Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Elliott Yamin - Wait For You

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 13,159  ·  Replies: 93 
> Drift Rebels Japan UPDATE: 1/4/15
Shiroboi
  Posted: Dec 15 2014, 01:29 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,962

As he battles Fairlady, driver of the 370z.
Gunma's 34
Posted: Dec 15 2014, 01:40 AM

The R34's chosen one

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 27,787

The kouki's not a limited version, it's known in the US as the 200SX so you won't have much of a trouble to find it and most definitely it won't be that expensive, over other rendering models.
Shiroboi
  Posted: Dec 15 2014, 02:05 AM

IDW Jr. Member

I'll have to research that. Sometimes you'd think something would be available and it's not. With 3D models, if the poly count is too low it looks like crap. If it's too high, it'll crash the ipad. It needs to be in that sweet spot in the middle.
AGuywithanAE86
Posted: Dec 15 2014, 12:16 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 41,461

Like early gran turismo models? Or we going a step up from that? Either way, seems cool to me.

I'm on board with the main character driving an S14. Would you want the main character to be on a team though? Or have the option to join one later, and each team can give different benefits?

Rudy
Posted: Dec 15 2014, 12:45 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Gunma's 34
Posted: Dec 15 2014, 05:05 PM

The R34's chosen one

QUOTE (Rudy @ 4 hours, 20 minutes ago)
Nope, it was still called 240SX. There was a 200SX also being sold at the time but it was nothing more than a hopped up Sentra:
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj62/re...13.jpg~original
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj62/re...97.jpg~original

Yeah thanks for the correction there - it's mainly the 200SX in euro markets and is mostly the 240 in the NA region / north Am.
Rudy
Posted: Dec 15 2014, 05:12 PM

Unregistered

Shiroboi
  Posted: Dec 16 2014, 05:46 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Is that a Sentra or a Sunny? Over here, Nissan had a Sunny. Not sure how it was related to the Sentra, might be the same thing. Looks familiar though. I do remember that car as a 200sx. That whole S platform is thoroughly confusing.

As far as our car quality goes, It should be a fairly good looking model, close to PS3/xbox 360 quality. I won't be able to maintain quite that high quality for the backgrounds but it should be decent looking.

oh, Everyone, if you haven't seen it I did a quick screenshot mockup which I attached to my original post in this thread.

This post has been edited by Shiroboi on Dec 16 2014, 05:49 AM
KENZZ
Posted: Dec 16 2014, 09:41 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 34,347

Nice nice, just hoping my tracks on my dropbox are ok
Rudy
Posted: Dec 16 2014, 10:01 PM

Unregistered

KENZZ
Posted: Dec 16 2014, 11:36 PM

IDW Full Member

Kinda close to it ofc. More like Arcade MT3/ID3 quality..style.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w927j1t23vu44i0/...eu-5SPTRda?dl=0
Falbere
Posted: Dec 17 2014, 02:35 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

Am I the only guy that think the protagonist should be given the freedom to choose his own car from the start? I mean, sure S14 is cool but I rather prefer to choose a car for myself.

Maybe have a group of starter cars or stuff like that.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Shiroboi
  Posted: Dec 17 2014, 05:27 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Hmm Falbere, you might just be right. I guess as long as the cars are similar enough that would let us appeal to a broader fan base. Could cause some minor difficulties later on with story but I know what you mean. Everyone likes to pick their own car. We could have an S-14, a Sprinter Trueno and a third car like an MX-5 or something

KENZZ, I think your tracks are great, I wouldn't prohibit other people from submitting additional music but I'll definitely use your songs in the game.

This post has been edited by Shiroboi on Dec 17 2014, 05:28 PM
Gunma's 34
Posted: Dec 17 2014, 06:56 PM

The R34's chosen one

The reason being for having the car fixed to one car for the main character is something mandatory because of the story mode itself. There can be instances on some stages/acts/chapters where the character is made to use a different car temporarily, depending on the storyline but that comes in a latter time.

There can be some sort of bonus like "complete story mode to use this car on other modes" as a prize car for completing story mode.

we can have a separate mode for the player to freely choose their cars and like "Legend of the Street" - where they earn game credits to get the upgrades they desire. Plus, on quest mode, the character can be named by the player. There can also be a segment where they can get a set of rivals based on progress and difficulty set.

If you're familiar with Initial D special stage for the PS2, we're following the same mode choices on their main menu. i recommend something like this:

SPOILER

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Dec 17 2014, 06:59 PM
Falbere
Posted: Dec 17 2014, 07:32 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (Gunma's 34 @ 35 minutes, 58 seconds ago)
The reason being for having the car fixed to one car for the main character is something mandatory because of the story mode itself. There can be instances on some stages/acts/chapters where the character is made to use a different car temporarily, depending on the storyline but that comes in a latter time.

There can be some sort of bonus like "complete story mode to use this car on other modes" as a prize car for completing story mode.

we can have a separate mode for the player to freely choose their cars and like "Legend of the Street" - where they earn game credits to get the upgrades they desire. Plus, on quest mode, the character can be named by the player. There can also be a segment where they can get a set of rivals based on progress and difficulty set.

If you're familiar with Initial D special stage for the PS2, we're following the same mode choices on their main menu. i recommend something like this:

SPOILER

I have a feeling that having 2 separate singleplayer modes might be too story-focused. I think the game should be more gameplay-focused. We want to bring out an IDAS feel anyway. I rather just have the protagonist choose his own car and continue in the story. Or else it will just be too linear, limiting, and forcing the player to follow the story even if he/she doesn't want to.

But you can always try doing it the IDAS8 way.
SPOILER
Shiroboi
  Posted: Dec 17 2014, 09:10 PM

IDW Jr. Member

I don't know if we'll even have the chance to drill down into the story as much as the animes where we talk about specific cars, engines limits, etc. We're not making an anime, manga or fanfic, we're making a video game first and foremost. We could keep the story generic enough. The 3 starter cars would all be FR configurations and drift capable. I think whatever we take away from the story would be paid back in spades by letting the user pick their favorite car.

I think the starter cars will be S14 non-turbo, Trueno GT-Apex and newer MX-5. All 3 are in the 160-169hp range.

I was considering an RX-7 FC but I couldnt' find a model of one.

This post has been edited by Shiroboi on Dec 17 2014, 09:18 PM
AGuywithanAE86
Posted: Dec 18 2014, 12:44 PM

IDW Member

Go 150 hp for the 8-6, that's about the max their chassis can take before it needs to be beefed up. Plus the car's lightness is a weapon in it's own right.

But seriously, what about an S12 or an AE92? Both of those cars are actually pretty dang cool. Then again, they are less common so I suppose finding a good model of them would be tricky...
Gunma's 34
Posted: Dec 18 2014, 02:52 PM

The R34's chosen one

The AE92 is FF i believe and won't do much in terms of the touge in a drift environment.

The S12 can be a good addition to outweigh the overly whored S13s in the community, no?
AGuywithanAE86
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 02:41 PM

IDW Member

Were we just going for drifting style? An AE92 would add some flair to me, but yeah they're FF layout.
Shiroboi
  Posted: Dec 21 2014, 07:16 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Yeah, in general, drifting is slower than conventional grip based racing. I'm sure there's some times where a super pro could go around a corner faster by drifting but I'd like to focus in on the drifting scene so we're going to focus on mostly RWD vehicles.

Falbere
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 10:06 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (Shiroboi @ 2 hours, 49 minutes ago)
Yeah, in general, drifting is slower than conventional grip based racing. I'm sure there's some times where a super pro could go around a corner faster by drifting but I'd like to focus in on the drifting scene so we're going to focus on mostly RWD vehicles.

Some AWD like the evo or a skyline would be nice too.
KENZZ
Posted: Dec 22 2014, 01:49 AM

IDW Full Member

Well if it helps, there's a sister video game called Maximm Tune.
All RWD and 4WD/AWD became changed and modified during in game tuning processes to be all the same.

They all corner the same way in terms of powersliding but its response and movements are different.

But it isn't all similar from diff car to car although.

Hope this helps whne designing ur game, just because is mostly FR based doesnt mean it cant include 4wd or awd, there should be a balancing fit for all types.
Shiroboi
  Posted: Dec 22 2014, 10:18 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Yes, AWD and 4WD cars will make an appearance. i definitely plan to have some subarus, evos and skylines in the mix.

Important UPDATE:

Set up an Imgur album with Initial D Concept art AND what I think are the first decent screenshots of what the game will look like.

You can view that HERE

I will also update the mainpage of this post.
OkamiWind
Posted: Dec 22 2014, 11:01 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

QUOTE (Shiroboi @ 43 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
Important UPDATE:

Set up an Imgur album with Initial D Concept art AND what I think are the first decent screenshots of what the game will look like.

You can view that HERE

I will also update the mainpage of this post.

Oh? This is new stuff and it looks pretty awesome, can't wait for the finished beta...or is it alpha? whatever.
Shiroboi
  Posted: Dec 22 2014, 11:55 PM

IDW Jr. Member

At this point, we haven't properly started the game. I can load this level into my parking engine and drive but I'm trying to aquire some new racing code that would take care of a lot of issues I might run into like brakelight scripting, start and finish lines, Car AI and other small race mechanics. I'll probably hack it up like usual. Gonna try to get a test build today to see how it runs with the new map and lighting. Less of a prototype and more of a performance testing thing.

Uploading some extra concept art now so please check back again.

4 Pages  1 2 3 4