Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing date

Important Rules
Please READ this topic before starting a topic in this section. And remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

• This section is on a basis of member-helping-member, no one is obligated to answer your questions.
• People are taking their own time to answer your question(s), be thankful and appreciate helps from the others.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 7,817  ·  Replies: 31 
> Drifting in IDv3, Going Sideways, i mean REALLY!!!
brina&kyla
  Posted: Jul 6 2007, 06:19 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,185

Just wanna share, if ever some are interested, there is a fun way of doing myogi. Though it's not made to beat WR's or any other records, for me it's exhausting, bu fun...... Go drift. You can really go sideways on this course. I dont know in Usui but in Myogi it has been tried and tested (by me of course) that going sideways is fun... Imagine seeing the open space inside of the GC...

Don't believe me?? here's a screenshot of my MR2 going sideways

user posted image

For those interested people who like to go sideways... (the procedure)
1. It's best if you get you car's speed up ... Undesirable results occur if the car is in low speed... The best way to do this is to push the car on the first lap to its limits.

2. Once you finish the first lap (and probably running above 200km/h) prepare for the first turn. Go on the outside lane (because if you take inside it wont be sideways as long)

3. Before the turn, start doing a couple of erasers while turning. You should feel the car sliding at this point. Countersteer when you feel the slide but still applying erasers. Here's a (pathetic) detailed line of the drift. The pink dot represents the eraser, the blue line represents your line, and the yellow line represents where you should countersteer.

user posted image

4. It's best that you stop erasing just before the exit to avoid uncontrolled wall hit.
Too much erasers and you hit the wall. Too less and you miss going sideways.

5. At the exit, you must have recovered from the turn with the countersteer, so prepare for the next turn and do it again happy.gif

P.S. this is best done on the turns before and after the GC because these are very long turns and you get sideways for a long time. happy.gif

This post has been edited by brina&kyla on Jul 6 2007, 06:21 PM
spyke543
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 06:34 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 23,651

That's cool. I gotta try that some time. happy.gif

Have you tested this with any other cars?
icedagger
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 06:40 PM

Slowpoke...

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 18,773

It works on most slidy cars I guess.

Going sideways has been talked about before, particularly with cars like the Capp. It won't get you any records though. In fact, taking Myogi's corners in this manner will slow you down.

This post has been edited by icedagger on Jul 6 2007, 06:40 PM
spyke543
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 06:45 PM

IDW Regular Member

Can you "drift" or go sideways in an Evo 5? fear2.gif
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 07:13 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (spyke543 @ Today at 10:45 PM)
Can you "drift" or go sideways in an Evo 5? fear2.gif

you could slide sideways with evo5, its unstable.
spyke543
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 07:15 PM

IDW Regular Member

Cool. I'm gonna try that tomorrow.
fizz450_03
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 07:19 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 24,450

yeah this one's great but as Icedagger says, it won't get any records. It's quite fun though and makes the noobies think you're really good. hehe I've been doing this on my 86 and MR-S for a bit now.
brina&kyla
  Posted: Jul 6 2007, 07:25 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Yep, like i said also, it's not meant to break records or anyhing, it's just for show. I tried this drifting on the ff. cars, MR2, Evo5, AE86, BNR34, FC3S, FD3S, and Evo7. All except the MR2 have good angles, but the MR2 has IMO the best angle.

I do this with the MR2 all the time (and in stiffness 9 one handed coz the other is erasing)

This post has been edited by brina&kyla on Jul 6 2007, 11:25 PM
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Jul 7 2007, 09:09 PM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

i think i've seen this before... i remember seeing justin (jus10 of the forums) doing this with an FD some time ago... but still, i don't quite get the logic of this, and i can't imagine myself trying to do some technique that is just for show and isn't meant to pull off fast times... >__<

...and i guess doing this while still in the fastest line for myogi is another thing? XD
Manu
Posted: Jul 8 2007, 04:32 AM

Nagoya's Galaxy Express

Member No.: 21,755

i think i saw a video that regards how to drift sideways anyways here's the link and i think you should do eraser for every corner
brina&kyla
  Posted: Jul 8 2007, 05:01 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

@brian_infinispirit
going sideways is one thing... going sideways and pulling off a below-3' may be another happy.gif in fact my record for my MR2 here is 3'01 doing the drift...(i never run myogi with my MR2 for record-breaking)

btw... i think u are also in GZ??? brian_spiritfd3sv or something like that?? happy.gif i believe we have met already during the first NvsS meeting, and you got this cool laptop right??? happy.gif

@manu
that was our team doing that... happy.gif the driver in the video is my teammate while the opponent is me... (i was driving a trueno which i gave to someone else because i didnt like it)

btw i hate those other comments... they don't know how to read... it said "just for show", of course if we want to break the records why would we be driving 86's, we would be driving R's or Capps, right?

This post has been edited by brina&kyla on Jul 8 2007, 05:09 AM
icedagger
Posted: Jul 8 2007, 06:50 AM

Slowpoke...

^ ouch, ouch...

Anyway, I was just responding to spyke's question: "Drifting" with a capp has been discussed before (some time last year IIRC). The thread is buried somewhere in the IDAS3 main section. I was only restating that "drifting" in that manner slows you down, just to make sure that he won't expect to go faster if he does try it.

Sorry.
brina&kyla
  Posted: Jul 8 2007, 06:55 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

That's okay... At least you and the others understand the meaning behind this "drift" because some people, without reading everything, will blurt out "Why you should do like that? You don't need to do this" something like that...

My point in this: Some of us are probably pressured by beating records or so, and maybe i could have something that may loosen up the tension... Anyway, it's just a video game, and its purpose is to have fun right?? So, this is my way of having fun in ID...
Manu
Posted: Jul 8 2007, 08:54 AM

Nagoya's Galaxy Express

Member No.: 21,755

hahahaha i thought your not a filipino hehehehehe... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif more flip playa hahaha hows the machine in your local???
brina&kyla
  Posted: Jul 8 2007, 09:08 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Haha happy.gif Currently the machines in our turf had undergone many repairs and so far so good, though i have been transferred to Cavite, i still have a place to play... In fact, it's very close from home, just a 2 minute drive... happy.gif
Jason_H.
Posted: Jul 8 2007, 09:29 AM

Safe On Block

Member No.: 1,239

Only time I've ever gone sideways was with my S14 on the grand curve. I shifted like a fool and feinted hard, and all I saw in the replay was my car almost completely sideways for a good few seconds before I spun out.
brina&kyla
  Posted: Jul 21 2007, 05:09 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Tried to do the "drift" with a stock Capp...

Result: D-
Comment: It IS the best car in Myogi, but not the best "drift car"... It's countersteering angle is like all other cars i've drifted before... What's worse is that it's hard clearing the GC without hitting the walls...

Still, the MR2 has the best countersteer angle i have tried...

Next Try: maybe an MR-S... happy.gif Could it be that the MR-S has the same angle as the MR2??

This post has been edited by brina&kyla on Jul 21 2007, 05:11 AM
blanc_erik
Posted: Jul 21 2007, 05:23 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 15,444

well, capp is supposed to hit the wall on grand curve anyway... tongue.gif
brina&kyla
  Posted: Jul 21 2007, 05:31 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Hmmm... so i heard from lots of Capp drivers... but hitting the outside wall?? I don't think it's the outside you're supposed to hit in real TA, right??

This post has been edited by brina&kyla on Jul 21 2007, 05:31 AM
icedagger
Posted: Jul 21 2007, 05:37 AM

Slowpoke...

If you're going for records, the idea is to take an out in out line on the 2nd and 3rd lap. At FT you should be entering at 208 and then scraping the inner wall enough so you drop to a mid 206. You shouldn't be hitting the outer wall, but you can still run a decent Myogi time with a minor outer wall taps on the GC, provided your speed doesn't go below 206

The Capp simply can't take the grand curve at high speeds (even with a gas off, unless it's a particularly long gas off), so the fastest way is to just aim to get the best exit speed with the shortest line possible.
brina&kyla
  Posted: Jul 21 2007, 05:48 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Thanks for the tip... Anyway, as you may have read from my last post, i've tried your advice on using the Capp to drift and it somehow got sideways as i liked it to happen, but the drift angle isn't as good as the MR2... As much as a 180 degree countersteer i what i want for me to enjoy the drift, but sadly, the Capp didn't...
Ivan1
Posted: Jul 21 2007, 05:51 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 23,094

QUOTE (brina&kyla @ Today at 9:48 PM)
Thanks for the tip... Anyway, as you may have read from my last post, i've tried your advice on using the Capp to drift and it somehow got sideways as i liked it to happen, but the drift angle isn't as good as the MR2... As much as a 180 degree countersteer i what i want for me to enjoy the drift, but sadly, the Capp didn't...

better if you do this on wet laugh.gif
brina&kyla
  Posted: Jul 21 2007, 05:56 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Hmmm.... Never tried a Wet Drift yet... If i just have more time and more energy to go... Maybe i'll try this one good happy.gif thx... I'll post any results of the wet drifts, if there will be...

^BTW Good Luck on your battle tomorrow... (Ulamin nyo na)
brina&kyla
  Posted: Aug 27 2007, 07:05 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Sorry for the double post and for the bumping of this thread but I finally got the drift vid up...

Check this thread

(the rules said that do not bump a topic unless you have a major contribution to the thread... correct me if im wrong pls happy.gif)
Jezza
Posted: Aug 28 2007, 03:27 AM

IDW Jap-a-neeze Member

Member No.: 20,278

no dw, your right your right, that vid is a contribution to this thread

2 Pages  1 2