Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage Sound File) PROJECT.D III

Rules and Policies
Please remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

AS Section Announcement : This subforum has been renamed to Community and General Chat from the previous name Tournaments / Teams / Locations due to the recent changes in AS section. This section will serve as a general chat forum for the Initial D Arcade Stage community from now on. By general chat, we mean topics that are not related to the game itself such as the latest tournaments, places to hang out, discussion about a certain gamer.. etc. Make yourself comfortable posting here. One last thing, NO flaming and NO spamming.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 3,975  ·  Replies: 38 
> A2K users !
dkswlsql
  Posted: Oct 20 2007, 12:09 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,920

I want to know how many A2K users in this forum.
And maybe we can meet sometimes and share some information.

My card-name is EXIT . (Black EA11R)
Posted: Oct 20 2007, 03:20 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,670

correct me if im wrong, your refering to the a2k in downtown montreal?
if im correct with that presumption you couldve posted here:
https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=31788

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 20 2007, 03:21 PM
kravhen
Posted: Oct 23 2007, 04:32 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 21,221

what up mtl pimps

card name: KRAVN:White FD3S, maybe evoIV sometime soon...

EDIT: damn your FD is already tuned like that 207 ? >.>
I'm stuck at takumi =O

This post has been edited by kravhen on Oct 23 2007, 04:34 PM
Posted: Oct 23 2007, 06:12 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (kravhen @ Today at 8:32 PM)
what up mtl pimps

card name: KRAVN:White FD3S, maybe evoIV sometime soon...

EDIT: damn your FD is already tuned like that 207 ? >.>
I'm stuck at takumi =O

some of it is from TA, most were from ppl i beat 2x. im stuck at sudo akg and ryosuke akn. beat akn lake, myogi iro. working on to improve my crappy ta to hav a chance to beat those other ppl.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 23 2007, 06:15 PM
kravhen
Posted: Oct 23 2007, 07:07 PM

IDW Jr. Member

What I hate about my play is that it's so unstable.. I used to be like that in WMMT too. What I mean by that is, one day I won't be able to play for crap and another day I'll own everyone easily up to Tak (Takumi)... For exemple I beat ryosuke on first try, relatively easily, and a second time the same day... then last week I did a few TAs and then went for ryosuke (instead of Tak (Takumi) to boost my ego XD) and I lost to him twice, one badly...

I don't know, it's like I haven't found one definite way to play I think. I probably unconsciously ( or consciously XD ) keep changing my playstyle every race..
Posted: Oct 23 2007, 07:29 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (kravhen @ Today at 11:07 PM)
What I hate about my play is that it's so unstable.. I used to be like that in WMMT too. What I mean by that is, one day I won't be able to play for crap and another day I'll own everyone easily up to Tak (Takumi) (Takumi) (Takumi)... For exemple I beat ryosuke on first try, relatively easily, and a second time the same day... then last week I did a few TAs and then went for ryosuke (instead of Tak (Takumi) (Takumi) (Takumi) to boost my ego XD) and I lost to him twice, one badly...

I don't know, it's like I haven't found one definite way to play I think. I probably unconsciously ( or consciously XD ) keep changing my playstyle every race..

same here, some times i pc sometimes i dont. my start up changes too. sometimes i hover at 7k and sometimes its a hot start. im pretty sure i can still play mt3 as well as i did b4, though i never really was fast so it wont make much difference.

the most annoying thing of as4 imo is the invisble wall and the drift decel. i know the good resons why they are there but the wall is the most annoying.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 23 2007, 07:31 PM
kravhen
Posted: Oct 23 2007, 08:01 PM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (207 @ Today at 7:29 PM)
same here, some times i pc sometimes i dont. my start up changes too. sometimes i hover at 7k and sometimes its a hot start. im pretty sure i can still play mt3 as well as i did b4, though i never really was fast so it wont make much difference.

the most annoying thing of as4 imo is the invisble wall and the drift decel. i know the good resons why they are there but the wall is the most annoying.

Agreed, it annoyed the heck outta me when I first played. Now it seems I hit the wall ALOT LESS for some reason... like my brain figured out what makes the wall appear and avoids it... when I DO hit the wall now though, it startles me and usually screws my whole race.. my instincts when i hit the wall is for some reason i steer towards the road's direction to stay on track then release gas and pump it again, but when I do that my car just goes from sliding to the left wall to doing a big flippin' slide the opposite direction and ram the inside wall face to face... XD oh boy that has cost me countless tries at keisuke..

I think next time i go this week maybe tomorrow ill purposely try a couple of races without PC, one after the other, then with PC... and try diff braking techniques.. i gotta stop to just pull off random stuff I "feel" like doing, and actually see what does what... Yes I'll try braking before corner ID3-style too XD Just from curiosity. Maybe it'll still give me better times since im a noob and PC only becomes necessary at high-end levels (kinda like eraser.. you never really needed to use it before you could actually run decent times without it)

Also, cant wait for more info on that 1.5 patch the japanese got... some other guy in his thread said he was mailing sega to ask em what's up with that. apparently theyre getting BGM-selection back and other stuff...
maniac_2oo4
Posted: Oct 23 2007, 09:27 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 27,155

hey there,

card name's MANIAC, blue Evo 4 for now,

gotta beat the trueno on akina and im done with story mode.
i always get screwed in the same turn and i still havent been able to fix it :\

can't wait to hear those details on version 1.5, and to know if they're gonna bring it here too.

K3vin
Posted: Oct 25 2007, 05:03 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 27,178

hey sup guys, im sure one of u peeps have seen me a couple of times in A2K...card name is KEVIN nd i drive only a black EVOIII...mostly der at around noon durin da weekdays...heh im not too good so dont expect me to accept a challenge too quickly
kravhen
Posted: Oct 25 2007, 12:56 PM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (K3vin @ Today at 5:03 AM)
hey sup guys, im sure one of u peeps have seen me a couple of times in A2K...card name is KEVIN nd i drive only a black EVOIII...mostly der at around noon durin da weekdays...heh im not too good so dont expect me to accept a challenge too quickly

Are you the same kevin from WMMT3? Ever played at pinnochio langelier? If so, then zomgz ive seen your name in the time attack records on the machines. If not then Hi2u XD

Edit: I was there today at noonish. AND I FINALLY BEAT Tak (Takumi). KEKEKEKE! My startup was somehow faster than his, but shortly after he caught up and passed me. I stayed close to him ( within 100m ) for a while, then on a long straight I passed him. Then he passed me again on the five hairpins, and i passed him again in the last straight towards the end. BWAHAHA! Then I tried beating him again for the X and for ego, and I lost. LoL. But hey at least Akina shows up as clear now.

This post has been edited by kravhen on Oct 25 2007, 12:58 PM
K3vin
Posted: Oct 26 2007, 08:17 AM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (kravhen @ Yesterday at 12:56 PM)
Are you the same kevin from WMMT3? Ever played at pinnochio langelier? If so, then zomgz ive seen your name in the time attack records on the machines. If not then Hi2u XD

Edit: I was there today at noonish. AND I FINALLY BEAT Tak (Takumi) (Takumi). KEKEKEKE! My startup was somehow faster than his, but shortly after he caught up and passed me. I stayed close to him ( within 100m ) for a while, then on a long straight I passed him. Then he passed me again on the five hairpins, and i passed him again in the last straight towards the end. BWAHAHA! Then I tried beating him again for the X and for ego, and I lost. LoL. But hey at least Akina shows up as clear now.

haha nope sorry u got the wrong kevin...my name in WMMT3 is >KEV< and drving the same black EVOIII btw i dont do time attacks in wangan...well its all good hi 2 u as well haha...the only arcades that i know and go are A2K (almost always der coz i go to Dawson), Atlas (which is really rare for me) and Pinocchio in Pierrefonds
kravhen
Posted: Oct 26 2007, 12:37 PM

IDW Jr. Member

the only arcades that i know and go are A2K (almost always der coz i go to Dawson), Atlas (which is really rare for me) and Pinocchio in Pierrefonds

Ahh, cool cool. Going out of subject to ask, hows dawson? I got refused once because of silly reasons but probably will xfer there for winter heh

What's cool about A2K is that they do have IDAS4 while pinnochio at langelier (closer to my house) doesn't. What's less cool is that their WMMT3 are still at 1$ while pinnochio's dropped to 75cents a good while ago, and they got it at the same time. It'll probably drop to 50cents too once they get rid of WMMT2. Oh well.
dkswlsql
  Posted: Nov 27 2007, 07:01 PM

IDW Member

U know what ?
IDAS4 meachines in A2K have problem.
It's called 'auto breaking'.

Even if u dont push break, the meaching automatically breaked slightly.

So we can't get full speed...; shit sleep.gif;
That's why my cappu never get 156 at the Akina 1-1...

What should i do !!??
K3vin
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 07:32 AM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (dkswlsql @ Yesterday at 7:01 PM)
U know what ?
IDAS4 meachines in A2K have problem.
It's called 'auto breaking'.

Even if u dont push break, the meaching automatically breaked slightly.

So we can't get full speed...; shit sleep.gif;
That's why my cappu never get 156 at the Akina 1-1...

What should i do !!??

really? maybe that explains my slower runs despite upgrades....not sure tho...but still can u specify which booth? but i tihnk it would affect only in TA im always trying to beat LOTS at the moment so its not much of a problem

my EVOIII [7-1-1-0-6] seems to run fine...ive always been able to reach higher than 150
kravhen
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 03:31 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Can you come with an exemple of a course and a part of the course where it "autobreaked" for you? Just because your speed goes down a bit slowly doesnt mean machine is autobreaking, i really doubt they have a problem... Maybe you need to not rape walls and use PC =P

Theres one place where I remember my speed going down on a straight, its in akina, after a couple of corners, i dont remember which, but if I was on my 5th gear(top gear) early enough it didnt slow down, but if i screwed up the turns a bit and shifted to 5th late, i seem to lose a couple of KM/h and get forced into downshifting for a bit...

I've been running akina over and over to get better times, it really helps to not touch any wall is what ive found out. and there are some corners that if you fail, it affects your speed for the next straight and corners, therefore compromising almost the rest of the race =/ ( slower-than-normal exit on turn1, so on straight youll start at a lower speed than normal, and on turn2 youll enter with a lower speed, exit again with a lower speed... make sense? XD )

This post has been edited by kravhen on Nov 28 2007, 03:34 PM
dkswlsql
  Posted: Nov 28 2007, 06:21 PM

IDW Member

Korean IDAS4 users found this problem first, and i asked them how to fix it.
So i'm still waiting for the answer.

One of them said,
"There are two example of autobraking.
First is Tsukuba, Second is Akina."

And I checked all meachines in the A2K, and found that all meachines have problem.

At the begining of the Tsukuba,
'1. go straight -> 2. slightly turn right -> 3. slightly turn left'
And if the meachine has no autobreaking, cappu has to get 116 which is the maximum speed of 3th gear during turning left. (the third step).
(of course full-tune cappu)
I checked more than 20 times, and there was problem.

The other example is Akina 1-1.
Usually full-tune cappu can get 156~157 right before 1-1.
I also checked this case more than 20 times, and there was also problem.

This is opinion of Korea Initial D forum.
And I'm sure this information is right.

I'll tell u after i get the solution.
K3vin
Posted: Nov 29 2007, 10:29 AM

IDW Special Member

geh...autobreaking or not its not going to stop me from playing...evrytime i go there i kinda have fun going from booth to the other (yeah i know its kinda retarded)and it might be tough for me on Akina (stuck at Ryosuke & Takumi)

although if it is really a problem one of us should tell the arcade that the machines are busted (well the brakes) huh?
dkswlsql
  Posted: Dec 1 2007, 02:08 PM

IDW Member

OMG... sleep.gif
I can't stand a2k's damn meachines..

Damn autobreaking..;

If the meachines are fine, i can get 3'07'' in Akina.. or better !

I have no idea... damn !
kravhen
Posted: Dec 4 2007, 12:21 AM

IDW Jr. Member

I really would like to actually see the exact points when autobraking happen. If it's only at certain points of certain courses, then how can it be a problem with the machine HARDWARE ( brake pedals ) ?? If it happens like you say it does, then it could be a software ( programming ) bug?

So yeah.. don't really understand what this problem really is. I'll be at A2K during the afternoon tomorrow (wednesday) to see if i can pinpoint the "autobraking" points so... mind explaining where exactly Akina 1-1 is?

Oh and maybe I should try the Atlas Amusement machines even if its so fking far, just to see if i do feel a difference or not

This post has been edited by kravhen on Dec 4 2007, 12:22 AM
K3vin
Posted: Dec 4 2007, 11:14 AM

IDW Special Member

well ive been playing several times today and have not encountered any faults in the game...no autobraking as well...i got slow times coz i still pretty much suck at TA and cant get PC done properly...yo kravhen imma be there also round noon
dkswlsql
  Posted: Dec 4 2007, 04:16 PM

IDW Member

The reason why u guys can't realize what is 'autobreaking' is u guys don't know real turning speed. And I think many guys who play IDAS4 don't know how to control understeer, and some guys even don't know the timing of counter steering.

I'm also still not good, but i've seen only 2 guys who can drive equally with me.
I'm sure about that. (One of the guy's card name is 'POPO'. He's really good. And another guy has irohazaka record 2'49'xxx)

Full-tune car has to get...
Akina 1-1 -> 156~157 right before the corner.
Tsukuba begining slight right coner -> 116~117 oscillating (4th gear max speed)
Irohazaka 1-1 -> more than 147 or equivalent.

Actually, I found a solution of 'autobreaking', but it's not real solution.
I went A2K few hours ago.
So I used temporary solution,
I could get ...
Akina 1-1 -> 154
Tsukuba -> 116
Irohazaka 1-1 -> 147

But after 1-1, autobreaking happend again.

I'm university student and my final exam will be over at 19th.
After then, I will keep trying to get my best record...

This post has been edited by dkswlsql on Dec 4 2007, 04:51 PM
Prism
Posted: Dec 4 2007, 10:37 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 24,805

Card name -> Prism

I'm usually sticked to atlas amusement because it's right beside my Cegep.
Well, I'll try to get to a2k if I can.

Hope to see you guys wink2.gif
K3vin
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 06:18 AM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (Prism @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM)
Card name -> Prism

I'm usually sticked to atlas amusement because it's right beside my Cegep.
Well, I'll try to get to a2k if I can.

Hope to see you guys wink2.gif

hey wassup Prism...dats the same reason with me i stick with A2K coz its right next to my Cegep as well
kravhen
Posted: Dec 7 2007, 12:37 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Heh, POPO rings a bell alright but i still cant match names to faces much XD

as for the autobraking, something came up this week and now im in final exam period, so ill either go next week, or this weekend to relax a bit after tedious hours of study at the national library heh
K3vin
Posted: Dec 7 2007, 02:32 PM

IDW Special Member

yea POPO does sound familiar...if i do remember, he always plays or TA in Tsukuba...uses an FD most of the times (i know lots of ppl use it but still)...and his avatar has a yellow shirt (not sure).

bout autobreaking....i decided to scrap that thought and forget it...wont make a HUGE difference unless u want to break world records in TA IR...oh one more thing, does it only take effect in Akina or any course with straights?

2 Pages  1 2