Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing tension

Important Rules
Please READ this topic before starting a topic in this section. And remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

This section is on a basis of member-helping-member, no one is obligated to answer your questions.
People are taking their own time to answer your question(s), be thankful and appreciate helps from the others.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,661  ·  Replies: 9 
> some rankings might be higher?
Xdrifthero
  Posted: Mar 21 2007, 06:31 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,101

i was watching cloud's video on iro doing a 2'56 and i went on rankings and saw that he wasn't there i was wondering could there be better people in the world instead of teh usually people who post their videos and are on rankings? like people have to post their times on the site so it could be on world rankigns. but wat if someone in the world did like a WAYYYY better time in the world and not post it?
Tomo
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 06:34 PM

Retired old man

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 9,983

what if god was one of us? just a slob like one of us? just a stranger on the bus, tryin to make his way home?
feint_se3p
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 07:15 PM

I need a job!!

Member No.: 23,398

HAHAHAH ^^^ I love that part in bruce almighty, but yeah as for the actual question then if they didnt post it then its their fault for being stupid, adn great at ID at the same time
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 08:30 PM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

it's basically their choice... we'll never know... they might have faster times than the current ones posted in the rankings, but if they choose not to post them, it's entirely their problem and not ours... some people choose not to post their times yet because they have a strong feeling that they'll do one better once their theory times become a reality...
DamienWolf
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 11:52 PM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

Yes, I believe some pros (hehe) actually have faster times but they're keeping it to theirselves and the moment that somebody breaks their record, they can post the faster time and so on and so forth. Also some pros do not release vids of their best runs coz it will induce more copycats and of course present a danger to their record.
BDDEE@
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 12:11 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

theres a few happo times with certain cars that are faster than the MR's
just not posted because they only beat the MR by a little bit

This post has been edited by W7F@! on Mar 22 2007, 12:11 AM
RX-7 Spirit fo sho
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 05:41 AM

Bust'a capp in yo @$$

Member No.: 22,580

haha they're like bunta!
best damn racers in the whole damn world but don't give a damn enough to show it off.
Kfuse
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 07:12 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 23,542

Thats probably a good thing. Adults shouldn't stick there noses in "kids stuff" XD

but really there are probably a bunch of people that don't release times for one reason or another.

If I were a pro I wouldn't even bother releasing a time unless it was 2 or 3 seconds above the best record. Makes everyone work harder and pose the question how did he friggin do that!?
Excel
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 08:10 AM

Snake is Sony's lone hero

Member No.: 4,625

Ya, its possible, but chances are if you are serious enough about the game to be that good, you will want to post your time. And most of the world records are fast enough that they won't be beat by more then a few fractions of a second.
jspec
Posted: Nov 12 2009, 05:14 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 34,229

where can i find the world records for ID1, 2, 3, 4 and now 5???