Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Candy Taylor - Sweet Sixteen Girl

Important Rules
Please READ this topic before starting a topic in this section. And remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

This section is on a basis of member-helping-member, no one is obligated to answer your questions.
People are taking their own time to answer your question(s), be thankful and appreciate helps from the others.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 19,150  ·  Replies: 39 
> Eraser, Advanced Technique
razorsuKe
  Posted: Dec 1 2008, 12:31 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 12,243

The real turning power comes from shifting down, so yes 4-5-4 works but it only really helps when you're doing the 5-4 part

if you're in 4th and you want to eraser, doing 4-3-4 should help better.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
redcomet121
Posted: Dec 1 2008, 07:25 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,914

The 5-4 thing use when u in 4 and almost reach 5. If u use 3-4 your speed will drop like 1 km/hr but not with 5-4. If you didn't do TA, use 3-4 is easier.
TakeshiSkunk
Posted: Feb 10 2009, 12:41 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 17,729

I feel stupid but I still just have a really hard time wrapping my head around the whole eraser concept. I understand that it angles the car into the corner more, but am I doing it in the straight or just before the apex or at the apex or what?

Videos haven't been much help because everything happens so fast that I can't really tell what's happening when x.x I've just been getting frustrated trying to figure it out.

If someone could take a specific corner and just sorta step by step through it I would really appreciate it. Something like the V at Akagi, the 5 deadly hairpins at Akina or the first corner of Iroha.
irninjah
Posted: Feb 11 2009, 05:17 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 30,186

@TakeshiSkunk

I'm not very experienced at this, but I'll give it a try anyways.
You should be doing the eraser(s) before you enter the turn because you want that angle AS you enter that corner. You need to figure out that timing (with the brakes and all) since the hairpins aren't all the same.

As for the V turn in Akagi, I would recommend that you don't use the eraser to try and clear it. Instead use the MSG technique because you'll need to slow down a lot.
Approach the turn from the outside lane and perhaps give the break a little tap. ( At this point, you are not turning yet, you're still on the outside lane approaching the V)
Then quickly downshift two times and make the turn, as SOON as you hit about half way through the apex, shift up once.
This works for me just about every time, and I would recommend you do this for the first corner if Iroha as well.
TakeshiSkunk
Posted: Feb 11 2009, 07:52 AM

IDW Jr. Member

*nods* That's how I've been taking those corners, actually. It's just all this talk of erasers makes me feel like I should be doing them all over the place.

What would be a good example of a corner that could really use one?
redcomet121
Posted: Feb 11 2009, 08:15 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Usui ccw first turn first lap, c-121. - can do full gas if use eraser (depends on car).

Akagi very last right turn. - can do full gas if use eraser.

Akina very last left and right turn. - can do full gas if use eraser (depends on car).

Irohazaka dh last turn. can do full gas if use eraser (depends on car).
*ALPHA*
Posted: Feb 11 2009, 09:15 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 14,546

A big mistake that most beginners or people that don't know exactly what the eraser does is that they eraser when the wheel is straight. There is no effect at all if you eraser when the wheel is straight. The trick is to eraser and tilt the wheel alot/slightly (depending on the corner) before you enter the corner. Basically the more you know the game, the earlier you can eraser and slide the car to the corner (faster exit). basically thats it.....Anything else?
TakeshiSkunk
Posted: Feb 11 2009, 12:15 PM

IDW Jr. Member

I've been playing with it in Special Stage on my wheel..even if it doesn't work quite the same in Ver.2 I think I'm starting to understand what's going on. I'll have to make a point to work on it my next trip to the arcade.

Thanks everyone for your help smile.gif
pukpukracer
Posted: Feb 16 2009, 07:26 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 31,801

so on the first and second sets of Irohazaka uphill (the narrow hairpins) it's not possible?
redcomet121
Posted: Feb 16 2009, 08:12 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (pukpukracer @ 46 minutes ago)
so on the first and second sets of Irohazaka uphill (the narrow hairpins) it's not possible?

What do you mean not possible?

Impossible to use eraser or something?
pukpukracer
Posted: Feb 19 2009, 06:41 PM

IDW Full Member

after the tunnel and 90 degree right, is there time to angle the car when I'm already at 115km/h and desperately trying to get a line in 5th gear?

Plus can it be done in the Irohazaka second section (uphill) where the turns are abrupt?
redcomet121
Posted: Feb 20 2009, 04:29 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

It is possible, you just need to get the right timing.

For the first turn, it depends on car if it possible to do 5i4o.

Watch some video on youtube help you understand better i think.
pukpukracer
Posted: Feb 23 2009, 06:38 AM

IDW Full Member

I tried it once and then tried following this youtube video I saw that used brake slides rather than erasers (guy finished 3'06), actually did a bit better tongue.gif

but just in case, is it (angle car, brake ,erase, brake , gas ) or (angle car, erase, brake, turn and gas)

those youtube videos don't show the person's feet! I can't tell if they're braking or just letting go of the gas after braking.
redcomet121
Posted: Feb 23 2009, 11:29 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Angle car
eraser
brake+wheel jerk
turn + gas off
full turn + full gas

Watch the speedometer to see if they brake or not.
shinn
Posted: Feb 23 2009, 11:47 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 27,591

I recommend mastering the basics first. Choosing the right lines, when to start/stop braking, and feinting. Then it'll be easier to learn eraser. It's hard to get good when using eraser w/o knowing how the mechanics/physics of the game work.

2 Pages  1 2