Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (IRC)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 25 unique listeners, playing Toby Ash - Jumping Up The Nations

Important Rules
Please use the Search function before you start a topic. Posting a repeated thread will result in a verbal warning.
Advertising without any actual participation in the forums is consider spamming. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
Post Initial D / Automotive related merchandise here. Unrelated threads will be locked and the topic starter could receive a verbal warning.

FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 1,658  ·  Replies: 8 
> Initial D Collectible Card Game, .. anyone selling spares?
streetstyle
  Posted: Aug 10 2016, 05:32 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,169

I'm finding it harder and harder to get these cards to complete my set sad.gif

user posted image

Does anyone have any spare cards (must be in good condition/near mint) they are willing to sell?

I've tried to find and buy sets and booster packs but these are almost impossible to find now!

Any help appreciated.
JKaiba
Posted: Aug 11 2016, 04:43 PM

Alias The J'

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,596

I'm sorry to say this late to the game, gonna be highly improbable to do. I have an entire playset of the base set with the exception of the Trueno SE promo and Lan Evo Tournament Prize promo. I even have a custom print run of the unreleased set and a copy of the 86 mini DVD that came in one out of every 86 boxes of the game. The guys that have these that didn't throw them away for being worthless and generally a broken game are few and far between and those that have them are holding on to their cards because they won't ever reprint them. Good luck to you. What are you looking for anyway?

This post has been edited by JKaiba on Aug 11 2016, 04:44 PM
streetstyle
  Posted: Aug 15 2016, 12:57 AM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (JKaiba @ Aug 11 2016, 04:43 PM)
I'm sorry to say this late to the game, gonna be highly improbable to do. I have an entire playset of the base set with the exception of the Trueno SE promo and Lan Evo Tournament Prize promo. I even have a custom print run of the unreleased set and a copy of the 86 mini DVD that came in one out of every 86 boxes of the game. The guys that have these that didn't throw them away for being worthless and generally a broken game are few and far between and those that have them are holding on to their cards because they won't ever reprint them. Good luck to you. What are you looking for anyway?

Hi thanks fr the reply... do you have any pictures of the below (i.e. 86 mini DVD) just for reference as would like to see... also do yo have more information on the Unreleased Set?
JKaiba
Posted: Aug 15 2016, 02:49 PM

Alias The J'

Ricer's... I mean Racer's Edge. Unreleased expansion. http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/selectC...t/0/cards_lang/

I'll try and get a pic of the 86 DVD card later but yeah it's a weird one. It was pretty obvious too which pack had it in there when I got it. I didn't even know it existed until I got it and found out that bit of trivia about its rarity from comments about the game from back when it was still in circulation.
streetstyle
  Posted: Aug 22 2016, 12:46 AM

IDW Jr. Member

ok guys... so after a few days hunting I found 4 sets (3 sealed 1 unsealed). These have Black triangle Promo and are numbered out of 30.

Anyone know where these were given away at/for? or any other information on these?

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

JKaiba
Posted: Aug 22 2016, 11:17 AM

Alias The J'

These sets were given away at various conventions at Toyko Pop's booths. They were also sent as samples to various brick and mortar game stores. There should be an 86 demo deck an FD deck and an Evo III one (hardest to find). The card stock is slightly heavier and more grainy than the pack cards, the art is different from the final versions of the cards in the normal game, some of the game text has received errata for game balance purposes. My wife and I sometimes play both versions of the card and use the text as is alongside the 'fixed' versions of the cards just for flavor and to make things more interesting since we know the difference.
streetstyle
  Posted: Feb 11 2017, 01:36 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Thanks for the info.... finally found out my cards from the loft... missing more than I hoped sad.gif

If anyone has any new/unused spares would be interested.....

On a side note, some of these cards have a shiny grey border, while others plain finish. I though this was only the rare cards, however I have a rare card in both styles sad.gif
JKaiba
Posted: Feb 13 2017, 01:23 PM

Alias The J'

It seems AEG went through at least two printers before they finally gave up on this game. Some of the demo decks/promo cards/ early release are likely in house printed or at least had one printer which accounts for the change in cardstock and print quality going to the box releases as well as the re-tweaking of the card art.
streetstyle
  Posted: Jul 19 2017, 02:01 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Anyone have any spares for sale?

Hoping to one day complete the set!!