to postpone our race on Akina for another week.”

“Why? Is everything ok?” Kichirou asked.

“Sort of, I got into an accident on Akina and it’s going to take a week for the body shop to do the repairs. I’m sorry for the inconvenience Tsubasa-san…”

Kichirou almost dropped the phone at Ryousuke’s words, and Takumi just stood there as if he had witnessed a lethal car crash before his eyes…

“Uh, ye- yeah, I’m sorry to hear about that. Take all the time you need…”

“Thank you Tsubasa-san, have a nice day,” Ryousuke said cheerfully.

Kichirou hung up the phone and walked over to wear Takumi was sitting on the guard rail looking ah the tire marks that seemed to trail up the mountain forever.

Kichirou stared down at the pavement, “Takahashi, Ryousuke…, so if these are Ryousuke’s tire marks then whose are these?!?”
Meteor
Posted: Oct 5 2008, 07:16 PM

UPDATE YAY!

This chapter had a great end, and it's just a taste of what's to come. . .
There were a few errors though.
After a few seconds of the two mean looking at the Impreza, Takumi finally turned to Kichirou and for the first time in along time offered a slight smile.

“They’re in better hands. I sold the 2000Gt to a museum it was shipped out of Kitami’s warehouse this morning

1. "men. Not "mean".
2. "a long time", not "along time"
3. I would suggest "They're in better hands. I sold the 2000GT to a museum. It was shipped out of Kitami's warehouse this morning"

I'm sorry to hear about your relatives sad.gif

This post has been edited by Meteor on Oct 6 2008, 06:13 PM
.M.
Posted: Oct 6 2008, 07:15 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 29,224

YAAY takumis finally being a man tongue.gif ryosuke seems to be havin trouble with the line eh?
red comet 7
Posted: Oct 6 2008, 10:22 AM

IDW Regular Member

yeah i typed that late last night, while feeling like i'd been hit by a truck and then thrown in an icebox, didn't even go to school today.

i'm gonna try and have another chapter up by tonight.
Posted: Oct 6 2008, 02:18 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

sweet, a new update. its ood to see it back on track smile.gif. im sorry to hear about your grandfather and father.
Drew
Posted: Oct 7 2008, 06:46 PM

Bought not Built

Member No.: 12,733

Let's hope that you come back strong and finish this properly, man.

Great chappy.
xmark
Posted: Oct 8 2008, 02:14 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 18,639

Is Ryosuke battling the Real Ghost of Akina? hmmm i wonder....

19 Pages  « 16 17 18 19