Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - singin' 4U

Important Rules
Please READ this topic before starting a topic in this section. And remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

This section is on a basis of member-helping-member, no one is obligated to answer your questions.
People are taking their own time to answer your question(s), be thankful and appreciate helps from the others.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,139  ·  Replies: 1 
> How to know when to shift gear?, in manual transmission
soulchild
    Posted: Nov 15 2010, 04:29 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,634

I have started to play Initial D one weeks ago and my friend tells me that I am never gonna win against other if I uses AT.

So I started to use MT and I got confused when it comes to shifting gear.
What speed do I need when shifting the gear upward/downward?
like when 100km/h I will need to shift from 3rd gear to 4th gear?

Help will be much appreciated.
I know this kind of question is kinda noob-ish ><...
DigiBunny
Posted: Nov 15 2010, 07:56 AM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

You're new, so your focus isn't your speed.

The needle moving in the circle your speedometer is on, your tachometer, is what you should look at. If you're in a certain gear and it's not moving anymore when the needle's way into the redzone, shift up.

Likewise, if you're way too low on the tachometer ( and you acceleration is horrible ) shift down until it gets back up to speed.

The speed varies with the courses, so that's not a good indicator.